SM OU Serket's Guardians

Serket's Guardians

596.gif
zygarde-10.gif
salazzle.gif
araquanid.gif
647-resolute.gif
034.gif

You enter the Chamber of the Spider, not knowing what awaits you. You see six Pokemon-looking figures, but since you're in complete darkness, you can't tell for sure just what they are. Suddenly, they lunge at you, too fast for you to react.

Your Captors

596.gif

Serket (Galvantula) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

You're taken to a throne room, and a crown forcibly placed upon your head. The figures bow. The first of your captors (technically subjects) reveals itself to be the Pokemon, Galvantula. It buzzes in delight upon seeing its new master, revealing its name to be Serket (One million shinies for you if you get the reference). You can make out a Choice Scarf on the EleSpider, and it reveals its moveset to you.

So, Serket is what the team is built around. I first used LO, but seeing as I was too slow a lot of the time, I eventually switched to Choice Scarf to outspeed all of the things. The EVS and moveset are pretty self-explanatory. Bug Buzz and Thunder for STAB, Energy Ball to hit Grounds, and Volt Switch to GTFO of a bad situation.

zygarde-10.gif

Cell (Zygarde-10%) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

After bowing to you, the second of your captors reveals itself. You gaze in shock, as it reveals itself to be the Legendary Pokemon, Zygarde in its 10 percent Forme. It stands tall, proud of its Legendary status, and Serket tells you that the Pokemon who revealed itself goes by Cell. You see a Life Orb embedded in its scarf, and it, too reveals its moveset.

Ah, Zygarde. Look how far you've risen. From an "Inferior" Garchomp in gen 6, to an absolute legend, and all because of one move. Thousand Arrows is basically god-tier in moves for being a ground-type move that can hit and smack down Flying-Types. Old Cell here usually plays the role of a revenge killer, so you can choose between it and Normal Dugtrio (Alolan is trash), just know they both have different Niches. This has 1k Arrows and priority, while Dugtrio has Arena Trap. Again, EVS and movesets, self explanatory. D-Dance can be used to set up, 1k Arrows and Outrage are STAB, while E-Speed helps with those revenge kills.

salazzle.gif

Toxic Love (Salazzle) @ Firium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot

You notice a strong smell coursing through the air after meeting Cell. As soon as it appears, the mysterious smell fades, and you notice the Pokemon Salazzle standing in front of you, her hand to her heart, as she chants what you think is her allegiance to you, her new master. You spot the Firium Z in a necklace around her neck, and she reveals her moveset, and her name, Toxic Love.

Salazzle. To be honest, I was originally disappointed when I found out this thing was the new Vespiquen, and thought it'd be useless. Oh, how wrong I was. EVS are Max SpA/Max Spe to make absolutely sure I hit as hard and as fast as possible. Firium Z is when I need a nuke. Fun fact: A Celesteela once protected against my Z-move when Fire Blast was Flamethrower, and it did 70%. To a CELESTEELA. HP Ice was originally D-Pulse, which helps more against Zard-X, but HP Ice helps more for Lando-T, Fire Blast and Sludge Wave are STAB, and Nasty Plot is to get into murdering territory.

araquanid.gif

Arachnia (Araquanid) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Toxic Love leaves, revealing the fourth of your newfound subjects, an Araquanid. It buzzes, telling you to call it Arachnia. You see Arachnia is wearing a fearsome Assault Vest to boost its Special Defensive capabilities in the heat of battle, and it, like all before it reveals its moveset.

Oh, how an ability can make or break a Pokemon. Archeops/Slaking/Regigigas SUCK due to theirs, while Azumarill, Gliscor, Espeon/M-Absol/M-Sab (and now this thing) LOVE theirs. See, Water Bubble doubles the BP of Water moves, making Liquidation a DEADLY base 170 power (higher than most Z-moves!), makes it so no burns ever cripple you, AND halves Fire power! What's not to love? Anyways, EVS are to help make this thing a bulky sweeper from both defensive ends (although Physical moves still do a crapton) and Leech Life (never thought I'd say that move EVER) is a nice STAB that increases longetivity, and crunch and P-Jab are for coverage vs M-Meta and Tapu Lele, respectively.

647-resolute.gif

Colt Classic (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

At this point, you notice Serket beside your throne, and the fifth new face reveals itself. You gaze in awe, for the Pokemon Keldeo in its Resolute Forme gazing into your eyes. You can see fear in the colt's eyes, for it, by nature, is Timid around strangers, but you pet the Colt, reassuring it. During this, you notice another Life Orb on the Pokemon's horn, like the one Cell had. It's too nervous to speak its name, but it reveals its moveset, then cowers away.

Now, Heatran is still as viable as ever in Gen 7 (unlike Gengar), so naturally, I have to have something to check it. Keldeo is that check. Again, EVs are to maximize SpA and Spe, and now the moveset. Secret Sword is mandatory for Keldeo to HAVE its Resolute Forme in the first place, plus it helps murder Chansey. Hydro Pump is for STAB, HP Fire is to hit stuff like Scizor, and Scald is another stab that likes to spread around burns.

034.gif

Brutus (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Superpower

The last of the black figures steps into the light, revealing itself to be the Pokemon Nidoking. It carries yet another Life Orb in its claw, then approaches your throne. It bows to you, telling you to call it by its name, Brutus. It reveals its moveset, and Serket tells it to leave, which it happily complies with.

Et tu, brute? Now we come upon the final team member, Nidoking. Remember when I said I never lead with Serket? That's because THIS is my lead. I like to do as much damage as possible with it before my inevitable death. Mixedking is pretty much as anti-meta as it was in Gen 6, or it would be if only it had more bulk. The EVS are again, self explanatory. Sludge Wave is STAB with a passion, murdering pretty much every fairy not named Klefki that crosses you. Ice Beam murders Grounds (Lando-T being among the primary ones), and Earth Power is another STAB, murdering the likes of Klefki, Heatran, and the rare Salazzle. Superpower puts the P in Pain if you're Chansey or Blissey, or even T-Tar.

Your Fate
Serket jumps on your lap, like a pet, and explains why you're here. It reveals these Pokemon, itself included, were looking for a sufficent master to battle with, and when it gazed upon you for the first time, knew you would be the one to carry them to victory. You say you're an archaeologist, and you were looking for the Ancient Spider, a famous artifact around here. Serket nuzzles you, revealing itself to be the Ancient Spider, and digs out six Pokeballs from your bag. You throw one at every Pokemon in the chamber, tapping Serket's on its head. All six Pokeballs successfully capture the Pokemon, and you pick them up, place them back in your bag, get off your throne, take off your crown, and leave, the Ancient Spider being in your possession. So, what'd ya think of the team? I tried to create a story out of this RMT, to put a creative twist on it. What should I change, and why?

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-511871871 (clutch win)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-509917047 (vs stall)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-506224600
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-505977423 (again vs stall when Serket was LO)

IMPORTABLE
Serket (Galvantula) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Cell (Zygarde-10%) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Toxic Love (Salazzle) @ Firium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot

Arachnia (Araquanid) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Colt Classic (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

Brutus (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Superpower

Attachments

Last edited:
Galvantula @ focus sash
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- HP Ice

I think you'd better use it as a leader of Sticky Web also special because as strikers there are the best, hp ice pokemon to hit as Garchomp, Landarus, Gliscor and Zygarde.

Araquanid @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Choice Band + Liquidation allows you to do considerable damage also due to its ability.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- HP Fly/Icy Wind

No games no revenge kill, Keldeo can be a good option as its 108 basic statistical speed overcomes Pheromosa not Scarf, HP Fly to do poorly in M Venosaur that can easily block it.

The thing that convinces me little and defensive potential, also does not have a stainless type that can withstand the shots well type psycho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)