SPOILERS! Scarlet and Violet Gameplay/Story Leaks

I started by looking into the dialogue and ended up comparing the story script differences between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 based on text dumps from abcboy's bulbapedia page. I'm passing on most of the universal grammar related changes (example: changing every instance of Mister Walksabout to Mr. Walksabout). From what I could tell, 1.1.0 doesn't have any main differences other than some files being placed in different orders.
Diff:
-That simple art... ▶
+Those mosaics... ▶
This is used in Alfornada town for someone talking about the Gen 1 minisprite art.

-Err... ▶
+Errr... ▶
I don't know where this is specifically from, but it seems to be for consistency as there are 8 other instances of "Errr" and this was the only "Err" in the game.

-The Tera Pokémon inside these black crystals are incredibly powerful...
+The Tera Pokémon found at these black crystals are incredibly powerful...
This text is from Jacq's call about 6 star raids.

-How’s the power of this move? See for yourself, why don’t you.
+I hope you find the power of this next move to be satisfactory.
This quote is from Larry's postgame rematch battle before he uses a move with Terastal, and is one of the more notable changes for being a completely different sentence.

-Anyway...about the LP thing. I thought I was going down big-time for hacking the League Point system, but looks like I got away with it...
+Anyway...about the LP thing. I thought I was going down big-time for hacking the League Point system, but they’re letting me off easy...
This is from Penny's speech at the ending of Starfall Street.

-There’s a special kind of strength that can only be reached by competing with a good rival...
+There’s a special kind of strength that can only be reached by competing with a good rival.
Geeta's comment after 8 gym badges no longer ends in ellipses.

-B-but I think my Pokémon are really strong, too. Like, REALLY strong!
+B-but I think the Pokémon on Team Poppy are really strong, too. Like, REALLY strong!
This is from the meeting with Poppy after the 4th gym.

-*ahem* Good luck.
+Ahem... Good luck.
-Your final opponent is terribly strong...but then, so are you! Banish your fear! With a calm mind, you will surely see the path to triumph!
+Your final opponent is terribly strong—but then, so are you! Banish your fear! With a calm mind, you will surely see the path to triumph!
Larry and Hassel's E4 postbattle dialogues got slight adjustments.

-If you poke at your Pokémon too many times while brushing them or while on picnics, they’ll get mad at you like Pikachu just demonstrated!
+If you poke at your Pokémon too many times while washing them during picnics, they’ll get mad at you like Pikachu just demonstrated!
This is from Salvatore's 5th languages class, where I guess washing during picnics is a more relevant way to put the example.

-All you have to do to stop an Auto Battle is press the R Button one more time! Your Pokémon will then come back as soon as it can!
+There’s no stopping an Auto Battle once it starts! You’ll have to wait and see how it plays out! You can call your Pokémon off before the battle starts, though, if you press the ZR Button while your Pokémon is still on its way to the opponent!
This is an answer to a possible question in Dendra's 5th battle studies class about if you can stop an Auto Battle. This is also notable to me because it ended up having the opposite meaning between versions and was completely rewritten, possibly referring to removed content.

-And it is my sincere wish that all of you go on to even greater, prosperous futures.
+And it is my sincere wish that all of you go on to even greater, more prosperous futures.
Hassel's final message after the art final exam.

-We’re Team Star, kid. We burn too bright to even look at directly! But you knew that, right?
+We’re Team Star, kid. We burn so bright, it hurts to look at us! But you knew that, right?
This is from the Team Star meeting at the start of the game, being less literal about their star analogy.

-The director introduced us. When you need someone good with tech, I guess it’s a no-brainer.
+The director introduced us. When you need someone good with tech, she’s a no-brainer.
Arven talking about Penny at the start of Area Zero.

-So I’ve been off doing some super-special training with Mabosstiff and my team!
+So I’ve been off doing some special super-serious training with Mabosstiff and my team!
Arven's dialogue from the first round of the ace tournament got more serious.

-You don’t have enough Pokémon that will obey your commands, so you can’t challenge Team Star.
+You don’t have enough Pokémon that will obey you, so you can’t challenge Team Star.
A similar dialog exists for the STC version too but was unchanged.

-*chomp chomp snarf chomp*
+*chomp chomp* *snarf* *chomp*
Koraidon/Miraidon eating a sandwich, now with separated chomps and snarfs.

-Did you come across the Asado Desert to get here as well? You didn’t happen to see a kind of weird Pokémon on the way here, did you?
+Did you cross the Asado Desert to get here as well? You didn’t happen to see a kind of weird Pokémon on the way here, did you?
Different phrasing from a lighthouse NPC.

-Why is your battle teacher here at a Pokémon Gym working as an instructor, you ask?
+Why is your battle studies teacher here at a Pokémon Gym working as an instructor, you ask?
Dendra before the ESP test.

-Welcome to the Treasure Eatery—proud to support the Medali Gym!
+Welcome to the Treasure Eatery—proud to be supporting the Medali Gym!
A minor rewording of the Medali gym test.

-Are those guys from Team Star? What the heck’re they yelling for?
+Are those guys from Team Star? What the heck are they yelling for?
Postgame commentary on Team Star. I just wanted to point out the removal of heck're.

-Anyway, was nice bumping into you both! Hasta la vistar! ☆
+Anyway, it was nice bumping into you both! Hasta la vistar! ☆
More postgame Team Star dialogue made less casual.

-Around a year and a half ago...
+About a year and a half ago...
Meli and Giacomo's flashback scenes were made consistent with the rest of Team Star.

-Ugh! HOW could I lose?! What the HECK!
+Ugh! How could I LOSE?! What the HECK!
Ortega's post-loss dialogue swapped capitalizations between words.

-There is a separate shrine for each of the four Pokémon, and eight stakes driven into the ground near each shrine keep the power of ruin at bay.
+There is a separate shrine for each of the four Pokémon, and eight stakes driven into the ground in the areas surrounding each shrine keep the power of ruin at bay.
Ms. Raifort's description of the stake areas uses more words.

-Languages (1): Greetings for Any Situation!
+Languages (1): Greetings for Any Situation
The first languages class lost an exclamation mark.

-But lately...I feel like I can take anything. No matter if I’m tired or feel like crying.
+But lately...I feel like I can take anything. Even if I’m really tired or feel like crying.
This sentence from Eri's flashback was reworded slightly.

-La Primera?
+The Top Champion?
This is an answer you can give to Kofu before his rematch.

-Aim to register 400 Pokémon species in your Pokédex! Oh, and when you do complete it... Press the X Button in your Pokédex app and you can get yourself a nice little completion mark! I’d love you to come show me when you get it.
+Aim to register 400 Pokémon species in your Pokédex! Once you do, press the X Button in your Pokédex app and you’ll get a nice little completion mark! I'd love if you could show me when you get it.
Jacq's final mission dialog was slightly reworded.

-I have to do La Primera’s bidding since she IS my boss...but now she’s ordering students around?
+La Primera IS my boss, so I have to do as she says...but now she’s ordering students around?
-I see... So you’re helping the boss free up some time to enter a tournament at the academy...?
+I see... So you’re helping the boss free up some time to enter a tournament at the academy?
-I’ll be facing you in my role as a Gym Leader, so I’ll be using my regular team.
+I’ll be facing you in my role as a Gym Leader, so I’m going to use my regular team.
Some rematch Larry dialogue was touched up.
Overall this shows that Larry was the most rewritten character between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. I guess he was just that complex of a character.

The common script has a lot more differences, most of them being minor line adjustments, but I'll highlight the most relevant one I noticed first.
Between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, Behemoth Blade and Bash got new reworded descriptions to compensate for the lack of dynamax. Personally I think the new description fits Zacian more, while Zamazenta's builds off the old one in literally becoming a shield.
Diff:
-The user becomes a gigantic sword and cuts the target. This move inflicts twice the damage if the target is Dynamaxed.
-The user becomes a gigantic shield and slams into the target. This move inflicts twice the damage if the target is Dynamaxed.
+The user wields a large, powerful sword using its whole body and cuts the target in a vigorous attack.
+The user’s body becomes a firm shield and slams into the target fiercely.
Here are the rest of the more significant differences of the common script.
Diff:
-Restore PP
+PP
This seems to be for the menu where you restore PP with an Ether.

-Choose the first letter of the Pokémon species you want to search for
-Choose the first letter of the move you want to search for
-Choose the first letter of the Ability you wish to search for
+Choose a first letter, then select a Pokémon species to search for
+Choose a first letter, then select a move to search for
+Choose a first letter, then select an Ability to search for
These PC box search description got reworded.

-Rental Teams offer you a way to borrow the Battle Teams that other Trainers have put together and shared online. They also allow you to do the same—you can share your Battle Teams to let others try them out. When you choose to make a Battle Team public, a team ID will be displayed. Anyone who knows the ID can use it to search for and borrow that team!
+Rental Teams offer you a way to borrow the Battle Teams that other Trainers have put together and shared online. They also allow you to share your own Battle Teams to let others try them out. When you choose to share a Battle Team, a team ID will be displayed. Anyone who knows the ID can use it to search for and borrow that team!
This description was made more straightforward.

-I didn’t know there was a Pokémon that could climb these steep slopes...
+I didn’t know there was a Pokémon that could climb these steep slopes with a rider...
This trainer's text was made more clear.

-YODEL-AY-HEE-HOOO! Wah! Who’re you?!
+YODEL-AY-HEE-HOOO! Wah! Who are you?!
This is funny and I think this was changed because the post-battle text asks "Who ARE you?!" for emphasis.

-I am a dragon tamer... ▶
-We dragon tamers are wielders of dragon Pokémon!
+I am a Dragon Tamer... ▶
+We Dragon Tamers are wielders of dragon Pokémon!
Capitalization is important.

-What powers our Flying Taxies?! Squawkabilly’s plucky spirit!
+What powers our Flying Taxis? Squawkabilly’s plucky spirit!
I guess this was just a typo.

-I’ve heard the rumors of a Pokémon in these lands. One known as the False Dragon Titan!
+I’ve heard the rumors of a Pokémon in these lands—one known as the False Dragon Titan!
Connecting the sentence fragments.

-Hey! Hey, you there! You’re mine! You’ll be another feather in my cap! But what does that even mean?!
+Hey! Hey, you there! You’re mine! Once I defeat you, you’ll be another “feather in my cap”! But what does that even mean?!
This threat was made more clear about what it entailed.

-[VAR 0102(0000)] told a chillingly bad joke!
+[VAR 0102(0000)] is preparing to tell a chillingly bad joke!
Chilling Reception's preparation dialogue was made more clear for the timing when it shows up before the move.

-[VAR BD06(0000)][VAR 010C(0000)] cured its burn with its sheer determination so you wouldn’t worry!
+[VAR BD06(0000)][VAR 010C(0000)] cured its burn through sheer determination so you wouldn’t worry!
For some reason the Burn affection message got changed slightly.

-Your Tera Orb lacks the charge it needs to Terastallize your Pokémon! Another [VAR 0200(0000)] attack[VAR 1101(0000,0100)]s should provide the energy you need!
+Your Tera Orb lacks the charge it needs to Terastallize your Pokémon! After [VAR 0200(0000)] more attack[VAR 1101(0000,0100)]s, you’ll have the energy you need!
The dialog for clicking Terastallize in a raid without enough attacks was adjusted slightly.

-You can rent another Trainer’s team.
+You can rent another Trainer’s team
A period was removed

+Raging Fury
+The Pokémon rampages and attacks for two to three turns. It then becomes confused.
This is the latest entry of the Y menu status descriptions newly added in 1.0.1. Each thrashing move has its own version, though Thrash is named Rampaging, and I guess in PLA it just used Fixated.

-Manage teams you’re renting
-Manage teams to share
-What do you want to do with this Rental Team?
+Borrow Battle Teams
+Share your Battle Teams
+What do you want to do with this Battle Team?
-Make it public
-Don’t make it public
-Check
+Share
+Stop sharing
+Check details
Lots of minor text differences about rental/battle teams.

-Please select a Battle Team.
-Please select a Rental Team.
+Choose a Battle Team to share or stop sharing.
+Choose a Battle Team to borrow or return.
+Please select a Battle Team to share.
+You can borrow Battle Teams that other Trainers have shared.
+You can share and lend out your Battle Teams.
I think this text is mostly just original but around the same places. Also strings for Rental 1-5 and Shared 1-5 were removed and generally "made public" became "shared".

-The Pokémon changes the weather so that no moves are supereffective against the Flying type.
+The Pokémon changes the weather so that no moves are super effective against the Flying type.
This is actually part of a general universal change of supereffective becoming super effective which also came up a few times that I ignored in the story script.

-The academy’s generous funding made the Area Zero Expedition possible, and the data gathered has been shared with the academy in hopes that it will help aid in the institution’s research work and help foster future generations of scholars and scientists.
+The academy’s generous funding made the Area Zero Expedition possible, and the data gathered has been shared with the academy in hopes that it will aid in the institution’s research work and help foster future generations of scholars and scientists.
Minor rewording of the sponsor page of the Book.

-We attempted to shave off a piece of the plate, but failed to leave even a scratch.
+We attempted to shave off a piece of the plate but failed to leave even a scratch.
Comma removed.

-During our exploration of Area Zero’s depths I, Heath, strayed from the team and was later found unconscious. When awoken, I could only recall speaking with someone in an unfamiliar place, as if in a dream. I was found holding the page shown here. The handwriting is my own, but I have no memory of writing this.
+During our exploration of Area Zero’s depths, I—Heath—strayed from the team and was later found unconscious. When awoken, I could only recall speaking with someone in an unfamiliar place, as if in a dream. I was found holding the page shown here. The handwriting is my own, but I have no memory of writing this.
Minor text fix to Heath's phantom memory.

+You won’t be able to catch this Pokémon even if you defeat it, because your Boxes are full!
A new raid warning line for 1.0.1.

-...Oh? There’s still something else in the basket!
+...Oh? There’s something else in the basket!
+It’s another Pokémon Egg! Do you want to take it?
The another Egg line is new for 1.0.1.

+Quit
Apparently the picnic wash feature didn't have a Quit line.

-Fresh strawberries are folded into the ice cream so you can taste their natural sweetness.
+Fresh strawberries are folded into the ice cream, so you can taste their natural sweetness.
One comma was added to the Strawberry Ice Cream description, but this isn't the end of the food descriptions.

-The spicy addition has made this sandwich a bit more palatable, but still, it’s not necessarily for everyone.
+The spicy kick added to this sandwich has made it more palatable, but it may still be an acquired taste.
The Great Curry-and-Rice-Style Sandwich's description was adjusted, though being more similar to the Ultra version by mentioning the acquired taste.

-The ultimate form of the Potato Salad Sandwich. The sweetness of the herbs is what will decide its success.
+The ultimate form of the Potato Salad Sandwich. The sweetness of the herbs hugely affects its flavor.
The Master Potato Salad Sandwich got some pressure to succeed taken off of it.

-The hint of sweetness manages to preserve the harmony between all the fillings of this miraculous sandwich.
+A hint of sweetness manages to preserve the harmony between all the fillings of this miraculous sandwich.
The Master BLT Sandwich description starts with a different word.

-A sandwich whose main goal is filling up the tummy. Flavor is nice, but quantity is the main concern.
+A sandwich whose main goal is filling up the tummy. It’s got a nice flavor, but the focus here is quantity.
The Great Hefty Sandwich's second part was adjusted to be less casual.

-While others ask “why?,” this sandwich asks, “why not?” It’s best when the curry powder is lightly toasted.
+While others ask “why?” this sandwich asks, “why not?” It’s best when the curry powder is lightly toasted.
The Curry-and-Noodle Sandwich got rid of its comma inside a quotation mark entirely.
Also the first question of the biology final exam got formatted differently with bullets instead of commas, which is easier to see in the actual game.
1670278796263.png
1670278870692.png

Speaking of the biology final, this question about Everstone and stone evolutions is actually wrong.
1670278899432.png

Also in school_reception.dat, there are unused listings for a Health class with Nurse Miriam in the menus after Home Ec, with numbered classes like Health (1) and a midterm/final and dialogue asking "You’d like health with Nurse Miriam?", but without an option in the revisit menu or full titles like the other revisitable classes.

Can see why those 2 Larry lines got big rewrites. They're a little too bitter and sticks out from the rest of his dialog.

Also in school_reception.dat, there are unused listings for a Health class with Nurse Miriam in the menus after Home Ec, with numbered classes like Health (1) and a midterm/final and dialogue asking "You’d like health with Nurse Miriam?", but without an option in the revisit menu or full titles like the other revisitable classes.
wow can't believe the DLC covers the second year of school and she's gets to be a proper teacher after acing her exams confirmed!!

wow can't believe the DLC covers the second year of school and she's gets to be a proper teacher after acing her exams confirmed!!
Incidentally I realized that there could be a few more hints to Miriam in other school-related files.
1670287729360.png

The school test results have a placeholder line after the home economics class.

The text files for each class are named class_a_01 through _08 internally, and so forth up to class_g following their internal order. However, class_h also exists, with only the first file having more than one placeholder line. Speaking of which, Jacq's 2nd class also has a bunch of these placeholder lines at the end which no other class does.
1670287834420.png

Wonder if we're meant to read anything into Geeta. It's really fascinating how her ace is Glimmora (actively toxic and possibly tied to tera's strangeness) and how so many the gym leaders kind of just plainly dont like her. There's either direct resentment towards her or implied frustration about her that they brush aside to battle you:
-Katy is frustrated at being forced to use weaker Pokemon
-Larry is explicitly overworked (even despite being told to stop working over time) and plainly unhappy about the whole affair; I also imagine he's not thrilled with working 2 jobs in the same company lol.
-Ryme is PISSED that Greeta couldn't even face her, and she has to actively apologize for taking it out on you. And I think that level of anger is not necessarily a new thing.
-Tulip doesn't like her aura
-Grusha has a lot of resentment about being pushed out of snowboarding to focus on battling.
And hell I'm pretty sure the other leaders are also still a little annoyed at the periodic inspections or her sending you in her stead, they just focus on other aspects.

Nemona's the only major character who explicitly adores her.

I'm not even saying she's necessarily secretly evil or anything (the Glimmora could just be because its cool and fits her aesthetics, as well), but it's very unusual for a Champion to get that kind of behavior thrown towards them so I wonder if it's meant to be notable.

OH SPEAKING OF
What was up with that task that Geeta left to Nemona at the start of the game? Nemona just sidestepped the question iirc. I kind of thought maybe it was part of a leader inspection thing, and one or the other would bring it up in the post game, but nobody mentions it.
Did I miss a dialog about what that was about?
When Geeta was announced and the “AI” rumours were flying around, a lot of people were convinced she was somehow a robot, and her official art appearance sorta alludes to that, she looks very pointed and there’s something a little.. off about her, and that’s from the art. Her eyes sparkling, her feet being very long and her arms / hands being so pointed.

Her character in the game is also odd, because she’s in such a position of power yet doesn’t really do anything with it. She makes you do most of the champion tasks, she gives Nemona things to do but never does anything herself - and in fact when you do finally see her do something herself (battle you) she’s entirely underwhelming.

Pointing out that the gym leaders have a general dislike towards her is a good catch, there’s also how the entire staff and previous director walked out of the school and somehow she isn’t mentioned to have done something about it. She’s not a direct faculty member but the League’s challengers depends entirely on the school so I imagine that line of communication is wide open. So it’s a little odd that throughout Team Star’s arc it wasnt mentioned that Geeta did anything

I don’t think it means anything personally, which is a shame because I think a side storyline in the DLC about Geeta.. not being that great would be interesting for Pokémon, sorta covering a fall from grace arc and then she plays a part in the tera-phenomenon expansion. Maybe she’s bored? Maybe she’s stronger than letting on but due to not really getting a chance to flex and having to do remedial things she’s just over it? Idk, it won’t be expanded on, but it would be cool.

inb4 she’s a creation of the third legend designed to draw in tera power with Glimmora idk

Overall this shows that Larry was the most rewritten character between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. I guess he was just that complex of a character.
There is absolutely no character more appropriate to get 11th your work done on them than Larry. Huge flavor win.

——

I am 100% convinced that some fishy stuff is up with Geeta. Glimmora’s weird spotlighting and just the general sense of something being incomplete with her battle, on top of everything people are mulling over in this thread, have got me convinced something’s up. Absolutely expecting whatever that weird or in the sketches are to have at least a Diancie-Carbink style relation to Glim at a minimum. Let’s see how the inevitable DLC unfolds.

When Geeta was announced and the “AI” rumours were flying around, a lot of people were convinced she was somehow a robot, and her official art appearance sorta alludes to that, she looks very pointed and there’s something a little.. off about her, and that’s from the art. Her eyes sparkling, her feet being very long and her arms / hands being so pointed.

Her character in the game is also odd, because she’s in such a position of power yet doesn’t really do anything with it. She makes you do most of the champion tasks, she gives Nemona things to do but never does anything herself - and in fact when you do finally see her do something herself (battle you) she’s entirely underwhelming.

Pointing out that the gym leaders have a general dislike towards her is a good catch, there’s also how the entire staff and previous director walked out of the school and somehow she isn’t mentioned to have done something about it. She’s not a direct faculty member but the League’s challengers depends entirely on the school so I imagine that line of communication is wide open. So it’s a little odd that throughout Team Star’s arc it wasnt mentioned that Geeta did anything

I don’t think it means anything personally, which is a shame because I think a side storyline in the DLC about Geeta.. not being that great would be interesting for Pokémon, sorta covering a fall from grace arc and then she plays a part in the tera-phenomenon expansion. Maybe she’s bored? Maybe she’s stronger than letting on but due to not really getting a chance to flex and having to do remedial things she’s just over it? Idk, it won’t be expanded on, but it would be cool.

inb4 she’s a creation of the third legend designed to draw in tera power with Glimmora idk
She's explicitly on the school board (which...actually thinking about it I guess that would also have a bunch of other people on it, so the mass leaving of faculty must have been QUITE the day) too, at least within the past year. And I think her being underwhelming to battle is probably just a matter of gameplay/story segregation

But yeah all her interactions are very impersonal/distant too.

Honestly I could see a little DLC story involving Geeta more closely, if only because she's an important character that you don't truly get to know that well. Contrast with someone like Clavell or even the end game. I dunno if it'll involve a "fall" of any sort, but I could see it sort of unpacking the front (?) she puts on and what she thinks of people thinking of her the way they do.

If nothing else it does kind of make her stand out among the other champions, and after 9 generations having a respected champion who is kind of disliked by her subordinates is a change of pace.

Speaking of DLC, I am guessing that they'll probably have do two batches again. And the last one is almost certainly dealing with the LEgend and probably be specifically designed as a continuation of the post game since absolutely minimum we have to go back to Area Zero.
But maybe the first batch will have little extra "paths" to follow that lets yo ufollow up on characters more. Stuff that could have post-game stuff in it, but also involve other characters that could "slide in" to various points of the game. Geeta's a good example of that if we want to avoid explicit deep lore stuff, but there's also more we could probably do with Nemona's parents, the faculty, gym leaders, and/or of course new characters and scenarios.

The sense that I got with Geeta was that we don’t see much of her because she seems very hands-on in her role as chairwoman of both the League and the Academy, and thus she’s probably up to her ears in paperwork, phone calls, board meetings, inspections, and ambassadorial-type appearances. It’s kind of ironic, because her position at the very top has distanced her from the thing she had to be so skilled at to get there. I think that’s maybe supposed to inform your battle against her… her battle music is triumphant and energetic and laced with flamenco influences, and she starts off by saying “my one major flaw is that I absolutely refuse to hold back.” I feel like she’s supposed to be delighted for a chance to go all-out against a Trainer with your potential. It’s just… whoever determines stuff like teambuilding totally fumbled the ball and saddled her with a Gogoat, Avalugg, Veluza, and a misused Kingambit.

The sense that I got with Geeta was that we don’t see much of her because she seems very hands-on in her role as chairwoman of both the League and the Academy, and thus she’s probably up to her ears in paperwork, phone calls, board meetings, inspections, and ambassadorial-type appearances. It’s kind of ironic, because her position at the very top has distanced her from the thing she had to be so skilled at to get there.
This is a trope I see decently often in material like Shonen Anime even (the Hokage position in Naruto being one of the strongest ninja but doing office work instead of missions), and is sort of a common story in the business world in general, so I could definitely see it being explored in a DLC.

I think Geeta is the second Champion in the series with a secondary occupation as an actual job (League Chairwoman would probably have a lot of duties) rather than a hobby in their spare time (Lance, Alder/Iris, and especially Leon are full-time Champs, Kukui only seems a placeholder until the first League challenge concludes compared to the less orthodox Island Challenge). The only other Champion with a seeming full-time job is Diantha, who funnily enough is also considered one of the more underwhelming champions in terms of presence and battling.

I think that’s maybe supposed to inform your battle against her… her battle music is triumphant and energetic and laced with flamenco influences, and she starts off by saying “my one major flaw is that I absolutely refuse to hold back.” I feel like she’s supposed to be delighted for a chance to go all-out against a Trainer with your potential. It’s just… whoever determines stuff like teambuilding totally fumbled the ball and saddled her with a Gogoat, Avalugg, Veluza, and a misused Kingambit.
I think the main problem is that she is built up as the top champion above everyone else like SWSH, but in the end having multiple champions kind of defeated the point. Compared to Leon who was actually the undefeated champion, defeating Geeta is a regular part of the champion assessment so every other champion has beaten her while not holding back. Even Geeta herself acknowledges that Nemona was holding back against her in her Champion battle waiting for a true rival, so the power ranking of champions we know of ingame ends up being Main Character > Nemona not holding back > Nemona holding back > Geeta not holding back, which just goes to show how little the multiple champions actually mattered ingame when we never saw any other ones. If there was a battle tower you would think that that's where all the other champions would be, but the only mention of them is in the endgame where the AI's battling abilities are said to be based on analyzing Champion battles.

Speaking of underwhelming titles, the book of hall of fame badges is very sparse with just the professor and your friend group listed, and the Paldean Champion ribbon just gets handed out to anyone in the party for winning the academy ace tournament in the end, though I guess you can technically face Geeta in it again.

Last edited:
In the namelist file used for labeling who is speaking in dialogue, the final entry is for an O’Nare with a curly apostrophe that never shows up as far as I know.
[VAR 0100(0000)]
Florian
[VAR 0100(0000)]
Juliana
Nemona
[~ 5]
Arven
[~ 7]
Penny
Cassiopeia
Clavell
Professor Sada
AI Sada
Professor Sada?
Professor Turo
AI Turo
Professor Turo?
Geeta
Hassel
Rika
Poppy
Larry
Katy
Brassius
Kofu
Iono
Grusha
Ryme
Tulip
Mysterious Cry
Clive
Mela
Ortega
Giacomo
Eri
Atticus
Dendra
Tyme
Salvatore
Raifort
Miriam
Saguaro
Jacq
Mom
???
Grunt A
Grunt B
Grunt
Old Man
Man
Young Man
Little Boy
Little Girl
Young Woman
Woman
Old Woman
Office Worker
Grunt C
Both
MC Sledge
Harrington
Heath
Charlos
Carmen
Billy
O’Nare
O'Nare also appears as the second last entry in trname for trainer names, and is mentioned once in the story script in overworld dialogue. Also of note is "Billy" who is above not mentioned anywhere else, and Heath who we never see in person or talking ingame. Ominous.

popup said:
The Academy\nAce Tournament! ▶
I keep finding\nthese coins... ▶
Ohohohoho! ▶
My dearest O’Nare! ▶
The traveling Pokémon\nCenter, here to serve! ▶
Fancy a trade? ▶
Your phone can reveal\nyour past lives to me... ▶
This text is used for the overworld popups and these triangles are specifically for people you can press A to talk to, and their text is stored mostly sequentially, though as you might expect O'Nare's text is skipped. The Academy Ace tournament dialogue is in sub_012 and the NPC who picks up your coins is in sub_013. 14-17 cover the ruinous legendaries and 18 covers the dialogue from the legendary rematch. 19 is empty and 20-23 have placeholder lines, and then 24 picks back up with the traveling pokemon center NPC. Since the second line mentions O'Nare by name, it seems like someone else is saying that to O'Nare and they are the one doing the anime rich girl ohoho laugh.

Here is O'Nare's name in other languages, which seem more like girl's names.
French: Naire
German: Onea
Italian: Abby
JP: ネア
Korean: 나리아
Spanish: Enrica
Chinese: 馥好

I also ended up checking the trainer data sheet organized by Hematite since there was a trainer name, and it turns out O'Nare still has trainer data as a "richf" with a level 22 female Kantonian Meowth in a Luxury Ball and the small moveset of Pay Day and Bite, both boosted by Technician. Though it's very faded out, she has 10 in each EV and 5 in each IV. I assumed the "richf" is supposed to be the Lady class as the counterpart to the Rich Boy, but it turns out they haven't shown up since ORAS and so this is the only "richf" in the game that isn't even in the game yet. She is between Raifort and all of Nemona's teams, which is pretty late in the list after all the generic raid NPCs, who incidentally all have set tera types but can't tera themselves, among other weird things which I might make a different post about at some point.

EDIT: Apparently this order seems mostly alphabetical based on the internal IDs seen in from slp32's pastebins.

1670801337484.png

Also this made me realize the connection with Billy and O'Nare with their names being a pun to form billionaire.

Here's Billy in other languages:
French: Milio
German: Billy
Italian: Nab
Japanese: ビリオ
Korean: 빌리오
Spanish: Ricardo
Chinese: 毅万

So what does this mean? If they weren't scrapped then I guess we might be seeing these rich people in the DLC or something.

EDIT: I also just realized that Nemona's parents are rich people that we never see as well so that could be somewhere this is going.

Last edited:
and Heath who we never see in person or talking ingame
Heath being present as dialogue source even if without dialogue doesn't surprise me too much.

With the whole thing about this ipotetical "third legendary" from the scarlet/violet book, as well as Heath connection to the "origin" of the Time Machine, it wouldn't surprise me if he pops up in the DLC and has either enslaved/captured/awakened this mysterious entity, or asks us to <do something> about it.

Heath's "Phantom Memory", where he's separated from the expedition party and meets "someone" in a "strange place" and writes out mysterious diagrams that he has no memory of writing, will probably be relevant for the DLC. The diagrams never get more context, either.

Also since we're looking at weird things, if you look in the item index list at all the Material listings you see a bunch of blanks. If you cross reference with the species most of them make sense. There's 3 for the starters, there's 14 for the paradoxes, there's 4 for the sub-legends. Now there are 2 other blanks, between Pawmi & Wattrel, which you might think are placeholders for Koraidon & Miraidon (who otherwise aren't accounted for blank-wise ), but the thing about the materials list is it follows the index list. The 2 legs having placeholder blanks there would be pretty odd (same for the suicuen & virizon paradoxes)

Makes me think there might've been 2 more Pokemon lines planned that got axed.

Here's some observations from a look all over the place at the trainer data. I refer to both Hematite's organized sheet and slp32's trainer data CSVs (for 1.0.1) which have some additional raw info like internal names and other values that may not actually affect anything but are set for some reason.
General observations:
It seems like everyone in this game has an unspecified or Hardy nature, except for the final boss legendaries.
Generic trainers have 10 EVs in all stats and 5 IVs in all stats. The route bosses with black dialogue boxes have 15 IV HP instead. Random gym trainers have 10 in each IV. The team star guard battles (Youssef/Harrington/Carmen/Generic Grunts) have IVs of 15s and 20 for the ace.
1670820330027.png

By checking this, I learned that they reused the name Youssef for a random pokemaniac, except I couldn't find proof that the pokemaniac exists in the game because everyone just talks about the Youssef you actually see in the story. It seems like he's supposed to be in the same area as Roger, but the only thing I could find about him is someone asking if him and some other trainers listed in Dalizapa Passage on serebii actually someone asking how to find him and some other trainers (Beatriz and Omar) listed in Dalizapa Passage on serebii. Serebii is the only other source who has listed these people and I think it's just because it's from the datamine, so I feel like this could just be another unused character or he is hidden so well that nobody has ever found him.

1670817304687.png

Boss battles generally have mons with 20 IVs and the ace has 25 IVs with 252 HP, with some exceptions.
Penny 1's Sylveon has a 20 Speed IV instead of 25. Her Flareon has a default gender unlike the other veevees with specified ones.
1670819473038.png

Arven's Greedent always has 0 in all IVs in every appearance, probably for consistency because of when you fight it as a level 5 Skwovet at the start of the game. However, Scovillain has 25 IVs in its titan battle but goes down to 20 in later battles.
1670819494316.png

Katy 1's Tarountula has the all-25 IV spread instead of her ace Teddiursa.
1670819514990.png

In Brassius's rematch, his Tsareena and Sudowoodo both have the 25 IV spread.
1670819530089.png

The Team Star bosses have 25 IVs for their aces but don't get the 252 HP EVs. This still applies to their rematches even when there's no extra starmobile boss.

For Geeta and AI Sada, they get 25 IVs for the first mons and the ace gets 30 IVs. AI Turo's team has some IVs set to Random for some reason. The 25s are there in the data though, but the talentType is set to Random instead of Value which seems to be what determines IVs. Also both of them have one unspecified nature instead of Hardy.

Turo also kind of cheats because Iron Valiant should not have Spirit Break until level 91. This made me notice that they actually pulled out a lot of TM moves in this fight for those optimal movesets. They don't get the 252 HP EVs for their ace though, and they don't actually get to tera anything even though they have the ability to. The second battle's box legendary has a specified tera type but with no ability to terastallize. Also its IVs are actually consistent to the one you get so they probably copied that encounter data directly.
1670810312516.png

1670810301719.png

Almost all the gym leaders and E4 members have their Tera types set for their whole team, except Ryme. Her lead Banette has a Steel Tera type and her ace Toxtricity is Ghost, and in the rematch Houndstone gains the Ghost tera type as well.
1670818805445.png

Arven's Mabosstiff does not actually have a specified tera type, but he does tera ingame so I guess that shows that the default option just gives you your primary type anyway.
1670819453990.png

Clavell has a generic team with no set moves and all the potential non-starter pokemon he can have before his actual teams, similarly to the unused Nemona teams but closer to the final versions.
1670809577168.png

Speaking of Clavell, his real Oranguru has the egg moves Yawn and Dream Eater. I can't say how effective of a strategy this is in practice but it is a choice gamefreak made. The other egg move I took note of was Yawn on Mela's Torkoal.
1670812383781.png

Nemona's unused teams are all labeled rival_0X right before the used rival_0X_hono/kusa/mizu for each starter variation. As noted in the other thread some of these are more detailed than others, but the entire rival_03 set is completely unused in its own right and features a Pawmi lead and a starter ace with 252 HP EVs and no terastallization, which may be an earlier version of the used Nemona 2 which is pretty different.
1670810046019.png

1670819113044.png

Both Saguaro's Goodra and Hatterene have the Fairy tera type. The other non-E4 teachers just have the one tera as expected.
1670810133961.png

Most of the raid AI trainers have some unused STAB tera type, except Kylie who uses Grass on Fighting types and Claire who uses Fairy on Bug types except for her final Heracross. This also made me realize there is a raid trainer for each type.
1670811924560.png

1670811890961.png

1670811814691.png

1670811958205.png

1670811867846.png

1670811972639.png

The final sets for Dylan and Luke (Dragon and Poison) don't have specified tera types.
1670812031180.png

Rematch upgrades:
5/8 of Larry's original moves are retained. Staraptor upgrades Aerial Ace to Brave Bird while Dudunsparce loses Glare and Komala loses its only STAB Slam for some coverage instead.
Ryme gains a move in every slot and upgrades Discharge and Hyper Voice to Overdrive and Boomburst.
Hassel also gets a similar upgrade style, retaining most moves but upgrading Hyper Voice to Boomburst and gaining Ice Shard on his incomplete Baxcalibur.
Tulip just gets an extra move to her mons which all had 3 moves originally.
Grusha's returning mons mostly still have 3 moves except for Cetitan gaining Bounce.

For the earlygame gym leaders (Iono, Katy, Brassius, Kofu) their movepools are mostly completely new, except for their signature moves on their aces. This made me realize that these leaders don't really show off their TM moves that well. Katy just has Fury Cutter, Iono uses Charge Beam, and Kofu uses Crabhammer. Tulip has Psychic on most mons which should be easy STAB to place, but on the other hand Ryme has no Shadow Ball user at all on her team. Brassius is the only one who actually uses his TM move with his ace exclusively since Grusha just has it on Cetitan.

Misc. values:
Every pokemon has a size and scale value listed which can be found in the slp32 CSVs under values.poke1.scaleType and so on for the other slots. Most of them are the default with 128, but the Team Star bosses are an exception for some reason. I tried looking at these fights but couldn't really tell if they were that differently sized in practice.

Giacomo has XL values for his first 3 pokemon in both battles and a scale value of 0. In his first battle he only has Pawniard, but in the second and third pokemon slots this value still has XL despite no other pokemon data being there. This kind of thing happens for the rest of the star bosses as well.

Ortega's lead and 5th mon have an XL value and a scale of 0 in both battles.
Atticus's 2nd mon has a XS value and a scale of 0 in both battles.
Mela's 3rd mon has an XL value and a scale of 0 in both battles.
Eri's 4th mon has a L value and a scale of 0 in both battles, and she actually has 4 mons in her main party in both.

EDIT: I noticed Nemona has a custom scale value of 210 on her Pawmi battle as mentioned outside the spoiler. I think the scale value only matters if the scaleType is Value and so the XL/XS/L type might just determine the size alone.

There is another value called talentVnum that is set for a few mons and it shouldn't affect anything. As far as I can tell from what pknx has to say about it, this is supposed to label how many perfect IVs a static or raid encounter might have. For most cases this number is the same as the last IV number to the left of it and might have been repeated accidentally. The professor legendaries have a 3 in this spot which might be a remnant of the usual legendary encounter data being copied for the fight.

The last trainers listed have some various test related names.
1670818673940.png

Most notably, test_raid_assist_NPC_1 is this level 40 Grass tera type Pikachu and strong_01 has a Garchomp.
1670818709183.png

1670819356831.png

Lastly this isn't a data thing but I noticed that Oricorio-Pom-Pom and Pa'u have each others' icons on the sheet.
1670812894826.png

EDIT:
Another exception to the scales: Nemona's rival_02 teams have a custom scale of 210 for her 2nd pokemon (Pawmi). I assume it is bigger.
1670821317366.png

Also for some reason in only one battle its rareType is set to Not Rare instead of Default. I think this is also a value related to static encounters/raids and their shininess and I don't think it matters for trainer battles whether it's Default or not, but it seems like a lot of bosses set this to Not Rare.

Last edited:
Nemona's the only major character who explicitly adores her.
Nemona is also the most oblivious person in existence.

I find Geeta so fascinating. We don’t get much about her, and any insights to her character make her seem like an unlikeable boss who pushes their employees too much. They could definitely play her character either way (secret accidental villain/anti hero, or misunderstood baddie upholding the gatekeep gaslight girl boss trinity). One way or another her ace should have been Kingambit.

Her team is lame as hell aside from two picks. I’d go for something like:
Tsareena
Slowking
Glimmora
Gholdengo
Armarouge/Ceruledge
Kingambit

Her current team lacks the prestige of a champion team. Too many mid tier BSTs and common Pokémon. I think this team better represents the idea of her as a tough boss/ruler, and iirc nobody else has Dark for their ace’s Tera type.

Anyway I do hope they expand on her character in future expansions.

I find Geeta so fascinating. We don’t get much about her, and any insights to her character make her seem like an unlikeable boss who pushes their employees too much. They could definitely play her character either way (secret accidental villain/anti hero, or misunderstood baddie upholding the gatekeep gaslight girl boss trinity). One way or another her ace should have been Kingambit.

Tsareena
Slowking
Glimmora
Gholdengo
Armarouge/Ceruledge
Kingambit

Her current team lacks the prestige of a champion team. Too many mid tier BSTs and common Pokémon. I think this team better represents the idea of her as a tough boss/ruler, and iirc nobody else has Dark for their ace’s Tera type.

Arven uses Mabosstiff as his tera.
Obviously the 8 gym leaders use their respective types (Bug, Grass, Electric, Water, Normal, Ghost, Psychic, Ice)
And the E4 (Ground, Steel, Flying, Dragon) while Geeta uses Rock
Penny uses Fairy, Arven uses Dark
Nemona (plus the Electric Pawmi she uses to show off the mechanic) & Clavell will wind up using 2 of Water/Fire/Grass depending what you choose
With the teachers Miriam uses Poison & Dendra (this one is a "required" one) uses Fighting while the others (Saguaro (Fairy), Salvatore (Electric), Jacq (Psychic), Raifort (Ghost) and Tyme (Rock)) double up

So the only real odd man out is Fire since if you choose Skeledirge there's no trainer to use Fire against you. And Poison is the only one you have to go out of your way to see (beat the post game and then keep doing the Tournament until you see Miriam).

I actually do like Glimmora as her ace, just because it's such an interesting Pokemon, but I do think Kingambit matches her too....and only partially because the hair is actually similar. There's little glimmers of other colors in Kingambit's too; I actually wonder if the pair might have had the same designer lol.

Tsareena
Slowking
Glimmora
Gholdengo
Armarouge/Ceruledge
Kingambit

That team is a bit too weak to ground. I’d go with one of Kingambit/Gholdengo and add maybe dragonite or something else threatening.

Right how did I forget Arven after he kicked my ass a few times. I didn’t think about it before but Rock being her ace Tera type has synergy with the E4 (Ground, Steel, Flying, Dragon, Rock are the Titan types aka the only type-specific bosses that aren’t human).

Honestly my biggest issue is the poor use of their signature abilities at the point she sends them out lol. At least move Kingambit to 5.

Fire is weirdly lacking on a lot of trainer teams.

That team is a bit too weak to ground. I’d go with one of Kingambit/Gholdengo and add maybe dragonite or something else threatening.
Well Kingambit would effectively be pure Dark in my head. Dragonite (and Garchomp) just feel “off limits”, so maybe Salamence* over the Megaman clones. I think she’s the only champion without any kind of pseudo on her team? Except like…Wallace (love him but yet another underwhelming champion team) and Blue for obvious reasons but he eventually gets Tyranitar* in FRLG.

Total tangent but those two are actually pretty poorly represented on boss trainer teams, especially with how popular they are and how often they appear in regions.

Right how did I forget Arven after he kicked my ass a few times. I didn’t think about it before but Rock being her ace Tera type has synergy with the E4 (Ground, Steel, Flying, Dragon, Rock are the Titan types aka the only type-specific bosses that aren’t human).

Honestly my biggest issue is the poor use of their signature abilities at the point she sends them out lol. At least move Kingambit to 5.

Fire is weirdly lacking on a lot of trainer teams.
I think Kingambit had decent synergy. Like I saw it come out around 4 when I fought. That's still realyl solid power boost. They probably intentionally had it come out around 3/4 so it could show off the boost a little bit but not whole hog. It feels like a thing they'd do.

Also yes Fire is weirdly lacking isn't it? I had Dachsbun and was so excited to no sell fire moves but you have Mela (who I didnt have the dog for) and.......uhhh......some random trainers, rarely. Clavell has Houndoom depending on starter, I suppose.

I think it would have been funny if Geeta's first pokemon was a Palafin that always started the battle with Flip Turn. If I redesigned her team I think I would go with Palafin, Frosmoth, Dragonite, Ceruledge/Armarourge, Kingambit and Glimmora

I like Espathra and Veluza but I don't think they need to be there when the gym leaders also use them. Glimmora is a cool ace imo. It would work better as a lead but it fits her vibe/works as a prelude to Area Zero/is the coolest pokemon in Paldea

Didn’t play the English version, but Arven says before the fight against Scream Tail that it’s something like this that attacked him. Do not have the exact quote but does it mean Mabosstiff was attacked by Jigglypuff.
Ok my bad, french's wasn't that clear

Last edited:
It was something akin to "We wrere attacked by things like this" and after the battle follows up with something like "man you guys dont even wanna SEE what attacked us"

So, as far as I recall, he was attacked by some Paradox, but not specifically Scream Tail/Iron Bundle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)