Separate NU analysis/stark sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that there should be a NU sub-forum of stark mountain, just like there is for ubers, UU and little cup. I also feel that there should be a separate NU section for contributions and corrections. If that isn't possible, I would at least like the on-site analyses for NU pokemon to include NFE's (like haunter, its the 4th most used NU and it dosen't even have one).

I also think that the pokemon that do have analyses, they should be based on there tier. I was looking at the analysis for something like cacturne, and it didn't even mention NU in it, it was all just about OU.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Gary the gengar

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What NU metagame?

There's no NU ladder if I recall correctly, and C&C policy says analyses should not be written on theorymon.

Subforums for the sake of having a subforum aren't a good idea unless there's enough activity to justify one. Making 2 or 3 threads in Stark about NU would cover any activity.

What NU metagame?

There's no NU ladder if I recall correctly, and C&C policy says analyses should not be written on theorymon.

Subforums for the sake of having a subforum aren't a good idea unless there's enough activity to justify one. Making 2 or 3 threads in Stark about NU would cover any activity.
Incorrect. There is a NU ladder on Doug's CAP server, and judging by the fact that LC has its own SubForum, that is a "good enough" qualification.

The main concern for NU having a separate SubForum is player base, however I believe the NU community is actually growing substantially. The NU ladder and the NU thread's activity is at an all time high at the moment, so if there was a "good" time to set up the NU SubForum, and possibly even start the NU testing process, that time would be now.

Not to mention, we don't know when Gen 5 is going to be out, so starting now is probably the best plan if we want to actually have time to do anything for the NU metagame at all.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Incorrect. There is a NU ladder on Doug's CAP server, and judging by the fact that LC has its own SubForum, that is a "good enough" qualification.
Well, LC had it's own community for like a year. NU?

The main concern for NU having a separate SubForum is player base, however I believe the NU community is actually growing substantially.
Do you have more than 15 or so people to actively discuss stuff in the NU metagame? Otherwise you can get away with a few threads imo.

The NU ladder and the NU thread's activity is at an all time high at the moment, so if there was a "good" time to set up the NU SubForum, and possibly even start the NU testing process, that time would be now.
You make it sound like if we don't do it now, the activity will fall... so then.. we wouldn't need a subforum...

Well, LC had it's own community for like a year. NU?
Probably just as long or longer? What is your point? You are still incorrect, NU has a fairly active ladder. What reason is there now to hold off on analyses?

Chris is me said:
Do you have more than 15 or so people to actively discuss stuff in the NU metagame? Otherwise you can get away with a few threads imo.
Yes.

On top of this, there is a "LCF-esque" (I know you will get the reference) forum for NU.

Chris is me said:
You make it sound like if we don't do it now, the activity will fall... so then.. we wouldn't need a subforum...
It's not that the activity will fall, it's that we would lose our chance to do anything NU related because of time restrictions. Think about it: is it not better to start now when we have time? Or is it better to start later, when we won't have as much time? I think the answer is pretty clear.

I believe that it was decided that when we start a NU testing process (which will occur after we finish either OU or UU, whichever comes first) we would allow a Subforum for NU. Until that point, it is very unlikely that we will make these subforums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)