SV OU Savouras Powerful Team with Hisuian-Arcanine RANK #4 (#1997)

RMTarcanine.png

1. Importable of the team
2. Introduction
3. Teambuilding Process
4. Each mon important synergies
5. Threats to the team
6. Recorded live of the climb
7. Friends who help

1. https://pokepast.es/a763dfa7f19bf11e

1997-2.png

2. Introduction

With the most recent bans, out of all the pokemons that i was expecting to get alot better Arcanine was one my favourite hard hitting threats that i ended up building and experimenting with as i felt it got alot better in the current metagame. I havent posted an RMT in awhile and although i have been enjoying alot of the teams i built recently this one felt unique and powerful enough that i thought would be fun and interesting to post and talk about.
I am Savouras, im a new generations OU player & builder, active in many realms of Competitive Pokemon including Ladder, Tournaments, Money matches and Draft leagues so this is my Powerful :arcanine-hisui: team, i hope you like it.

3. Teambuilding Process

Hisuian Arcanine with Choice Band is a pokemon that naturally fits better bulky offensive teams that allow and give it enough turns to come in versus various threats, click buttons and get kills done. With other sets i guess it could fit in different structures like Hyper offensive or more balance approaches but here with CB i felt some defensive core aswell as a strong offensive core that compliments and support :arcanine-hisui: is what i had to build to make this work. The Offensive core in this team includes :Greninja: , :Iron Hands:, Future Sight support from :Slowking: and of course :arcanine-hisui:. The defense although its not extremely sturdy as it would be in more defensive teams with even more recovery and longevity, here instead we have some defensive tools like Regenerator :slowking:, Assault Vest :iron hands:, defensive :landorus-therian: and :corviknight: that gives us good variaty of typings and options but support nicely our offensive core too with the valuable momentum gaining moves that they have aka uturns, chilly reception, fake out and defensively still help us defend versus the majority of threats and strategies with the help of priority and few series of switches and maneuvers.

4. Each mon important synergies

Arcanine-Hisui @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Rock Blast

Physical breaker of the team, it forces alot of progress vs common flying types defensive cores now use so like Zapdos, Moltres, Landorus-T and Dragonite. Its a nuke button machine that provides nice defensive utilities too. It is also bulky enough to come in on a couple of weaker or resisted hits so Moonblasts from :Clefable, Defensive :Gholdengo: hits, :Zapdos:, :Moltres: atks aswell as :Hatterene: and :Iron Moth:.
U do want a jolly nature with investment in your speed that way it outspeeds max speed Glimmora, Gholdengo, Great Tusk, most landos, Rillaboom, 301 Zapdos and fast Heatrans. Finally we have Tera fire which although its main goal is to boost your Flare Blitz dmg vs grounds like Ting Lu and Tusk it still allows u to survive a couple of hits now that u not 4x times weak so EQ from Ting Lu, Clodsire, u resist Grassy Glide and Woodhammer aswell as Make it Rain from Gholdengo. Also Rock Blast is used as last move to have a 1 turn kill on Ribombee lead and have more Rock coverage PP incase you face a defensive team that protects and costs you PP from your valuable head smashes.

Greninja-Bond (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken

Specs :greninja: is the next member of the team and of the offensive core. Based on typings and speed it supports our Arcanine vs alot of threats like bulky grounds, rock resists and flare blitz resists aka fire water ground types. It adds to the speedtier of the team allowing you to have a tool revenge killing :enamorus:, :cinderace: and weakend ogerpons. It appreciates the targets Arcanine hits and they compliment each other beautifully so pokemons like Fairies that would resist Dark Pulse, heavy spdef pokemons like :toxapex: and :slowking-galar: Arcanine is having party time against and together they also form a really nice and often useful strong priority core improving the revenge killing vs offensive and fast threats so for example vs common webs, weather or other forms of HO. :greninja: can become a super sweeper after getting an important kill owing to its battle bond ability, then it outspeeds most of the tier including threats like Booster energy :iron moth:, :iron valiant: and Scarf :enamorus: and only excluding things like :hawlucha: and priority. Tera Water is to boost damage rolls and punish harder with Future Sight support its other would be checks including dark types attempting to pivot in Future Sight plus the hit so they get punished badly.

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

To complete the main offensive core :iron hands: is the next member of the team. Its natural typing, stats and coverage allows it to trade and hit hard the majority of the tier. It can 1v1 most of the pokemons in OU with a few exceptions like :great tusk: and strong fairies (without the use of tera possibilities alteast) however hitting those for a decent amount allows and synergises great with your other members of the offensive core putting em in range of their next hits so for example hitting that clef with a wild charge or hitting that great tusk with an ice punch on the switch then they can be in range of your atks after from :greninja: or :arcanine-hisui:. Assault Vest allows u to live and weaken key threats like i mentioned above including strong special attackers so :dragapult: :gholdengo: :zapdos: and :manaphy: to name a few. With the tera fairy u have a nice immunity to dracos and strong dragon darts but u also remain neutral to many other hits u intend to use :iron hands: against so :manaphy:, :zapdos: and Fairies. Finally we have fake out as last move, the other options didnt really hit anything that we werent already prepared and needed coverage for so instead we use fake out to further improve even by alittle bit the priority, revenge killing game.

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf

I will stand for a tiny bit more on the offensive core and why this team is so powerful. Future Sight support into all the previous threatening hitters above skyrockets the dmg output they can do. With Future Sight there are aton of good synegies like FS + :arcanine-hisui: hit vs :great tusk: and :landorus-therian:, FS + :greninja: vs Waters and bulky spdef mons aka :manaphy:, :toxapex: and :slowking-galar: or even :iron hands: himself now getting important kills with FS support even vs fairies or electric and fighting resists. Outside of the very important future support it provides incredible momentum gaining into the hard hitters, it absorbs plenty of special attacks, clears the tspikes on the field and overall fits perfectly into this team. Spdef investment so we naturally sponge special hits with Sassy 0 IVs on Speed so we get slower Chilly Receptions vs opposing :slowking:. Surf is a good neutral hit vs grounds and offensive fire types that often come in on this pokemon aswell as the common :glimmora: lead while tera dark improves the Shadow Ball resistances aswell as stops common Stored Power setup users from doing their thing.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Defensive :corviknight: next adds even more momentum with uturn. It is using Body press + Helmet that allows it to weaken and often deal with :kingambit: on its own. It is our physically defensive pokemon on the team letting us survive many strong hits and pivot effectively vs things like Rillaboom, Zamazenta, Landorus and :great tusk: while it punishes them little by little with its v valuable Rocky Helmet item. Pressure can be very important vs many hits and scenarios like for example vs Close Combat :great tusk: and removing hazards from the field is v important when using few Heavy Duty Boots like we do in this team for the reward of alot more dmg with your choice bands and specs. Tera Dragon still resists Grass while also resisting Fire type atks and baits Ice Beams from threats like :manaphy: or Ice Spinner :dragonite: and :great tusk: that allows :greninja: and often Arcanine to come in much more easily.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Last member of the team we have physdef :Landorus-Therian:, the glue of the team allowing us to block volt switch attempts as a sturdy ground type. It provides Rocks and key defensive utilities with its v valuable intimidate ability. the EVs are invested in the defense with a little bit of speed to outrun min speed tusks, slow rillabooms, defensive gholdengos and moltres. The Special attack allows Landorus to act as a reliable check to :zamazenta: most common set, Substitute Iron Defense which would otherwise setup on EQ Landorus. Here we mostly break the sub even from max hp :zamazenta: and owing to our flying type and leftovers we able to 1v1 it easily. Grass knot is a lure for :great tusk: supporting :arcanine-hisui: by abit and also targets decently well some bulky waters, grounds, garganacl and dondozo.
Tera Water so we not longer weak to Ice and Water type attacks, good soft check to fire types too like :iron moth: and :heatran: but also make it rain from :gholdengo: allowing us to often earth power it.

5. Threats to the Team

a. :gholdengo: Gholdengo can be annoying to maneuver against and although offensively our core nukes it defensively we struggling abit. Assault Vest Hands, Slowking Lando and Gren all can eat a hit or two but in the long series of things not having a reliable ghost resist is never easy and having to eat a hit with Greninja or investing into tera dark slowking so u can bring the offensive cores in that nuke it isnt ideal. Its far from being too weak to it but definitely can be annoying especially with the plenty of sets it can use while also preventing defog attempts from corvi. Playing well tho can take advantage of it and give u many turns to do big hits.

b. :dragapult: Dragapult is another strong ghost type threat that not only we struggle to outspeed but hardly resist any of its stabs either draco, ddarts or shadow ball. We can pivot, play around its moves and scout but all with their own costs like for example Hands eats and trades vs any pult hit but then Hex set with Wisp is very annoying for it. Slowking can eat even Shadow Ball and scout or chilly rec out but not at the cost of alot of HP, Gren eats shadow ball but can get nuked or taken advantage of with uturn and corvi doesnt appreciate fire type atks or even strong shadow balls. Needs careful maneuvering and getting info on what the set is.

c. :hawlucha: Hawlucha has been seeing usage alot more with Sneasler gone and setups effectively vs alot of the members on the team so positioning well vs Hawlucha offense is very important. At the end of the day we still have intimidate and a very bulky iron hands that can eat any hit even at plus two and revenge kill but letting it setup multiple times and over predicting can lead to very easy 6-0 sweeps especially if u havent gotten enough dmg to it before so our priority dont kill. Hard Hands and fake out usually does it for me but slowking and priority can often help too.

6. Recorded live of the climb

Instead of replays i have recorded a showdown live using the team and explaining between the turns my thought process and why we are doing what we doing while also hitting the elo we achieved.
This is the
video if u wanna check it out
and Subscribing would also notify you when other videos like this with educationals goals in mind but also entertaining are posted. It is absolutely free to subscribe and u can remove it whenever u want so if u do u support my channels growth so i appreciate you alot.

7. Friends who help

Thanks to my friends and close group, TheSergio235 , Longestbanana and MAVERICK SHOOTERS . Lovely people and together we come up often with various teams im very happy with.

If got any questions about the team or want to give me any feedback outside of here responding u can message me privately on Discord Savouras#8482 or in the Academy https://discord.gg/3V3dBbfQ

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)