Season 35 (Week 7 [SV OU #4]) Won by MichaelderBeste2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, welcome back to another OverUsed tutorial. Yes, it is me, Champion Volo Raihan Alder Peony Wallace. Today I will show you a simple yet effective OU trap that trainers of any rating will be guaranteed to fall for. It is a variation of the Tangela Gambit, and I will show you why it is so effective. We will start with a standard lead, Nidoking's Pawniard to E4. Black responds with the Kantonian Defense, Vespiquen's Pawniard to D5. The natural move would be to knock out black's Pawniard. However, in the Tangela Gambit we will sacrifice this Pawniard. We will play Corviknight to F3. Black responds by knocking our Pawniard out, attacking our Corviknight. Now we will move our Corviknight to F5, saving the Pokémon and attacking black's Pawniard. To defend the hanging Pawniard, black plays Corviknight Switcheroo, giving its held item to another mon. We will move our Pawmot to D3. Black is already ahead in material, and so they will accept the sacrifice. Now we will set up our Bisharp and knock out the Pawniard on D3. Now you have essentially won the game. Black plays Pawniard to H6, attacking the Corviknight. We can move the Bisharp to G6 to check black. Black cannot switch out his Kingambit because the Bisharp is now attacking this entire corridor. Black once again has no choice but to attack with their Kingambit. Black's Vespiquen is now weakened after we sacrificed a Corviknight and Bisharp. The next move is obvious. We can spam a 252 Attack Adamant Strong Jaw Choice Band Dracovish Fishous Rend to attack black's remaining Pokémon. However, if you are low ladder in OU, you can use a garunteed one hit knock-out instead. In this example, we will use a 252 Special Attack Modest Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Chi-Yu Overheat in Sun. Now watch very carefully as we maneuver our Chi-Yu to an effective position that can control the field. As you can see, our attack was a success. White now has a material advantage and is ahead in the setup of their Pokémon.
in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)