Project Secret Santa!

https://pokepast.es/6cbbec5734aeb00
risi here’s ur Zorua Shroodle team
:zorua: :shroodle:
The starting core. General plan is that Shroodle will bluff psychic moves for Zorua, and they both have knock. I went with scarf physical Zorua. The idea is that Zorua will spam u turn to constantly play mind games on the opponent, is it Shroodle? Or is it gonna just u turn out again. And also tera psychic in case it gets messy and the Giraf goes tera fighting
:zorua: :shroodle: :girafarig: :diglett:
By now we all know that most teams are gonna run Giraf. Only exeptions are niche weather teams or hazard teams. But this sure isn’t an exception. Both sweepers can’t really hit Pawniard without terastalizing so the obvious answer is Diglett
:zorua: :shroodle: :girafarig: :diglett: :gastly: :quaxly:
And then the team looked pretty web/ground weak, so i added Gastly as a more offensive semi check. And Quaxly as a sturdier check
Sorry if the team’s a bit scuffed, i never tested it bc of final exams roaming around the corner. But i hope you’re happy with it
Wait what’s this?
https://pokepast.es/0fe02f3e2abd2f19
HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMENS. ARE YOU TIRED OF [VICTORY]? WANNA LOSE GAMES IN A [1 for 1 deal] FASHION? FEAR NOT MY [pal]
:zorua: :shroodle:
I’m here to give you the most FUN and ENJOYABLE sets ever seen. Wanna bluff the opponent even MORE? Just make them the SAME SET. Oh ho ho but that’s not all my good friend, this Shroodle is compacted with a NORMAL GEM, which makes the +2 tera blast an absolute NUKE!1!!111!!
:zorua: :shroodle: :mudbray: :bronzor:
Giraf is LAME. Giraffes are the most boring quadruped herbivore i’ve ever SEEN. On the other hand, look at this [#*%#*%] DONKEY.
He can do ANYTHING, LIKE: check Pawn, sleep, check Pawn, sleep, have 100 attack, sleep. YOU NAME IT. Ground check? Say no more my dear friend. Introducing, TRICK ROOM BRONZOR, the best offensive Pokémon in the neighborhood (i live in the void). What? Trick room hurts the other mons? I DON’T CARE!
:zorua: :shroodle: :mudbray: :bronzor: :litleo: :bramblin:
Feel lonely without a normal type? Insecure without a scarfer? Litleo fills both of those criteria, while also feeding to your cat boy addiction. Still fucked by webs? Realize that Toed can hit Bronzor out of levitate? Bramblin’s here to save the day. This literal orb of dead grass can do it ALL
alright i’m fucking tired

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
The gift for Shandeur has (finally) arrived.

:surskit: :frigibax: :greavard: :girafarig: :toedscool: :glimmet:

He requested the first two mons, a webs team with SD Frigibax, so that's where I got started.

:greavard: - Greavard is probably the best spinblocker right now, doing really well against Toedscool and Quaxly when T-Spikes are up. It also takes out non-Evio Gastly with a little chip. This mon is really good for hazard stack teams.

:glimmet: - This is the next component of the hazard stack. It's a standard spread with a Tera-Fire variant to beat Pawniard and Toed, which can otherwise be a pain. Tspikes are really important to establish against Quaxly teams, so I knew Glimmet or Mareanie would be needed, and Mareanie is too passive for webs offense.

:toedscool: - The final step of the hazard-stack structure, has tera-Ghost to be a secondary spinblocker if needed. This mon is just a glue you need on almost every team tbh. It's running a slower, fatter spread because of webs.

:girafarig: - This is the best webs abuser in the tier. It's fast, bulky and unbelievably strong at +2, with good coverage.

Your gameplan for this team is to establish hazards as often as possible with Surskit, Glimmet and Toed, with the latter + Greavard also attempting to completely control the removal game. Once you have your hazards set up as much as possible, and the opponent's team chipped down, NP Giraffe and SD Frigi should be able to sweep... hopefully.

I hope you enjoy the team.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey Drifting I got your Christmas present right here....
1672243273950.png

It is... of course, the Wiglett + Quaxly + Toedscool water-spam offensive core you asked for! :bat:

:sv/wiglett: + :sv/quaxly: + :sv/toedscool: + :girafarig: + :glimmet: + :greavard:
https://pokepast.es/60d9f52335027580

Wiglett is really cool. It hits 20 speed, which is cool. I went with a LO set to maximize its rather weak attacks and Tera Electric to beat the best and most common Water-resists, Quaxly and Mareanie, who is 2KO'd through Eviolite. Electric + Water in general is just pretty dope and compliments Quaxly's Water + Flying coverage decently well. Aqua Jet does quite a bit to Eviolite Diglett that might try and trap you after you Tera, though you do speed tie with it, so if you're feeling lucky, Liquidation will definitely kill. Probably could also go Grass Tera here, but I liked not being weak to Quaxly's flying coverage. Sucker Punch is also here ig.

Quaxly is standard Quaxly.

Originally had Power Whip Toedscool on here to help ward off opposing Toedscool, but this team isn't suuuuppppeeerrr Toedscool weak since its neutral to Water, and I like the standard Earth Power Toed to help with the Pawniard MU, since this team is pretty Pawniard weak. I suppose you could run it over Spikes, but with big boss Greavard spinblocking, I really liked having spike stacking on this team.

Wish pass Girafarig keeps the eel healthy, and really takes advantage of Foongus and Mareanie, two otherwise big walls to water spam.

Glimmet is Glimmet. Wiggles isn't that strong, so having hazards really helps, especially T-spikes. Reflect is there just kinda as filler.

I originally had Pawniard in the last spot but I swapped it for Greavard. I am definitely on the Greavard train. Having it as the spinblocker is super nice, and it can help with the Pawniard MU since many Pawns are dropping Night Slash. Really good vs. opposing Toedscools.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your holidays! Have a very wigglin' new years!

Last edited:
I have been breeding a lot for Apricorn Ball Pokémon lately, but I still haven't forgotten about the present!

Introducing "Daring today, aren't we?", a Spikes Stack team based around Greavard, for gali. Merry belated Christmas to you! I am sorry I was so late, and I hope the team I will gift you can somewhat make up for it!

I have been scolded by Santa Claus.

:greavard: :glimmet: :mankey: :girafarig: :pawniard: :toedscool:

:greavard:

I have been a Greavard doubter for a fairly long time, because, at first glance, it does not seem to do anything besides spinblock very well, and even then, it does not really like Knock Off or Spore from Toedscool. However, after testing the team, its other strengths became apparent to me: handy priority in Shadow Sneak and great bulk to handle some boosted sweepers, and access to Fang moves to hit the most common Hazard Removal options. I chose to use Tera Water and Thunder Fangs in order to annoy not only Quaxly, but also Rain teams, while Sleep Talk allows to soak Sleep from Toedscool while still not remaining passive, especially with Ice Fang. I figured I would not use Stomping Tantrum and chip steels another way, while Rest is not used because during testing I have never found any real need to click the move.

:glimmet:

Enter Greavard's obvious partner in crime: Glimmet! With Rufflet departing, I think that Spikes are more important to set than Stealth Rocks, though the latter still has merits in the Larvesta matchup notably, which is why Pawniard carries it. Glimmet's role is to barf up Spikes and Toxic Spikes on the terrain to cripple the opposing team, while Greavard makes those unspinnable. This Glimmet set is equipped with a surprise Fighting Tera Type + Tera Blast combo to catch Pawniard off-guard to facilitate sweeps from Girafarig. Glimmet also can just often eat a hit and respond with a strong STAB off 20 Special Attack!

:mankey:

I just referred to my building 101 for the next member. I needed something that was able to outspeed Girafarig to revenge kill a weakened one. I also wanted something with a pivot move. We were still in the Rufflet meta but I figured it would be banned shortly so it was out of question. The next best things were Larvesta and Mankey. The former's weakness to rocks and matchup dependency made me choose the latter. Mankey sports the highest Speed out of all Choice Scarfers, and takes great advantage of Spikes support to fire off strong Attacks. I attached Vital Spirit to Mankey, as it can slightly help pivot around Toedscool if you're in a dire situation or do not want something else being asleep. Pawniard also already packs Defiant so another Defiant Pokémon felt unneeded.
You will rarely Terastallize Mankey, but I found that when you do, you either abuse Tera Fighting Close Combats or Tera Dark's Psychic immunity to brain Speed-boosted Girafarig. I settled for the former since you can plow through unboosted Girafarig the same, and the added power + Spikes is really appreciated. Plus, it will be pretty easy for an opponent to predict Tera Dark as a last resort option with their Speed-boosted Girafarig.

:girafarig:

First rule of building 101 in Gen 9 LC is "Use Girafarig". I need not explain why. Here, I wanted, similarly to Mankey, a huge Attacker that really took advantage of Spikes-forced damage on Pokémon. I cooked up Tera Ground Nasty Plot Sap Sipper Girafarig. The premise is simple. I did not want my Girafarig to be able to get revenge-killed by another Girafarig after I Terastallized. I also wanted my Tera Blast to be able to plow through Pawniard, Tinkatink, and other obscure answers such as Stunky. I also figured blocking Volt Switch from stuff like Magnemite or Wattrel, as well as handling the rare Foongus pretty fine thanks to Sap Sipper and the subsequent Poison resistance nice. It also helps in soaking Toedscool or Bramblin's Power Whips. Psyshock might look like a dubious option at first, but I find it pretty interesting as it can score a K.O. on opposing Toedscool with minimal chip.
Tera Ground also surprisingly leaves you in a better state if you lose the Tera Flying Pawn mindgame, as you are weak to neither Aerial Ace/Tera Blast nor Sucker Punch.

:pawniard:

Pawniard is another vital player of most Gen 9 LC teams. Here, it sets up Stealth Rocks to combo with Spikes whenever I need that. There is little to nothing to say about Pawniard, but I deemed Iron Head to be less valuable than Night Slash because Night Slash hits more relevant stuff super effectively such as Non-Terastallized Girafarig and Ghost-types.

:toedscool:

Finally, another Pokémon I often find myself unable to build without, for it is such a good Pokémon! Toedscool brings to the table a few missing things that every Little Cup team adores. This includes Hazard Removal of our own, Knock Off support, another check to Girafarig, a 17-speeder to outspeed the plethora of 16-speeders of the tier, a natural Volt Switch immunity... You name it. It also packs Spore support to further annoy stuff, though you could replace this move (or Earth Power) with the strong Power Whip. I elected not to replace Earth Power here because I find it defeats the point of having a 17 Speed Toedscool to smack common 16 Speeders, but if you edit its set to be slower and more defensive there should be no problem. Tera Ghost is used to have a backup Spinblocker in case something goes south with Greavard.
I think that if God left something to humanity, it is Toedscool.

All in all, the team might not be perfect, since it is certified made by PyProd, but I had fun building it! Thank you to Tack for hosting this event!

Last edited:

MOHAMEDALL

più italiano della pasta
is a Tiering Contributor
Santa came a bit late this year, but here it is, Vynxpro!
https://pokepast.es/38d0821c02555192
You wanted a Varoom+Toedscool Trick Room and here it is
I'm not gonna lie the team isn't great tbh, and thats mostly down to trick room not being good rn, having lost its best abuser, Cubone.
:Varoom: Varoom is pretty cool, but it sadly has no way to touch Pawniard unless you tera it. Parting shot allows you to get out before Trick Room runs out, which otherwise will leave it as a sitting duck
:Girafarig: Girafarig isnt exactly the slowest mon but it gets the job done even under trick room.
:Skrelp: Skrelp is my child and I love him very much, it hits like a truck and gives the team a pretty good mu against rain. Its still crying from having lost flip turn tho
:Bronzor: Bronzor is the only mon with rocks and TR, and thanks to steel beam it can kill itself to get its teammates in safely after doing its job. Pretty cool setter
The other 2 i dont have much to say about, theyre just good mons.
If this structure isnt working too well for you, you can try and replace one of the setters with Gothita, which can trap Pawniard, and put tera flying and sub>tera blast on Varoom. Hopefully you get better results than me with this!

happy new year ashelyDeluxe

:deerling-winter::crabrawler::pawniard::toedscool::girafarig::larvesta:
(click the sprites)

idk how to build for this tier yet so its about as cookie cutter as i could make a team: winter deerling is actually optimal because it looks the most like girafarig, tera dark crabrawler to help w/ steels, other fightings, and ghosts, which otherwise kinda own deerling, larvesta checks fighting types and mons faster than deerling, fast 4 atks toed to help break for deerling, typical pawniard and girafarig bc yeah.

i hope the team is fun because i dont think it is good. deerling can maybe run double kick over thunder wave (original version of this team had stun spore toedscool) and if u do this i guess you can also run 14 spdef crabrawler instead. you can also maybe run rest cm girafarig -- theoretically this works well with the twave support that deerling kind of provides, but i dont rly believe the hype behind that set. sorry this is late !

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
hey hey i forgot to post this yday after i got laptop back from shop, but here are the remainder of the secret santa builds, shoutouts to papillon and gorex for building these while my laptop basically exploded hope yall had a good holiday season!
for MuffinMat https://pokepast.es/831395ba2b6542b5
for PyProd https://pokepast.es/811bcffd7bc35c91
for chimp https://pokepast.es/dfb5177c3f458883
for Steel207 https://pokepast.es/3ad9cf03d15ff1b3
(if i sent the wrong pastes for any of yall lemme know)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)