is a Tiering Contributor
Lead: Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
N: Modest
Ev: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4 Hp

Stealth Rock
Earth Power
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower

T-Tar sets up my sand storm, and sets up stealth rocks everytime. It's focus sash makes up for it's 0 investment in defenses, and it can also OHKO poles and abuse focus sash as another option. His attacks are STAB and coverage and is mainly fodder to scout my opponent, and to set up my teams rocks.

Sp Wall: Gastrodon @ leftovers
N: Calm
Ev: 252 Hp/252 SpD/4 SpA

Toxic
Recover
Scald
Earth Power

Gastrodon's storm drain makes it a water scapegoat. since most my team is weak to water attacks, Gastro makes them think twice before trying that! Recover is perfect as it tanks special hits like a beast. Toxic is just for residual damage cobbeled with sand damage. Scald over surf got the burn chance (it's actually pretty useful as it happens a lot) Earth Power is for STAB.

Phy. Wall: Gliscor @ Flying Gem
N: Impish
Ev: 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spd
A: Sand Veil

Roost
Acrobatics
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Gliscor tanks off physical hits, and laughs it off with roost. It's a perfect wall partner with Gastro as it's a big target for water hits. Swords Dance allows it to switch to offense and sweep teams for the win! Acrobatics is a surefire attack to dent anything. EQ is for STAB.

Sp. Sweeper: Lucario @ Life Orb
N: Timid
Ev: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4 Hp

Nasty Plot
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
HP ice

Nasty Plot and life orb? Already Lucario is in a sweeping position. All attacks are for coverage and Aura Sphere STAB. High base speed at maximum is OVER 300 speed. It can help me with dragons and other grounds and absorbs toxic.

Sweeper/Fire Sponger: Heatran @ Air Balloon
N: Timid
Ev: Max Speed/Max Special/4 Hp

Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
HP ice

My team usually fight sun teams. This thing abuses sun and absorbs opponents attack. EP counters fire pokes who hope to one shit Excadrill, fire blast abuses sun and/or flash fire. Hp ice for Pesky dragons.

Phy. Sweeper: Excadrill
N: Jolly
Ev: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
A: Sand Rush

X-Scissor
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

He can sweep at ANY given moment. X-Scissor takes care of the pain in my ass Latios. Rock Slide fot flying types. Swords Dance to finish the game. Earthquake to abuse power!

Please este and comment, thanks!

Nice team you have here. I have never made a sandstorm team before, but when i play against one, with my own weather team, they always try to keep tyranitar alive to win the weather war. Which is the reason you should run a bulkier set, so you can win the weather war. Also, in my opinion, heatran and lucario are both not needed on this team. Maybe a bulkier pokemon like a forretress to spin away entry hazards, and set up more entry hazards like spikes and toxic spikes. Another note, on heatran HP grass might be more effective, because gliscor can easily be taken out by a fire blast, and hp grass doesn't leave you stranded against a water type.

Also if you need set, and ev help for tyranitar, and a forretress i can give it. Also poison heal gliscor will help you out a TON more in the long run. It stays alive longer, and you can scout with protect.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
agree about Lucario. However, rain teams and sun teams rival mine most. Replacing lucario with ferrothorn, and heatran is a good counter on ninetauls, and helps out my teams best pokemon, Excadrill. As for t-tar, if it's a weather team I switchbout into heatran on ferrothorn (who both could care less about the weather changes) depending on my opponent. As to Gliscors fire blast weakness, again heatran can eat that up (which, people only use fire blast on Gliscor if they have nothing better, making it pretty predictable) What poke had fire blast and a water attack? I can double switch or 2hko water foe or switch to appropiate poke,

You team has some big problems, I am sure a more experienced rater and give better advice, but the least I can do is give these Tyranitar and Gliscor sets.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 255 HP / 180 SAtk / 75 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

180 special attack allows you to get many kos, the rest goes to special defense. Ice beam is great for gliscor, Dragonite, and Salamence. Fire blast gives needed power for many KOs, finally crunch is a good stab move.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Protect / Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Taunt to shut down threats; protect to scout and heal or swords dance for a more offensive touch. Earthquake is a good stab move, while you need ice fang to break balloons and for some pokemon like dragonite and salamence. The speed evs allow to to outspeed max speed Tyranitar or something.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey, this seems like a relatively solid team although it could use some work to be very successful. I really think that you could use another ground resist. Over half of your team is weak to ground which can really open up some weaknesses on this team. Substitute + 3 attacks Landorus can really cause this team problems as it can force a few of your team members out with earthquake / hp ice and grab a free substitute. At this point, it will be extremely difficult to play around Landorus especially since your best switch into it is Gliscor. Skarmory would fit very well on this team over Lucario. Overall, Lucario looks like the most replaceable member of the team as it is really not doing much for you at all. Skarmory also gives you an extra ground immune as well as winning against substitute + 3 attacks Landorus. Leftovers, impish, spikes / roost / brave bird / whirlwind, and a spread of 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe is what you should run. This will allow you to roost on cb ttar who don't run a ton of speed in order to outrun Skarmory.

Heatran is really the weakest link in the team at this point. I really think that there is another pokemon that would fit much better on this team in order to help you out with an Excadrill sweep later in the match. Mixed Jirachi would work very well over Heatran for this job. It allows you to lure in and weaken up Excadrill's most common counters such as Skarmory and Gliscor so that it will be able to sweep much easier later on. Jirachi will be able to ko Gliscor with hidden power ice easily and paralyze Skarmory so that you can abuse the rock slide flinch chance along with paralysis later in the match with Excadrill against Skarmory. Leftovers, lonely nature, 108 HP / 148 Atk / 100 SpA / 56 SpDef / 96 Spe, and a set of iron head / fire punch / hidden power [ice] / thunder wave would work very well. This will allow you to avoid a 2HKO from surf by specs Latios as well as koing Gliscor with hidden power after a small amount of prior damage.

This team is pretty spikes weak at this point. Excadrill could really use rapid spin over x-scissor in order to solve this problem. Rapid spin Excadrill will also give you a great weapon against defensive teams because normally Excadrill has the ability to muscle its way through most common spin blockers such as Jellicent. Running an adamant nature with air balloon also makes Excadrill a very potent spinner. Tyranitar should really have a set of stealth rock / crunch / rock slide / pursuit, with a careful nature and maximum special defense and speed with a chople berry. This will really help you in switching into specially based threats such as the lati twins, Volcarona, and Thundurus to an extent. Finally, you could really use to run a taunt + sd set on Gliscor. This will really help you break down more defensive teams especially combined with rapid spin Excadrill and mixed Jirachi. A set with swords dance / earthquake / ice fang / taunt, impish, and a spread of 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe with a toxic orb and poison heal would work much more effectively over your current spread.

This seems like a pretty nice team that you have here. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)