Seriously, Can Retarded Aliens F*ck Those Yanmas?

!Explanation to the title at the bottom of this post!

-----​

Basically, I have been eager to try a team with one special pokemon in it. I´ve made this team, just for that one pokemon to sweep.

Teambuilding Process

Who would I else start of with? Scarfty (Or Zuruzukin, if you will) is a great pokemon. I tried to base this team on netting a Scrafty sweep, and that is mainly the reason to him being choosen.

Entry Hazards were the next thing that crossed my mind. A Bulky Jirachi spread with Rocks and a Deoxys-Defense with Spikes popped up in my head. Entry hazards are always a good thing to remember, when you are making a team with a pokemon meant to sweep in the end.

I seriously didn´t know what to put in here. Actually, I did. I wanted a Tricker, and needed a lead. I chose Rotom-Wash to fit the spot.

OMG SHADOW (BAN ME PLEASE) SHANDERA!

Yes, I picked a Shadow Tag Shandera to fit the next spot. But don´t worry, it was Specs. I needed something to trap Fighting types and kill them for Scarfty to make his job easier. Though Choice Specs Shandera really lacks the Speed a Scarf would give him (hence why I changed it)

I spent a little while considering, what I would want to have as the last member of the team. I ended up with the O´ so standard Multi Scale Dragonite. It really does work great on the team.

~ At A Glance ~

So, after some testing of the team, I realised a few things screwed me over. I tried some things to replace the things that didn´t work and repair them. So;

Turned into
as I needed a spinner to clear my side from Entry Hazards.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Shandera (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

I had TrickSpecs Rotom-Wash here, but I needed something fast to kill the pokes, that gave me problems. I lead off with this thing now, just to get a nice kill on the opponents lead. Many teams run a T-Tar in the team and can Pursuit kill me, but I have Deoxys for that, and Nite to set up, when they Pursuit.

Overheat is STAB and super awesome power. Energy Ball 2HKOs Tyranitar. Hidden Power Ice for the O´ so common Dragons and Shadow Ball as the other STAB. I run Timid ChoiceScarf to outspeed everything.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I heard or saw a set like this, and thought it looked cool. Except; They had Dragon Claw instead of ´Quake. I have ´Quake for Heatran, but what if they pack the Balloon? I would so want to have Dragon Claw on it, but I just feel the need to pack the ´Quake... Any suggestions?

You all know what he does; Dances, Roost to keep Scale alive; Fire Punch for Nattoreis (Man, it feel good to KO a Natt after +2 when they can´t do ANYTHING against you) and ´Quake for the rest.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off

Tenta is here to get rid of the Hazards my opponent has placed, an lay down T-Spikes to poison the opponent for Scrafty to set up easier. His role is simple; Spin - Set Up - Attack - Die. Sometimes, Attack and Die has to switch around. There is not much else to say here, you all probably know, what he does.

Zuruzukin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Attacl / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Jolly nature (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

I LOVE SCRAFTY! I mean, come on, who doesn´t? I set up Bulk Ups all day long, Rest when needed and hope to God, that Shed Skin kicks in early. I have Drain Punch as the main attack and Crunch for Ghosts.

Since Bulk Up raises my Defense, I chose to run Careful nature with Max HP / Max Speciel Defense EVs (Actually, it was a Smogon set, but :3)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

She is mainly here for the Stelath Rocks. In my opinion, every team needs Stelath Rocks to be successful. Thunder Wave is for crippling, Wish for healing and Iron Head for not to be Taunt bait. She really works great sometimes, whenever She gets to survive, as She isn´t the most bulky of all. Anyway, She does what She needs to do; Gets up the Rocks.

The EVs are to maximize the Bulk. She reaches 404 HP and 328 Defense. The times when She just aint working, it is against "Those St00pid Chomps"

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 32 SDef / 48 Spd
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Recover
- Counter

Moved up to lead position

A Deoxys set I "Came up with". I needed Spikes support and he fulfilled the role to success. Taunt is there to prevent things like Nattorei to be Stupid. Recover to heal off damage and Counter to hit Physical Sweepers back (Like Dory). The EVs might look a bit weird, but with them, I hit exactly 400 in both defenses, and obtain the highest HP as possible with this dude. The Speed EVs are there to outspeed other Deoxys-Defense forms, that tries to be rude to me.

Deoxys kinda functions as a "Surprise" pokemon for me. I get the T-Tars that tries to Pursuit kill me. I get the Dorys that think they are cool and so on.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Importable for you team testers;

Shandera (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Zuruzukin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rest

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 32 SDef / 48 Spd
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Recover
- Counter

Explanation to the title;

Seriously, Can Retarded Aliens F*ck Those Yanmas?

S C R A F T Y = Scrafty. Smart, Huh?

Team is still in its testing phase.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Threat list: (Will be updated as I find things that completely wrecks my team apart. Small Threats won´t be included)

Garchomp - This dude is a pain in the ass. I have faced one with Sub, which I couldn´t beat. Jirachi is dead to an Earthquake, Scarfty is dead to 2-3 Outrages. Dragonite is gone to an Outrage or two, Tenta dies to Earthquake. Deo-D can Counter back and Shandera can Outspeed. Those are my safest bets.

There is no way you should use an Offensive Dragon without a stab move. The whole purpose of using Dragons is the coverage of their stab moves. STAB Dragon + Fire/Ground way better than Ground + Fire. So, go with Dragon Claw on Dragonite.

I would suggest Ferrothorns over Deoxys as he gives you an Electric resist and is the best spiker in the game. It also doesn't hurt to have another Dragon resist with Lati@s spamming Draco Meteors.

@ Warrior. I will try D-Claw over Eq. As I wrote, I would want to have D-Claw over one of the two attacks, and as Fire Punch threatens Nattorei, I will keep it.

Ferrothorn / Nattorei has let me down so many times, so I´m going with Deo-D, unless he lets me down, big time.

@ Rishi. In this team, Rachi functionsas a Stealth Rocker. I tried Rotom-W as a LeadTricker, but in the long run, a Tricker didn´t help much.

Hi, i'd use Deo-D as your lead over Chandelure. Reasons being that Chandelure likes to come in mid-game and revenge kill/sweep. Also, Deo-D walls a lot of anti-leads, so go ahead and try that switch out.
On Rachi, put Body Slam over Thunder Wave. Body Slam already gets 60% para with serene grace, as well as it just doing some nice damage. This helps out against other pokes that are resistant to steel type attacks and still getting that cool parahax that every opponent just loves.
Also, at least try out Dragon Dance on Scrafty over Bulk Up. This helps his chances of sweeping and getting to outspeed scarf Chandelure and scarf Garchomp (as well as other counters) after a few. Ice Punch over Rest helps his coverage tremendously. I know that shed skin with rest is a good combo, but if a battle comes down to the last few turns and you need to be awake and OHKO that Dragonite (< for example) and your asleep or your crunch fails to KO it, you just lost the game. It'd probably be best if you ran Jolly/Adamant nature over careful, because Scrafty is here to sweet, not be a miniature wall.
Lastly, on Dnite, EQ is muuuuuuuuch better than Fire Punch. Otherwise, Heatran can wall you very nicely. EQ overall is just a better coverage choice. It also helps you get rid of those annoying fire/steel/electric pokes that just can wall you or can set up. Fire Punch's only good aspect is to get rid of Ferrothorn, and what with you having Scrafty and Chandelure on your team.

Hope this helped! xD

@ Eos. Oh, it helped. Thanks :3. On Scrafty, you are saying, that I should change the moveset a bit. Taking that into account, would changing the EVs alongside be a good idea? I´m thinking, that max Speed, max Attack and 4 HP with DD, Ice Punch, Crunch and Drain Punch would be a good idea.

Either way, I´m keeping Shed Skin instead of changing it to Moxie (Though you didn´t suggest changing it) just to get rid of annoying T-Waves / Toxic when ready to sweep

Yes, i agree with the EVs as well as keeping Shed Skin. Shed Skin is very important to this set because of walls liking to put a status on him while he is setting up, and he can shed that off and then proceed to destroy lol.
By the way, this is my 100th post! :D lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)