Scolipede

How well would a Scolipede do with Iron Defense and a baton pass to 252 Defense 252 spdef. blissey? :P It would probably wall everything XD.(I'm probably missing some thing, but the only thing I can think of is Chip Away.)

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Just bumping this because I 100% agree that this needs a Life Orb set as soon as possible.

Something along the lines of:

Life Orb
########
name: Life Orb
move 1: Protect
move 2: Megahorn
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Poison Jab / Rock Slide
ability: Speed Boost
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Maybe slash Jolly after Adamant to outspeed Deo-S, Scarf Garchomp/Terrakion/Keldeo/Latios at +1 but forcing a situation where you can get +2 (killing something then protecting after they come in etc) isn't really difficult so it's not a very strong option. Maybe slash Swords Dance after Protect but you won't find many times where you'll use it so it's not a very strong option either. I'd mention Jolly in set comments at the very least, though. I'd even make a case for it being the first set since it's a terrific cleaner against Offense and Stall alike.

Not much else to say. I know you have plenty of experience with this thing dragonuser so I trust you to point out everything that needs to be pointed out.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
No mention of Baton Pass as an option for the LO cleaner? Gives more utility to Scolipede and lets him be much more useful before cleanup time.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
I don't like it because you generally send this in just to clean up. Anything before that is probably to soon, you don't use it to check stuff midgame but generally just once you can pull off a clean sweep lategame. It also desperately needs the coverage or you it won't actually finish off the shit it wants to finish off lategame.

For example, dropping Rock Slide/Poison Jab leaves you completely walled by Charizard Y. Dropping Earthquake means that you can't kill Aegislash at around half anymore. There are just too many scenarios where you will be missing crucial coverage that lets you clean up, especially since having extra coverage allows your team to be more "lenient" when wearing down stuff (having only to damage Keldeo until it has barely more than half of its health remaining so Poison Jab kills instead of getting it down to 40% to KO with EQ/Megahorn, for example). Having the additional move is probably more "team support" than Baton Pass on that set, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Basically seconding everything Cbb said, although poison jab should be strongly encouraged over rock slide, as besides zard y every rock slide target has to be hit on the switch, and poison jab does a bunch anyways, meanwhile, being able to kill clefable and azumarill is huge, as both are meta defining Pokemon

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just bumping this because I 100% agree that this needs a Life Orb set as soon as possible.

Something along the lines of:

Life Orb
########
name: Life Orb
move 1: Protect
move 2: Megahorn
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Poison Jab / Rock Slide
ability: Speed Boost
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Maybe slash Jolly after Adamant to outspeed Deo-S, Scarf Garchomp/Terrakion/Keldeo/Latios at +1 but forcing a situation where you can get +2 (killing something then protecting after they come in etc) isn't really difficult so it's not a very strong option. Maybe slash Swords Dance after Protect but you won't find many times where you'll use it so it's not a very strong option either. I'd mention Jolly in set comments at the very least, though. I'd even make a case for it being the first set since it's a terrific cleaner against Offense and Stall alike.

Not much else to say. I know you have plenty of experience with this thing dragonuser so I trust you to point out everything that needs to be pointed out.
This is back to page 3, and nothing's happened. Pede absolutely needs an offensive set. I'd suggest bringing this back to QC stage so CBB's set can be looked over.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Can we remove the Toxic Spikes slash from the first set and just move give it a small mention?
Toxic Spikes really suck in this metagame there is so much stuff that is immune to it and a lot of stuff that isn't doesn't even care about it, it is only really useful against stall which always carries M-Venu or a defogger like Skarm, Mandibuzz, Zapdos all of them can switch in with impunity and defog, phaze or attack it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)