Sand is Awesome! (any suggestions is appreciated)

Anyways, I been playing UU for a little bit, And i came up with this team. Now, this team may not be the best so for anyone who was suggestions feel free to post. So here's my UU team.

Uhh, I dont really know how to insert pictures because when I do, the link just pops up. So I'll just tell you.

Hippowdon(Leftovers) Imphish nature. Ability:Sand stream
252 Def, 252 HP, and 4 speed.

Moves

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Slack off
Roar

Now, Hippowdon is my lead of choice considering it has huge bulk and has access to slack off the rejuvenate its health. I remember when I was playing a UU match, hippowdon survived a 4x supereffective scald from an empoleon. The evs are there to maximize its bulk so that stealth rocks may be put up. usually, I will lead with hippowdon, unless I face like a donphan or something.

Froslass (Leftovevers) Timid nature
252 speed, 252 hp, 4 def

Moves

Taunt
Ice beam
pain split
spikes

Froslass plays two roles in this team. Spinblocking and putting up spikes. Now that almost every team leads with Donphan now, frosslass has two options. Either taunt it, or spikes while it switches. Basically Taunt is there to shut down hazards. Ice beam is just to get some residual damage. And pain split is the closest thing froslass gets to recover health. The evs make froslass somewhat bulky and to maximize its speed.

Hitmonchan(Life orb) Imphish

120 HP, 252 attk, 64 def, 72 speed.

Ah, the good old hitmonchan set created by NBZ. I tried it out and it works great.

Moves

drain punch
mach punch
thunder punch
ice punch.

Evs are everywhere on this hitmonchan. It could take alot of hits from hazard users such as hippowdon and donphan, then drain punch its health back up.
Mach punch is there just to pick off weak opponents. The last two moveslots are for the bolt-beam combo.

Chansey(eviolite) Careful nature

252 Hp, 252 sp def, 4 def

The wonderful new item of 5th gen, Eviolite, had just turned chansey into the best special wall in the game. Nothing can one hit Ko chansey, even Focus blast from alakazam does around 100. However, most alakazams carry psyhshock now, which completely shuts down my chansey. But still, Chansey gets the Job done very nicely.

Moves

wish
protect
toxic
seismic toss

Stoutland(choice band) Adamant nature ability: Sand rush

252 attk, 252 speed, 4 hp

Moves

Pursuit
fire fang
return
retaliate

Stoutland is a beast. It freakin tears down teams in the sand. Sand rush doubles it speed, getting outspeed only by floatzel in the rain. Pursuit to kill Misagius, which i rarely even see, fire fang to kill ferroseeds, and registeels, return just to hit everything and kill everything. Last but not least, ReTALIATe. 14o base choice banded retaliate will almost ohko everything. Not much more to be said. It also serves as a late game sweep.

Alakazam ( life orb) timid

252 sp attk, 252 speed, 4 hp

Moves

Pyshock
shadow ball
energy ball
hidden power fire

This may be a suprising alakazam, because when shaymin comes in it gets 2 ohkoed by a hidden power fire. Not many people will expect this, so let it be secret. Pyshock to hit everything, and to kill of opponents chansey. Shadow ball for pesky ghosts like sableye, Energy just for those bulky leads like slowbro, hippowdon, etc. This pairs up great for stoutland because both their moves have good coverage. Abusing magic guard, it doesn't take damage from hazards and it also could sweep through teams.

Thats is my UU team, hope you enjoyed and once again, if you have any suggestions, feel free to post.

HP Fire Zam isn't exactly secret since you can use it to beat Escavalier...

and why not Clefable over Chansey? It doesn't take hazards/sand damage and can still do what chansey does...

A few things
1) NBZ is awful, don't rely on him, maybe this set works but Idk
2)use smogon's spread for bulky Froslass.
3) if using retaliate, you want life orb
4)this team lacks key resisantces like water also grass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)