Sandlockers

Hello and welcome and welcome to my secound RMT. It´s 8:30 am here and Iobivously have nothing better to do than posting another team I created yesterday.

Actually I planned to build some sort of bulky offense around Landorus-T.
After some games I kept on changing or rather subtilizing it.
Well, it ended up like this.

At first glance:

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SDef / 24 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

The all famous sheet birdy. He provides me obivously with some Spikes and is on this job very reliable because he forces many Pokémon to switch due his great type and amazing bulk.
I play Brave Bird over Taunt, because I already have a Rapid Spinner and other Pokémon to deal with Walls like á la Blissey.
And Brave Bird is necressary to hit Virizion pretty hard, which could turn out into a serious threat to my team, if set up.

The Sdef EV-Split let´s me wall Tornadus pretty good (unless it runs Heat Wave). Skarmory has a pretty good base Def and with Landorus-T on my Team I really dont feel like putting more defensive EV´s on him.

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Landorus-T is imo the most underused therian form of the trio. But I like him. His 145 Basic Attack are are amazing.
His main purpose is to roll out the Stealth Rocks. He is pretty easy to set him up, because he makes many physical sweepers (aka Terakion) running away. He can take on a boosted Dragon (+1) as well while he is rampaging like an. just to finish him off with Stone Edge. U-turn is for momentum. Because of the huge base attack it hits almost everything that doesn't resist it pretty hard too.

The EV-Split allows me to tank many physical attacks without lacking any strengh to hit hard back too. That´s what I really like about Tornadus-T.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

This guy gives me the weather support my team needs. I play the Scarftar Set to punish any Starmie/Gengar, that dares even thinking about sweeping my team. This set has gotten very popular since the DP era and I don't think futher more explanation is required here.
Specially with Wobbuffet I can finnish off many walls like Blis(Chan)sey after I crippled down their def stats (thanks to Tickle) into nothing and Pursuit them like a boss. Lati(os)as get punished after some scouting as well.

Against Hailteams I´ll put him in charge bluffing he sends the Stealth Rocks out for catching Abomasnow on surprise with Stone Edge.

Wobbuffet (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 200 Def / 56 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle
- Counter

Ladies and gentlemen, let me intodruce one of the most annyoing if not, the most b**** of the OU Tier. Shadow Tag let´s me trap every Pokémon (besides the ones with Voltturn/Shed Shell/Baton Pass obivosly).
This guy let´s me win weather wars against Ninetails and Poltoed pretty easy.
Due Wobby´s amazing trait I can lock both of them in order to Tickle their defences down to the point I can Ohko them with Tyranitar´s Pursuit.

Ninetails tends to boost with Nasty Plot. After that they get encored. Usually two Tickles are enough for a K.O with TTar´s Pursuit. If the encore stops earlier and Wobby gets koed I actually don't give a damn about it since he made sure, the Sandstorm will keep his presence for the rest of the matchbeing (unless another Pokémon runs Sunny Day which is actually quite rare anyways).

Against Politoeds I even tickle down to at least -4. Usually I start Tickle him straight away, because they usually try to scout my movesets with Protect. After that I Encore him. Even though I can Tickle him just almost every second turn I dont wanna to risk to get a toxiced. Offensive sets get Mirror Coated for an OHKO.

Some calcs:

Pursuit on Ninetails with max HP EVs at -2 Def: 96.9% - 114.3%
Pursuit on Politoed with max HP & Def EVs at -4 Def: 99.2% - 116.7%

That works on Tentacruel, Blis(Chansey)sey, Reunclus and even almost Skarmory pretty good too.

His final job is getting rid off Specs user.

Latios @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire

My special attacker. I really like this set, because I can bluff a Scarfset, because Latios speeds many foes out with his nature speed. The dragon type allows me to set him up when he tanks water/grass type attacks decent. His primary role is to take foes like Gliscor, Virizion and Keldeo out, who could give me a hard time.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Although I was in the first place sceptical about adding him he really has proven to deserve his slot in my team. This powerhouse has potential of sweeping whole teams, when his counters have been taken out. Since he speeds almost everything out, I can revengekill those dragons on a rampage at least at +1 speed boost (except Dragonite at 100%). I play Rock Slide for making sure taking my nemesis Volcarona out.

Weaknesses:
- no status absorb
- very much prediction required
- no spinblocker

I'm grateful for every rate.
Thanks for reading!

Edit: At this place a special thank-you at CedOmega and LucaroarkZ convincing me to change the major changes on my team. The team has gotten pretty solid now and I'm really satisfied with it.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
One thing I would suggest for your Landorus-T is to make it 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def. It actually takes defense hits better, and takes special hits a lot better. You get the extra + 1 point in attack from running an Adamant nature as well.

Hey VictimSanctuary, very nice team. My suggestion for you is in agreement w/ Chimpakt's. The set is very efficient, although you should consider SmackDown>StoneEdge to allow Landorus-T to hit Levitate ability anf Flying type Pokemon w/ a powerful STAB EQ. So far, it's all I can see that might help.

Good Luck and I hope I helped! :)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
In my honest opinion, Timid Wobbuffet is one of the dumbest things ever. 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SpD with a Bold nature balances out its defenses much better, which on something like Wobbuffet I believe is an absolute necessity, especially considering Timid Wobbuffet doesn't really outspeed anything relevant.

How do you deal with Rain teams with Keldeo? Really, CM Keldeo 6-0es you with ease. The only thing that can really take it on is Tentacruel, who isn't really doing much back while Keldeo can set up on it for days. Additionally, I'm seeing a severe weakness to Genesect; It hits 5 out of 6 of your Pokemon super effectively, while Gastrodon is not going to enjoy taking +1 U-turns. Volcarona will also be huge trouble as you can only really reliably handle it with Tentacruel, and with no reliable recovery, Tenta is going down. I'd just throw in a Scarf Terrakion over Tentacruel; It's pretty much the best way to revenge Volcarona, while it also outspeeds Scarf Genesect and can take hits from it thanks to the SpD boost from Sandstorm. As for Keldeo, I recommend running Latios over Gastrodon, as Gastrodon isn't really a good Pokemon anyway (it can't even counter rain that well since loads of rain teams run Ferrothorn and HP Grass on Politoed). It outspeeds Keldeo and eats it for breakfast with Psyshock, forcing it out and allowing you to wear it down with hazards. I was going to suggest Latias if you wanted to keep a more defensive theme to this team, but I figured out that Latias makes you more of a Scizor magnet than you would be if you used the Latios set I'm recommending, so I decided against it. If you want to use Latias though, I'll figure out a set that works on this team.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck!

Sets:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide / Earthquake

(fourth move is most likely going to be filler so it probably won't matter much, but because of the Volcarona problem Rock Slide is probably preferable)

Latios @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf / Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire

Draco Meteor for power, Dragon Pulse for a STAB that doesn't really force you to switch. Psyshock is obviously non-negotiable. Surf is generally preferred over Grass Knot so Latios isn't Heatran bait, although Grass Knot hits Tyranitar harder, a common switch-in to Latios. Hidden Power Fire hits Genesect if you can predict it switching in, and also fucks up Scizor who think you are a Choiced variant.

Skarmory usually takes on Keldeo with Brave Bird. If not, Gastrodon toxics Keldeo.

My thoughts about putting speed EVs on Wobby were to for speeding Blissey, Chansey, Porygon2 and at least a defensive Politoed out.

At this point, I have to admit, that Genesect is giving me really a hard time. Specially the non choice sets are able to sweep my team down.

Yeah, I already made up my mind about adding somewhat more speedy in my team. I'm not quite sure about Terrakium. TTar and Terrakion run very similar movesets and I'm really not a fan of putting two Pokémon with the same offensive coverage on one line. Maybe Heatran could take over the task on countering Volcarona and Genesect. What do you think?

On the other hand, your suggested Latios really makes sense to me. For sure I will test this.

Thanks for your rate.

Hey, nice team. I don't have that much time for a rate, but the most obvious change I can see is to run SpDef Amoonguss > Tentacruel. This gives you a more solid counter to Keldeo and Breloom (which can otherwise rampage through your team if it hits Skarmory with Spore), while still absorbing Toxic Spikes.

I also don't like how you're really not utilising Sandstorm efficiently. Given that you have Wobbuffet to reliably trap other weather inducers, you could definitely look into doing something like SD Sandslash > Landorus-T (since Skarmory, Amoonguss, Wobbuffet and Sand together easily cover its defensive responsibilities), giving you a nice sweeper against offense and a Spinner so opposing stall doesn't crush you (which it currently does if they carry Jellicent; physically defensive versions don't care that much about ScarfTar). After that change you could also try some different things in place of Gastrodon etc.

Hope that helps, cool team again and good to see Wobb getting some love.

EDIT: You say you're having problems with Genesect; another change you can try would be running physically defensive Gastrodon. It still walls Water and Electric types thanks to its typing, and special Dragons are already covered pretty well. This way though you can take Gene's U-turn without much hassle, walling the rest of its moveset, and also beat Keldeo with more ease because Sacred Sword is its only way of hitting you.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Keldeo does this with LO Hydro Pump: 281-331 (84.13 - 99.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Not really seeing Skarmory doing much against Keldeo, especially since you need to set up quite a bit of hazards to get the KO with Brave Bird. Gastrodon is hit super hard by boosted Secret Sword.

Heatran could work for Genesect, but unfortunately, not for Volcarona as I can guarantee that you will run into multiple Volcaronas running HP Ground, and ones being used on sun teams with Dugtrio. However, I mainly suggested Scarf Terrakion because you should pretty much never use ScarfTar as your only Choice Scarf user. Using just ScarfTar means you're weaker to Dragon Dancers such as Dragonite, Salamence, and Gyarados (especially Salamence since it can nuke Skarmory with Fire Blast), as all three of them outspeed after a boost and OHKO with the appropriate move. Personally, I exclusively run Choice Band Tyranitar, but I think you might still need ScarfTar to handle Gengar, especially SubSplit Gengar, which is why I didn''t suggest changing your Tyranitar's set.

EDIT: Also, running a Wobbuffet with more Special bulk helps against Politoed and Ninetales, since they both hit from the Special side.

I second LucaroarkZ's suggestion of using Heatran, although, running ShedShell may resolve its inability to escape Dugtrio. Coupled w/ Landorus-T, Heartran can switch out freely to Landorus-T(thanks to ShedShell) as a safe haven from an obvious EQ KO, and possibly scout w/ U-turn(If predicting a counter switch-in). Scarfed Terrakion, too, would give your team a nice little nitch for opposing T-tar and Ninetales, as it benefits either both perma-weather overcasts. With Terrakion, Volcarona would fear being hit by StoneEdge and avoid coming out; and while it seems benefitial, it can only use one move upon switching out, freely allowing Volcarona to set up a +1 QD should it be locked into CloseCombat. I'd very much suggest a Double Dance/subDancing Terrakion. While somewhat underrated, Double Dance/SubDancing Terrakion can potenially 6-0 every threat previously mentioned. After a +2 from RockPolish, Terrakion reaches a devistating 692 speed, outpacing and KO'ing every threat possible, including most Scarfed threats. With great prediction, you can set up a free RP and sweep with the same power as any Scarfed Terrakion.

At any rate, I hope this helps. Again, good luck with your team. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)