Sand Team

Hi everyone, my first RMT. My team has flaws and weaknesses so I want to get advice on it.

From a glance
thumb_tyranitar.jpg
thumb_latias.jpg
thumb_terrakion.jpg
thumb_skarmory.jpg
thumb_heatran.jpg
images

images

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Like and normal sand team, I lead with Tyranitar to get the sand up. I use stealth rocks for hazards, crunch for the Lati@s, Reuniclus, etc, pursuit for Pokemon that I know will switch out (Lati@s) and earthquake. Since all of its moves are physical I decided to max out the EV's in HP and SP.Def so that Rain Politoed and Sun Ninetales don't do much damage.

images

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar

I prefer Latias over Latios because its Sp.Def is great and it resists fighting types. I use Calm mind when I know that Pokemon can't KO mine. Recover is important, I need it to last long. Dragon Pulse is used for Dragon types, Latias is very fast and it out speeds many dragon types. I use roar for Pokemon that are known for setting up, such as, Reuniclus, Jirachi, etc. Helps a lot with my team, especially against fighting types.

images

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Just like any Skarmory, this ones main job is to set up hazards. Although that isn't his only job. If I screw up and let a Pokemon set up, I switch into this guy and he whirlwinds it away thanks to sturdy. It also helps take out fighting Pokemon, it stands up against them well since this is a defense Skarmory set.

images

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

This guy is my revenge killer, hit's hard and fast which is what I need for this team. It's great against Heatran, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, etc. If a Gliscor switches in I just proceed to switch into Skarmory and set up spikes.

images

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

I've had Roar on this set but it didn't work out to well, so I added HP Ice. I gave this guy an Air Ballon because it gets killed easily by a Gliscor, and HP Ice will help kill it. I like using Will-O-Wisp when I know my opponent is going to switch out and use protect if I'm trying to stall or see what it has. I also love switching in to Heatran when I have my Skamory and know my opponent is going to use a fire moves.

images

Gastrodon-Ea (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

This set is meant to poison, stall, burn, etc. When I have Heatran up and my foe goes for a Rotom-W, I switch into this guy and no Hydro Pump or Volt Switch damage since it has Storm Drain and it's half ground. It walls most Rotom-W sets, and it very useful.

My Opinion:

I've thought about switching some Pokemon. My main type weakness is fighting, but any fighting Pokemon with Bulk Up is a problem, especially Conkledurr. I've thought about Gengar but I'm not to sure. My other problem is hazards against me, I don't have a rapid spinner so I can't switch to much. I've though about switching Heatran for a Donphan but I'm still not sure. Another Problem is status problems on my team. I've wanted to use Blissey before for its Aromatherapy but I don't want to remove a Pokemon. I think this Team has a lot of potential. I've asked a friend of mine to use this team against me, he beat me 5-0 (played bad at prediction), so I can tell its me and not the team. I've also thought about putting in Landorus instead on Terrakion because of its Sand Force ability, but it's slower then a Terrakion and a Stone Edge would probably kill it.

So please, rate my team and leave any suggestions.

Code:
Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Gastrodon-Ea (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Hey there.

A major threat for your team is Conkeldurr. Skarmory is the only Pokemon on your team that can be a threat to it, and even it can't defeat it after Conkeldurr uses Bulk Up, as Roost will eliminate Skarmory's Flying-type and make Drain Punch super effective. Threats such as Terrakion are also major problems, as Skarmory won't enjoy sponging too many Close Combats; CB Terrakion scores an easy 2HKO on it regardless. Your team also relies a bit too much on Heatran considering the fact that it has no form of recovery and also lack a rapid spinner. A second physical wall would be a big help for your team, as almost all of your Pokemon are specially bulky. Therefore, I suggest that you replace it with a Slowbro. Slowbro not only defeats these threats, but can also easily defeat the likes of Dragonite and Gliscor, which your Heatran was used to defeat. Slowbro will also help against Landorus, who would otherwise cause major problems for your team if it runs Smack Down in tandem with Earthquake. The likes of Latias can be defeated by Tyranitar regardless.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold nature
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Recover

Ice Beam nails Dragon-types, and Fire Blast is very useful for killing the likes of Skarmory and Ferrothorn, which your Heatran was used to defeat.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

This team is really impressive; I really love the EV Spread and moveset of the Gastrodon seeing as the majority of your team is weak to water and its vital that he stays alive. The only problem I can see is one that you have already identified: the lack of a spinner. Spikes can surely do a number on your squad.

Other than that, my many congratulations :)

9/10

Hey there.

A major threat for your team is Conkeldurr. Skarmory is the only Pokemon on your team that can be a threat to it, and even it can't defeat it after Conkeldurr uses Bulk Up, as Roost will eliminate Skarmory's Flying-type and make Drain Punch super effective. Threats such as Terrakion are also major problems, as Skarmory won't enjoy sponging too many Close Combats; CB Terrakion scores an easy 2HKO on it regardless. Your team also relies a bit too much on Heatran considering the fact that it has no form of recovery and also lack a rapid spinner. A second physical wall would be a big help for your team, as almost all of your Pokemon are specially bulky. Therefore, I suggest that you replace it with a Slowbro. Slowbro not only defeats these threats, but can also easily defeat the likes of Dragonite and Gliscor, which your Heatran was used to defeat. Slowbro will also help against Landorus, who would otherwise cause major problems for your team if it runs Smack Down in tandem with Earthquake. The likes of Latias can be defeated by Tyranitar regardless.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold nature
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Recover

Ice Beam nails Dragon-types, and Fire Blast is very useful for killing the likes of Skarmory and Ferrothorn, which your Heatran was used to defeat.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!
I've noticed that too. My first battle with this team was against a Conkledurr, which destroyed me. I knew fighting types were a thread, and I've considered a Gengar but I didn't think he would last long. I'll try Slowbro and see how it goes. I also need a rapid spinner, I've thought about changing Heatran with Donphan but wasn't to sure.

Also, help me out with this, who would be better on my team: Terrakion or Landorus?

Back