ORAS UU Second Wind: Whimsikrow Offense

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor

Second Wind: Whimsikrow Offense
(Banner coming very soon)

Introduction
Hello Everyone! LittleRunnerXC here(yeah I Know I say that all the time) and today I am bringing you my 3rd ever RMT, and my best one at that. Now in the past, my other RMT's Bees and Magnets and Adaptability, were admittively not the best teams, as they had many issues. But over the past 3-4 months, I have gotten much better at battling, and really want to show people that I dont just hang out in chat, and teambuild, I can battle, maybe not the best, but I can battle. Now, I did get pretty high on the ladder, but definetly not the best.
Also just a side note, I was at about 1550 I believe, but I got too confident and didn't take a picture, and then decided to choke against Feather Dance Empoleon, and then a legit loss to someone else.

Without further do I present to you Second Wind: Whimsikrow Offense

Backstory
Now a little bit of a backstory, and what this team means to me, name wise, and just life wise. To be honest, life lately hasn't been the greatest, as I have been struggling with my Running Injuries for a while now, I am near the end of recovery(Just having to work on drills because my form is off, as I now have the needed strength gains((for all you runners out there)) ). But honestly, I really need a tailwind in my life right now. I really need a Second Wind, to pull me out of this rut, and get back to my running, and enjoying everything. Yes, I do have pokemon, and I have God, but the only reason I came on here, is because I was injured, and school wasn't going so hot. Right now, I need a second wind, just like in running, to pull you through the race, and all the way to victory. It gets tough in the middle of a race, and you need to get that second burst of energy, that kick all the way to the finish, aka a Second Wind

Teambuilding
So the teambuilding of this team, was a very long process, and took many tries before I finally got the perfect combination of 4 mons to go with Whimsikrow, but basically it went through 3 stages, so get ready for a ramble.
Stage 1-
Big shoutout to Horsehead-3 as he helped me a ton on this first stage. He also won about 7 room tours with this first team, and will be excited for this best version :)

Ah, this is where it began. I really wanted to build around something really cool, and something I felt was good in that current meta, and even after Alakazam dropped.

This is where it got cool. I realized, that Whimsicott is just the perfect partner for Honchkrow, as it can take out the faster dark and fighting types that Honchkrow struggles with, as well as resisting electric. Whimsicott aloud the core to gain momentum, in the form of encore, u-turn, and originally stun spore, but later I tried out Tailwind, and realized that it just works SO well

So from here, I needed a better counter to ice types, and really wanted a nice Special Win condition in NP infernape, this really helped my matchup against steel and dark types, and could clear through some threats to Honchkrow.

So here is when the team got a little messy, Gyarados and Cobalion gave the team many useful resists, even though its a HO team, and gave us a speed boosting sweeper, as well as a way to go through common balance mons, such as Florges, Blissey. To be honest, I forgot why else we chose these mons (DD Gyara and SD Cobalion), but they did work pretty well. Also, I dont like having 2 rock weak mons, on a hyper offense team, that isnt like heavy offense.

Lastly, Nidoking was added as a nice special wallbreaker, a volt switch immunity, and someone who could make use of tailwind. Also gave us a rock user.

Now the issues with this team, is that is was pretty reliant on tailwind, and just was super weak to some common mons in the metagame, especially after alakazam dropped. Alakazam was a huge issue, Chandelure destroyed, and the team was literally 6-0'd by Cresselia. The team overall just didnt have that much synergy as well, but Horsehead-3 did make it work I must say

Stage 2
A rather quick stage, as I thought this team was pretty good, but again, just didnt step up to some threats and was a little gimmicky

So this was the core I started with again, as they all worked very well together

So here I felt like Nidoqueen>Nidoking would be very helpful. As I felt like if I am using it for rocks, I might as well go for the better bulk in nidoqueen, and also still make use of tailwind. The funny thing was this was actually max speed nidoqueen, which is a cool set for Hyper Offense teams as this outspeeds non invested base 100's, and yes the ones with 36 speed invested as well. Also gave me useful resists and rocks and wallbreaking and such.

This is where the team actually got a lot better. Sharpedo gave me some dark spam, which the team really used well, and gave me a reliable way of beating cresselia and other bulky psychic types, and a speed boosting sweeper, that can hit hard and fast. Also running destiny bond to clear the way for Infernape, Tyrantrum, or Honchkrow to sweep. Tyrantrum was here to give me a solid extremespeed resist, and a nice dragon sweeper, since it was running Dragon Dance.

Again however, this team felt really gimmicky, and it just didn't perform well again, as it was too slow off the bat, and again relied on tailwind. Also had no heliolisk switchin, and struggled against many common defensive cores such as Blissey and Mega-Aggron.

Stage 3- The Final Stage
This is where I took a break, and really needed to look over Whimsikrow, and what it struggled with, and what it worked against, and really analysed the metagame as well, and this is where it all came together.

This is where I finally found my groove. I realized that NP Infernape was actually the issue, as it left my team open to to many weaknesses, and made my last mons run specific movesets and limit the possibilites. NP Lucario gave me a solid steel typing, which I realize is needed on so many HO teams these days, as it resists so many priority moves, including extremespeed, ice shard, and bullet punch. Not to mention just being good offensively as well. (Will go more into depth on Analysis)

Aerodactyl was then added as a solid HO lead, as I felt the team really needed to shine. This kept hazards off of my side of the field, as well as shutting down other leads and setting up rocks of my own. The set I run is also fine tuned for this team, as you will see in the analysis. This also gave me some better matchups, and led me to my final mons (see what I did there). Also big shotout to Hogg and His RMT for introducing me and so many other people to lead aerodactyl, as before that RMT it was super overlooked.

The next mon just fit wayy to well; and this was Mega-Swampert. Mega-Swampert gave me that speed boosting sweeper, and a ground type, as well as a offensive counter to fire types, poison types, electric types, etc. Swampert also gave me some more bulk to the team, which even though it is Hyper Offense, every team enjoys.

Alakazam fit perfectly in the last slot, as this gave me a solid special wallbreaker, as well as another set up sweeper that matches up well against stall (Calm Mind Alakazam). I also like Alakazam because I felt like it made me less weak to hazard stack, and can pressure so many teams these days, even though its a new addition. Also, on a smaller note, gave me another psychic and fighting ""resist""

So this is where I did even more testing, and listened to your guys rates, the changes to the team will be explained at the end of the RMT.

And there ya go! That stupidly long teambuilding process that you probably wont read.

Thesis
Apply Offensive pressure to the opponnet through wallbreakers and sweepers, and clean up late game with tailwind support from whimsicott to allow the team to plow through offensive and defensive threats.

Analysis
Now onto the team Analysis, which covers what role each member of my team does, and how to play Whimsikrow correctly.
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

So, the star of the show, Honchkrow is a frikkin beast. I think everyone can agree that Honchkrow is like one of those mons you forget and dont prepare for, and get swept by it, like Cloyster, Slurpuff, Haxorus, etc. Honchkrow's ability to sweep uprepared teams is actually astounding, from testing it way to many times. This exact set is in my opinion the best, as Roost rarely is used on Honchkrow, because it never finds time to roost up on something, nor is roost Honchkrow something you would see on HO. Standard set pretty much, with Superpower being super useful in hitting steel types and dark types super effectively, and not having the recoil of brave bird, and pursuit for pursuit trapping ofc.

This is the No1 counter to Honchkrow, as tailwind doesnt matter here, it still walls it. In this situation, you need to decide if honchkrow can come back in, because if it is at some health loss, and there are rocks up, just stay in and superpower. Other than that, just switch into Swampert or Lucario, as they can potentially set up on Mega-Aggron. Watch out for Roar/Earthquake however.

Cobalion is a good counter to Honchkrow, that is out of tailwind. Without tailwind, honchkrow should switch out of Cobalion. The best route is usually to go into Swampert, and then fire off a waterfall, or possibly set up a Rain Dance. Under tailwind however, fire off a Superpower as it has a 50% chance to KO, and will ko with some chip damage. However, if Honchkrow has already done its job, Honchkrow can stay in and live a Close Combat or a iron head, as coba will most likely not stone edge. ( This is when there is no tailwind up )

Arcanine is a good counter to honchkrow, in that it can tank a lot of things it throws at it, as well as will-o-wisp it. The plays you make depend on if its offensive, or defensive. Offensive varients can be countered by Swampert, and then proceed to set up a rain dance to counter powerful fire types, but if its defensive, usually lucario can come in after a sac. Defensive is a bit trickier to deal with.

You will find how to use Honchkrow effectively, inside and outside of tailwind

(fake sprite)
Whimsicott @ Leftovers​
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore

I cant make a team without having Whimsicott on it, the little cotton ball just does so much, It has a great typing, and can work on so many playstyles, and is a very easy to fit mon, especially for Honchkrow. This thing is probably the perfect Honchkrow partner, taking care of fast dark, fighting, and dragon types, and gaining momentum very easily, which is what I always like to focus on. Encore and Moonblast are self explanatory, and on this set, I actually like stun spore, as this allows me to shut down some of the threats to the team that come in on whimsicott, like Entei, Crobat, or Gyarados. The signature move on this set is Tailwind. Tailwind allows Whimsicott to support its team, or itself in a last stand measure. Tailwind I have found to be much more useful than stun spore alone when it comes to this team and Honchkrow in general, because it just sets up a sweep so easily. Turning many of Honchkrow's counters into moxie bait, Hydreigon, Cobalion, Whimsicott, pretty much anything faster, gets destroyed by honchkrow under a tailwind. The ev spread is to outspeed max speed base 100's while also giving whimsicott the bulk to support this team, and yes, this still works very well on Hyper Offense.

Nidoqueen is usually a very easy switchin into whimsicott, and on predicting this, just fire off a stun spore anyway, as this is very crucial. After this, this is where the main part of this playstyle comes in, you need to see what team member can sweep, and if tailwind support can help them, or if Honchkrow can clean from the situation. If so, set up a tailwind predicting nidoqueen to kill you with a sludge wave or a ice beam, if there is no rocks up however, switching into Swampert or full health alakazam can be feasible as well, as Alakazam tanks a earth power/sludge wave. Or predicting the rocks/t-spikes.

These powerful attackers usually switch into Whimsicott, more so Entei however. Again, you need to pinpoint the chances of Honchkrow or another mon being able to clean up or break walls at the end, and is so, usually tailwinding is the best play. Always tailwind against entei, because nobody likes coming in on a sacred fire. This is where stun spore>u-turn comes into play, because this can shut down entei or Infernape. Always stun spore predicting the switch, and then either moonblast, or set up a tailwind.

These two I put in the same category, because they are mons that can easily kill Whimsicott, but usually decide to u-turn. Because of this, you have to predict correctly. If you predict a u-turn, usually moonblasting is the best course of option . When swampert is down, and Darmanitan is not able to be switched into, always tailwind, but if swampert is alive, swampert is usually the switchin, and lucario/aerodactyl being the switchin to Crobat.

Overall, you will find overtime how to use Whimsicott on this team, and when to set up tailwind, or when to just keep gaining momentum or firing off moonblasts.

Lucario @ Life Orb​
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Let me just say, SD Lucario is a monster. This thing puts so much pressure on common defensive cores these days, and extreme speed being as prevalent as ever. Lucario gives the team nice switchin to dark types, and steel types are a god send on HO teams, resisting many common priority moves, and having great offensive typing as well. Lucario also benefits from tailwind, and can open up a late game sweep. The set is pretty self explanatory, with close combat hitting everything hard, and extreme speed being able to sweep and pick of threats. Iron tail is the interesting move in this set, this allows Lucario to break holes so easily, and more notably OHKO Florges; that 30% chance to drop defense is also p nice. Originally, I actually had NP Lucario, but through the rates and my own testing, SD lucario just works so much better. Being able to pick of threats to the team, as well as give me a more physical presence. The jolly nature is there over adamant to outspeed things like Mamoswine, entei, etc. With iron tail and close combat, I felt that adaman so wasn't nessecary.

Infernape is a tough mon to deal with, and loves coming in on Lucario for free, and sometimes predicts flash cannons or bullet punches as well. Once the SD set is revealed, multiple plays can be made, Infernape will be hard to switch into, but swampert is usually the best course of action. However, if you think Infernape threatens the team greatly late game, stay in and fire off a close combat predicting the Nasty Plot/Grass Knot.

Nidoqueen is hard switchin wise, but again, HO teams usually dont have that many switchins to common wallbreakers. One thing you have to ascertain is how important Lucario is for your team at that moment, for example, if the opposing team has a Mega-Aggron or something else lucario needs to be able to pick of like Heliolisk, Crawdaunt, Mamoswine, etc. If Lucario isnt too important, or if Nidoqueen takes out the rest of the team, set up a SD right in its face. Nidoqueen have a tendency to set up stealth rocks, or predict a switch and ice beam/sludge wave in this matchup, which Lucario tanks. After this proceed to iron tail. If SD is revealed, predict a switch because they usually will think you have earthquake or ice punch.

Ahhh.. FatMoonPoop, how I hate this thing so much, and this team can still have a problem with it. Lucario is usually faced against this thing, and has trouble with it. If you know the Cresselia set, you can deal with it accordingly. Usually a defensive set can be used as set up sometimes, but you have to watch out for t-wave and calm mind sets. Dual screens cresselia is also a pain, but is rarely ever used. Sometimes, the best course of action is to switch out into Alakazam, or sac lucario against it because Alakazam can set up Calm Mind's on defensive cresselia as Psychic does little to nothing, as well as Moonblast, and Alakazam doesnt care about toxic. Another side note, Swampert can set up rain dance and minimalize the recovery on cress, and try to waterfall it to death, then possibly pursuit trap with honchkrow.

Tentacruel is the bane of Lucario's existence, usually just switch out into Mega-Swampert predicting a sludge bomb, rapid spin, or t-spikes, and proceed to set up rain dance or fire off an eq. If you are feeling risky, and need to save Swampert to sweep, whimsicott can be sent in to encore the rapid spin, t-spikes, or scald, and then Either stun spore, or double back out into swampert. Still a tough matchup nontheless.

Switch out, dont even think about it. Usually the best course of action is switching into Swampert, but aerodactyl can also be brought in on a potential fire blast and proceed to stone edge it. Still a tough mon to face.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Wow lead aerodactyl is very good. I think hogg showed us all, that aerodactyl was being very overlooked as a lead, as it really does shut down most other leads, and can effectively set up stealth rocks, and hit hard on its own as well. This should always be used as the lead, and be usually taunting right away, but I will go more into detail in my common matchups. Now, the set may look a little different, as it doesnt have double-edge. But to be honest, I rarely find myself using Double-Edge, and find that giving it a stab stone edge to be much more useful. This allows it to hit many switchins into the "common" lead aerodactyl, and gives it a better way of hitting leads such as Mamoswine, Crobat, and Darmanitan, and azelf. Also, not having double edge means I can run unnerve, which allows me to beat custap lead foretress even better, and having those niche uses. Fire blast is there to of course OHKO Forretress, deal good damage to things like Metagross and Cobalion, and those 10% burn chances are great ngl. Lastly, the other thing I love about having lead aerodactyl, is that in the team preview and even turn1, they dont know if its lead aerodactyl, or mega-aerodactyl, as I also have a swampert on my team. This usually leads to the opposing lead to try to set up or set up hazards, or even switch if they threaten them out.

Against a Azelf lead, always just taunt, they usually dont expect it to be lead aerodactyl, then after that, you can set up rocks and precede to stone edge or fire blast from there, depending on what the switchin is or what play they decide to make next

Against a opposing lead aerodactyl, always just taunt and risk the speed tie, and then proceed to either set up rocks if it benefits the team, or stone edge as most opponets dont expect lead aero to carry stone edge.

Krookodile is usually a little tricky, first off usually taunt, and then ascertain if rocks help the team a lot, and what your main sweeper will be if Honchkrow doesnt have a good matchup. Sometimes taunting, setting up rocks, and fire blasting is the best course of option.

For some reason, many people like to lead forretress. The main course of option is deciding if your team wants to prevent hazards with taunt, or fire off a fire blast and bring it down to sturdy. Most of the time, I like to fire blast as many forretress's don't expect lead aero and fire off a gyro ball. If you see no leftover recovery, switch straight to swampert as a explosion is likely coming, and Damp can prevent the explosion from happening, and then play out from there. Or even better, just stay in because unnerve blocks custap.

Mamoswine can be an issue for the team sometimes, as if it is a oblvious lead, taunt will fail to work. Usually test the waters by going for taunt straight away, and if they try going for rocks and fail, set up rocks after that and then switch out into swampert, or sacing aerodactyl if swampert could act as a main sweeper.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mega-Swampert is a beast, and it works so well for this team. Mega-Swampert's typing is a godsend for this team, and really helps it out offensively, and momentum wise. Mega-Swampert punches holes in things like Florges, Nidoqueen, Cobalion, etc. He also just tanks a lot of hits, which can be useful for Hyper Offense, and setting up rain dance is pretty easy for swampert. Rain Dance not only helps swampert sweep through so many unprepared teams, but on a smaller note makes Fire types less scary for this team, and I feel many HO teams have a tough time with fire types. Standard rain dance set, except with Stone Edge, which might seem a little weird. Stone Edge is here to give me a better matchup against Mega-Abomasnow and Gyarados, luring them in. Stone edge also hits Crobat and Zapdos harder, and hey that crib chance is always nice. The ev investment is one by King UU if I am not mistaken, and allows it to outspeed Mega-Aero in rain, and I add 8 more speed to speed creep other Mega-Swamp's as well as outspeed Offensive Tailwind Suicune.

Suicune is the catch-all switchin to swampert, and predicting its switchin, decide if firing off an earthquake for chip damage will help clear the way for a late game sweep, or predict the switch and switch into whimsicott/Alakazam. Bulky waters in general are sort of hard to deal with for the team.

When predicting this thing on the switchin, usually setting up rain dance or Doubling out into whimsicott is the best course of action. And obviously if it comes in for free, switchout into either Lucario(beware of focus blast), or 95% of the time, Whimsicott, as then you can either fire off a moonblast, or stun spore the switchin which may be Entei, Florges, etc.

Mega-Abomasnow is so great in this meta, and loves to come in on Swampert, the thing is, its hail can get rid of swamperts rain, and swampert is usually useless against it. However, since you have that trusty stone edge, stone edging is always the play. This is because Mega-Abomasnow will usually earthquake, blizzard, focus blast, or SD predicting the switch out. Stone edge has a chance to OHKO after rocks, and does massive damage at full. If you do choose to switch out however, switch to Lucario most of the time.

Gyarados is a pretty reliable switchin into Swampert, as it can shut it down with its typing and intimidate. But again, Swampert is running stone edge, so always fire off a stone edge as it 2HKO's Gyarados with or without intimidate, and Gyarados's will usually bounce or dragon dance on your "switch". If you do predict a bounce, just stay in and set up a rain dance, and proceed to fire off stone edges.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

Alakazam was the final addition, and is a very important part of this team. Alakazam gave me another set up sweeper to keep up offensive momentum, and adds even more speed to my team. Alakazam, since being introduced to UU, has just been a monster, and many teams still have shaky checks to this. Forcing many to run things like Scarf Hydreigon, SpDef Mandibuzz, etc. Calm Mind Alakazam fits perfectly on this team, as the thing hits very hard after a +1, and can actually tank some special hits after a +1 as well. This thing also gave me a better matchup against stall, and common things like suicune, florges, cresselia, etc. At first, I didn't think dazzling gleam was nessecary, but since realizing my sableye weakness, I think it is mandatory now for the team. Also lets it hit things like Fatmence and a guaranteed hit and kill in weakened things like hydreigon and krookodile, as focus miss sucks. After a suggestion, I also decided to run 84 defensive ev's into Alakazam, as this lives a entei extreme speed, and can proceed to revenge kill a huge threat to the team. Also guarantees 2hko on craw Aqua jet, and other small things.

Also if you still want to use this team now (It is still extremely effective) Just replace Alakazam with NP Azelf. Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, Psyshock, energy ball. :)

When Entei comes in for free, you need to decide how important Alakazam is at the moment. If entei is weakened, and comes in on rocks, proceed to psyshock, as there goes a big threat to the team, Also, some entei decide to be risky and predict the switch and go for sacred fire. However, if Alakazam is weakened, switch straight into swampert, as 95% of the time they espeed from my experience. Proceed to mega and set up a rain dance.

When seeing a Hydreigon on the opponets team, it can be a great idea to predict its switchin with a Dazzling gleam, but again, this comes down to the situation. If Hydreigon comes in for free, 2 moves can be made, but you should always be switching. One is switching out into Lucario predicting a u-turn, dark pulse, or draco metoer, but the fire blast play is actually very common, so switching out into Swampert, which can take 2 dark pulses, and also live a Draco and resist flamethrower, can also be a good idea. From here, I actually like to double into whimsicott, seeing as suicune, chest aught, and Salamance like to come in.

If a florges trys to switch in, or comes in for free, certain plays can be made. If the oppoising team has a mon at low health that can come in on zam, usually psyshocking is the best course of option. Most of the time, I like to set up Calm Mind, to set up on Florges, as long as the opposing team doesnt have a Lucario, Entei, or Doublade to come in and clean up.

Usually just switch out, or possibly Calm Mind on it predicting a recover, watch out for t-wave Porygon-2 though. If Alakazam is of no use anymore, deal as much damage to p2 as you can with alakazam, and then get Lucario in on it for free.

Sableye poses a problem to many Hyper Offensive teams these days. It did cause a problem, until I switched to dazzling gleam in Alakazam, this allows it to beat sableye, if at +1. If you can figure out that sableye isn't max Spdef, usually dazzling gleam is the best play, as sable's like to taunt/will-o in the situation. But if none of this is the situation, switch to Lucario or whimsicott, depending on the way the game may play out. Also, a +2 burned Lucario will OHKO sableye with iron tail.

I hope you enjoyed that analysis, now onto the Checks and Counters, Replays, and Shoutouts​

Cofagrigus: Yes pretty uncommon, especially with sableye around now, but honestly, this thing just destroyes my team. It can set up TR and start taking down mons, and gets a free will-o-wisp on my Honchkrow as well. Lucario has a tough time beating it, because Cofa can tank flash cannons, and fire back a shadow ball, or switch into someting else. The biggest thing is its Mummy ability. This shuts down Honchkrows Moxie and swampert's swift swim.

Mega-Abomasnow: This guy tears holes through my team, as my switchins are very limited, if they predict correctly. Hail wears down my mons, and this guy can take on Whimsicott, Honchkrow, swampert, etc. However, this is where stone edge comes in handy.

Water Overload: Bulky waters can give this team a problem, because whimsicott doesn't run energy ball. Offensive pressure can wear them down, but if there is 2-3 of them, my team cant handle it sometimes. Whimsicott is very important here, as well as Mega-Swampert.

Sableye+Florges Sableye can prove to be a huge issue for this team, as my physical weepers are shut down by this, and lucario and whimsicott still dont like their items knock'd off, or being burned. Alakazam can however lure with dazzling gleam. Lead aero is also shut down by this. However, Honchkrow can OHKO at +1 even when burned, and offensive pressure can still shut this core down, as Florges doesnt like many of my mons, and CM Alakazam can set up on Florges.

Some minor issues include Flying Spam and Fighting Spam

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-349638085 Me versing a pretty solid Bulky Offensive volturn team, Beedrill and Entei kept up lots of pressure on me, but Whimsikrow pulled it back with a nice 4 mon Honchkrow sweep.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-349118769 Me vs Shawn YS, with a nice Honchkrow sweep at the end. Tailwind putting too much pressure.

A pretty good battle against a ladder player http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-350567327

I did have some more, but I dont know where they went, will have to get some more in the future.

Also just a note, these are before the changes I made to the team.

And finally the Shoutouts
Horsehead-3 For being a great friend, and always willing to help me out, we also build the sickest teams. Also for blaming hax whenever something doesnt go his way :)
Who Do You Think? (Other.Alt.Acc on PS) For being one of my best friends on PS, honestly, I dont remember how we met, but he is a swell guy :).
King UU For helping me out so much when I was getting into UU, also a great mentor and a nice guy overall
DaSpoofy Trying to quit mons, it wont happen. Also reminds me of myself, we both think way to much. Also a great guy in general, go check his Youtube Channel out
Euphonos The most creative guy in UU, and makes the worst mons actually work. One of the nicest guys in UU, and a great contributor as well. Linnone for life
Rattled Snakes One of my best friends on the site, always helping eachother out team wise, and also having 50000000000000 alts. I might have forgotten a 0
thebagman Co leader of my Running Room on PS, also a great friend in H&F, go join the room!
boltsandbombers Good presence in the running room, and also shared the love of Pegboard Nerds. Trigger Warning is really good
Ace being a great friend in H&F, and kicking me out of H&F to voice me and bring me back for using the "elliptical" lol will never forget
Sacri' Were both 15
Ununhexium Running staff, also cool guy, and has a cool RMT: Legion
BrandonBeast Biggest meme in UU, also uses Specs Roserade soooo '_'. Also get this kid on your UUPL team for gen4
Nightingales Give her voice for crying out loud, also pretty funny and scares me sometimes
Threw Really good friend on PS, and grats on 2nd most promising user! Also check out his article, it was very well written Boiling Waters: Sun Teams in UU
r0ady Cool guy, overlooked contributor in UU, and has a cool Youtube Channel
Shiba Really cool guy in UU, and a great mod as well. Started the meme of AccelgorFanBoy as well '_'
Lord Thanitose New voice in UU, and sometimes is way too nice. Also manipulates Toxicroaks to miss 6 gunk shots. (Malevolent Spirit)
Merlouvynis Great friend in UU, also master of Abomasnow+Chandelure
nv Cant ever decide on a avatar, and also one of the best in UU. Also introduced me to the power of Houndoom+Toxicroak.
Sam Great guy in UU, and is a runner so.... Go Running
iplaytennislol I Play Running lol
DrReuniclus The best at not even playing UU. Also the best congratulator of tours
Pak Sandman... also rip fletchinder team that was viable for 2 weeks
LessThanThreeMan Swell guy in UU...hi
Cyndequil. Bullies me all the time, but is p cool. Also a great rater.
Kreme Same as Cynde lol
Aquadext Same as Kreme lol
Christo. One of the best mentors in UU, helped me a lot with my teams, and needs his % back tbh
GrilledClawitzer Great friend in UU, and really knowledgable about UU
sniperaim Semi-stall mastaaaaa
dodmen Always willing to help me out teamwise, and a great person all around.
Pearl Heyoo
Accelgor I am **NOT** tagging myself.... lol
Raseri Proud advocate of the running room, and uses +4 Undefined Granbull
Wanka Hi
JTD783 Owner of the XC/Distance thread on Smogon, also running mod. Whats up man
Mazz Hes amazzing
gopackgo Drifblim can die
hilarious Ladder master, also p funny.
mayoouran2 The adaptability fanboy, and my minion.
YABO Really great guy in UU, grats on RO buddy. Thanks for the rate as well
Manipulative Great rater, and a great teambuilder as well.
TSR Friend that has turned into a Euphonos, going for fun rather than competitve, and I like it :)
Lilligant for OU Hey man, lifes rough right now, but it will always get better, keep your head up and dont let people get to you. Creativity on point
SceptileMC Great friend of mine, also the coach of the San Fransisco Arcaniners and showcases my teams :). Phenomenal battler as well
teal6 Another phenomenal mentor, and helped me become accustomed to HO, which was new to me before working on this team. Also we love you teal6 :)
Ice Tea Toxicroak is paralyzed! Toxicroak is paralyzed! Hello, great battler, pretty much won with mono fighting
Omfuga Omfugod.
Hogg Helped me out a ton with the team, and introduced me to the power of lead aero. Also hope you get to manage for UUPL
lucqq Last minute shoutout, wassup fam. Great friend, and tries laddering, but fails. Also kicked my butt in Farm League
ManOfMany Heyoooo
LilOu omg HES BACK YESSSSSSSSSS also inspiration for my common matchups

Yeah these are getting really long, sorry if I forgot you, doesn't mean you are less important.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore

Changes to the team with explanations
First off I would like to thank the people who rated this RMT, the rates were very helpful. Now with your insight and some even more testing from my part, I have made the following changes as you can see above in the minor changes.
SD Lucario > NP Lucario
This was an overwhelmingly popular suggestion, and I don't know why I didn't have this in the first place. This gave me a better physical presence, and aloud me to pick off many threats, and as ChoiceBnddUmbreon was very intent on, having a way to OHKO Florges (Iron tail)

Dazzling Gleam > Shadow Ball on Zam
This was a pretty obvious one, helps my sableye matchup immensely and allows me to get a guaranteed ko on things like hydreigon and krookodile without having to rely on FB's shaky accuracy. Also 84 in Def was added to better handle Entei and other physical priority users, also guarantees living a Mega-Aerodactyl pursuit.

Stun Spore > U-Turn on Whimsi
This was a great suggestion, that I never thought of. This allows me to better deal with things like Mega-Aerodactyl, Crobat, dear maintain, entei, Gyarados, and other whimsicott switching that threaten my team.

Stone Edge > Ice Punch on Mega-Swamp
This is actually my own idea, as this allows me to better deal with Mega-Abomasnow and Gyarados, while hitting Zapdos and Crobat harder, and that nice crit chance.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my 3rd RMT! Feel free to leave a rate or some of your findings when testing the team out. Or maybe help add to the common matchups.

Thank You very much!

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
K this team is kinda sorta there

• Lack of a fairy resist sucks. A lot. Leaves pokemon like whimsicott to be incredibly annoying to deal with especially considering the fact that its threatening both your tailwind abusers. To fix this try nidoqueen > aerodacty. It gives you a fairy resist. Run a moveset of sludge wave / stealth rock / earthpower / ice beam. An ev spread of 80 hp / 252 spa / 176 spe with a modest nature will be just fine. This also gives you another decent fighting check.

• Ur match up against entei is also pretty shit. Your list of scary fire switch ins includes absolutely nothing and it gets a chance it freely click it vs whimsicott and threatens honch / zam w/ espeed. You can try running cune > megapert to help with this. Run a moveset of hydro / calm mind / hp elec / ice beam with an ev spread of max speed / spa with a timid nature.

• I'd change lucario to swords dance just to give you more of a stronger presence on the physically attacking side and will give you another mon to clean up with. The set i would run is bullet punch / espeed / cc / sd. Bp is pretty cool for you because it helps with aerodactyl and sab. So yeah shift your special attack investment to attack and run a jolly nature. You could give crunch a try if you find bulky psychics a bit of a nuisance to break past but i think you'll get more use out of bp.

• You might wanna try dazzle > shadow ball on zam to help with sableye.
Edit: agreeing with the stun spore > u-turn suggestion.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
hey, so this is a pretty great team and I love the concept of Tailwind to boost Honchkrows potential as a potential sweeper through it's snowballing effect. There isn't much I can suggest without completely reconstructing your team, but you should really run the 84 Defense EV's on Alakazam since it doesn't miss out on too much power and being able to revenge kill a weakened Entei that thinks it can pick you off could be incredibly clutch.

as for the water weakness it seems more like you struggle with boosting waters such as suicune and gyarados, suicune because nothing likes a burn (which wears down whimsicott a lot faster) and you're forced to boost alongside it with Alakazam after whimsicott is gone, and with the amount of things you're using it to check it's inevitably going to happen. mega blastoise is sorta annoying I guess since it just breaks the team but it gets worn down fast by your team. i've garnered two choices.
  • the first choice is to drop U-Turn on whimsicott for Giga Drain / Energy Ball to actually pressure water-types. i'd actually go for this choice of giga drain, especially for your set as it gives you a source of recovery asides from leftovers. once whimsicott is totally scouted suicune can just keep coming in again and again until encore is completely drained. with this change however you'd need a more offensive spread of 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe and a meadow plate as your item.
  • if gyarados (and subsequently other dancers / faster threats) is the main problem then i'd simply run stun spore > u-turn since it's obvious that once you encore something they're going from encore bait -> whimsicott check so you should play accordingly if this is chosen.
*on a smaller note to help with your abomasnow problem you could try superpower / low kick > ice punch on mega swampert. it's usually a safe switch-in to mega swampert and superpower guarantees the OHKO while low kick is a roll, albeit a good one.

and yeah Cyndequil. suggestion a lot more critical then what I did, but they're good since a fairy resist really sucks. the thing is though he didn't suggest a different mega for your team. there aren't many options but mega absol > honchkrow and a moveset spunch / knoff / spower / sd could potentially work great if you want a dark-type or mega aerodactyl > honchkrow with wing attack / eq / sedge / pursuit if the flying aspect was more appealing. with this you don't really need tailwind so stun spore > tailwind would be better.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, you're stupidly weak to Crobat and just flying types in general (aero would go ham after pert switches in once.) A simple fix without changing the mons is to switch to Swords Dance Lucario. This would let you pick off Crobat more easily once it takes some Brave Bird recoil somewhere. You could even run Bullet Punch on luc to handle Florges and Mega Aero more easily if you want. I like that you have Stone Edge on lead Aero because I've been getting really frustrated at people who leave in Zapdos vs lead Aero and I'm sure it's satisfying to just murder them right off the bat. Also, if I remember correctly I tossed you a few ideas around the whimsi honchkrow core about a month ago. Some options that exist would be to chuck a fairy resist like offensive bronzong or nidoqueen somewhere probably over Aero or somewhere else. This helps out vs Aero and other problematic dudes like Ambomasnow. This doesn't really do anything for the scald issue so something like Toxicroak over luc could alleviate the issue a bit while still maintaining your structure. Anyways, good luck with the team bro and hope I helped.

I like this team, i think that you should make swampert psyically defensive non mega, with scald eq rocks roar, and make aero mega, hone claws eq edge wing attack / roost this will help u against things like entei macro and mega beedrill, maybe even make lucario psyical sd cc bp and e-peed, bp and e-peed allow you to sweep more offensive teams, like maero / crobat and stuff like that once rocks are up, overall i really like it and i always win with out first version :)

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Alright, just wanted to show the shoutouts I gave to people, Thank you Cyndequil. -Magic- YABO and Horsehead-3 for your rates! I will test them out and see what works and what doesnt, so replies will be coming soon, thank you all for the support as well. Go Whimsikrow!

And finally the Shoutouts
Horsehead-3 For being a great friend, and always willing to help me out, we also build the sickest teams. Also for blaming hax whenever something doesnt go his way :)
Who Do You Think? (Other.Alt.Acc on PS) For being one of my best friends on PS, honestly, I dont remember how we met, but he is a swell guy :).
King UU For helping me out so much when I was getting into UU, also a great mentor and a nice guy overall
DaSpoofy Trying to quit mons, it wont happen. Also reminds me of myself, we both think way to much. Also a great guy in general, go check his Youtube Channel out
Euphonos The most creative guy in UU, and makes the worst mons actually work. One of the nicest guys in UU, and a great contributor as well. Linnone for life
Rattled Snakes One of my best friends on the site, always helping eachother out team wise, and also having 50000000000000 alts. I might have forgotten a 0
thebagman Co leader of my Running Room on PS, also a great friend in H&F, go join the room!
boltsandbombers Good presence in the running room, and also shared the love of Pegboard Nerds. Trigger Warning is really good
Ace being a great friend in H&F, and kicking me out of H&F to voice me and bring me back for using the "elliptical" lol will never forget
Sacri' Were both 15
Ununhexium Running staff, also cool guy, and has a cool RMT: Legion
BrandonBeast Biggest meme in UU, also uses Specs Roserade soooo '_'. Also get this kid on your UUPL team for gen4
Nightingales Give her voice for crying out loud, also pretty funny and scares me sometimes
Threw Really good friend on PS, and grats on 2nd most promising user! Also check out his article, it was very well written Boiling Waters: Sun Teams in UU
r0ady Cool guy, overlooked contributor in UU, and has a cool Youtube Channel
Shiba Really cool guy in UU, and a great mod as well. Started the meme of AccelgorFanBoy as well '_'
Lord Thanitose New voice in UU, and sometimes is way too nice. Also manipulates Toxicroaks to miss 6 gunk shots. (Malevolent Spirit)
Merlouvynis Great friend in UU, also master of Abomasnow+Chandelure
nv Cant ever decide on a avatar, and also one of the best in UU. Also introduced me to the power of Houndoom+Toxicroak.
Sam Great guy in UU, and is a runner so.... Go Running
iplaytennislol I Play Running lol
DrReuniclus The best at not even playing UU. Also the best congratulator of tours
Pak Sandman... also rip fletchinder team that was viable for 2 weeks
LessThanThreeMan Swell guy in UU...hi
Cyndequil. Bullies me all the time, but is p cool. Also a great rater.
Kreme Same as Cynde lol
Aquadext Same as Kreme lol
Christo. One of the best mentors in UU, helped me a lot with my teams, and needs his % back tbh
GrilledClawitzer Great friend in UU, and really knowledgable about UU
sniperaim Semi-stall mastaaaaa
dodmen Always willing to help me out teamwise, and a great person all around.
Pearl Heyoo
Accelgor I am **NOT** tagging myself.... lol
Raseri Proud advocate of the running room, and uses +4 Undefined Granbull
Wanka Hi
JTD783 Owner of the XC/Distance thread on Smogon, also running mod. Whats up man
Mazz Hes amazzing
gopackgo Drifblim can die
hilarious Ladder master, also p funny.
mayoouran2 The adaptability fanboy, and my minion.
YABO Really great guy in UU, grats on RO buddy. Thanks for the rate as well
Manipulative Great rater, and a great teambuilder as well.
TSR Friend that has turned into a Euphonos, going for fun rather than competitve, and I like it :)
Lilligant for OU Hey man, lifes rough right now, but it will always get better, keep your head up and dont let people get to you. Creativity on point
SceptileMC Great friend of mine, also the coach of the San Fransisco Arcaniners and showcases my teams :). Phenomenal battler as well
teal6 Another phenomenal mentor, and helped me become accustomed to HO, which was new to me before working on this team. Also we love you teal6 :)
Ice Tea Toxicroak is paralyzed! Toxicroak is paralyzed! Hello, great battler, pretty much won with mono fighting
Omfuga Omfugod.
Hogg Helped me out a ton with the team, and introduced me to the power of lead aero. Also hope you get to manage for UUPL
lucqq Last minute shoutout, wassup fam. Great friend, and tries laddering, but fails. Also kicked my butt in Farm League

Yeah these are getting really long, sorry if I forgot you, doesn't mean you are less important.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
K this team is kinda sorta there

• Lack of a fairy resist sucks. A lot. Leaves pokemon like whimsicott to be incredibly annoying to deal with especially considering the fact that its threatening both your tailwind abusers. To fix this try nidoqueen > aerodacty. It gives you a fairy resist. Run a moveset of sludge wave / stealth rock / earthpower / ice beam. An ev spread of 80 hp / 252 spa / 176 spe with a modest nature will be just fine. This also gives you another decent fighting check.

• Ur match up against entei is also pretty shit. Your list of scary fire switch ins includes absolutely nothing and it gets a chance it freely click it vs whimsicott and threatens honch / zam w/ espeed. You can try running cune > megapert to help with this. Run a moveset of hydro / calm mind / hp elec / ice beam with an ev spread of max speed / spa with a timid nature.

• I'd change lucario to swords dance just to give you more of a stronger presence on the physically attacking side and will give you another mon to clean up with. The set i would run is bullet punch / espeed / cc / sd. Bp is pretty cool for you because it helps with aerodactyl and sab. So yeah shift your special attack investment to attack and run a jolly nature. You could give crunch a try if you find bulky psychics a bit of a nuisance to break past but i think you'll get more use out of bp.

• You might wanna try dazzle > shadow ball on zam to help with sableye.
Edit: agreeing with the stun spore > u-turn suggestion.
Hope this helps
Thank you for the rate Cyndequil. So after testing out your suggestions a lot these past days, I find that your suggestions just totally change the playstyle of my team, turning it into a more Bulky Offense that relies to much on tailwind, even if I have tailwind on cune. You are taking away a Hyper Offensive lead, into a BO Hazard setter, and Mega-Swampert, a bulkier offensive sweeper, into a much bulkier sort of offensvie sweeper in suicune. Your changes also leave me even more weaker to bulky water types, and no Offensive Suicune isnt that much better of a Entei switchin. I do realize that my entei issue is a bit prevealant, but I have been able to deal with it with tailwind support, as well as hitting it offensively with Swampert. Also, your suggestions leave me without a mega, which even though it isn't the biggest deal, I still feel like having a mega is pretty mandatory. Now, with the SD Lucario change, I can see that many of the previous rates from -Magic- and YABO suggest this as well, and I will test more with that in the future, as I can see where you guys come from, and that may be the only switch I need to make to the team. Dazzling Gleam on Alakazam is also a great idea, as that helps my matchup against sableye. Though I am much weaker to things like Espeon, Cresselia, and Reuniclus now, I think I will be fine.

Anyways thank you very much for the rate Cyndequil. I really hope you get that Team Rater badge soon, you sure deserve it haha

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
Let me start by saying that a team that makes honch shine makes me insta-happy. But in all seriousness, i really like the team as a whole for the most part...Nevertheless, as i already told you in person i need to point out your lack of immediate way to kill florges. I would like to suggest:
  • Mega Beedrill>Mega Pert, cause it shits on florges and is the best momentum giver in the tier(momentum in ho is pretty much everything) and gives you immediate speed control, which your team kinda lacks unless pert sets up rain. Also drill run>knock off to weaken coba which is the go to switchin to bee
  • Lead Ape>Lead Aero, another way to threaten cobalion+ Endeavor which is a very nice move to have
  • Keep lead aero but use np luc(i've seen you changed it to sd), because if u get rid of pert your team is run through by coba
Hope I helped:)

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
hey, so this is a pretty great team and I love the concept of Tailwind to boost Honchkrows potential as a potential sweeper through it's snowballing effect. There isn't much I can suggest without completely reconstructing your team, but you should really run the 84 Defense EV's on Alakazam since it doesn't miss out on too much power and being able to revenge kill a weakened Entei that thinks it can pick you off could be incredibly clutch.

as for the water weakness it seems more like you struggle with boosting waters such as suicune and gyarados, suicune because nothing likes a burn (which wears down whimsicott a lot faster) and you're forced to boost alongside it with Alakazam after whimsicott is gone, and with the amount of things you're using it to check it's inevitably going to happen. mega blastoise is sorta annoying I guess since it just breaks the team but it gets worn down fast by your team. i've garnered two choices.
  • the first choice is to drop U-Turn on whimsicott for Giga Drain / Energy Ball to actually pressure water-types. i'd actually go for this choice of giga drain, especially for your set as it gives you a source of recovery asides from leftovers. once whimsicott is totally scouted suicune can just keep coming in again and again until encore is completely drained. with this change however you'd need a more offensive spread of 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe and a meadow plate as your item.
  • if gyarados (and subsequently other dancers / faster threats) is the main problem then i'd simply run stun spore > u-turn since it's obvious that once you encore something they're going from encore bait -> whimsicott check so you should play accordingly if this is chosen.
*on a smaller note to help with your abomasnow problem you could try superpower / low kick > ice punch on mega swampert. it's usually a safe switch-in to mega swampert and superpower guarantees the OHKO while low kick is a roll, albeit a good one.

and yeah Cyndequil. suggestion a lot more critical then what I did, but they're good since a fairy resist really sucks. the thing is though he didn't suggest a different mega for your team. there aren't many options but mega absol > honchkrow and a moveset spunch / knoff / spower / sd could potentially work great if you want a dark-type or mega aerodactyl > honchkrow with wing attack / eq / sedge / pursuit if the flying aspect was more appealing. with this you don't really need tailwind so stun spore > tailwind would be better.
Thank you very much for the rate -Magic- ! I can see you know what your talking about. Now, I really do like that 84 defensive ev's on zam, as before I was actually thinking about doing that, but kinda just forgot about it lol. But yeah that would help with my Entei issue, so that will be implimented. As for my sort of water issue, I really like the idea of putting giga drain or energy ball on Whimsicott, as that may help me against bulky water types like Blastoise and Gyarados, but after testing a lot, I have actually found stun spore>u-turn to better help the team, as you suttley suggested. Yes, not having u-turn may lead to me losing momentum in some cases, but instead of u-turning out of entei, crobat, mega-aero, etc, I can stun spore them instead. This also helps speed control wise. As for the superpower suggestion, I actually dont like that suggestion because it pretty much only hits Aboamsnow and Hydreigon, and Umbreon. But leaves me open to getting killed because of attack and defense drop, and I actually had a more interesting idea. I wanted your opinion on this as well, and anyone else reading this. I was thinking Stone Edge on Mega-Swampert, this allows me to still deal big damage to Mega-Abomasnow, and OHKO after rocks. Stone edge also allows me to hit things like zapdos, crobat, and more importantly Gyarados harder than ice punch. Stone edge also still retains coverage against many things, and that crit chance is p nice.

But yeah, thanks for the rate man! Great suggestions, I never actually thought of stun spore+tailwind, but yeah it works p well.

Hey man, you're stupidly weak to Crobat and just flying types in general (aero would go ham after pert switches in once.) A simple fix without changing the mons is to switch to Swords Dance Lucario. This would let you pick off Crobat more easily once it takes some Brave Bird recoil somewhere. You could even run Bullet Punch on luc to handle Florges and Mega Aero more easily if you want. I like that you have Stone Edge on lead Aero because I've been getting really frustrated at people who leave in Zapdos vs lead Aero and I'm sure it's satisfying to just murder them right off the bat. Also, if I remember correctly I tossed you a few ideas around the whimsi honchkrow core about a month ago. Some options that exist would be to chuck a fairy resist like offensive bronzong or nidoqueen somewhere probably over Aero or somewhere else. This helps out vs Aero and other problematic dudes like Ambomasnow. This doesn't really do anything for the scald issue so something like Toxicroak over luc could alleviate the issue a bit while still maintaining your structure. Anyways, good luck with the team bro and hope I helped.
Thank you for the rate YABO ! I totally agree with your rate, as it basically summed up why I really needed SD Lucario. However, I dont think I can even fit Bronzong or Nidoqueen anywhere, and Toxicroak over Lucario just doesnt work. I think the reasons are obvious, but its fine. Anyway, the SD set I think I will be running is Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Iron Tail. Iron tail I think is very useful, because it can OHKO Florges, and is a nice harder hitting alternative rather than Mega-Aerodactyl. I think since I have now switched to stun spore and tailwind, I can find a way to get Mega-Aero down. But yeah, thanks for the rate man!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
I like this team, i think that you should make swampert psyically defensive non mega, with scald eq rocks roar, and make aero mega, hone claws eq edge wing attack / roost this will help u against things like entei macro and mega beedrill, maybe even make lucario psyical sd cc bp and e-peed, bp and e-peed allow you to sweep more offensive teams, like maero / crobat and stuff like that once rocks are up, overall i really like it and i always win with out first version :)
Thanks for the rate Horsehead-3 I can see where you are coming from, but lemme tell you why your suggestions aren't the best. First off, regular swam pert means I lose one of my sweepers, and a defensive mom on a Hyper Offensive team makes absolutely no sense. This still isn't even the best entei switchin, but that's not the main point. If I then choose Mega-Aerodactyl over regular aerodactyl, again I lose my HO lead, there fore losing momentum and being worn down more easily. This also leaves me even weaker to bulky water types, and for regress becomes at best bigger problem in the process. So for those reasons, I can't really agree with your suggestions

Let me start by saying that a team that makes honch shine makes me insta-happy. But in all seriousness, i really like the team as a whole for the most part...Nevertheless, as i already told you in person i need to point out your lack of immediate way to kill florges. I would like to suggest:
  • Mega Beedrill>Mega Pert, cause it shits on florges and is the best momentum giver in the tier(momentum in ho is pretty much everything) and gives you immediate speed control, which your team kinda lacks unless pert sets up rain. Also drill run>knock off to weaken coba which is the go to switchin to bee
  • Lead Ape>Lead Aero, another way to threaten cobalion+ Endeavor which is a very nice move to have
  • Keep lead aero but use np luc(i've seen you changed it to sd), because if u get rid of pert your team is run through by coba
Hope I helped:)
Thanks for the rate ChoiceBnddUmbreon ! I am glad you like the team! But let's get onto your suggestions. I totally get your point of not being able to immediately kill Florges which is a problem. However, mega-Beedrill over mega swam pert is not nessecary at all, and from this I become way to weak to entei, and things like mega-aero. So that suggestion will not work at all. I also don't think I have a cobalion issue seeing I have a mega-swam pert, and a lucaeio, and gets destroyed under tailwind. Infernape>Aerodactyl also leaves me weaker to flying types, and doesn't have that immediately speed to shut down other leads like azelf, froslass, opposing aerodactyl, etc.

Thank you for the suggestions though man! Can't wait to see the YouTube video you post of this!
(Also on mobile so grammar may be bad)

Now, on a side note for everyone. I would like to Thank You for the rates and the support on this team. With these rates I am going to be making some shuttle changes to the team, as I realize I had some weaknesses. So expect these changes to be put in place tomorrow, as well as new common match ups, analysts, etc.

Also, I would like to see some replays that you guys have gotten with this team if you have tried it out! Also, feel free to PM me on PS about anything related to the team, even suggesting something for common match ups.

Again, thank you everyone and I am still open to some rates on the team, as well as experiences with it in this thread :)

yup pretty nice team u got here lrxc
i really like the offensive flow i got using it on ladder, i enjoy this kind of stuff: tailwind support when diying and then krow sweeping. broke a few teams with the right support.

im not a team rater but i guess offensive whimsi with energy ball > uturn could be a good thing. u cant scout with uturn anymore so you will have to double a lot but im sure it will workout after a while.

sd luc might work better bc relying on focus blast is main STAB is really gross. also lucario gives u a better way to rk entei after it gets a kill everytime it gets in, also helps with your mega obama weakness n_n

gj

CBU

Banned deucer.
i really like the offensive flow i got using it on ladder, i enjoy this kind of stuff: tailwind support when diying and then krow sweeping. broke a few teams with the right support.

im not a team rater but i guess offensive whimsi with energy ball > uturn could be a good thing. u cant scout with uturn anymore so you will have to double a lot but im sure it will workout after a while.

sd luc might work better bc relying on focus blast is main STAB is really gross. also lucario gives u a better way to rk entei after it gets a kill everytime it gets in, also helps with your mega obama weakness n_n

gj

You got a point there my friend. Not on the sd thing, since u know my opinion on that topic(especially on such a hydreigon and coba weak team) but LRXC u definately need to switch focus miss for aura sphere

:)

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Here are my changes to the team, minor, but important as it makes Whimsikrow even better. These changes have been Implimented into the RMT and the Analyses as well as the Common Matchups.

Changes to the team with Explanations

First off I would like to thank the people who rated this RMT, the rates were very helpful. Now with your insight and some even more testing from my part, I have made the following changes as you can see above in the minor changes​

SD Lucario
> NP Lucario
This was an overwhelmingly popular suggestion, and I don't know why I didn't have this in the first place. This gave me a better physical presence, and aloud me to pick off many threats, and as ChoiceBnddUmbreon was very intent on, having a way to OHKO Florges (Iron tail)

Dazzling Gleam > Shadow Ball on Zam
This was a pretty obvious one, helps my sableye matchup immensely and allows me to get a guaranteed ko on things like hydreigon and krookodile without having to rely on FB's shaky accuracy. Also 84 in Def was added to better handle Entei and other physical priority users, also guarantees living a Mega-Aerodactyl pursuit​

Stun Spore
> U-Turn on Whimsi
This was a great suggestion, that I never thought of. This allows me to better deal with things like Mega-Aerodactyl, Crobat, dear maintain, entei, Gyarados, and other whimsicott switching that threaten my team.

Stone Edge > Ice Punch on Mega-Swamp
This is actually my own idea, as this allows me to better deal with Mega-Abomasnow and Gyarados, while hitting Zapdos
and Crobat harder, and that nice crit chance.

gj
Thanks for the rate Malin ! I agree with what you said, except read -Magic- 's post above about why stun spore is a better option

Again Thank You Everyone for the support I have gotten for this RMT I am still open for rates, but I really think the team is as good as it can be now. This may be the best Honchkrow team in the meta. Anyhow, again thank you everyone, and Go Whimsikrow!!!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Thanks for the reply Electra , sorry it got deleted, but still thank you.

Just an announcement, thank you guys very much for the support this RMT has gotten, I am glad to be seeing it on the ladder, and seeing people be successful and have fun with it :)

Other than that, some youtubers have agreed to do a video with my team, so stay tuned for those uploads, as I will post them to this thread, and dont worry, the banner will be coming soon.

Lastly, thank you again and please PM me if you have tried the team on the ladder, and how it went! Go Whimsikrow!

EDIT: Welp nvm

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Alright, absolutely final bump. Just saying this team is actually a lot better in this new UU meta, as frikkin Zapdos is gone, this team demolishes Celebi and Conkeldurr, and Sylveon can be taken on offensively pretty easily. Also the other meta tweaks this team enjoys :)
(also sorry moderators for triple post, but this is the last one so :) )
Sorry to say but this team wont be featured in any youtube videos now, because of their busy schedules, and that a banner will not be coming.
Even though Honchkrow moved down to RU, doesnt mean it still isnt a monster. Dont forget about Whimsikrow... that is all

Thank you for the support of my favorite team of all time GO WHIMSIKROW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)