SV UU Screens HO ft. Weakness Policy Iron Crown

Hi everyone,

Ever since Iron Crown dropped to UU I decided to try to make a team around it. It's one of my favorite setup sweepers, but because of the ground types and Kingambit it didn't do well and dropped to UU, where it did well, to nobody's surprise. I tried to fit it onto other teams; Psychic Seed on Psychic Terrain, Booster setup on Balance/HO, Iron Defense Calm Mind to boost both defenses, and even an assault vest pivot set. I finally settled on a Weakness Policy Calm Mind/Agility Set that I came across on the forums (credit to This Post by Goro Yagami) and paired it with Grimmsnarl and 4 other great pokemon.

The Team

:Grimmsnarl:-:Iron Crown:-:Garchomp:-:Ogerpon:-:Azumarill:-:Iron Moth:

Set Explanations

:Grimmsnarl:

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Reflect and Light Screen are great for screens, and Grimm is a classic pick for any Screens HO team. Taunt is used to shut down hazard leads such as :Garchomp: and shut down setup sweepers such as opposing :Iron Crowns: planning to take advantage of Grimm being somewhat passive. Parting Shot is to make sure that the mon switching in takes little damage with screens and -1 attack stats from the opponent and can force switches, giving mons crucial turns to either set up or get free damage. I used Grimmsnarl compared to Ninetales-Alola because you don't instantly lose to Scizor and because of Grimm's bulk, after reflect Scizor 4HKOs (252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 102-121 (25.8 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO).

:Iron Crown:

Iron Crown @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 200 HP / 176 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

This is the Iron Crowns set mentioned above. I made a change by replacing Tachyon Cutter with Focus Blast, as it hits dark types and steel types which normally give Stored Power a hard time. The plan is to Parting Shot/hard switch into a Knock off from :Tornadus-Therian: or a -1 Earthquake from :Garchomp: to activate Weakness Policy. If they switch, it's a free Agility/CM/damage. The only downside to using Weakness Policy that I can see is that it's harder to play around :Mandibuzz:, as after a Weakness Policy proc it 2HKO's with Focus Miss Blast vs non-Leftovers Mandibuzz and has a 78.5% chance to 2HKO Leftovers Mandibuzz. In these cases, you can either Tera or straight up gamble.

:Garchomp:

Garchomp @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is the standard offensive Garchomp. Scale Shot makes your already alright speed into a nice 499, and after 2 scale shots you're at 666 speed, outspeeding even the fabled Scarf Greninja. Swords Dance is there to take advantages of forced switches/passive mons, but you still hit hard even unboosted. EQ is Garchomp's best STAB, and Stone edge hits pesky birds like :Zapdos: and :Mandibuzz:. Pretty basic Garchomp set.

:Ogerpon:

Ogerpon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Horn Leech
- Knock Off

Ogerpon is a solid pick for any HO team. Packing a solid speed stat and a nice base 120 attack, it hits hard. Defiant discourages Defog from literally anything but :Mandibuzz: and punishes Webs teams hard, especially if you Tera for the speed boost. Horn Leech + Life Orb ensures that it heals from the previous turn's LO chip and Play Rough and Knock Off are good moves that hit hard.

:Azumarill:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Azumarill is a solid Belly Drum option and an even better priority user. Aqua Jet and Play Rough are its stabs, and once again, Knock Off hits hard reliably. Belly Drum works well with screens because Azumarill becomes one tanky rabbit, and it rarely goes to less than 25% health, meaning that you'll reliably get off your Belly Drum. After a Belly Drum, you'd just click Aqua Jet for maximum priority damage or click Knock or Play Rough to hinder walls. Beware of TankChomp since you'll be taking around 28-29% recoil per turn from Helmet+Rough Skin and 12% after Helmet's knocked off.

:Iron Moth:

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

Iron moth is the team's Scizor answer. It can switch in with screens, but even without screens it can take hits from Scizor reliably, and can take advantage of the switch with Substitute or predict a switch with any other attacks. Dazzling Gleam hits Garchomp, which usually comes in after Scizor, Fiery Dance is solid STAB, and Energy Ball hits Ground types for super effective damage. The Moth is EV'd to get a Booster Speed boost, but under webs it gets a SpA boost instead as Booster procs after webs.

Weaknesses/Bad Matchups

-:Scizor: : Since Bullet Punch hits before Reflect goes up, you'd want to end the game quickly so Grimmsnarl sustains minimum damage, which should be fine as this team is a HO team anyways. Even Iron Moth, a textbook Scizor counter, gets worn down by hazard, substitute, and Bullet Punch switch-in damage.

-Sticky Webs teams: This team has little to no hazard control and no boots users. However, it's a hyper offense team, meaning that speed boosts are instrumental to the team style. Ogerpon can give webs teams a scare, but ultimately gets outsped and killed. Azumarill and Iron Crown helps the most, as Azu has priority and Crown has Agility to boost speed.

-:Mandibuzz: : Mandibuzz defogs screens and can nail +2 Ogerpon with a devastating Foul Play, while Ogerpon struggles to hit it as Mandibuzz is too fat for even +2 Ogerpon's Play Rough to kill. You can switch out Play Rough or Knock for Encore to solve this problem. Mandibuzz also outspeeds and kills Azumarill (mandibuzz runs 16 speed EVs now). I guess you can predict Mandibuzz by clicking Play Rough, but that seems unreliable.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to give feedback!

Last edited:
Cool team and extremely emblematic of the state of the tier right now. Always love to see new UU RMTs!

Offense is extremely fun to play because, to some level, you can pick what beats you more than most playstyles. If you're struggling against Webs + Scizor, I think there are two main changes you can make:

:azumarill: :sitrus berry: --> :quaquaval: :heavy duty boots:
Quaquaval @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
This set is admittedly a little bit awkward to use and also doesn't threaten to just brute force your way through as many teams as Azumarill. The good news, however, is that it shores up weaknesses to both Scizor and Webs without shattering the team. Quaquaval can pretty easily take over games behind screens with SD + Aqua Step + Moxie. Being forced into running Rapid Spin does suck - the lack of Knock Off or Ice Spinner means that your matchups versus things like Sinistcha are pretty difficult. The good thing about Quaquaval, though, is that Sinistcha is pretty problematic for Azumarill anyway (as are other things that beat Quaquaval, such as Toxapex) - that means you're not disrupting the role of Azumarill on the team. Quaquaval also does much better into Scizor (although it does weaken your matchup versus Mandibuzz).

:ogerpon:
Play Rough --> Encore

I presume that Play Rough is on this team in order to soften the matchup into things like Mandibuzz. However, as you mentioned, even +2 Play Rough fails to KO Mandibuzz. I think Encore could be extremely helpful for the Mandibuzz matchup as you can lock it into Defog on the switch (which appears to be especially punishing, as Mandibuzz is likely to try and Defog screens vs Grimmsnarl). This opens up the following series of plays:
:grimmsnarl: v. :lokix:
Turn 1: Grimmsnarl uses Reflect; Lokix U-Turns into Mandibuzz
:grimmsnarl: v. :mandibuzz:
Turn 2: You switch to Ogerpon as Mandibuzz uses Defog
:ogerpon: v. :mandibuzz:
Turn 3: Ogerpon uses Encore and locks Mandibuzz into Defog, preventing Mandibuzz from OHKOing Ogerpon with Foul Play
:ogerpon: v. :mandibuzz:
Turn 4: +4 Ogerpon nukes something with Ivy Cudgel. Mandibuzz, if it stays in, has a 99.6% to be 2hko'd (without factoring in the high crit chance of Ivy Cudgel)
I think those two changes can help deal with both Mandibuzz and Scizor while still keeping the cohesiveness that makes this team work. Let me know if you give these a try and how they work for you!

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi! Since it's a HO teams I can provide some suggestions for this teams and some changes which can make the team better and work more efficiently. Here are my suggestions listed
1) :kommo-o: --> :garchomp:
Now there are a few reasons why I prefer Kommo-o over garchomp.
  • Kommo-o's signature move Clangorus Soul gives u boost in all stats and loses hp but u can recover it with drain punches, one thing that garchomp can't
  • Kommo-o can be both physical and special attackers which means oppo doesn't know what set ur running
  • Sub + clang soul boosts means salt cure can't hit u and u basically with the match and sweep ur oppo with ease
My suggested sets are both physical and special attackers. Choose whichever u like
:sv/Kommo-o: :leftovers:
(Kommo-o) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Clangorous Soul
- Iron Head
- Substitute
This kommo-o set beats Mandibuzz so don't worry about that mon anymore
:sv/kommo-o: :throat spray:
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Boomburst
- Drain Punch
- Clangorous Soul
U can choose any one from these sets. I prefer the first one most as it fits well with your team. If u want then u can try the second one as well

2) Change :azumarill: into :Scizor:
Azu and Scizor both r priority hitters but according to me Scizor is a much more valuable and useful Pokemon than azumarill because you don't need to rely on belly drum to set up. Also Scizor has much better Atk stats to hit harder than azumarill. This can be very useful in late games. My suggested set is
:sv/Scizor: :life orb:
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal / Steel
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack / Close Combat / U-Turn
Here Tera Normal Quick Attack does the same thing like Scizor Bullet punch. Close combat helps a lot too as a fighting move option and u turn helps u keep momentum and switch to others freely. Other moves are common for any Scizor set.

3) Tera Grass --> Tera Fairy on :iron moth:
The main reason behind this is that this helps u turn ur weakness into a resistance. It means that Ground Mons and especially :garganacl: Garganacl cant touch u with salt cure and also boosts ur Energy ball which hits Tera Water Garg as well. I like using this moth set a lot and it fits well with this team specially. My suggested set is
:sv/iron moth: :booster energy:
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Dazzling Gleam / Sludge Wave / Psychic
- Substitute
- Energy Ball
Tera Grass Energy ball hits garganacl freely.
Boosted Dazzling Gleam also kills Latios and Garchomp. Psychic counters opposing moths and other moves r common for this mon.

4) Encore --> Play Rough on :ogerpon:
Since it is already mentioned by Geopolitics, I would try to end this shortly. So yeah, encore helps u vs garganacl a lot and also helps u to set up vs other options that are defensive. It block ur oppo into a fixed move which means u can kill ur opposing mons and win. My suggested set for ogerpon will be
:sv/ogerpon: :life orb: / :heavy-duty-boots:
Ogerpon (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Encore
- Horn Leech / Power Whip / Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off / Play Rough
I gave some alternative options to Horn Leech since they r stronger that it but can't recover ur HP. Rest moves are swords dance for set up and Knock off for metagross / play rough for mandibuzz and encore to set up freely vs other mons. Tera gives u a free speed boost which means u can set up freely and encore freely as well.

Alternative Options
:sv/cinccino: :loaded dice:
Cinccino @ Loaded Dice
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Tail Slap
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
:sv/terrakion: :life orb:
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
:sv/ogerpon-cornerstone: :cornerstone mask:
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
:sv/Greninja: :life orb:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Pokepaste
Version 1 - :Grimmsnarl: :iron crown: :kommo-o: :ogerpon: :Scizor: :iron moth:
Version 2 - :Grimmsnarl: :iron crown: :kommo-o: :ogerpon: :Scizor: :cinccino:
Click the sprites for pokepaste

Conclusion
Overall the team looks cool and I like it a lot. Gz on peaking the ladder and I tried my best to mention all the changes that could make the team better. Good luck laddering and Have fun. Thank you!
:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Hi! Since it's a HO teams I can provide some suggestions for this teams and some changes which can make the team better and work more efficiently. Here are my suggestions listed
1) :kommo-o: --> :garchomp:
Now there are a few reasons why I prefer Kommo-o over garchomp.
  • Kommo-o's signature move Clangorus Soul gives u boost in all stats and loses hp but u can recover it with drain punches, one thing that garchomp can't
  • Kommo-o can be both physical and special attackers which means oppo doesn't know what set ur running
  • Sub + clang soul boosts means salt cure can't hit u and u basically with the match and sweep ur oppo with ease
My suggested sets are both physical and special attackers. Choose whichever u like
:sv/Kommo-o: :leftovers:
(Kommo-o) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Clangorous Soul
- Iron Head
- Substitute
This kommo-o set beats Mandibuzz so don't worry about that mon anymore
:sv/kommo-o: :throat spray:
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Boomburst
- Drain Punch
- Clangorous Soul
U can choose any one from these sets. I prefer the first one most as it fits well with your team. If u want then u can try the second one as well

2) Change :azumarill: into :Scizor:
Azu and Scizor both r priority hitters but according to me Scizor is a much more valuable and useful Pokemon than azumarill because you don't need to rely on belly drum to set up. Also Scizor has much better Atk stats to hit harder than azumarill. This can be very useful in late games. My suggested set is
:sv/Scizor: :life orb:
Scizor @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Normal / Steel
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack / Close Combat / U-Turn
Here Tera Normal Quick Attack does the same thing like Scizor Bullet punch. Close combat helps a lot too as a fighting move option and u turn helps u keep momentum and switch to others freely. Other moves are common for any Scizor set.

3) Tera Grass --> Tera Fairy on :iron moth:
The main reason behind this is that this helps u turn ur weakness into a resistance. It means that Ground Mons and especially :garganacl: Garganacl cant touch u with salt cure and also boosts ur Energy ball which hits Tera Water Garg as well. I like using this moth set a lot and it fits well with this team specially. My suggested set is
:sv/iron moth: :booster energy:
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Dazzling Gleam / Sludge Wave / Psychic
- Substitute
- Energy Ball
Tera Grass Energy ball hits garganacl freely.
Boosted Dazzling Gleam also kills Latios and Garchomp. Psychic counters opposing moths and other moves r common for this mon.

4) Encore --> Play Rough on :ogerpon:
Since it is already mentioned by Geopolitics, I would try to end this shortly. So yeah, encore helps u vs garganacl a lot and also helps u to set up vs other options that are defensive. It block ur oppo into a fixed move which means u can kill ur opposing mons and win. My suggested set for ogerpon will be
:sv/ogerpon: :life orb: / :heavy-duty-boots:
Ogerpon (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Encore
- Horn Leech / Power Whip / Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off / Play Rough
I gave some alternative options to Horn Leech since they r stronger that it but can't recover ur HP. Rest moves are swords dance for set up and Knock off for metagross / play rough for mandibuzz and encore to set up freely vs other mons. Tera gives u a free speed boost which means u can set up freely and encore freely as well.

Alternative Options
:sv/cinccino: :loaded dice:
Cinccino @ Loaded Dice
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Tail Slap
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
:sv/terrakion: :life orb:
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
:sv/ogerpon-cornerstone: :cornerstone mask:
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
:sv/Greninja: :life orb:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Pokepaste
Version 1 - :Grimmsnarl: :iron crown: :kommo-o: :ogerpon: :Scizor: :iron moth:
Version 2 - :Grimmsnarl: :iron crown: :kommo-o: :ogerpon: :Scizor: :cinccino:
Click the sprites for pokepaste

Conclusion
Overall the team looks cool and I like it a lot. Gz on peaking the ladder and I tried my best to mention all the changes that could make the team better. Good luck laddering and Have fun. Thank you!
:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Thanks! Will consider the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)