SV OU SANDY SHOCKS OFFENSE PEAKED 2K RT Ft. Azumarill & Moltres-Galar

spidget

formerly Lifeismyth
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1686012965612.png

First and foremost proof of peak. This was achieved together on our shared alt SANDY SHOCKS with my friend Smooge laddering from 1900-2k with the final version of the team. We wanted to share our silly team with the masses since there aren't many RMTs post mag ban. I won't make you scroll to the bottom, take the team and go if you don't want to read, screens are braindead anyway. https://pokepast.es/627c1ab5eb6a57bb
1686013357881.png

THIRD EYE (Sandy Shocks) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Tera Blast
- Stealth Rock

Our first mon is Sandy Shocks. We play him because we have the name, and he's a handsome guy. But he's more than that. He's a winner. Nothing swaps into his STABS except Lando, and everyone forgot about that guy. Add in terablast ice and nothing resists him. Many games are lost by clicking funny tera ice and killing a lando or chomp turn 1 or 2 and then not having tera later, but the option is nice to have. In his last moveslot is hazards, rocks if you want to punish non boots chien pao harder, spikes if you want to hit guys that resist rocks such as urshifu/tusk harder. We generally run rocks due to an unfounded fear of some fake focus sash bird.
48 HP EVs are invested to get the speed boost from booster energy. Booster energy is run here to outspeed everything that people lead, like cheap dishonest screens dragapult or scarf lando/shifu etc.
We tend to lead this guy every time and throw him away after getting hazards down and spamming unresisted attacks. People tend to expect screens pult lead and lead wrong, and nothing can really out-lead this. He takes a ceaseless edge from sash-lead adamant samurott-hisui and does not die to the followup aqua jet. Jolly banded chien-pao ice shard can't kill, adamant has an 18.8% chance. He's simply too powerful. We've had a guy lead banded urshifu, tera water and aqua jet, and it never kills us.
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Water Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Aqua Jet vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Sandy Shocks: 272-320 (84.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1686014860207.png

OG POPULATION BOMB (Dragapult) @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Dragapult, the OG population bomber. But we are not slinging our children at our opps, nor are we dropping dracos. We are abusing cheap screens with this cursed set that Lily brought into the meta. Put up your screens and then kill yourself, respectfully. Unlike a mon like Grimm that's invalidated by dark types, dragapult isn't prankster but he's still outspeeding basically everyone. He has access to thunder wave (or wisp if you prefer that), as well as curse so you can die on your own terms. Pretty self-explanatory. We've only ever tera'd this one time, but it's steel to resist fairy/ice to get up a last emergency screen if need be.

1686015305761.png

STANCED UP (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Punching Glove
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze
- Surging Strikes
- Drain Punch

Urshifu is back since home's drop, and he has some devious new moves as well as an item made for him. Urshifu was not meant to get faster with trailblaze, Nintendo has gone too far. Despite this, we do it anyway with our faux double-dance. Tired of clicking surging strikes into rocky helm corv? Well we can circumvent that skill issue with the handy dandy new item punching glove. Not only does it negate on-touch punishments like flame body, it also boosts surging strikes and drain punch. (Be warned that urshifu apparently takes off his glove to trailblaze.) Not only is urshifu a great screens abuser, but thanks to guaranteed crits on surging strikes he's also good to have for dishonest zamazentas clicking iron defense and winning, or opposing dishonest screens. Tera steel is our chosen type here because the team has no fairy resists.
1686015932636.png

FEET PIC SELLER (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Encore

This guy needs no introduction. Jolly in order to outspeed pult +1. fire punch/encore to have extra defense against zamazentas and iron defense corv. Dragon claw over E-speed or something so we aren't walled by the outbreak of pults on the ladder. Tera fire for another fake fairy resist, as well as wisp immunity. People on the ladder have come to expect encore dnite if you bring it in like you're gonna encore, but it's a funny set and we hate dogs so we use it anyway. Can probably change it to tera normal adamant espeed if the dogs are gone in a week.

1686016384103.png

WIZARD MONEY GANG (Moltres-Galar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Tera Blast

His full government name is SHADOW WIZARD MONEY GANG, but it wouldn't fit. a threat from gen 8 back again, doubledance behind screens just like most of the other pokemon, whoa! With magearna no longer walling us, moltres looked like a fun unexplored option we hadn't seen on the ladder yet.
We don't run hurricane because missing sucks. Fiery wrath and tera fairy terablast provide the coverage required. Apparently fire has the best coverage combined with dark, but then you're walled by shifu, and fairy coverage is broken anyway. The EVs could probably be optimized, but we went oonga boonga 252/252 cause we wanted to kill everything without using our brains (hence the screens HO). He goes pretty well into the meta as many are opting for slowking-galar as their spdef wall.

1686016902203.png

WAVE RIDER (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Spinner

The glue. I'm a big azumarill shill, I love any excuse to play this mon. Right now the excuse is broken chien-pao running loose, but it also ties up some loose ends on this team such as our rain matchup. With this reasoning, we're max hp. If you have reflect up you can just sack something to floatzel, bring this guy in, drum on your belly and kill everything.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Floatzel Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill in Rain through Reflect: 167-197 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO azu is so thicc the wave crash doesn't even make you eat your berry.
It also provides our only priority on the team, which is a pretty nifty thing to have. Ice spinner is here because amoonguss/clodsire wall our dual STABs. Tera water to make sure everything dies.
#GiveAzuBackKnock

That concludes our silly six, I hope you guys have fun with the team like we did. This was my first RMT so I apologize if the readability is subpar. Have a good day gamers

Attachments

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As RMT mod I would like to certify this RMT as an OFFICIAL HOOD CLASSIC, congrats Lifeismyth

(andviet stamp of approval here)

I was going to say I know the meta is still young and continuously changing but have you considered Taunt on Urshifu-Rapid-Strike instead of Trailblaze? I feel like it would help with Unaware mons a lot. Outside of that very cool team and thanks for posting.

spidget

formerly Lifeismyth
is a Top Tiering Contributor
As RMT mod I would like to certify this RMT as an OFFICIAL HOOD CLASSIC, congrats Lifeismyth

(andviet stamp of approval here)

I was going to say I know the meta is still young and continuously changing but have you considered Taunt on Urshifu-Rapid-Strike instead of Trailblaze? I feel like it would help with Unaware mons a lot. Outside of that very cool team and thanks for posting.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Counterplay is certainly limited vs unaware with these 6. In an earlier version of this team, Smooge had sash weak armor destiny bond ceruledge allowing him to get a surprise KO on an unaware guy if need be, paving the way for the rest of the team. You can run taunt on shifu if you want, the option makes sense, we left it as trailblaze because it was fun.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
another lifeismyth goob classic

moltres in this meta beats every unaware/forces tera, shits busted asf

Good shit dude, hope you climb more w this team

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
I'm afraid Iron Valient still has some sweeping potential against this GOOD team, especially the Swords Dance, Encore set with Close Combat and Spirit Break. How would you feel about replacing Urshifu-Rapid-Strike with Swords Dance/Choice Band Scizor. You will have a strong priority attack in addition to being able to revenge kill Iron Valient more consistently.

I think this is a good scizor spread, it outspeeds Max speed Kingambit with the remaining EV's put into HP. It can also outspeed base speed Heatran and you can terrastalize to outplay a faster more offensive Heatran set, and to deture Willowisp from burning this prized offensive attacker.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Last edited:
I'm afraid Iron Valient still has some sweeping potential against this GOOD team, especially the Swords Dance, Encore set with Close Combat and Spirit Break. How would you feel about replacing Urshifu-Rapid-Strike with Swords Dance/Choice Band Scizor. You will still have a strong priority attack in addition to being able to revenge kill Iron Valient more consistently.

I think this is a good scizor spread, it outspeeds Max speed Kingambit with the remaining EV's put into HP. It can also outspeed base speed Heatran and you can terrastalize to outplay a faster more offensive Heatran set, and to deture Willowisp from burning this prized offensive attacker.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
urshifu has won me a ton of games so i dont think id be willing to replace it for anything ngl

View attachment 523484
First and foremost proof of peak. This was achieved together on our shared alt SANDY SHOCKS with my friend Smooge laddering from 1900-2k with the final version of the team. We wanted to share our silly team with the masses since there aren't many RMTs post mag ban. I won't make you scroll to the bottom, take the team and go if you don't want to read, screens are braindead anyway. https://pokepast.es/627c1ab5eb6a57bb
View attachment 523487
THIRD EYE (Sandy Shocks) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Tera Blast
- Stealth Rock

Our first mon is Sandy Shocks. We play him because we have the name, and he's a handsome guy. But he's more than that. He's a winner. Nothing swaps into his STABS except Lando, and everyone forgot about that guy. Add in terablast ice and nothing resists him. Many games are lost by clicking funny tera ice and killing a lando or chomp turn 1 or 2 and then not having tera later, but the option is nice to have. In his last moveslot is hazards, rocks if you want to punish non boots chien pao harder, spikes if you want to hit guys that resist rocks such as urshifu/tusk harder. We generally run rocks due to an unfounded fear of some fake focus sash bird.
48 HP EVs are invested to get the speed boost from booster energy. Booster energy is run here to outspeed everything that people lead, like cheap dishonest screens dragapult or scarf lando/shifu etc.
We tend to lead this guy every time and throw him away after getting hazards down and spamming unresisted attacks. People tend to expect screens pult lead and lead wrong, and nothing can really out-lead this. He takes a ceaseless edge from sash-lead adamant samurott-hisui and does not die to the followup aqua jet. Jolly banded chien-pao ice shard can't kill, adamant has an 18.8% chance. He's simply too powerful. We've had a guy lead banded urshifu, tera water and aqua jet, and it never kills us.
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Water Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Aqua Jet vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Sandy Shocks: 272-320 (84.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

View attachment 523494

OG POPULATION BOMB (Dragapult) @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Dragapult, the OG population bomber. But we are not slinging our children at our opps, nor are we dropping dracos. We are abusing cheap screens with this cursed set that Lily brought into the meta. Put up your screens and then kill yourself, respectfully. Unlike a mon like Grimm that's invalidated by dark types, dragapult isn't prankster but he's still outspeeding basically everyone. He has access to thunder wave (or wisp if you prefer that), as well as curse so you can die on your own terms. Pretty self-explanatory. We've only ever tera'd this one time, but it's steel to resist fairy/ice to get up a last emergency screen if need be.

View attachment 523497
STANCED UP (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Punching Glove
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze
- Surging Strikes
- Drain Punch

Urshifu is back since home's drop, and he has some devious new moves as well as an item made for him. Urshifu was not meant to get faster with trailblaze, Nintendo has gone too far. Despite this, we do it anyway with our faux double-dance. Tired of clicking surging strikes into rocky helm corv? Well we can circumvent that skill issue with the handy dandy new item punching glove. Not only does it negate on-touch punishments like flame body, it also boosts surging strikes and drain punch. (Be warned that urshifu apparently takes off his glove to trailblaze.) Not only is urshifu a great screens abuser, but thanks to guaranteed crits on surging strikes he's also good to have for dishonest zamazentas clicking iron defense and winning, or opposing dishonest screens. Tera steel is our chosen type here because the team has no fairy resists.
View attachment 523500
FEET PIC SELLER (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Encore

This guy needs no introduction. Jolly in order to outspeed pult +1. fire punch/encore to have extra defense against zamazentas and iron defense corv. Dragon claw over E-speed or something so we aren't walled by the outbreak of pults on the ladder. Tera fire for another fake fairy resist, as well as wisp immunity. People on the ladder have come to expect encore dnite if you bring it in like you're gonna encore, but it's a funny set and we hate dogs so we use it anyway. Can probably change it to tera normal adamant espeed if the dogs are gone in a week.

View attachment 523501

WIZARD MONEY GANG (Moltres-Galar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Tera Blast

His full government name is SHADOW WIZARD MONEY GANG, but it wouldn't fit. a threat from gen 8 back again, doubledance behind screens just like most of the other pokemon, whoa! With magearna no longer walling us, moltres looked like a fun unexplored option we hadn't seen on the ladder yet.
We don't run hurricane because missing sucks. Fiery wrath and tera fairy terablast provide the coverage required. Apparently fire has the best coverage combined with dark, but then you're walled by shifu, and fairy coverage is broken anyway. The EVs could probably be optimized, but we went oonga boonga 252/252 cause we wanted to kill everything without using our brains (hence the screens HO). He goes pretty well into the meta as many are opting for slowking-galar as their spdef wall.

View attachment 523510
WAVE RIDER (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Spinner

The glue. I'm a big azumarill shill, I love any excuse to play this mon. Right now the excuse is broken chien-pao running loose, but it also ties up some loose ends on this team such as our rain matchup. With this reasoning, we're max hp. If you have reflect up you can just sack something to floatzel, bring this guy in, drum on your belly and kill everything.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Floatzel Wave Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill in Rain through Reflect: 167-197 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO azu is so thicc the wave crash doesn't even make you eat your berry.
It also provides our only priority on the team, which is a pretty nifty thing to have. Ice spinner is here because amoonguss/clodsire wall our dual STABs. Tera water to make sure everything dies.
#GiveAzuBackKnock

That concludes our silly six, I hope you guys have fun with the team like we did. This was my first RMT so I apologize if the readability is subpar. Have a good day gamers
SANDY SHOCKS

Thank you for linking this team, since Urshifu has been banned, Jhonx has been using Sneasler, would you consider to making that change as well?

Ngl i just threw iron defense zamazenta on and it works just fine. I had Sneasler on a previous version of this team and it wasnt working too well but it might now that all the brokens are gone.

as a uu player i approve of shocks seeing use here

edit: i also got reqs with this team, consider it Bice Approved

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)