SV OU SCARF MEOW HYPER OFFENCE 1690 PEAK

With the update of Pokemon Home, lots of pokemon where released into the metagame. Being a newer player (I played gen 9 only some of gen 8 for fun) Beat up weaville is cool, I was overwhelmed with all these new pokemon. With no idea of set knowledge and cores I tried to make a team that I would like. I managed to get to 1690 elo but then dropped a ton thanks to me throwing so many games. Here is the team below: Tips/Changes are all appreciated! Also pls teach me how to make the pokemon have little icons they are cool :)

:Clodsire: @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Earthquake

When I was looking at all of the new mons, I saw alot of crazy spa attackers so naturally, I wanted to find a good wall to check them. With toxic it can stall out those hyper offence teams by itself mostly while setting rocks up too. This mon improved my matchup with stall a bit with eq to check toxapex, glowking. An am immune to psn I went with the standard set but after a few matches I kept on getting clapped by rain teams so i changed it to w asorb and tera to dark to avoid future sight breaks.

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Post-Home, I ran scarf gold all the time but now I like defensive gold better. I was going to run the mixed defensive gold but bc I have clod alr I think that It would be better to run full phys def gold. T-wave is for slowing down mons for ursaluna and enamourus so they can outspeed. Hex is the perfect partner for it. Recover and nasty are just for hitting the enemy with wait there's more.

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Fire Punch

When nothing was banned I just spammed chien-pao and ursaluna but as chien got banned, I couldn't spam mindlessly :(. I am running the normal SD set. I wanted to put crunch instead of fire punch but in one match someone used a bramble against me and kept on str sapping me. running fire punch now. I normally don't tera bc this thing is just to take a kill for a kill (normally a defensive wall so that meow can shine). but against trickroom, don't tera or commit to much bc the enemy team will probably have a slower ursa.

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch
My favorite pokemon this gen, (I like cats) At first I ran the Banded set but after stressing if the Cinderace/Sneasler was scarfed, I decided to go scarf too. I chose T-Punch for scarf enamourus, corv and pelipper and amola to always hit super-effectively even it it tera flyings. I went with the standard tera dark to power up knock offs but I'm thinking to change it to ghost to improve the matchup for dragonite and h-arcanine. With the scarf it can still outspeed iron val under a booster and scarf but is harmless against it besides flower trick but you need to chip it down before killing it.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Lots of fast things this gen, but the pult is still good. with alot of speed to still be faster than most of the team. pult is very frail so make sure to check for any potential scarfers. I wish that I had a better rocker then clod so I can see if they are scarfed or not. We are running the standard specs set but i'm not sure if i want to change shadowball to hex.

Enamorus (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Superpower

The only new mon that I used, I wanted to run a mixed set because it can put pokemon in a bind (like blissey) and still be able to break threats like kingambit (you do need to chip it down a bit.) M fire is to hit amoongus and weaken its spa to live a sludge etc....

I hope you enjoy using the team (if you are going to use it) https://pokepast.es/4e88085a0e363006

Again, any feedback on the team is greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Cool I didn't even know Meowscarada GOT T-punch, it's just that unusual, at least where I play. There is a massive Ice weakness fwiw. Gholdengo is your resist, but terad it takes SE damage too. That said I'm not good enough to suggest changes to whole mons usually, just moves and such. I started rating OU teams w/o other replies, in case I catch something. I don't much, but it gives me something to do LOL.

I'd run air balloon over lefties on ghold, you already have a recovery option move, and being able to tera fly and avoid ground after breaking balloon is essential.

Also this isnt really hyper offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)