Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
Gentle Nature (+SDef, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar's role is basically to set up Stealth Rock's and get Sand started. Anything besides that really is an added bonus. He snags some vital kills for this team, predominantly Psychic's such as Latios. Stone Edge prevents Volcarona from setting up since I prefer to leave Terrakion's Air Balloon in tact for as long as possible. Both are also STAB so its great. Believe it or not Tyranitar serves as my counter to Volt-Turning cores. With the abundance of them (including the one on my team) it was evidently a major threat along with weather. Tyranitar serves as a bait to standard Choice Band Scizor. 44 EVs in speed ensure I outpace 8 Spd Scizor (the highest I've found) and Fire Blast is an assured KO on 252 HP Scizor. Gentle Nature was really the only option I had left, since both spectrums of attack are needed as is speed and special defense to handle Latios and some Rotom-W. The rest of the EVs are clearly for special bulk.

Gliscor (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Gliscor may be a lesser mans Garchomp to some, but his role on this team is vital. A major fighting weakness constituted the addition of Gliscor to the team. Since the team was initially built around Volt-Turning I knew a defensive Gliscor was of little use, so a Sand Veil abuse version was added. A Flight Gem boosted Acrobatics easily dispatches of any fighting Pokemon, and his surprisingly fast speed makes him a relatively safe counter. Substitute was added to abuse his ability when given the chance to as well as allowing him to set up on the likes of Ferrothorn. Ground Flying gets pretty decent coverage, and considering they both have 100+ BP it makes for a deadly combination. Swords Dance obviously makes sweeping a bunch easier, and with Sand Veil activating every now and then its not hard to snatch a +2. 4 EVs in defense as opposed to HP is vital to ensure Gliscor gets 4 Substitutes considering it takes no prior damage. Gliscor also serves as a last resort against threats but shouldn't be heavily relied on.

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Scizor forms the first part of the vital Volt-Turning crew. An unexpected Swords Dance set can really surprise opponents, especially when I've been U-turning and Bullet Punching only. Very good late game and serves as a pivot against Dragons + grass Pokemon. In the end a specially defensive set was chosen due to the reliance of Scizor to take some hefty hits, and being skeptical to his longevity without recovery, I had to add it. Iron Plate is a great bluff of Choice Band and can really hurt opponents in clutch situations when I need that strong priority. 96 attack EVs ensure a 2HKO on offensive Dragonite and Haxorus after SR.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Once again I opted for longevity rather than out right power. With great offensive presence coming from Terrakion and Gliscor, Rotom-W and Scizor function more to find opportunities to get a quick SD/RP. Volt Switch is a staple on Rotom-W nowadays and that is no different on this set. Hydro Pump hits a lot of things hard, especially under rain. Will-O-Wisp cripples the likes of Scizor and other slower physical attackers. Pain Split works great when Something like Scarf Rotom-W Volt Switch's out to regain most of the HP lost. Not exactly sure what the speed EVs are outrunning so if anyone can enlighten me on that it would be great. Max special attack is really important on Rotom-W to keep pressure on opponents whilst the rest in HP help it taking some hefty hits.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Terrakion's presence is enough for opponents to play cautiously with counters, meaning my Volt-Turning core will have a field day. I decided that a double dancing set could really do some damage. Two stat boosting moves can really help in situations (stall teams can get cleaned with a Swords Dance whilst HO falls to a Rock Polish late game). Close Combat and Stone Edge are no brainers. I chose Adamant Nature simply because nothing will be reaching speeds close to a +2 Terrakion anyway. I prefer Air Balloon rather than something like Rock Gem because it turns a number of counters into set up bait (e.g. Landorus). Terrakion really enjoys a special defense boost in Sand, which is why I decided to add 4 SDef EVs (if I get gutsy I might stay in on a weak Scald or two if its close lategame).

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rapid Spin

With Volt-Turning and Gliscor so heavily dependent on their being no hazards I needed an offensive spinner. In the days of Excadrill this slot would have been a no brainer with Sand already provided. However times are not the same and Starmie takes the post as offensive spinner for this team. I tried to keep Starmie offensive enough to hurt opponents, but defensive enough to get hazards off. I found an offensive spread with Leftovers has fit the bill pretty nicely so far. Hydro Pump was chosen for the sheer power it achieves (trying to stay with the offensive theme). Ice Beam is a great way to remove pesky Dragons. Hidden Power Grass I am a bit undecided on, seeing as the days of Gastrodon have long gone with Thundurus' ban. I may consider running Thunderbolt or even Thunder for the good rain match-up.

Try running Thunderbolt on either Rotom-W or Starmie. Right now, Sub + DD Gyarados sets up on Scizor and sweeps you clean - you're reliant on forcing it to Sub with Rotom's Volt Switch and putting it in range for Scizor to pick off, but that doesn't always work, especially because you'll need to get Gyara down to 30% or so before you even have a chance to revenge kill (factoring in sandstorm damage, which could very well be a non-issue because this type of Gyarados is common on Drizzle teams). Using T-bolt and a bit more bulk on either of these mons will fix the issue, although if you make this change, I'd run HP Grass on the other mon; Gastrodon isn't as common as it once was, but it's not rare by any means, and having a lure for it will really help out your Volt-Turning antics.

Also, you're running a Timid nature on Gliscor, which is +Speed, -Attack...Jolly is the nature you should be running, since it's the same as Timid but it cuts the useless special attack stat. Speaking of Jolly, try it out on Terrakion as well; speed tying against Virizion, Infernape or other Terrakion is potentially huge.

I would recommend adding little pictures to the top of your RMT. It helps us team raters determine threats much quicker.

The first issue of notice is the fact that you have 4 grass weaknesses and 1 grass resist, but is 4x weak to fire, the most commonly paired typing to grass attacks. This means that Venusaur would be more than capable of tearing this team to shreds, if Tyranitar is taken out. Sun teams in general are sure to hurt too. There's no real easy solution, but one would be to get a Heatran in the team somewhere, but I'm not sure where to put it without leaving another hole in the team. Sorry, bud.

I tried not to mention the things listed above already, which is why this rate is of such short length.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
To be honest, I think you need a reliable Scarfer to take down threats such as Volcarona primarily. I suggest a Choice Scarf Landorus to replace Gliscor. Same typing, trollish base 101 Speed guarantees outspeeding +1 base 100s or lower. I think it could help, also adding another user of U-turn to your core. I also agree with KorKon on the Heatran, though Mixed Venusaurs with Earthquake still tear the team to shreds. The best option is a Bulky DD Dragonite, unfortunately, and it will shut down completely any Venusaur. I suggest a set I use myself:

Dragonite @Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 164 HP / 132 Atk / 216 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Extremespeed/Earthquake/Roost

This set has decent bulk, Speed EVs allow outspeeding of base 120s at +1. 132 Atk EVs mean you will hit 700 Atk at +2, a good benchmark, and the rest in HP for max bulk. The last slot is what you need for the team. Since you have a spinner, I wouldn't recommend Roost. Extremespeed for obvious priority, but Earthquake takes Heatran. I'd recommend Extremespeed because your other pokes will have. Hope I helped xD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)