Scizor [4N] - Rain Dance Support

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, another Rain Dance analysis, I'm going to do Zapdos a bit later then I think that'll do for the Pokemon who don't have Rain Dance sets which deserve to have one mentioned due to it being different enough to other sets, and also effective. Anyway, Scizor is a great Pokemon for RD teams and I've used it on many of a few of my past RD teams, so here we go.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scizor

[SET]
name: Rain Dance Support
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Bullet Punch
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Roost
item: Damp Rock
ability: Technician
nature: Adamant
evs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Scizor is a great asset to many Rain Dance teams. With Pokemon like Tyranitar and Abomasnow being a major pain to Rain Dance teams due to their abilities clearing the rain, Scizor makes a great Rain Dance support Pokemon, switching in on the aforementioned threats, and dealing massive damage with Bullet Punch. This priority is also very helpful in ensuring a fast threat can't just sweep your team easily. Its bulk and great resistances to common moves like Dragon-type and Ice-type attacks means it can find many opportunities to switch in and set up Rain Dance. Rain Dance also weakens Scizor's only weakness; Fire-type attacks. This means it can survive most un-STABed Fire-type attacks. U-turn is a great move as Scizor is seen as a slow Pokemon compared to most other Pokemon; this means it can scout your opponent's team while switching in one of your Rain Dance sweepers without them having to take the opponent's attack. Roost rounds off the set by allowing Scizor to stay alive longer meaning it can set up Rain Dance multiple times.</p>

<p>Damp Rock is the preferred item as 8 turns of rain give your Swift Swim sweepers more time to decimate your opponent's team; those extra 3 turns are often the difference between winning and losing. Other options, albeit minor ones, are Leftovers and Life Orb. The former gives it some nice added recovery, but with Roost it doesn't matter too much. Life Orb can be used if you want a kick to your attacks, and Scizor can Roost off the Life Orb recoil. With this being said, the extra Rain Dance turns Damp Rock provides are usually far superior than the aforementioned items.</p>

<p>Although the preferred set is Rain Dance / Bullet Punch / U-turn / Roost, if you want you can go down a more offensive route; Rain Dance / Swords Dance / Bullet Punch / Superpower with an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD is a great alternative. It allows Scizor to not only support the team with Rain Dance, but also make a nice late-game sweeper to finish off your opponent's team, once they are weakened. With Swords Dance doubling its Attack, Bullet Punch will be a deadly finishing move while Superpower lets you hit Blissey hard, who Rain Dance team hates. Pursuit is another minor attack option to trap fleeing Pokemon such as Gengar, but generally its best to stick to one of the two aforementioned sets.</p>

<p>The EVs are aimed at maximizing its ability to take hits while being able to deal enough damage back through Bullet Punch and U-turn. The 200 HP EVs and 252 SpD EVs help it take a multitude of attacks, especially the ones that are Fire-types. The standard Bold 0 SpA Celebi with Hidden Power Fire + Stealth Rock damage only manages a maximum of 78.97% against this Scizor, and that's without rain! Timid 252 SpA Gengar without a Life Orb has a 79.49% chance to OHKO with Hidden Power Fire + Stealth Rock damage, and this is one of the strongest Hidden Power Fire attacks. This means that when Rain Dance is up, Scizor can take weak Hidden Power Fire attacks reasonably well, and even the stronger ones to a certain extent. With an Adamant nature and 56 Atk EVs, Scizor has a 98.36% chance of 2HKOing 252 HP Adamant Tyranitar with Bullet Punch + Stealth Rock damage. Against 176 HP Adamant Tyranitar, it is a certainty.</p>

<p>Obviously, even with Rain Dance up, Scizor still won't be staying in on Infernape and Heatran as their powerful STAB Fire Blasts will OHKO even in the rain. Starmie can make a reliable counter to both of these Pokemon, while also being able to set up the rain itself and abuse boosted Surf and Thunder attacks. Starmie also has access to Recover to help it stay alive and be able to consistenly switch into Fire-type attacks fired at Scizor. It can also make a nice check to Gyarados who can easily set up on Scizor. Porygon2 makes another nice partner that can deal with Heatran and Gyarados by tracing their abilities, and then firing off Discharge or Thunderbolt at them; it also has the chance to set up Rain Dance itself. Latias is another great partner as it can counter Heatran and Infernape, while being able to set up Rain Dance and abuse a boosted Surf in the rain. They also cover each other's weaknesses perfectly.</p>

<p>Zapdos, the Rotom Appliances and Magnezone are other trouble Pokemon, but Kingdra's Hydro Pump will make short work of them in the rain with help from Stealth Rock damage. Luckily, many of the counters to Scizor have trouble taking powerful Water-type attacks in the rain, which is why Scizor can make a great addition to any Rain Dance team, dealing with many Pokemon which trouble Rain Dance teams - Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Celebi, Latias, Salamence and Blissey - while the Swift Swim sweepers destroy its counters with high powered Water-type attacks.</p>

On one of my rain dance teams, I put toxic on scizor to poison bulky waters after it switches in on an ice attack, like vaporeon, who can often be a pain for rain teams, as I'm sure you know. Also, Latias is an awesome teammate for scizor because it can take on heatran and infernape with ease, abuse boosted surfs, set up rain, etc. so I think you should mention it in that fourth paragraph.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks Cost, don't know how I forgot Latias, I'll also put in a minor mention of Toxic.
EDIT: Put in those changes.

<p>Scizor is a great asset to many Rain Dance teams. With Pokemon like Tyranitar and Abomasnow being a major pain to Rain Dance teams due to their abilities clearing the rain, Scizor makes a great Rain Dance support Pokemon, switching in on the aforementioned threats and dealing massive damage with Bullet Punch. This priority is also very helpful in ensuring a fast threat can't just sweep your team easily. Its bulk and great resistances to common moves like Dragon-type and Ice-type attacksmeans it can find many opportunities to set up Rain Dance. Rain Dance also weakens Scizors only weakness to Fire-type attacks, meaning it can take weaker Fire attacks and hit back (there are no "weaker Fire attacks", Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Fire Punch are powerful. U-turn is a great move as Scizor is seen as a slow Pokemon compared to most other Pokemon, meaning it can scout your opponents team while switching in one of your Rain Dance sweepers without them having to take the opponent's attack. Roost rounds off the set by allowing Scizor to stay alive longer, meaning it can set up Rain Dance multiple times.</p>

<p>Damp Rock is the preferred item as 8 turns of rain give your Swift Swim sweepers more time to decimate your opponent's team. Those extra 3 turns are often the difference between winning and losing. Other options albeit minor ones are Leftovers and Life Orb. The former gives it some nice added recovery, but with Roost it doesn't matter too much. Life Orb can be used if you want a kick to your attacks, and Scizor can Roost off the Life Orb recoil, but Scizor's main role is to support the team, not attack. With this being said, the extra Rain Dance turns Damp Rock provides are usually far superior then the aforementioned items. Although the preferred set is Rain Dance / Bullet Punch / U-turn / Roost, there are other options to choose from. Superpower can be used to hit opposing Heatran and Magnezone that may often switch in. Pursuit is another option to trap Gengar and others Pokemon attempting to flee from Scizor. Swords Dance is an option if you want to boost your attack and give Scizor a chance at a late-game sweep with Bullet Punch. Lastly, Toxic is an option to poison bulky Water-types like Vaporeon who can cause Rain Dance teams a lot of problems because of its ability to absorb Water-type attacks and use Wish + Protect to stall out Rain Dance turns.</p>

<p>The EVs are aimed at maximising its ability to take hits while being able to deal enough damage back with Bullet Punch and U-turn. The 248 HP EVs and 220 SpD EVs help it take a multitude of attacks, especially ones that are Fire-type. The standard Bold 0 SpA Celebi with Hidden Power Fire + Stealth Rock damage only manages a maximum of 78.97% against this Scizor, and that is even without rain being up. Timid 252 SpA Gengar without a Life Orb has a 74.36% chance to OHKO with Hidden Power Fire + Stealth Rock damage, and this is one of the strongest Hidden Power Fire attacks. This means that when Rain Dance is up, Scizor can take weak Hidden Power Fire attacks reasonably well and even the stronger ones to a certain extent. With an Adamant nature and 40 Atk EVs, Sczior secures a 2HKO 100% of the time on 176 HP Adamant Tyranitar with Bullet Punch + Stealth Rock damage.</p>

<p>Obviously, even with Rain Dance up, Scizor still won't be staying in on Infernape and Heatran as their powerful STAB Fire Blasts will OHKO even in the rain. Stramie can make a reliable counter to both of these while also being able to set up the rain itself and abuse the rain with boosted Surf and Thunder attacks. Starmie also has access to Recover to help it stay alive and be able to consistenly switch into Fire-type attacks fired at Scizor. Starmie can also make a nice check to Gyarados who can easily set up on Scizor. Porygon2 makes another nice partner that can deal with Heatran and Gyarados by tracing their abilities and firing off Discharge or Thunderbolt at them, while also having the chance to set up Rain Dance itself. Latias is another great partner as it can counter Heatran and Infernape, while being able to set up Rain Dance and abuse a boosted Surf in the rain. They also cover each weaknesses perfectly.</p>

<p>Zapdos, the Rotom Appliances, and Magnezone are other trouble Pokemon, but Kingdra's Hydro Pump will make short work of them in the rain with help from Stealth Rock damage. Luckily, many of the counters to Scizor have trouble taking powerful Water-type attacks in the rain which is one reason why Scizor can make a great addition to Rain Dance teams.</p>
Just a problem I've found consistent in your analysis write-ups, don't add an "s" to a Pokemon's name to make it plural, a Pokemon's name are one of the types that can be plural and singular. I mean, you never add an "s" to sheep or fish, because they are already plural and singular at the same time. So Heatrans becomes Heatran, Jolteons become Jolteon, etc.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Thanks a lot Fuzznip, I've edited in the changes, and I'll try to ensure from now on I remember not to put an 's' on the end of a Pokemon's name.

Just a typo error for you, you spelled Starmie wrong (you wrote it as stramie) in the second last paragraph.

While I have no doubt this set is useful, I'd much rather use a Choice Band Scizor on a RD team than waste an item and move slot on setting up Rain. There are much better pokemon for setting up rain, particularly pokemon who actually benefit from it. And no, the rain really doesn't help that much. I used Uber Scizor in OU for awhile on my RD team and it was still slaughtered by Heatran and the likes.

It's a good idea but I really think you could pick a better user.

For the Swords Dance suggestion, you might want to say that having an EV spread of 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe is more ideal as it lets Scizor have an easier time getting KOs. Also, if you're going to use SD then Superpower would be more appropriate then U-turn as it lets Scizor nail Heatran and Magnezone.

Luckily, many of the counters to Scizor have trouble taking powerful Water-type attacks in the rain which is one reason why Scizor can make a great addition to Rain Dance teams.
With most of SD Scizor's counters either dead or weakened late game, he can usually break past them and finish off the other team. I would put some mention of this with the comments of SD.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
May I suggest an EV spread of 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD? The extra Atk gives you a 98.36% of 2HKOing 252 HP / min Tyranitar with Bullet Punch with SR in play, and 252 HP Tar is more common than 176 HP (even more CB Tars have 252 HP, as more and more Tars are becomin specially defensive). Don't bother having more than 56 Atk EVs. 64 EVs gives the same chance as 56, and increasing your chance of a OHKO (which is practically already guaranteed) is not worth it.

You do lose a slight amount of defense both physically and specially, as for example, Gengar's HP Fire now has a 79.49% to OHKO Scizor with SR support when not in the rain. But Celebi still cannot OHKO with HP Fire, and Specs Gengar still cannot OHKO in the Rain.

[EDIT] You should mention that the 2HKO ignore Leftovers Recovery.

Also, I do not see any point in mentioning Swords Dance set comments. Scizor is meant to set up Rain Dance, not prepare a sweep. U-turn removes your SD boosts, and without it, Bullet Punch is horrible as a lone attacking move; it's walled far too easily. You're better off U-turning, and letting your teammates do all the sweeping.

Another reason to use LO is to fool the opponent into believing that you are a SD or Trapper Scizor. Then Rain Dance has a surprise factor. However, I still consider it inferior to Damp Rock. Leftovers should be removed completely, as with Roost, its typing, and its specially defensive bulk, it is simply not needed.

While I have no doubt this set is useful, I'd much rather use a Choice Band Scizor on a RD team than waste an item and move slot on setting up Rain. There are much better pokemon for setting up rain, particularly pokemon who actually benefit from it. And no, the rain really doesn't help that much. I used Uber Scizor in OU for awhile on my RD team and it was still slaughtered by Heatran and the likes.

It's a good idea but I really think you could pick a better user.
Er...can you at least back that up? What pokemon exactly outclass scizor?

Zapdos, Bronzong, Azelf, Electrode, Latias, Jolteon

All of them either benefit directly from it being set up, or can explode and get right to a new sweeper. I just find Scizor a lot more useful with the extra attack.

It's more of a personal opinion, I suppose the set is still viable I just find other pokemon much better users of Rain Dance.

All of them either benefit directly from it being set up, or can explode and get right to a new sweeper. I just find Scizor a lot more useful with the extra attack.

It's more of a personal opinion, I suppose the set is still viable I just find other pokemon much better users of Rain Dance.
Scizor can actually deal with Tyranitar and Abomasnow that love to remove the Rain for their own weather. Zapdos, Azelf, Electrode, Latias, and Jolteon all fail to harm Tyranitar (Bronzong can use Gyro Ball, but CBTar can still deal some hefty damage to it), but Scizor threatens it (and Abomasnow) and can take it out so it wouldn't be of any problem later in the match.

It's viable and it's worth it.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
For the Swords Dance suggestion, you might want to say that having an EV spread of 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe is more ideal as it lets Scizor have an easier time getting KOs. Also, if you're going to use SD then Superpower would be more appropriate then U-turn as it lets Scizor nail Heatran and Magnezone.

With most of SD Scizor's counters either dead or weakened late game, he can usually break past them and finish off the other team. I would put some mention of this with the comments of SD.
I don't want to make the analysis too cluttered so I'll leave that out for the moment.

May I suggest an EV spread of 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD? The extra Atk gives you a 98.36% of 2HKOing 252 HP / min Tyranitar with Bullet Punch with SR in play, and 252 HP Tar is more common than 176 HP (even more CB Tars have 252 HP, as more and more Tars are becomin specially defensive). Don't bother having more than 56 Atk EVs. 64 EVs gives the same chance as 56, and increasing your chance of a OHKO (which is practically already guaranteed) is not worth it.

You do lose a slight amount of defense both physically and specially, as for example, Gengar's HP Fire now has a 79.49% to OHKO Scizor with SR support when not in the rain. But Celebi still cannot OHKO with HP Fire, and Specs Gengar still cannot OHKO in the Rain.

Thanks, edited that in.

[EDIT] You should mention that the 2HKO ignore Leftovers Recovery.

Also, I do not see any point in mentioning Swords Dance set comments. Scizor is meant to set up Rain Dance, not prepare a sweep. U-turn removes your SD boosts, and without it, Bullet Punch is horrible as a lone attacking move; it's walled far too easily. You're better off U-turning, and letting your teammates do all the sweeping.

Its a option for people who want Scizor to be a sort of sweeper so its fine as a minor option.

Another reason to use LO is to fool the opponent into believing that you are a SD or Trapper Scizor. Then Rain Dance has a surprise factor. However, I still consider it inferior to Damp Rock. Leftovers should be removed completely, as with Roost, its typing, and its specially defensive bulk, it is simply not needed.

Azelf and Electrode are leads, Scizor is not a lead, so that part I will completely ignore. As Fuzznip has pretty much answered Scizors main thing is it can handle Tyranitar and Abomasnow which makes it a great addition and differs it from those. Its aim is to support the team, with Rain Dance and handling Tyranitar and Abomasnow, but in no way does that mean the CB one would be better as then you are using a slot with a Pokemon who doesn't have Rain Dance to benefit your team, and this will limit your team.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I still feel that at least some of the options need to be removed. Your 2nd paragraph seems to be very much dedicated to avoiding slashtis. As alternative options, you have mentioned Leftovers, Life Orb, Superpower, Pursuit, Swords Dance and Toxic. There's too many "possibilities."

I would remove at least two of these. I've already made my suggestions for Swords Dance and Leftovers (and with Leftovers, I would like to add that Scizor is a Pokemon who sets up Rain Dance and then gets the heck out of the battlefield for as long as he can, only coming back when he is really needed; he doesn't want to hanging around trying to grab recovery here and there.) With Superpower, Blissey won't stay in on Scizor, and you would be better off using that free turn to use Rain Dance or U-turn. Superpower for Heatran isn't needed, as Rain teams have no problems handling it, whilst Magnezone isn't a major threat to Scizor, for Rain will prevent Maggy from OHKOing with HP Fire, and Scizor can U-turn out of Magnet Pull. Toxic should probably go too. Toxic could theoretically be placed on any Pokemon, and Zapdos and Bronzong are probably better suited for the move with their superior defences. Plus Vaporeon can be handled by Zapdos, Jolteon, Rotom-W, ELectrode, Latias, Ludicolo, Kabutops with a SD boost, and some Kingdra.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
I've taken out Toxic as its the least useful option, but thats all I'm taking out from that paragraph as I like the flow of the paragraph as it is.

I don't think this should go onsite (hear me out)

We already have plenty of RD users analysis, I have used this, it is ok, but why you would ever use this over CB or SD is beyond me. We are creating for the sake of creating at the point and I don't think it is going to work out. Someone reading these will say "there are like 15 rd sets, which do i fucking use -.-"

my opinion, just post a lot of these rd sets into the rain dance guide. list them by usefulness and show them more clearly compared to others. just putting them onsite is just wrong :/

EspyJoel

Espy <3
The reason you would use it over CB or SD is the ability to set up Rain Dance to support the team. Your Swift Swim sweepers are there to do the sweeping.

The only other steels which have a rd set are Jirachi and Bronzong anyway so I don't think its overcomplicating since you pretty much have to have a Steel-type in OU RD teams.

However, I am fine with it just being put in the rd guide if its believed to be not needed, but I think Azelf and Latias should definitely be added, and probably Zapdos too.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
This seems close to completion, joel, let me just patch up the holes.

Yes, another Rain Dance analysis, I'm going to do Zapdos a bit later then I think that'll do for the Pokemon who don't have Rain Dance sets which deserve to have one mentioned due to it being different enough to other sets, and also effective. Anyway, Scizor is a great Pokemon for RD teams and I've used it on many of a few of my past RD teams, so here we go.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scizor

[SET]
name: Rain Dance Support
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Bullet Punch
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Roost
item: Damp Rock
ability: Technician
nature: Adamant
evs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Scizor is a great asset to many Rain Dance teams. With Pokemon like Tyranitar and Abomasnow being a major pain to Rain Dance teams due to their abilities clearing the rain, Scizor makes a great Rain Dance support Pokemon, switching in on the aforementioned threats and dealing massive damage with Bullet Punch (try and split that sentence up a bit, its a run-on sentence currently). This priority is also very helpful in ensuring a fast threat can't simply sweep your team easily. Its bulk and great resistances to common moves like dragon-type and ice-type attacks means it can find many opportunities to switch in and set up Rain Dance. Rain Dance also weakens Scizor's only weakness; fire-type attacks. This means it can survive most un-STABed Fire-type attacks relatively well. U-turn is a great move, as Scizor is seen as a slow Pokemon compared to most other Pokemon; this means it can scout your opponent's team while switching in one of your Rain Dance sweepers, without them having to take the opponent's attack. Roost rounds off the set by allowing Scizor to stay alive longer, meaning it can set up Rain Dance multiple times.</p>

<p>Damp Rock is the preferred item as 8 turns of rain give your Swift Swim sweepers more time to decimate your opponent's team; those extra 3 turns are often the difference between winning and losing. Other options (albeit minor ones) are Leftovers and Life Orb. The former gives it some nice extra recovery, but with Roost it doesn't matter too much. Life Orb can be used if you want a kick to your attacks, and Scizor can Roost off the Life Orb recoil. However, Scizor's main role is to support the team, not attack. With this being said, the extra Rain Dance turns Damp Rock provides are usually far superior than the aforementioned items (I would remove that setence, it seems redundant). Although the preferred set is Rain Dance / Bullet Punch / U-turn / Roost, there are other options to choose from. Superpower can be used to hit opposing Heatran and Magnezone that may often switch in, as well as hitting Blissey, who is a major pain for special sweepers on Rain Dance teams. Pursuit is another option to trap Gengar and other Pokemon attempting to flee Scizor. Lastly, Swords Dance is an option if you want to boost your attack and give Scizor a chance at a late-game sweep with Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>The EVs are aimed at maximizing its ability to take hits, while being able to deal enough damage back through Bullet Punch and U-turn. The 200 HP EVs and 252 SpD EVs help it take a multitude of attacks, especially the ones that are fire-type. The standard Bold 0 SpA Celebi with Hidden Power Fire and Stealth Rock damage only manages a maximum of 78.97% against this Scizor, and that's without rain! Timid 252 SpA Gengar without a Life Orb has a 79.49% chance to OHKO with Hidden Power Fire + Stealth Rock damage, and this is one of the strongest Hidden Power Fire attacks. This means that when Rain Dance is up, Scizor can take weak Hidden Power Fire attacks reasonably well, and even the stronger ones (to a certain extent). With an Adamant nature and 56 Atk EVs, Scizor has a 98.36% chance of 2HKOing 252 HP Adamant Tyranitar with Bullet Punch + Stealth Rock damage. Against 176 HP Adamant Tyranitar, it is a certainty.</p>

<p>Obviously, even with Rain Dance up, Scizor still won't be staying in on Infernape and Heatran, as their powerful STAB Fire Blasts will OHKO even in the rain. Starmie can make a reliable counter to both of these Pokemon, while also being able to set up the rain itself, and abuse boosted Surf and Thunder attacks. Starmie also has access to Recover to help it stay alive and be able to consistenly switch into Fire-type attacks fired at Scizor. It can also make a nice check to Gyarados, who can easily set up on Scizor. Porygon2 makes another nice partner that can deal with Heatran and Gyarados by tracing their abilities, and then firing off Discharge or Thunderbolt at them; it also has the chance to set up Rain Dance itself. Latias is another great partner as it can counter Heatran and Infernape, while being able to set up Rain Dance and abuse a boosted Surf in the rain. They also cover each other's weaknesses perfectly.</p>

<p>Zapdos, the Rotom Appliances and Magnezone are other trouble Pokemon, but Kingdra's Hydro Pump will make short work of them in the rain with help from Stealth Rock damage. Luckily, many of the counters to Scizor have trouble taking powerful Water-type attacks in the rain, which is why Scizor can make a great support Pokemon on Rain Dance teams.</p>
Hey joel, good analysis. You really love rain dance, huh? ^_^

Incedentally, what is the current status of this write-up?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Thanks Snorlaxe, I've edited in what I felt was needed, by the way Fire-types is capitalised among other things.

Yeah, its a good write up, but I think the main reason to use this in a Rain Dance team is because of its ability to deal with many things standard RD teams struggle with - Abomasnow, Celebi, Latias, TTar, Salamence and Blissey if you had Superpower over Roost.

I think Kindgra should get a mention in the Team Options too - they resist eachother weaknesses, and Kingdra can fire off Draco Meteors against standard Gyarados. As long as it avoids Close Combat and Mach Punch, Kingdra can also switch-in on Infernape.

Ok, maybe I didn't explain myself properly. After rereading it, I don't think you make it incredibly clear to the reader that this set deals with the main problems that Rain Dance teams have. The only threats you mention in the first paragraph are Tyranitar, Abomasnow and Dragons, while I think you should also mention Celebi and Latias. I don't think Dragons per se are an issue for Rain Dance teams, as the sweepers generally carry Ice Beam or Stone Edge in the case of Kabutops which hit Salamence for super effective. Latias is a bigger threat with her high Special Defence and resistance to Surf and Hidden Power Electric / Grass, and you nail her with U-turn. Celebi doesn't get strong mention either, and I think you could also explain what sort of problems Celebi gives to Rain Dance, and how Scizor fixes it.

I just think you should be clearer to the reader about Scizor's role in a Rain Dance team, especially seeing as how useful he is in Rain Dance. I think you should also explain a bit more why this set should be used over Choice Band or Swords Dance, as quite a few people are a bit iffy about this set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)