SV OU Screens HO feat. Deoxys Speed (Peak 1828 - #89)

Introduction:

Top of the morning to ya lads, welcome back to another top tier team I cooked up JUST for you guys. I thought it was absolutely criminal that something as good as :Deoxys-speed: ended up in UU, I mean that MF has been banned for years now, so I thought I’d give it some justice on the ladder. Although it’s not the main star of the show, without its presence the squad would not be able to shine as much as it does. No shitmon for today, just a genuine team.

Pokepaste:

:Deoxys-speed::Serperior::roaring_moon::kingambit::volcarona::hatterene:
https://pokepast.es/4b3193e84f264122

Proof of Peak:

IMG_4333.jpeg

The Team:
IMG_4339.png

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psycho Boost

The “featured” Mon for this team, :deoxys-speed: provides excellent hazard and set up denial with Taunt and blazing fast screens set up. Honestly, :Deoxys-speed: is probably the best screens setter in the tier right now despite being UU, which is an absolute crime. I mean, the amount of viable sets you can run on this thing is insane, like we really let :Iron_boulder: stay in the tier but let this beast drop. Psycho Boost is used to help break lead sash :Glimmora: and for consistent damage in a pinch. Tera Steel is used to resist priority from :dragonite: and :Rillaboom: in a pinch, however you should almost never be using your Tera on this guy. Overall, very helpful and versatile Mon that should be OU but isn’t for some reason.
IMG_4343.png

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Nuzzle

Probably the most important part of the squad, I was extremely both surprised and impressed with the amount of matchups :Hatterene: was able to patch up. The team needed some form of hazard control outside of :Deoxys-speed: as well as a way to hit :Clodsire:, and Hatterene fit the bill perfectly. With Psyshock, you’re able to nail the aforementioned :Clodsire: and :Blissey: for huge damage, and the combo of Draining Kiss + Leftovers, making you extremely tough to take down. Nuzzle is opted over Mystical Fire in order to slow threats such as :Gholdengo: and :Kingambit:, since you’re not outspeeding them anyway, and crippling them is usually preferable for later encounters. Tera water is used to take clutch Iron Heads and Make It Rains if you end up getting a lot of boosts, since the only thing that can rvenge kill u at that point is :Rillaboom:. Very underrated pick, if u take anyway anything from this rmt it would be to use :Hatterene:.
IMG_4341.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Glare
- Dragon Pulse

An important part of the show, :serperior: is an excellent sweeper with the combination of bi th contrary and leaf storm. Tera Ground Tera Blast allows you to absolutely nail big special walls the normally wall Leaf Storm, mainly :Heatran: and :slowking-galar:, and Glare is on the moveset as a last resort gambit or to predict a counterpick Pokémon on the switch and cripple them. Although Substitute is normally in the last slot, I found that glare is usually better to use when predicting a switch anyways, so Dragon Pulse was opted for instead to hit all the dragon types running around the tier, especially :gouging_fire:, :raging_bolt:, :Kyurem:, and :roaring_moon: after being paralyzed. Overall, a very good Mon for any HO team.

IMG_4338.png

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

The classic Roaring Moon set with Tera Flying to boost the power of Acrobatics and resist fighting moves from threats like :zamazenta: in a pinch. After running Taunt for a while, I have come to the conclusion that Earthquake is overall better since you lose to big stall anyways and so u can hit stuff like :Kingambit:, :raging_bolt: and :gouging_fire:. Knock Off is the dark STAB of choice for big damage and to get rid of those pesky Rocky Helmets from physical walls.
IMG_4340.png

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Another very standard set for the speed boosting special sweeper of the squad. An offensive set was chosen over the Tera Dragon variant to minimize an over reliance on Terastilization, as :Serperior: needs tera blast to function properly. So instead, I’ve opted for a Tera Grass set to take neutral damage from Rock moves and get boosted power on Giga Drain for stuff like :Primarina:, as well as for increased sustainability. Bug Buzz is the Bug STAB of choice for its sheer power, and although Flamethrower is more reliable, Fiery Dance can just be so clutch in certain scenarios.
IMG_4342.png

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Do I even need to explain this one. It’s :kingambit:. Everyone knows what this dude does. Iron Head is good for :clefable: and :hatterene:, and it has Black Glasses for extra damage. Jolly nature to outspeed :Corviknight: and :Skarmory: in the endgame. Sucker Punch for priority and Kowtow Kleave for big damage and mind games. Swords Dance cause this is an HO team. Tera Dark for ground neutrality and extra damage. I’m sorry but is there like a default description people can use for :kingambit: since this Mon is like everywhere? If you’re going to keep it here you might as well make it as painless as possible for the rest of us.

Replays:

Vs. Court Change :Cinderace:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2082612412?p2

Vs. Hazard Balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2082699242?p2

Epic :Kingambit: Sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2082413868

Conclusion:

Congrats on making it this far. This is gonna be my last RMT for a while, so I hope u guys enjoy using this team. Anyways, I still think it’s wild that Blunder actually used my :lapras: team, and I’m super thankful that people enjoyed using it. Peace out Agency, and remember, don’t get 6-0d by :Kyurem: on the ladder.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)