Tournament SCL I RU Prediction Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw

Kenix

World Defender
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs Odr
Nat vs Charmflash

ACR1

Yo siempre la llevo al cielo
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending ORAS Circuit Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs Odr
Nat vs Charmflash

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash

maybe post moon thoughts later

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin - obviously wishing my good friend franklin luck, but feli and i are gonna put confide in the best possible position to win this game. ik franklin has had issues with nerves in the past, and while i'm hoping that doesn't affect his performance, it very well could in his first official team tour game. even though they're the two most unproven players in the pool, i'm still really looking forward to this one.

lax vs Punny - laximus hasn't been in perfect form as of late, but imo he's still one of the best players on the site. i'm bolding punny here simply bc of meta knowledge/prep, but i wouldn't be surprised at all to see lax take it. hopefully him and his supporting cast can give him a shot to take home a win week 1.

atomicllamas vs odr - a very tough w1 for mr. llamas in this battle of the rurk. i'm probably most high on odr out of everyone in the pool right now, and i fully expect him to finish this season with at least six wins. odr was very hyped coming into his debut tournament last snake, but a few unfortunate games and maybe some first tour nerves led him to finish 4-4. i know that odr really wants to prove himself, so i'm expecting a big breakout season for him.

llamas has always been a great value pick, and i do think that he will get his wins this season, but i don't expect him to pick up his first one here. i think llamas will have to win this one in the builder if he wants to have a good shot.

Nat vs Charmflash - i think nat has a pretty clear advantage in this one. i wasn't too impressed with charmflash's performance in snake as i feel he pulled up with lackluster teams nearly every week, but he's very clearly a capable player as he's shown in the past. if charm pulls up with some more fundamentally sound teams he could do very well in this tournament, but if not, i think he will severely struggle with the top half of the pool.

i can say from personal experience that nat is the most talented player in the pool when she's at her best, but unfortunately team tours are about a lot more than that. i have not been a fan of nat's building in recent years, and she has also been plagued by inconsistency/tilt. i am rooting for my good friend as always, and if she's able to stay level headed and embrace criticism in the builder, she will undoubtedly finish top 2 in this pool. if not, we unfortunately may be seeing a rerun of last years snake.

CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - i admittedly know nothing about dragon claw, especially in ru, so obligatory cbb bold. cbb is obviously a talented player, but i know that he's also taken interest behind the scenes in ru in previous years. i expect cbb to put up a respectable record this year while stealing one or two wins from the top half. i'm wishing dragon claw the best, but i think that they may have a tough time competing in what is arguably the strongest ru pool ever.

Last edited:
Confide vs TheFranklin - this will be a close one between the two unproven players in the pool. I'm a big fan of the types of teams that Arce brings but I can't deny the fact that Confide has Ajna and Feli support. I do rate Confide and Arce equally as good as players, however, I believe that the ruoons (ru goons) will pilot Confide to a win through prep.

lax vs Punny - probably the only time I will ever bold against Punny this tour

atomicllamas vs odr - both odr and llamas are obviously very solid players but I am a big fan of odr as many know (even though his opinion on suicune is utter garbage). with odr's first official season nerves being out of the way i believe he will do much better this season picking up at least 6 wins. i also believe llamas will end up going positive but in this matchup i think odr has the upperhand because i feel his builds and style of play take advantage of the typical teams that llamas brings.

Nat vs Charmflash - Despite the notion that Nat tends to tilt to the moon if she's preforming suboptimal, she's an amazing player with a tendency to bring odd yet effective teams. Although Charm did have an impressive slam this year, picking up 5 wins in RU, his overall snake last year wasn't all that impressive. Overall, I think Nat has a decent edge here but if Charm does play into her mind he could pick up this win.

CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - I don't really know much about either of these players as I'm a zoomer lower tiers player but I'll bold CBB here due to his overall smogon prowess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)