Serperius Maxima (KS versus Maxim)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for skipping this through. I'm still bugged as to why I did.

Battle Rules said:
4v4 LC Singles (Max of 30 moves)
2 Day DQ for battlers; 4 Day for Ref
Abilities = All
Items = All
Switch = KO
2/5 Recoveries/Chills
1 Substitution

Arena:
Description: This arena is a reasonably popular arena where crowds gather to see a different type of battle. You see, they don't want to see any standard issue stuff like at the ASB Arena, they want battles with flair, creative moves, and intensely close calls. As such, in this arena roleplaying actions are more likely to work. Additionally, the ref can modify the arena as he desires (within reason, no teleporting to another dimension) to either cause pain to the competitors or open up new roleplaying opportunities. For instance, he could have a tent appear over the competitors thus allowing them to use the poles to smack each other or even bring the tent down and muck everything up.
As for the arena itself, it's a fairly simple battlefield. The competitors are on the top of a platform about 50 ft in the air, surrounding a simple moat (though the ref can modify this as he so chooses). This platform is a square measuring about 50 yards on each side. The floor is white, although some grass covers the arena allowing Energy Ball and similar moves to work at full effectiveness. The arena is contained within a cavernous area, but the sun shines through the ceiling giving ample light. All moves are allowed.

Summary:
Roleplaying actions are easier to pull off
Referee can modify the arena within reason
All moves are allowed
Modest (-Atk, -Sp.Atk)
Types:
Normal | Fighting
Abilities:
Scrappy | Prankster | Vital Spirit (HA-Locked):
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 2/6
HC: 2/5
MC: 5
Moves:
1). Scratch
2). Fury Swipes
3). Harden
4). Focus Energy
5). Rock Smash
6). Roar
7). Roost
8). Yawn
9). Nature Power
10). Bulldoze
11). Brick Break
12). Grass Knot
13). Haze
14). Rapid Spin
15). Toxic
16). Protect
Brave: (-speed, +Atk)
Type:
Grass | Poison
Abilities:
Overgrow | Chlorophyll (HA)
Stats:
Atk: 3 (+)
Def: 2
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 39 (-10 Evasion)
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/9
HC: 0/5
MC: 0

Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Take Down
Razor Leaf
Sweet Scent
Growth

Leaf Storm
Endure
Light Screen
Power Whip
Magical Leaf

Toxic
Protect
Substitute
Sludge Bomb
Double Team
Nature: Relaxed (+1 Def, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type:
Psychic | Fairy
Abilities:
Synchronize | Trace | Telepathy (DW): .
Stats:
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 34 (-)
Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Moves:
1). Growl
2). Confusion
3). Double Team
4). Teleport
5). Lucky Chant
6). Magical Leaf
7). Heal Pulse
8). Calm Mind
9). Will-o-Wisp
10). Shadow Sneak
11). Destiny Bond
12). Disable
13). Encore
14). Trick Room
15). Psyshock
16). Reflect
17). Thunderbolt
18). Light Screen
19). Dazzling Gleam
20). Hypnosis
Brave (+atk,-spd)
Type:
Rock | Ground.
Abilities"
Rock Head | Sturdy | Weak Armor:
Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 7
Spe: 60 (-10% Evasion)
Size Class: 7
Weight Class: 6
Base Rank Total: 17

DC: 2/5
MC: 4
Moves:
1). Mud Sport
2). Tackle
3). Harden
4). Bind
5). Curse
6). Screech
7). Rock Throw
8). Rage
9). Rock Tomb
10). Stealth Rock
11). Rock Polish
12). Smack Down
13). Dragonbreath
14). Sandstorm
15). Block
16). Heavy Slam
17). Explosion
18). Bulldoze
19). Protect
20). Substitute
21). Slam
22). Rock Climb
23). Stealth Rock
24). Toxic
25). Earthquake

Skitty [Top Cat] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Type:
Normal

Abilities:
Cute Charm/Normalize/Wonder Skin (H)

Stats:
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 50
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

AC: 2/5

Attacks (28):
Fake Out
Growl
Tail Whip
Tackle
Foresight
Attract
Sing
Copycat
Doubleslap
Assist
Charm
Faint Attack
Wake Up Slap
Double-Edge
Heal Bell
Covet
Captivate
Play Rough

Simple Beam
Sucker Punch
Last Resort
Psych Up
Helping Hand

Protect
Substitute
Dig
Safeguard
Wild Charge

Clauncher [Archer] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Water

Abilities:
Mega Launcher

Stats:

Def: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 38 (44/1.15)

EC: 0/6

Attacks (18):
Splash
Water Gun
Water Sport
Vicegrip
Bubble
Flail
Bubblebeam
Swords Dance

Aqua Jet
Crabhammer
Endure
Entrainment
Helping Hand

Surf
Protect
Double Team
Substitute
Sludge Bomb

Petilil [Celeste] (F)
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

Type:
Grass

Abilities:
Chlorophyll/Own Tempo/Leaf Guard (H)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 30
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 1/6
AC: 1/5

Attacks (16):
Absorb
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain
Synthesis
Magical Leaf
Stun Spore
Giga Drain
Aromatherapy

Bide
Healing Wish
Worry Seed

Protect
Safeguard
Energy Ball

Solosis [Cosmo] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Psychic

Abilities:
Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator (H)

Stats:

SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 17 (20/1.15)
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 2/9
AC: 2/5

Attacks (18):
Psywave
Reflect
Rollout
Snatch
Hidden Power Ground
Light Screen
Charm
Recover
Psyshock
Psychic
Pain Split

Acid Armor
Confuse Ray
Trick

Signal Beam

Protect
Thunder
Shadow Ball

The crowds filtered into the seats and boxes, bringing glasses and parasols. Anticipation for tonight's performance is high enough, since the show was delayed due to a mishap in publicity. Anyway, the curtains are being drawn back, and the lights dimmed..

Maxim leads, equips, orders
King Serperior repeats
I reff

Last edited:
Suddenly, a spotlight flashes onto a man in a blue longcoat. He opens his eyes, then heads towards his position on the one side of the arena. The music starts up and then he says.

Intro Music

"So, we meet again Lord Serperius. I, Baron Maximus will be your opponent today here in this Center Stage. I hope you at least give a good showing before I crush you into the ground! Cosmo, show these fools what you are made of!"

w/Eviolite

All of a sudden, stars pop out of the Pokeball where the Solosis lies. Once the flurry of stars cease, the Solosis floats with Eviolite in hand, ready to battle.

The door lifts up as a thick smoke rolls outwards onto the stage like a flood. A shadow suddenly appears as a man in a white lab coat walks out, the lights reflecting off the shiny case he is carrying. Upon stepping up the stairs to his corner of the arena, the man pauses and stares directly at Baron Maximus and says,

"My, my, Baron, there is no need for such formalities," He drops his case to the ground, pressure sensors automatically opening it, a think claw reaching up to hand him a Pokeball, "Besides, this is going to be a battle of the century, or at least I hope so. I have brought along four of my finest specimens to this confrontation." The man looks up and around at the crowd and sighs, "It does appear that I have not introduced myself. I am Lord Serperius, but I much prefer my title as Director. That said," the Director turned to face the Baron, pushing his glasses up his face, "Maximus, let us begin!"

The Director tosses his Pokeball into the air and, with a flash of green light and the sound of bells in the air, a Ralts appears, landing upon it's small, dainty feet.

"Okay, Ralts, are you ready?" The Ralts nods, flexing the muscles that it has been working on for ages. Though it appeared impressive, it's physical muscle mass was barely that of a Tyrogue. "Ralts, please, take this Evolite to bolster your defenses for we have a battle to win."

@ Evolite
<My path is yours to command, Director.>

"So it is, so it is, Ralts. Let us begin. The first course of action is to deal as much damage as possible. However, half of your STAB is pointless in this matchup. In this case, we have to enter into a damage race, which will be very difficult due to the fact that your Sp.Atk rank is half of it's Sp.Atk rank. Let us use your new typing to our advantage!"

<But, sir, what if he decides to weaken us? We should set up our defenses as well.>

"Excellent idea, Ralts! We shall do that. Let me calculate the chances of our sucess...........................................Everything looks fine. Now to input your ideas........................Perfect!! I do believe we are on the right course of action!"

Light Screen | Dazzling Gleam | Dazzling Gleam
SUB1: IF Solosis uses Snatch when you would use Light Screen, THEN use Dazzling Gleam that action and push actions back.
SUB2: IF Solosis used Light Screen on the previous action AND is NOT under the effects of a successful P/E move, THEN use Encore that actions and push actions back.

<Sir, you are the greatest!>

"No, no, most definitely not the greatest. It may be erroneous, but the Baron is a much better battler than I am. I, however, can see many oppositions to my orders, overthink, and eventually crumble. It is my own fault at times that I falter. Baron, please, take your stance. Today, we shall prove who the better man is in this battle that is not only a battle between trainers, but also between Roleplayers and writers!"

"Heh, well said old friend. Now then, let's start this, the greatest show!"

Maxim puts his hands in the air, then the large spotlight shines on the center of the room, allowing all to see the battle that is about to unfold.

Battle Music

"I've worked for many years to improve my battling skills. Since my first entrance into ASB I've overcome many trials. Now it is time for me to show what I'm made of! Cosmo, let's start off strong with a move that will simply bypass that Light Screen!"

"Aye, sure thing."

Psywave x3

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Take the initiative :)

King Serperior’s team:

En: 100
Ranks: 1/{3}2/2/{3}2
Stats: N/A
Other: N/A​

Maxim's team:

En: 100
Spe: 17 (-)
Ranks: 3/{3}2/4/{3}2

Arena: Center Stage​

HL-Ralts and Cosmo-Solosis, taking the lead at the Center Stage, appeared with much starbursts and smokescreens, as befit their characteristics as Psychic-type Pokemon. The crowds applause politely, awaiting the start of the play to come after the the Trainer's full speeches. Suddenly, the ground beside HL-Ralts seemed to erupt, and a shimmering gold Light Screen rose from the boards. The shield rotates block an incoming Psywave attack, but the orthogonal waves just went through it! Resorting to no other choice, HL-Ralts twirled his arms, while Cosmo-Solosis wobbled on. More starbursts traded ways with Dazzling Gleam, until a sudden rapping noise attracts the attention of the crowds and players alike. It seems one of the props has been dropped to place, and the lights turned a bluish hue accordingly.

"Look, the moon is rising!"

Action 1:
Ralts used Light Screen!
Ralts is shielded from Special attacks!
Other changes: Light Screen 6a (Ralts)
-9 energy
Solosis used Psywave!
10 damage (Ralts)
-4 energy

Action 2:
Ralts used Dazzling Gleam!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6191/10000 (NO)
8+3+(3-4.5) = 9.5 damage (Solosis)
-5 energy
Solosis used Psywave!
10 damage (Ralts)
-8 energy

Action 3:
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 4254/10000 (NO)
-9 energy
Solosis used Psywave!
10 damage (Ralts)
-12 energy

Post Action:
Other changes: Light Screen 3a (Ralts)

Post Round:
Ralts: -30 HP, -23 EN
Solosis: -19 HP, -24 EN

King Serperior’s team:

HP: 60
En: 77

Maxim's team:

HP: 71
En: 76

Maxim acts
KS plots
I set

"Heh, time for me to extend my lead here. Cosmo, let's keep on rushing towards the finish line!"

Light Screen~Psywave~Psywave
If Encore A2, then use Protect.
If Psywave is Disabled, then use Thunder on all actions you would've used Psywave.

"Bravo, Baron. I do admire your skills in combat. However, it seems that you forgot that we can also come up with interesting ideas.
@ Evolite
<Of course, Director. I understand perfectly.>

"Then you know what we must do. If we cannot deal enough damage to it normally, then how about we allow it to attack itself?"

<BRILLIANT, Director, but how do we do that?>

"Simple! We Teleport directly in front of the green creature, grabbing it with your hands. Then, once the Baron's sub activates, it will be forced to use Thunder. However, since we are in direct contact with the creature, then it should receive a large portion of collateral damage. Because of this direct transfer, I would assume that it would bypass the Light Screen of Solosis. If we cannot out-damage it, then we will have it out-damage itself! After that, you will attempt to blind the creature with your attacks. At this range, you could even close your eyes"

Disable (Psywave) | Teleport (directly in front of Solosis, grabbing Solosis with it's hands, thus making physical contact, thus allowing any electricity from the Thunder to transfer directly into Solosis as well) | Dazzling Gleam (Ralts closes its eyes to prevent self-blinding and attacks At point-blank range, it should be enough to maybe stun the Solosis.)

<I do hope this works!>

"If this doesn't work, then we made an error, but I do believe it will."

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Sorry for having to bump me. Thunder will have 100% accuracy, bypass both Light Screens, do 50% recoil with the same chance of paralysis, while Dazzling Gleam would have a 30% flinch rate, also bypassing Light Screen. Also use props please :)

King Serperior’s team:

HP: 60
En: 77
Other: Light Screen 3a

Maxim's team:

HP: 71
En: 76

Seeking to emulate HL-Ralts as well, Cosmo-Solosis built a Light Screen, this one forming a tight blob that gave itself a nice sheen. The fans applaud, before hastily put on sunglasses as Thunder struck and starbursts Gleamed... But the Thunder struck both HL-Ralts and Cosmo-Solosis! With a spark of ingenuity, the former simply Teleported and clung onto the latter, enduring the electric attack together with his foe before letting bright one of his own! Oh dear, we need first aid! Looks like the show of lights nearly caused some epileptic seizures there... Even Cosmo-Solosis flinched and didn't do much in the end. Perhaps we need to dim the lights- or rather, we should provide more! After all, when the whole stage is bright, you can't shock viewers with sudden lights anymore, right?

As if on cue, the moon shone...

Action 1:
Ralts used Disable!
Solosis' Psywave is Disabled!
Other changes: Disabled Psywave 6a (Solosis)
-7 energy
Solosis used Light Screen!
Solosis is shielded from Special attacks!
Other changes: Light Screen 6a (Solosis)
-9 energy

Action 2:
Ralts used Teleport!
Ralts grabbed Solosis!
-6 energy
Solosis used Thunder!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6035/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 9201/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 8650/10000 (NO)
12+(6-4.5) = 13.5 damage (Ralts) ~ 6.75 damage (Solosis)
-8 energy

Action 3:
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6097/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 2586/10000 (EFFECT)
Solosis flinched due to Dazzling Gleam!
-5 energy
Solosis flinched!
Flinched (Dazzling Gleam)

Post Action:
Other changes: Light Screen 0a (Ralts)
Other changes: Disabled Psywave 3a, Light Screen 3a (Solosis)

Post Round:
Ralts: -13.5 HP, -18 EN
Solosis: -16.25 HP, -17 EN

King Serperior’s team:

HP: 46
En: 59

Maxim's team:

HP: 55
En: 59
Other: Light Screen 3a, Disable Psywave 3a

KS latches
Maxim flip-flops
I reff

24 Hour DQ warning. Sorry about this friend, but I'm really wanting this slot to prepare for the tourney. :(

Dang it, sorry about this, but I'm officially going to have to do this.

Disqualifying King Serperior.

Assuming you return, perhaps we can do this another time. :)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Compensation as a 1v1 reffed.

Compensation Bank said:
Maxim: 3 CC
Skitty: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 AC
Clauncher: 1 EC, 2 MC
Petilil: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 AC
Solosis: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 AC

ZhengTann: 3 UC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)