Ubers Scarf Xerneas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Thunder / Focus Blast
move 3: Thunder Wave / Defog
move 4: Aromatherapy
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Fairy Aura
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
===================
Choice Scarf Xerneas functions as an extremely potent revenge killer and anti-offense tool. It can outspeed two of the most common Choice Scarf users in Kyogre and Galarian Darmanitan, as well as fast offensive threats such as Calyrex-S, Eternatus, Marshadow, Mewtwo, and +1 Zygarde, Zekrom, and Rayquaza. Thunder lets Xerneas deal decent damage to Ho-Oh and Necrozma-DM. Focus Blast can be run instead to hit Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Heatran harder. Thunder Wave can provide good utility to deal with the two aforementioned foes, giving ample opportunities for Xerneas's teammates to deal with them. Aromatherapy provides cleric support to offensive teams that Choice Scarf Xerneas fits in. Defog is an option over Thunder Wave if entry hazard removal is paramount and helps against Sticky Web teams, further enhancing Choice Scarf Xerneas's anti-offense capabilities.

Choice Scarf Xerneas is mostly found on offense. U-turn Yveltal can bring it in safely against threats such as Marshadow and Urshifu-S and answer Calyrex-S. Groudon is a great teammate that can either set Stealth Rock or beat Steel-types that Xerneas struggles to break past, such as Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn; it also threatens Ho-Oh with Stone Edge. Kyogre can force Necrozma-DM and Ho-Oh out and make Xerneas's Thunder 100% accurate by setting rain. Strong wallbreakers such as Dragon Dance Zekrom and Rayquaza, Meteor Beam Eternatus, Marshadow, and Swords Dance Weavile allow Xerneas to sweep. Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM is another fantastic partner, checking opposing Geomancy Xerneas and luring in and removing Ho-Oh with Stone Edge.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lasen, 273339]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Minority, 222996]]
- Grammar checked by: [[DC, 449990]]

Last edited:

Garrett

Banned deucer.
When the next solar flare happens and wipes out the planet's large-scale electrical functions, your QC efforts will be lost to time

For some reason I get notifs each time one of these QCs is posted by anyone

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It can outspeed the most common Choice Scarf users in Kyogre and Galarian Darmanitan
Um, I haven't played in a bit but is Choice Scarf Calyrex-S just totally rare now? Otherwise I'd remove this most common mention.
Thunder lets Xerneas deal with Ho-Oh and Necrozma-DM.
Personally I would throw in "decent damage" or something along those lines, because without that this may give the impression to newer players that Thunder does more damage than it actually does.
Defog is an option over Thunder Wave if hazard removal is paramount.
I feel like it's worth mentioning its ability to screw over Sticky Web teams, which amplifies Scarf Xern's anti-HO abilities.

I want to get the next QCer's opinion on Focus Blast; it gets pretty good neutral coverage like Thunder does and technically does a bit more damage to Necrozma-DM. Notably it hits Ferrothorn pretty hard which I think can be a very big deal and lets your wallbreaking teammates like Zekrom or whatever sweep easier. I think it could be slashed over Thunder and maybe additionally as a third slash on the third slot.

Besides that this is an excellent analysis!

QC 1

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it's worth slashing Focus Blast after Thunder on this set as it clicks OK against NDM and niche steel matchups, also works as a pair with Thunder Wave if you prefer the para punish on big bird anyway.

QC: 2/2

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments
AC = Add Comma, RC = Remove Comma, AH = Add Hyphen, RH = Remove Hyphen

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Thunder / Focus Blast
move 3: Thunder Wave / Defog
move 4: Aromatherapy
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Fairy Aura
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
===================
Choice Scarf Xerneas functions as an extremely potent revenge killer and anti-offense tool. It can outspeed two of the most common Choice Scarf users in Kyogre and Galarian Darmanitan, as well as fast offensive threats such as Calyrex-S, Eternatus, Marshadow, Mewtwo,(AC) and +1 Speed Zygarde(-C?), Zekrom, and Rayquaza. Thunder lets Xerneas deal decent damage to Ho-Oh and Necrozma-DM. Focus Blast can be run instead to hit Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Heatran harder. Thunder Wave can provide some good utility to deal with the two aforementioned foes, giving ample opportunities for its Xerneas's teammates to deal with them. Aromatherapy provides cleric support to the more offense oriented strategies offensive teams that Choice Scarf Xerneas fits in. Defog is an option over Thunder Wave if entry hazard removal is paramount and helps in the Sticky Web matchup against Sticky Web teams, further enhancing Choice Scarf Xerneas's anti-offense capabilities.

Choice Scarf Xerneas is mostly found on offense. U-turn Yveltal can bring it in safely so that it can deal with threats such as Marshadow and Urshifu-S, while Yveltal answers Calyrex-S. U-turn Yveltal can bring it in safely against threats such as Marshadow and Urshifu-S and answer Calyrex-S.(Both of these seem like benefits that U-turn Yveltal brings) Groudon is a great teammate that can either set Stealth Rock or beat the Steel-types that Xerneas struggles to break past,(AC) such as Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn;(comma to semicolon) while also threatening it also threatens Ho-Oh with Stone Edge. Kyogre can force Necrozma-DM and Ho-Oh out and makes Xerneas's Thunder 100% accurate by setting rain. Strong wallbreakers such as Dragon Dance Zekrom and Rayquaza, Meteor Beam Eternatus, Marshadow, and Swords Dance Weavile can all weaken walls so that Xerneas may sweep allow Xerneas to sweep.(wallbreakers weaken walls =[) Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM is another fantastic partner, checking opposing Geomancy Xerneas and baiting Ho-Oh in luring in and removing Ho-Oh with Stone Edge.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lasen, 273339]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Minority, 222996]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
GP 1/1. [DC, 449990]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)