Sexy and Balanced - OU RMT

Hello fellas! I haven't played OU metagame since Platinum came out. But then I remembered my old, great OU team and wanted to try it again. I did few modifications and now my team is ready to rumble!

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the team!

Clefable (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 166 HP/136 Def/48 Spd/160 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Ice Beam

This is my own set. I love this and I promise - it really works! The idea is set up Steath Rock or Encore the opponent. Then I'm ready to fuck some Physical sweeper like Lucario, Scizor or Tyranitar. Flame Orb really cripple them! The EVs give me 372/216/216 defences and nice 270 SAtk. Ice Beam is mainly filler but it destroy dragons and Shaymin-S. Also a Status Absorber.

Heatran
(M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

The great guy from the Stark Mountain. Essential part of my team outspeeding little fuckers and sending them to hell. Fire Blast is great STAB blablabla. You know how this thing work. Considering HP Electric for Gyara cause my team has Gyarados problems.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 10 HP/252 Spd/248 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

The big menace of early DP metagame. It still works, but it isn't so good how it was. Specs Draco Meteor is still so fun! I love to OHKO-2HKO every pokemon not named Blissey or Max Steel. Easy to use but still effective so it's good choice for any team.

Metagross
@ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 154 HP/252 Atk/104 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch

AgiliGross is underused. Great way to clean mess lategame when everything is damaged or crippled. Usually kills 1-3 pokemons and is bulky too. Works well with Salamence. Moveset and EVs are standard. What else could I say. It really works.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/104 Atk/100 Def/148 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

I was using Weezing, but I had Heatran and Infernape problems so I added BulkyGyara. Counters also Fighting types, Scizor etc. Very important part of my team. I really hate when something like Starmie shows up. Gyarados doesn't usually sweep but it at least do some damage and help take some hits. Considering to use Sweeper Gyara with Life Orb.

Bronzong @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/186 Def/72 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Trick
- Explosion

Bronzong is mainly filler, but it has some good resistances and it is my Tyranitar and Salamence switch in. Tricking Band to Zapdos or Blissey is priceless and Banded Gyro Ball hits very hard. I use defensive EVs which give me equally good Def and SDef. I don't use Explosion very often so I may use something else. But I don't wanna use Hypnosis becauce its poor accuracy.

Feel to free to rate! I'm waiting your comments.

Clefable is fine, although she seems like a bit of a wasted slot if she doesn't work for whatever reason. That's Clefable in a nutshell, though, so don't worry about that.

Heatran is pretty standard. You could just go Timid or Modest rather than Naive, Explosion won't suffer much. The boost to the SpD is bigger than the hit to Explosion.

The team seems a little Life Orb Gengar weak. Life Orb Gengar can't sweep the team, but it could clean it up late game. Then again, that can be said for most teams and certain sweepers.

Nah, you shouldn't worry to much about Life Orb Gengar. Heatran outspeeds, and Bronzong and Metagross can deal with it.
I think it looks like a very well-built team, with few obvious weaknesses.
I can't really think of much, but a Hidden Power Ice Magmortar might provide some issues. But since those are as good as never used, and Heatran can come in on anything barring Cross Chop, a move it'll probably live anyway, I wouldn't be to worried.

"Listening Queen and bumbing my thread"

Had some problems with Kingdra today. + There is some other problems too. It feels that Heatran is the weakest link.

I think the Kingdra-problem is quite situational. It won't like getting the Flame Orb from Clefable. Salamence obviously kills it. Metagross can also deal heavy damage, and most likely outspeed after Agility even with Rain Dance, and Gyarados should be able to take most it does.
A mixed Kingdra in Rain can cause some problems however. A safe counter for that is hard to find, but Empoleon is the obvious one, as it resists both its STAB-moves and Return. Perhaps Empoleon over Bronzong is the thing?

Kingdra has only a few good counters. You just have to learn to play around it. The most common thing to do is to lure an Outrage or a Draco Meteor with Mence or Gyara, and switch to a steel type.

I think that a LO Rain Dance Modest Kingdra would be more of a problem than the physical version. Clefable is 2HKO'd, and with it being a lead + no recovery, it might be OHKO'd with enough damage. Heatran and Salamence are obviously OHKO'd by Surf and Dragon Pulse respectively. Metagross takes 86-101.77, so has a good chance of being OHKO'd after SR damage. Bronzong is 2HKO'd by Surf. Gyarados is only 3HKO'd by Dragon Pulse, but if it switches in, it really only gets to attack/do something once before getting killed, and that's at max health.

Still, it isn't a major problem, but if you face a rain team, keep Gyarados at full health and try and keep SR off the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)