SS OU Sand team

Hello! This is my first post and one of my first sand equipment, it has worked well for me for now but I would like you to help me improve it
Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

I put it in because I didn't want something with hippowdon and I think it does a good synergy with the other 2 defenders, it resists well and I think the ice beam surprises doing 2 hko to the defensive landorus it also resists a bug buzz and a giga drain of volcarona +2 spa shy under the sand, obviously resists the same attack but without being empowered withstanding a defensive landorus earthquake that abound in the meta.

Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

He is the team's wall breaker and I think he does an excellent job under the sand being destructive to Bolt beak destroying any defense against water, also ko ferrothorn with fire fang after stealth rock and doing great damage to everything with bol beak if we attack first when there are no more ground-type Pokémon

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 28 SpD / 144
Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Mystical Fire
- Scorching Sands

I think tyranitar's best defensive friend covering most of tyranitar's checks like rillaboom just bothering him the knock of also bothering quite dangerous fighting guys like zapdos galar hawlucha etc.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb
I placed it in the team to cover the water type but I don't know if it is the best option

Celesteela @ Metronome
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
Basically the team's special attacker and a good sweeper

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
It is the omnipresent pokemon in the team arena and I think it is a good revenge killer under arena

Sorry English I did it with the google translator

Last edited:
I'm not sure that your descriptions for pokemon are long enough, so I would try to make them a bit longer.

That being said, we use ocelzolt here, since it does the same thing your set does, but you dont need to lock yourself into a choice item.

I summon you again Liquidocelot ! dont really remember the new ocelzolt details so could you please explain?

I'm not sure that your descriptions for pokemon are long enough, so I would try to make them a bit longer.

That being said, we use ocelzolt here, since it does the same thing your set does, but you dont need to lock yourself into a choice item.

I summon you again Liquidocelot ! dont really remember the new ocelzolt details so could you please explain?

Okay I'll try to give a better description of the pokes, I don't understand what you mean by ocezolt. If you could explain it, I would appreciate it, you mean life orb dracozolt? sorry but I don't speak English and I can't understand everything

dont worry I asked another member of the forum that knows better than me to come explain. He will explain it better than me because he plays with dracozolt a lot. but yes, it is life orb dracozolt. just wait untill he sees the post in a couple of hours. I am trying to write a bit simpler now but say if you do not understand something

dont worry I asked another member of the forum that knows better than me to come explain. He will explain it better than me because he plays with dracozolt a lot. but yes, it is life orb dracozolt. just wait untill he sees the post in a couple of hours. I am trying to write a bit simpler now but say if you do not understand something
Okay I'll wait until you answer, thanks now I can understand better

Rash Nature
EVs: 108 Atk / 212 SpA / 188 Spe
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

this is the best Zolt set. It has enough speed Ev's to outspeed scarf Lando-T in sand while having enough SPA Ev's to 1hko non defensive Lando-T with LO draco meteor and 2ko defensive Lando after rocks.

The rest is dumped into attack to maximiE Bolt beak damage so you can 2hko the rest of the meta. EQ is just filler to KO Heatran really.

[QUOTE = "Liquidocelot, publicación: 8765386, miembro: 205928"]
Naturaleza eruptiva
Habilidad: Arena Rush
VE: 108 Atk / 212 SpA / 188 Spe
- Pico de perno
- Terremoto
- Draco Meteorito
- Explosión de fuego

este es el mejor set de Zolt. Tiene suficientes Ev's de velocidad para superar en velocidad a Lando-T en la arena, mientras que tiene suficientes Ev de SPA para 1hko no defensivo Lando-T con LO draco meteoro y 2ko defensivo Lando tras rocas.

El resto se lanza al ataque para maximizar el daño del pico de Bolt para que puedas hacer 2hko al resto del meta. EQ es solo un relleno para KO Heatran realmente.
[/CITA]
¡Oh! Gracias no lo sabía pero no sería mejor tomarlo con banda de elección así que golpear con un daño muy alto a todo y usar Excadrill para terminar el resto?

[QUOTE = "Liquidocelot, publicación: 8765386, miembro: 205928"]
Naturaleza eruptiva
Habilidad: Arena Rush
VE: 108 Atk / 212 SpA / 188 Spe
- Pico de perno
- Terremoto
- Draco Meteorito
- Explosión de fuego

este es el mejor set de Zolt. Tiene suficientes Ev's de velocidad para superar en velocidad a Lando-T en la arena, mientras que tiene suficientes Ev de SPA para 1hko no defensivo Lando-T con LO draco meteoro y 2ko defensivo Lando tras rocas.

El resto se lanza al ataque para maximizar el daño del pico de Bolt para que puedas hacer 2hko al resto del meta. EQ es solo un relleno para KO Heatran realmente.
[/CITA]
¿Algún otro consejo para el equipo?

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
As a fellow sand lover, here are some random advice for this sand team

On :Excadrill:, replace :life orb: with :leftovers:. You do not want to lose hp when all you wanna do is get rid of a bunch of rocks

As mentioned earlier, use the Ocelzolt set. It's a terrifying sand wallbreaker with very little switch ins

After that, replace :Moltres: with :Corviknight: or :Skarmory:. Yes, Moltres can somewhat deal with Rillaboom but it absolutely hates knock off, which is everywhere in the game, not to mention it also stacks weakness with Excadrill and Tyranitar, making it a horrible pick. Those two birds will prove to be more useful as they can take up the role of a full physical wall, allowing you to dump all evs on Amoonguss to hp and spd. Which metal bird you choose depends on what you value, a switch move on Corviknight or the spikes on Skarmory

With :Corviknight: or :Skarmory: taking up the steel type, there is no need for :Celesteela:. Celesteela is in an awkward place as it wants a lot of moves but can't fit them all, from leech seed, to fire blast or flamethrower, to earthquake and rock slide, among others. Your Steela set gets completely walled by Heatran, which is something you absolutely do not want as your team lacks that good of a Heatran switch in. On this slot, I would recommend one of the tapus, either :Tapu Lele: or :Tapu Koko:. These two mons are really strong picks for Excadrill sand teams for a couple of reasons, one they get rid of Rillaboom's terrain, which is something Excadrill absolutely hates. Tapu Lele in particular is such a strong pick in this slot due to how its terrain works, it stops you from losing to something like random aqua jets or sucker punchs. While none of these two pokemon switches in to Heatran, your main goal should be to be as offensive as possible and force it in. Ocelzolt can drop most things with just a slight chip and can easily force an uncomfortable situation

Here are the changes

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Dracozolt @ LIfe Orb
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

After those four, choose one between Skarmory and Corviknight

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U turn
- Brave Bird
- Body Press

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Body Press

For the last slot, you can choose between one of those two Tapus

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U turn / Volt Switch

As a fellow sand lover, here are some random advice for this sand team

On :Excadrill:, replace :life orb: with :leftovers:. You do not want to lose hp when all you wanna do is get rid of a bunch of rocks

As mentioned earlier, use the Ocelzolt set. It's a terrifying sand wallbreaker with very little switch ins

After that, replace :Moltres: with :Corviknight: or :Skarmory:. Yes, Moltres can somewhat deal with Rillaboom but it absolutely hates knock off, which is everywhere in the game, not to mention it also stacks weakness with Excadrill and Tyranitar, making it a horrible pick. Those two birds will prove to be more useful as they can take up the role of a full physical wall, allowing you to dump all evs on Amoonguss to hp and spd. Which metal bird you choose depends on what you value, a switch move on Corviknight or the spikes on Skarmory

With :Corviknight: or :Skarmory: taking up the steel type, there is no need for :Celesteela:. Celesteela is in an awkward place as it wants a lot of moves but can't fit them all, from leech seed, to fire blast or flamethrower, to earthquake and rock slide, among others. Your Steela set gets completely walled by Heatran, which is something you absolutely do not want as your team lacks that good of a Heatran switch in. On this slot, I would recommend one of the tapus, either :Tapu Lele: or :Tapu Koko:. These two mons are really strong picks for Excadrill sand teams for a couple of reasons, one they get rid of Rillaboom's terrain, which is something Excadrill absolutely hates. Tapu Lele in particular is such a strong pick in this slot due to how its terrain works, it stops you from losing to something like random aqua jets or sucker punchs. While none of these two pokemon switches in to Heatran, your main goal should be to be as offensive as possible and force it in. Ocelzolt can drop most things with just a slight chip and can easily force an uncomfortable situation

Here are the changes

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Dracozolt @ LIfe Orb
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

After those four, choose one between Skarmory and Corviknight

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U turn
- Brave Bird
- Body Press

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Body Press

For the last slot, you can choose between one of those two Tapus

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U turn / Volt Switch
If I'm already using ocezolt and excadrill with leftovers, but moltres has helped me a lot so far, I think I won't change it until it generates problems and about celesteela, I think I will change it since heatran does give many problems and I think Koko would do a good one synergy with bolt beak from ocezolt, thank you very much for the advice

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
If I'm already using ocezolt and excadrill with leftovers, but moltres has helped me a lot so far, I think I won't change it until it generates problems and about celesteela, I think I will change it since heatran does give many problems and I think Koko would do a good one synergy with bolt beak from ocezolt, thank you very much for the advice
Koko is walled by Heatran as well but at least it can switch out with u turn or volt switch. You can always just slap on earthquake on Celesteela and completely destroy Heatran

Koko is walled by Heatran as well but at least it can switch out with u turn or volt switch. You can always just slap on earthquake on Celesteela and completely destroy Heatran
I have made some changes in the team but I have not put it yet. I don't know what you think, and I thought about replacing moltres but I'm not sure

Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- High Horsepower

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

I changed it to better slow down offensives in the rain like urshifu rs and barrakewda and his 32 evs in spd are to withstand 1hko of draco meteor from kingdra specs

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

the 32 evs in corvinigth manage to make resit a superpower in +2 of rillabom and the other evs in special defense to stop many attackers esp from the meta

Garchomp @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge

place it in excadrill place to better slow down heatran and to gain the speed boost with adrenaline orb and scale shot

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I have made some changes in the team but I have not put it yet. I don't know what you think, and I thought about replacing moltres but I'm not sure

Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- High Horsepower

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

I changed it to better slow down offensives in the rain like urshifu rs and barrakewda and his 32 evs in spd are to withstand 1hko of draco meteor from kingdra specs

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

the 32 evs in corvinigth manage to make resit a superpower in +2 of rillabom and the other evs in special defense to stop many attackers esp from the meta

Garchomp @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge

place it in excadrill place to better slow down heatran and to gain the speed boost with adrenaline orb and scale shot
Here's a general rule of thumb. Never use Excadrill and Garchomp on the same sand team. Use only one of them so you can either have rush drill or veil chomp teams. Dracozolt can support both of them as they both hate Corviknight and Skarmory. That's not really relevant to the quoted post but just thought I'd point that out

For Garchomp, use substitute over stone edge. Sub scale shot sd Garchomp is its single most dangerous set in the game as sand veil allows you to get one scale shot and protects you from Landorus' intimidate. Substitute will also allow you to burn Rillaboom's terrain if you need to earthquake something to death. Also, don't use adrenaline orb. It's a useless item on Garchomp as you do not want to take on Landorus Therian unless you're sure scale shot will kill it. Use leftovers instead so you can slowly heal up and create more subs

Use max spd Tyranitar. You already have Slowbro as a physical wall and Corviknight covers Slowbro's Rillaboom weakness. You need that special defense to stop Volcarona

Lastly, consider using Tapu Lele over Tapu Koko as you already have Dracozolt as an electric type. Dracozolt's job is to get rid of Corviknight and Skarmory to open the path for Garchomp and they both drop to a single bolt beak either way, with or without Koko's terrain while Lele provides you with another powerful wall breaker. I would suggest going for specs Lele over any set. If you really wanna keep Koko, use either a specs set and replace roost with u turn / grass knot or go for boots, replacing volt switch with u turn

Oh and don't use Moltres. It's viability becomes d rank if it ever loses its boots and the thing it's supposed to counter like Kartana and RIllaboom love their knock offs

Here's a general rule of thumb. Never use Excadrill and Garchomp on the same sand team. Use only one of them so you can either have rush drill or veil chomp teams. Dracozolt can support both of them as they both hate Corviknight and Skarmory. That's not really relevant to the quoted post but just thought I'd point that out

For Garchomp, use substitute over stone edge. Sub scale shot sd Garchomp is its single most dangerous set in the game as sand veil allows you to get one scale shot and protects you from Landorus' intimidate. Substitute will also allow you to burn Rillaboom's terrain if you need to earthquake something to death. Also, don't use adrenaline orb. It's a useless item on Garchomp as you do not want to take on Landorus Therian unless you're sure scale shot will kill it. Use leftovers instead so you can slowly heal up and create more subs

Use max spd Tyranitar. You already have Slowbro as a physical wall and Corviknight covers Slowbro's Rillaboom weakness. You need that special defense to stop Volcarona

Lastly, consider using Tapu Lele over Tapu Koko as you already have Dracozolt as an electric type. Dracozolt's job is to get rid of Corviknight and Skarmory to open the path for Garchomp and they both drop to a single bolt beak either way, with or without Koko's terrain while Lele provides you with another powerful wall breaker. I would suggest going for specs Lele over any set. If you really wanna keep Koko, use either a specs set and replace roost with u turn / grass knot or go for boots, replacing volt switch with u turn

Oh and don't use Moltres. It's viability becomes d rank if it ever loses its boots and the thing it's supposed to counter like Kartana and RIllaboom love their knock offs

Yes, I have already placed corvinigth on moltres now I will try garchomp with substitute and leftovers, I have already thought about placing the spd to the maximum to tyranitar but the evs in defense help to resist the defensive landorus earthquake in case I do not make a good prediction, I'll also try the specs lele

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Yes, I have already placed corvinigth on moltres now I will try garchomp with substitute and leftovers, I have already thought about placing the spd to the maximum to tyranitar but the evs in defense help to resist the defensive landorus earthquake in case I do not make a good prediction, I'll also try the specs lele
Don't risk Tyranitar facing off against Landorus Therian. Switch to Corviknight then u turn out and bring in Dracozolt or Lele. Also, you can also alter this team and use Excadrill over Garchomp. Put rapid spin with stabs and swords dance on drill and use body press over defog on Corvinkight. This allows you to nail Ferrothorn. That's only an option in case you wanna use Excadrill again

Don't risk Tyranitar facing off against Landorus Therian. Switch to Corviknight then u turn out and bring in Dracozolt or Lele. Also, you can also alter this team and use Excadrill over Garchomp. Put rapid spin with stabs and swords dance on drill and use body press over defog on Corvinkight. This allows you to nail Ferrothorn. That's only an option in case you wanna use Excadrill again
You have a very good point I'll change it now and I'll tell you how I'm doing, thanks

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there :afrostar:
Nice team you've got, but I have a couple suggestions that can help you out.
First I'll be listing my changes and then describing the team.
Major Changes:
  • I swapped out your Moltres for a Corviknight because Moltres is very underwhelming in the current meta as it is cannot check much reliably barring Heatran and loses to practically every Stealth Rock user in the tier as they can either Toxic it or Knock Off its boots. Corviknight on the other hand only loses to two Stealth Rock users in the tier namely Heatran and Trick Clefable.
  • Next major change I suggest implementing is swapping put Amoonguss for a Slowbro as you do not want to be sus, but jokes aside Slowbro fits better here as it can ease pressure on Corviknight to check threats such as Excadrill, Garchomp and Landorus-therian, it also helps with your match up against Rain teams which is why you were using Amoonguss in the first place. It also pairs well with one of my other changes.
  • My final Major change is swapping out Celesteela for a Sticky Barb Clefable. Celesteela is really not good in ou this gen, its typing is ofcourse very good but theres really no reason to use it over something else as it doesnt cover or check anything that lets say Corviknight or Skarmory dont do. It also lacks reliable recovery which is a real bummer. Sticky Barb Clefable on the other hand makes for a great Stealth Rock setter and can cripple common switch ins like Heatran. It also opens up a moveslot on Tyranitar.
Now for my more minor changes:
  • Your Dracozolt is bad to say the least, I'd recommend using the one from the smogon strategy dex as I dont personally agree with the one provided above. First off I believe running 252 speed evs is important to outspeed Scarfed Base 100 pokemon namely Volcarona after one Quiver Dance and also the claim of it ohkoing offensive LandorusT is unreliable as that has a extremely small chance of happening.
    212+ SpA Life Orb Dracozolt Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 253-300 (79.3 - 94%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • The second minor change I recommend is giving your Excadrill Leftovers instead of a Life Orb as it provides passive recovery which can provide longevity and help it stick around during the match.
  • And lastly I recommend making your Tyranitar a Choice Banded variant as it is a very underrated threat currently and can be very strong when paired with Future Sight. Even without it is able to 2hko notoriously bulky pokemon such as Skarmory and Corviknight.
Now onto describing the team:
Let's start with Tyranitar

:ss/tyranitar:

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

- Earthquake

Tyranitar makes for a great Sand setter. I personally really like the Choice Banded set on this team as it brings a sort of surprise element to the game. Due to its low usage Choice Band Tyranitar can catch people off guard which can often make them choke and misplay. It's also very useful in the current meta since it can break through some of the best Physical walls in the tier being Skarmory, Corviknight, Slowbro and Landorus-T. Earthquake is for hitting Heatran supereffectively and Fire Punch for hitting Ferrothorn and Tangrowth.

:ss/excadrill:

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

- Toxic

Excadrill makes for a great sand abuser, it's a good revenge killer and win condition, Leftovers gives it longevity which it otherwise lacks. I went with Toxic over Rock Slide since it can use it to cripple common switch ins like Hippowdon and Tangrowth which can trouble all three of your breakers. Crippling Hippowdon is incredibly useful since that allows Tyranitar and Dracozolt to clean easier. I also opted for Swords Dance over Rapid Spin since your team does not need the extra hazard control.

:ss/dracozolt:

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

- Earthquake

Dracozolt makes for a great sand abuser as well, but it is harder to use due to it being incredibly prone to chip damage with Life Orb and hazards. It's still very good however since it can deal with some of its checks such as Ferrothorn and Tangrowth with Fire Blast. Earthquake is to hit Heatran mostly as most others are hit harder by Bolt Beak. The EVs let it 1hko a physically defensive Ferrothorn, the rest has just been dumped into Attack and Speed.

:ss/Corviknight:

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

- Brave Bird

Corviknight is one of the best Defog users in the current meta as it can defog on almost every Stealth Rock user safely barring Heatran and Trick Clefable. U-turn can help it act as a slow pivot which can be useful to get in Dracozolt or Tyranitar. It also helps with your weakness against Garchomp and opposing Excadrill.

:ss/slowbro:

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight

- Teleport

Slowbro is a great bulky water that can act as a slow pivot and can put pressure on the opposing team with Future Sight. It also eases pressure on Corviknight by helping it check Landorus-T, Garchomp and Excadrill so it doesnt get overwhelmed. It can also help with your Rain match up which is why you had Amoonguss. After using Future Sight you can Teleport to Tyranitar to abuse the Future Sight to break through common walls such as Corviknight, Skarmory, and Hippowdon.

:ss/Clefable:

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

- Soft-Boiled

Clefable is a great Stealth Rock user currently as it is able to threaten a Knock Off on Defog users such as Zapdos and Tornadus-T ( although this set does not have it the opposing user has no way of knowing so and hence are hesitant to switch into it ). It can also help check Heatran by tricking it the Sticky Barb which can cripple it greatly. The EVs are specified to avoid a 3hko from a defensive Heatran.​

Hopefully the these changes help you out! The team can be found here.

Have fun and if you have any questions feel free to ask:blobthumbsup:.

Now for my more minor changes:
  • Your Dracozolt is bad to say the least, I'd recommend using the one from the smogon strategy dex as I dont personally agree with the one provided above. First off I believe running 252 speed evs is important to outspeed Scarfed Base 100 pokemon namely Volcarona after one Quiver Dance and also the claim of it ohkoing offensive LandorusT is unreliable as that has a extremely small chance of happening.
    212+ SpA Life Orb Dracozolt Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 253-300 (79.3 - 94%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

I mean the claim was that it OHko's offensive Lando-T after rocks which it does. Not too mention 2hko's any Lando-T switching in. It also allows you to beat Specially defensive Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Buzzwole and make 0 mons want to switch in on you. Since nearly every non steel mon in the meta takes >50% from Draco and every steel mon except Heatran doesn't like a fireblasf/EQ/Boltbeak.

Also it could be tweaked to outspeed base 95's like pre-Kyub/Zygarde ban. But altogether there is not much besides maybe a + 1 Kyurem you need to outspeed. Volc is a problem? What about T-tar? Or Sand Rush Exca with Rock Slide? If your Zolt is your Volc Counter you're doing something wrong.

Also at the very least go a +SPA nature. Bolt beak hits hard enough as is, your better off using a + SPA nature and hitting decently hard on the special side otherwise the mixed set is pretty useless.

Finally why the hell is it using a Lonely Nature instead of Naughty? All this serves to do is make ya take more damage from the tiers priority halting your wallbreaking even faster.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I mean the claim was that it OHko's offensive Lando-T after rocks which it does. Not too mention 2hko's any Lando-T switching in. It also allows you to beat Specially defensive Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Buzzwole and make 0 mons want to switch in on you. Since nearly every non steel mon in the meta takes >50% from Draco and every steel mon except Heatran doesn't like a fireblasf/EQ/Boltbeak.

Also it could be tweaked to outspeed base 95's like pre-Kyub/Zygarde ban. But altogether there is not much besides maybe a + 1 Kyurem you need to outspeed. Volc is a problem? What about T-tar? Or Sand Rush Exca with Rock Slide? If your Zolt is your Volc Counter you're doing something wrong.

Also at the very least go a +SPA nature. Bolt beak hits hard enough as is, your better off using a + SPA nature and hitting decently hard on the special side otherwise the mixed set is pretty useless.

Finally why the hell is it using a Lonely Nature instead of Naughty? All this serves to do is make ya take more damage from the tiers priority halting your wallbreaking even faster.
Hey there,
I understand what you're saying but I still stand by what I said.
I believe that Dracozolt should be able to outspeed base 100 speed pokemon as there are a couple Scarfers below that point like Tapu Lele, also I never said it was a counter to Volcarona, more of a revenge killer to it. Sorry for not specifying. And both Tyranitar and Excadrill are not reliable checks either. Also you dont need a +SpAtk nature since it doesnt do anything except ohko Tangrowth which you dont rlly need to do, since it barely ever stays in being afraid of Fire Blast. Also you do not want to take any kind of hit from anything with Dracozolt as even with a -Spdef nature instesd of a -Def you still get chipped by a lot since its Physical Defense is really bad either way, so doenst matter which defense is being lowered since it's not meant to take hits just dish them out and switch possibly. Sorry about this being not as organised or formatted.
Have fun :blobthumbsup: .

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hey there,
I understand what you're saying but I still stand by what I said.
I believe that Dracozolt should be able to outspeed base 100 speed pokemon as there are a couple Scarfers below that point like Tapu Lele, also I never said it was a counter to Volcarona, more of a revenge killer to it. Sorry for not specifying. And both Tyranitar and Excadrill are not reliable checks either. Also you dont need a +SpAtk nature since it doesnt do anything except ohko Tangrowth which you dont rlly need to do, since it barely ever stays in being afraid of Fire Blast. Also you do not want to take any kind of hit from anything with Dracozolt as even with a -Spdef nature instesd of a -Def you still get chipped by a lot since its Physical Defense is really bad either way, so doenst matter which defense is being lowered since it's not meant to take hits just dish them out and switch possibly. Sorry about this being not as organised or formatted.
Don't take this the wrong way but I think you're misunderstanding what Ocelzolt is about. Ocelzolt is not meant to sweep teams. In fact Ocelzolt is so slow that scarf Garchomp outspeeds it even in sand. The point of the Ocelzolt set is to be a wall breaker. Dracozolt can easily fall short of a sweep due to its lack of a boosting move. That's why its role is to be the main wall breaker on sand teams, supporting sand veil Garchomp or sand rush Excadrill. Yes it can end up sweeping but when you're slower than scarf Garchomp, you're not a good sweeper. And yes, scarf chomp is still a thing although it is incredibly rare. Remember, both Excadrill and Garchomp hate metal birds, which Ocelzolt can dispose of with no effort. Bottomline is, the Ocelzolt set is meant to pave the path for an Excadrill or Garchomp sweep, not sweep on its own. Sweeping is merely the icing on the cake but not the main dish

• Haha
Reactions: DKM

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
Don't take this the wrong way but I think you're misunderstanding what Ocelzolt is about. Ocelzolt is not meant to sweep teams. In fact Ocelzolt is so slow that scarf Garchomp outspeeds it even in sand. The point of the Ocelzolt set is to be a wall breaker. Dracozolt can easily fall short of a sweep due to its lack of a boosting move. That's why its role is to be the main wall breaker on sand teams, supporting sand veil Garchomp or sand rush Excadrill. Yes it can end up sweeping but when you're slower than scarf Garchomp, you're not a good sweeper. And yes, scarf chomp is still a thing although it is incredibly rare. Remember, both Excadrill and Garchomp hate metal birds, which Ocelzolt can dispose of with no effort. Bottomline is, the Ocelzolt set is meant to pave the path for an Excadrill or Garchomp sweep, not sweep on its own. Sweeping is merely the icing on the cake but not the main dish
Hey there
I do understand what it is about, although I think you're missing the point of Dracozolt. It is not something that paves the way for others it is more of a win con/hit and run pokemon like weavile. It is also a sand abuser which means it should be able to abuse its speed. If you want something that can dent very effectively you can try out Dracozolt with Hustle and Life Orb (not a great set but if that's what you're looking for) or a Choice Scarf. Also I mentioned in my rate about Toxic on Excadrill to cripple common switch ins to both Dracozolt and Excadrill like Hippowdon, LandorusT and Tangrowth, so "Ocelzolt" is not required in the team. And no Choice Scarf Garchomp is not a viable thing anymore, believe it or not.
Edit: sorry for the lack of formatting

guys, I dont really think this is the place for a 20 page argument on which version of dracozolt is better, we have OU metagame discussion for that. The owner of the teams has heard both sides, and in the worst case can try both out and see what fits him best. Everyone has their opinion but we are starting to go in circles a bit

Scarf chomp isn’t rlly a thing actually, there’s 2 chomp sets rn. Tankchomp and scale dance. I’ve never seen a scarf chomp lately so it’s hardly an argument, while dracozolt is a breaker, it’s main breaking potential comes in its signature move which only has its full potential when moving first, the special attack evs do basically nothing compared to the 120 136 set as the draco meteor has a very low chance to ohko after rocks.

guys, I dont really think this is the place for a 20 page argument on which version of dracozolt is better, we have OU metagame discussion for that. The owner of the teams has heard both sides, and in the worst case can try both out and see what fits him best. Everyone has their opinion but we are starting to go in circles a bit
I agree Tbh but I’ll state my opinion on this as the zolt set recommended doesn’t really do anything extra than the 136 which was needed to ohko psys defensive ferro

Also you do not want to take any kind of hit from anything with Dracozolt as even with a -Spdef nature instesd of a -Def you still get chipped by a lot since its Physical Defense is really bad either way, so doenst matter which defense is being lowered since it's not meant to take hits just dish them out.
While true that -Def vs -SPD could be the difference between taking a Grassy Glide, Mach Punch, Ice Shard or more that would otherwise completely halt your train.

Good afternoon and I have read all the messages and I have made my respective changes in the team and I also decide to test the changes suggested lately and here the changes

Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Slowbro (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Corviknight (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Body Press
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

and on the topic of discussion of the best variant of dracozolt as said by glava222 I do not think this is the place for discussion, thank you very much everyone for the recommendations and I await your response on the new changes of the team thank you very much again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)