Scizor (Analysis)

I came up with an experimental EV distribution.
252 Atk,200 HP, 56 SpD

You could take some EV from Atk to and put it into another Stat.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I came up with an experimental EV distribution.
252 Atk,200 HP, 56 SpD

You could take some EV from Atk to and put it into another Stat.
and what does that distribution accomplish, exactly?

please don't post random numbers without backing them up with calculations

After users of Fire-type attacks are KO'd, would Scizor be capable of running a late game Wall set of Careful nature, Iron Defense, and Roost?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After users of Fire-type attacks are KO'd, would Scizor be capable of running a late game Wall set of Careful nature, Iron Defense, and Roost?
Yes.

Quite frankly, I would rather have a late game sweeper than a late game wall. What point is there in stalling when you know you can't do much damage back in return and get mauled by multiple attacks that Scizor can't stall out? I'd rather use Specially Defensive Skarmory if you're going this route.

With Technincian, is Rock Smash a viable alternative to Brick Break? I know I would be very wary about staying in on a Scizor that just lowered my defense.

With Technincian, is Rock Smash a viable alternative to Brick Break? I know I would be very wary about staying in on a Scizor that just lowered my defense.
It has Superpower. And Brick Break, I guess. There's no reliable way to make good use of the Defense drop with a 60 base power move to initiate it only half the time.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I disagree with the EV spread on the bulky Scizor. From my calcs a spread of 252/156 achieves the following results:

Modest Reuniclus Focus Blast: 41-48.3%
Timid Virizion Focus Blast: 44.5-52.6%

Neither of these is a 2HKO after factoring leftovers

Seeing as Virizion is almost always timid, shouldn't that be taken into account? Therefore I think a 252 HP/100 Atk/156 Sp. Def. EV spread should be posted on the bulky SD set.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we need to stop playing and put Choice Band first in the analysis. Scizor is still the definitive momentum Pokemon in OU, and threatens a ridiculous number of OU viable Pokemon with its presence alone, while Swords Dance just eats it up by attempting to sweep and being roadblocked by one of its several hundred checks and counters. Bulky Swords Dance was cool when no one was expecting it, but now, seeing Leftovers is enough to get a player excited, knowing it won't seriously hurt anything or get a full-blown sweep off.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to second what SJ said. I tried the bulky SD set, and it was underwhelming compared to the bander. You need SD, Roost and Bullet Punch, and you're too easily walled/stopped regardless of either coverage move.

Also, I'd like to see Roost mentioned in the Additional Comments of the Band set, in the last slot. Like Specs Latios, Scizor is sometimes dealt with by relying on residual damage to wear it down, then KO it with a light hit, maybe from a wall. Entry hazards are especially troublesome for Sciz, and an unexpected Roost can be an extremely jarring maneuver for the opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)