Seasonal Ladder - Average August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Average August

First of August, time for a new Seasonal!
There are two teams in the new seasonal, Kyogre's Pirates or Groudon's Sailor Crew. Each player has a 50% chance to be member of either. When Kyogre's team is ready to raze Groudon's ship, a summer storm starts (thanks, Kyogre) and a big hurricane makes a giant Wailord to hit the ships, and they begin to sink. There aren't enough lifeboats for everyone, so trainers must fight to gain the right to use them unless they wanna swim back to land.

Since it's a dangerous situation, all Pokémon get Perish Song upon switch in. Additionally, all members of Kyogre's crew get Thick Fat as an ability and Hurricane as an attack, while Groudon's Sailors get Tinted Lens or Water Absorb and V-Create. Since battles must be fast (you're fighting for your lives), this month the Seasonal is in the Doubles Battle format.

alakazam, arbok, arcanine, arceusfire, bibarel, bisharp, blaziken, blissey, cacturne, chandelure, chansey, chansey, charizard, cloyster, conkeldurr, druddigon, electivire, emboar, entei, exploud, gardevoir, genesect, golurk, hariyama, heatran, infernape, jellicent, lilligant, lucario, luxray, machamp, machoke, machop, magmortar, meloetta, onix, poliwrath, primeape, smeargle, snorlax, toxicroak, typhlosion, weezing

absol, arceusflying, cofagrigus, crobat, darkrai, delibird, dragonite, ducklett, garchomp, gengar, golem, gothitelle, honchkrow, krookodile, landorus, ludicolo, mandibuzz, pelipper, pidgeot, pidgey, sableye, scizor, scyther, sharpedo, shiftry, skarmory, staraptor, swanna, thundurus, thundurustherian, tornadus, tornadustherian, tyranitar, volcarona, wailord, weavile, whimsicott, wingull, zoroark

Link to old seasonal

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Name it something like Arrr... August please? Average August doesn't seem to fit

I like this idea though! Will it be rainy weather all the way?

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Because all pokes other than Kyogre/Groudon have the same abilities and somemoves, average does fit kinda. BTW Joim, I got a set of groudon mons all with water absorb instead of tinted lens. Is that supposed to happen ?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Because all pokes other than Kyogre/Groudon have the same abilities and somemoves, average does fit kinda. BTW Joim, I got a set of groudon mons all with water absorb instead of tinted lens. Is that supposed to happen ?
Yes.

Joim

Pixels matter
I've updated the Seasonal, so after the next hotpatch/restart it will be better. After some deliberation I've decided the Arceuses keep Multitype too, so they have a STAB and resists instead of rusing it (too confusing). Machop line will get Close Combat instead of DynamicPunch, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)