Battle Stadium Head
It's every casual trainer's dream; all the OP, unfair, and boring Legendary Pokemon that plague our fair Battle Spot Singles metagame are finally BANNED. Not only that, but the WORST INVENTION EVER aka Mega Evolutions are also banned. This means everyone can now focus on winning with their favorites!
- 3v3 singles battles, 6v6 team preview
- Mons will be forced to level 50 no matter what level they are in your battle box
- Standard item clause
- Mega Stones are banned
- Standard Battle Spot banlist: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora, and Ash-Greninja
- As well as: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Type: Null, Silvally, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka, and Blacephalon.
- Pokemon transferred from older games are allowed.
This looks really interesting, with a heap of the regular BSS threats gone, but Z moves still allowed, I think we'll see a lot of things like Kommo-o, Porygon-Z, and Volcarona causing havoc. I'm personally just going to spam Vivillon myself.
Here's the BSS viability rankings minus the banned mons just for a quick look at what is available/good. We will add/remove from the list as the meta forms:
Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.
A+Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Battle Spot Singles metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be overlooked when compared to their positive traits.
B+Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the format. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.
Reserved for Pokemon that have a niche in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. These Pokemon fill unique roles that are valuable on certain teams but have numerous flaws that hold them back. Pokemon in this rank may actually outperform those in higher ranks with specific team support but often depend too much on their teammates to function.
Tagging The Immortal / LegoFigure11 / Marty to hopefully get the format on PS