SM OU Set an GO: My way to 1800

Hi there! First post here. Recently made this team (kinda) and made my highest rank ever (1811, top 250 I think) so I'm really happy and wanted to share it. Always inspired by Joey (pokeaimmd) used some of he's sets and some of my own. This team is pretty self-explanatory but I'm making a breakdown that hope helps getting a full understanding.

First of all we have the most explosive lead on this guy: Azelf.
azelff.gif

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap​

God speed tier for OU imo, exceptional set up kit with the ability to avoid opponent's set up or at least delay it and that sweet momentum with Explosion. Only bad thing is everyone knows how this works so could be kinda tricky in some games. Skill swap helps against the Stall Sableye to ensure the Stealth Rocks.

accelgor.gif

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Yawn
- Encore
- Final Gambit​

Name a more iconic duo, I'll wait. One of my favourite 1 for 1 tools it also helps a lot with the combination of Encore and Yawn to help the set up of any of the team sweepers. Just a perfect moveset would only consider Toxic Spikes instead of regular ones.

latias mega.gif

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Reflect Type
- Recover​

The mega pokemon of the team and one of the coolest sets in the team. The combination of this kit allows you to many things such as not get Toxic'ed by Toxapex or Heatran (while having Levitate with a perfect type combination), don't get U-turned to death by Mega-Scizor or Gyro/Leech Seed by Ferro and may even break things as Unaware Clefable because Stored Power increases it's damage despite the oponent's abilty. Just a huge mon imo with an incredible bulk which allows it to Calm mind up even against Weakness.

mimikyu.gif

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough​

I know what everyone is going to say: Yes, Jolly. Allows to outspeed things that could be problematic to the team such as Kyurem-B and Specs Tapu Lele and I think is worth the investment 100%. It's double STAB has almost no resistances and Disguise is busted AF. One of the last members to be added to the team but definetly huge to it's success.

kartana.gif

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact​

The designed Z-move mon on the team and the first member of it. The combination of IVs and Nature makes Beast Boost get +1 Speed which surprises a lot of people on ladder. After an SD hits like a truck and there is almost anything capable of switching into any move + Breakneck Blitz. +2 kills Zapdos which is one of Kartana's most common switch ins and avoids Static that would be really annoying. Being bulky it's also a benefit because people will ofen calc on the glass cannon Kartana missing the kill and giving back an oportunity to sweep.

crawdaunt.gif

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off​
Last but not least the crabby mon. This thing hits like a truck and I'm the first one while doing calcs surprised of how many things it blows with either Knock or Crabhammer. Dragon Dance on 240 Spe allows you to outspeed mons with 105 Speed which means a lot of the OU Meta. +1 Aqua Jet is enough to kill many things after multiple Hazard turns like Koko with SR and 2 layer of spikes. Love Crab Pokemon so using this was really satisfying.

As far as I've seen on the ladder there are no terrible match-ups and positioning the sweeper you consider your win con can take a game from 1-5 to 1-0. Hope you like the team and thanks for reading :)

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
I absolutely love the look of this team! Though I'm not the best OU player around, I still feel I can give a few pointers. You have pseudo hazard removal in Azelf's Taunt and Accelgor's Final Gambit/Yawn, but when both Azelf and Accelgor are gone, those hazards are going to stick forever. Taunt Heatran can be quite a big issue to this team if it wasn't for Kartana, but if Kartana is removed by Scarfers, Heatran sets up rocks and begins pressuring the team majorly.

My recommendation (and I know Azelf and Accelgor are a dynamic duo) would be to replace Accelgor with a more sustainable hazard remover like Tornadus-T. Torn also forces switches as well as being a nuisance to common rockers like the aforementioned Heatran as well as Landerus-T.
AccelgorBackXY.gif
---->
Tornadus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif

This is just information and pointers given at face value, so take it with a grain of salt if you will.
I hope this will help in your future endeavors. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)