Metagame SCL I UU Predicts (won by pif!)

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
idea stolen by ubers hehehe

Hosted by Estarossa and i!

We now introduce a fun little game: SCL I UU Predictions!

Top Predict Prize:
  • $50 USD, courtesy of Hogg!
  • 1 month of Discord Nitro Classic, courtesy of avarice!
In order to participate each week:
  • When the lineup for all the UU games come out, we'll post them more organized here in a format where you can copy and paste this text with updated bold text indicating who you think the winner of the game will be. 1 point per correct game outcome based on team, and an additional 2 bonus points are awarded for anyone that "clean sweeps" a week, i.e. they predict all 5/5 game outcomes correctly. Note that if a person is subbed, your prediction will be counted based on that sub winning on behalf of the original person on the lineup.
  • Do not predict for the pertaining week before I post the game text format
  • You must pick exactly one winner (no bolding the "vs.") for each game
  • Your post will be scored at the end of the week only if it has no edits. You may make a new post if you want to change your predicts so as long as it is before the first game of the week is played (in other words, don't try to cheese the first game outcome by making a post while it's being played. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the competition if their prediction timing seems suspicious for any reason.)
EXAMPLE WEEK 0 FORMAT
John vs. Odie
Nermal vs. Garfield
James vs. Jim
Jay vs. Jake
Steve vs. Alex

One possible prediction one can post is:
John vs. Odie
Nermal vs. Garfield
James vs. Jim
Jay
vs. Jake
Steve vs. Alex

If you got 3/5 correct, your weekly score would be 3. If you got all 5/5 correct, your weekly score would be 7 (5, then +2 for a clean sweep). The sum of all weekly scores in the regular season will be your final score. The highest scoring individual which was never disqualified will be deemed the winner.

By the way, we highly encourage people to discuss WHY their predicts are the way they are. This is entirely optional, but it's nice to see people overview player matchups so as to justify why one player emerge victorious over another.

Good luck to everyone and may the best fortune teller win!

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
umbry vs Bushtush - lily support seems likely to lead to some extremely wacky teams, with the non elec resist offense we saw in uuwc being probably the most glaring example. umbry does have 149818998 simps ready to provide teams though. the hero of canada uses very solid stuff and between 2 very solid players we'll give him the wk1 edge
Accel vs LNumbers - more experienced, better, etc.
Adaam vs Indigo Plateau - teammate = auto bold, go foxes >:D
Luthier vs mncmt - i flipped a coin, this is too close
Gondra vs Askov - I think Gondra's a better player but can easily see the Platoon being unable to support much this week; they'll also need to get their RU, NU, PU, and Ubers players familiar with their respective metagames, and Askov may be able to exploit that.

Last edited:
UU: umbry vs Bushtush - this def isnt a wash like ppl will say it is tho. i think people rag on bushs playing ability too much. probably because everyone clowns him naturally, i guess. he did get 2/3 of his uuwc's teams wins so surely that counts for something! anyway umbry is really good at the game. i was told she builds her own teams for uuwc, so it won't be like lily's just feeding her either, making her more than just a slot that'll pilot whatever.

UU: Accel vs LNumbers - hl of the week for sure. clark is just an obscene tryhard. he'll probably abuse discord's reply function to every single response to anything he says in his channel. in our uu snake server he had a very elaborate process in prep when he joined us in finals but ngl i completely forgot what it was. he like bolded shit though. i know he doesn't have any uu team tour experience in officials, but 2-2 in wcop for ur first time in a tier you don't main definitely isn't bad either. his timer usage scares the fuck out of me though. there are a few ppl i've seen who consistently go low on timer but like with clark it just feels like he's nervous as fuck...or maybe i'm just wrong here af LOL. on the other hand accel has done very well for the past two snakes and unless he's playing a brazilian he makes games look easy. like especially his game vs cbu last year, that was a soul read. based off that i'll have to pick him.

UU: Adaam vs Indigo Plateau - i rate adaam super super highly so there's like not a whole lot to say about this. i have no idea what adaam's support is ngl and im too lazy to check but ip does have some interesting support in pdt and avarice, and while they both can come up with stuff somewhere in the range of crack and nonsense sometimes ip has a good enough judgement call to filter out anything that might be bad, but adaam is someone who gives confidence either way

UU: Luthier vs mncmt - idk what it is but my gut doesn't trust luthier for this one. it's not like there's a significant skill gap between the two, theyre both very good, and they both have good support...robjr is one of the goats for uu and has hs as well so it's not particularly like luthier's lost. highways is there to help out mncmt as well, ngl i haven't actually seen a highways game in months aside from uu classic but he's had a good tenure in gen 8 so building wise mncmt is covered and will prob take his own spin on things as well. its just a bad omen. i think mncmt will "tilt" luthier, i guess. maybe. idk "it could go either way" whatever

UU: Gondra vs Askov - like ru im predicting my own teammate because karma. go askov

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
umbry vs Bushtush
Accel
vs LNumbers
Adaam vs Indigo Plateau
Luthier vs mncmt
Gondra
vs Askov

Some shit predicts

Umbry vs Bushtush- Umbry is a very good player from what I’ve heard, she also destroyed me round 1 of UU open. Don’t know much about bushtush but his team won UUPL so he’s also a strong player ig. Still getting used to the tour scene and who are the most notable players

Accel vs LNumbers- Accel joined US West to help us in BW, his team also won trio tour

Adaam vs Indigo Plateau- IP malded against me so I will bold against him every week. Adaam is also a king

Luthier vs mmcmt- bolding luthier because otherwise my predicts are nearly the same as finch’s

Gondra vs Askov- I’ve bolded all of left side so far so I will do it again. Wouldn’t be surprised though if askov won

umbry vs Bushtush - This is one that hurts because I love umbry and I think she is the better player here (as her recent results suggest) but I think that Bush's playstyle is perfect against her. Bush makes cracked plays and is especially good against players that like to dictate the tempo of the game with his overbearing aggressiveness, and umbry is exactly that type of player: she is proactive early on and makes aggressive doubles in order to snowball the game so that she builds more and more advantage. Bush is the type of player that identifies when his opponents want to be aggressive and punishes it well, as he has shown in previous tournaments, even more so with TDK's support. Won't be an easy game by any means, but it's definitely the one I'm most excited to watch this week.

Accel vs LNumbers - This is a really interesting game because I feel like both have something to prove. Accel hasn't really played UU after SSD and although he is easily one of the most consistent UU performers in the tier for about three years now, I still haven't seen much of him in the current metagame to say with confidence that he is going to destroy the pool again. Clarke, my favorite bd and bn merchant, is someone who hasn't convinced me as someone who should start in a tournament of this caliber, yet. With unimpressive recent records in UU teamtours, such as a 3-5 in UUPL and a 4-4 in UUSD, he gives me the impression of someone who is more of a tryhard teambuilder than a solid all-around player, but going 2-2 in WCoP and a top 16 finish in UU Open, Clarke is someone who has proven that he can impress. I'll bold Accelgor here because, if he carries on his form from last Snake Draft, he is still one of the most well-rounded players in the pool with his unique read of the game and I think he should be able to dictate the game against Clarke, who has always built great teams and loves to be aggressive, but who also seems to commit too much to his game plan, which makes him somewhat exploitable.

Adaam vs Indigo Plateau - omg Chadaam vs virgin IP in the first week of SCL??? I have a lot of respect for both players and I think both have a lot of metagame knowledge, but I think Adaam's game is a step above IP's. Adaam is the single most consistent performer in UU since he started playing official tournaments, and I think he should be able to dominate the pool, while IP is an UUPL king and a solid builder, although he lacks the individual results Adaam has. This is a game I'm really excited about because I feel like it should be a close game, given both like to take control of the game and are always on touch with the metagame and also because I feel like IP wants to prove that he is able to get results at this level and show he has improved since his last showing in the tour.

Luthier vs mncmt - Luthier vs mncmt??? Luthier wins thi-wait oh my goD HE HAS HS SUPPORT LOOOL.

Gondra vs Askov - This game is very similar to Umbry vs Bushtush in the sense that I think Gondra is the better player, but Askov's playing style should be a nightmare against Gondra. Gondra is very proactive and is usually in control of the game, while Askov thrives in situations where he isn't in control, in part because his timer is always at 5 seconds. I really rate Gondra as a player and I think he is easily a top 5 player in this pool, but I have trust in Askov and I think this is going to be the second "upset" of the week.

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
umbry vs Bushtush both good umbry is more into the tier tho iirc (i dont know shit)
Accel vs LNumbers i believe in accel supremacy
Adaam vs Indigo Plateau i believe in adaam supremacy (ip is dog)
Luthier vs mncmt zzz brazilians. mncmt got this tho
Gondra vs Askov id like to believe in askov supremacy but i cant. sorry askov

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
i dont play uu but i do like money so why not

umbry vs Bushtush
Accel vs LNumbers
Adaam vs Indigo Plateau
Luthier vs mncmt - a wash for sure. smoothier should just click x immediately and spare himself the embarrassment
Gondra
vs Askov

UU: umbry vs Bushtush - this def isnt a wash like ppl will say it is tho. i think people rag on bushs playing ability too much. probably because everyone clowns him naturally, i guess. he did get 2/3 of his uuwc's teams wins so surely that counts for something! anyway umbry is really good at the game. i was told she builds her own teams for uuwc, so it won't be like lily's just feeding her either, making her more than just a slot that'll pilot whatever.

UU: Accel vs LNumbers - hl of the week for sure. clark is just an obscene tryhard. he'll probably abuse discord's reply function to every single response to anything he says in his channel. in our uu snake server he had a very elaborate process in prep when he joined us in finals but ngl i completely forgot what it was. he like bolded shit though. i know he doesn't have any uu team tour experience in officials, but 2-2 in wcop for ur first time in a tier you don't main definitely isn't bad either. his timer usage scares the fuck out of me though. there are a few ppl i've seen who consistently go low on timer but like with clark it just feels like he's nervous as fuck...or maybe i'm just wrong here af LOL. on the other hand accel has done very well for the past two snakes and unless he's playing a brazilian he makes games look easy. like especially his game vs cbu last year, that was a soul read. based off that i'll have to pick him.

UU: Adaam vs Indigo Plateau - i rate adaam super super highly so there's like not a whole lot to say about this. i have no idea what adaam's support is ngl and im too lazy to check but ip does have some interesting support in pdt and avarice, and while they both can come up with stuff somewhere in the range of crack and nonsense sometimes ip has a good enough judgement call to filter out anything that might be bad, but adaam is someone who gives confidence either way

UU: Luthier vs mncmt - idk what it is but my gut doesn't trust luthier for this one. it's not like there's a significant skill gap between the two, theyre both very good, and they both have good support...robjr is one of the goats for uu and has hs as well so it's not particularly like luthier's lost. highways is there to help out mncmt as well, ngl i haven't actually seen a highways game in months aside from uu classic but he's had a good tenure in gen 8 so building wise mncmt is covered and will prob take his own spin on things as well. its just a bad omen. i think mncmt will "tilt" luthier, i guess. maybe. idk "it could go either way" whatever

UU: Gondra vs Askov - like ru im predicting my own teammate because karma. go askov

Lyssa

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
umbry vs Bushtush
Accel vs LNumbers
Adaam vs Indigo Plateau
Luthier vs mncmt - Highlight of week 1 imo. I see this as the closest mu in these pairings and it's two good tour players piloting brazilian shit. It's gonna be chaotic but i hope it's still gonna turn out in a decent game. Hope hs can do better than rest amoonguss this time.
Gondra vs Askov

umbry vs Bushtush -> Happy to see umbry have been doing well this year and more happy to see bushtush back to play UU in a big tour <3, gl both.
Accel vs LNumbers -> Not sure how numbers play at all but I always have liked Accelgor
Adaam vs Indigo Plateau -> Both are good players, I think will be more close that it seems but I favored Adaam here
Luthier vs mncmt -> Maybe the 2 players with more skill in the pool, good one to see. I favored luthier for the better support he has.
Gondra vs Askov -> I cant not not bold Gondra in any situation in my life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)