SP Shared Power - Survey at post 418

:Coalossal: :Gardevoir: :Crawdaunt: :Espathra: :Giratina-Origin: :Corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/aec38e31dc6142e6
I'll post the funniest team I've ever played in this tier and one of the funniest in any tier.
- I started with Coalossal because (especially at the start when Drought was everywhere) Steam Engine is the funniest ability in the meta. With the amount of fire and water attacks in the tier it's going to be activated probably 6-7/8 games, if the opponent is not careful. And if they are, you have removed from the equation two prominent types of attacks.
Tera fight is there to avoid being mauled by liquidation and to boost BP.
- Gardevoir came a little bit later, because Trace is the second funniest and probably most interesting ability. Tracing a flash fire against Heatran or Ceruledge, Water Absorb against Ogerpon-whatever, one of the Ruin abilities is also really interesting because you can have made-up "walls" on the get go.
Since I started with two abilities that, I have to admit, are neither offensive nor defensive, I decided to add good catch all abilities and call it a fun team.
- Adaptability is a good one and at the time the bascus got both kicked out of the tier.
- Opportunist is there in order to (and this will shock you) not lose to setup. I'm not happy with Espathra's set, but the movepool sucks so it can't be helped. It had calm mind instead of Tera Blast but almost no one got scared of it so I changed it. It could be a different type of tera, of course.
- Levitate is there because at the time I didn't have a ground resist and had Kingambit too. This allows me to avoid webs and both types of spikes. The speed EVs on it are there to outspeed by one point jolly Crawdaunt. The rest in bulk because 90 speed is not goint to outspeed much. Of course if you find that you NEED to outspeed something else, change them (and tell me, lmao)
- Mirror Armor is really interesting as an utility ability. So many times it's going to save the day or at least not get outlucked. I had Supreme Overlord in its place but, well, we got rid of that! U-Turn could be Body Press, but idk, +4/+6 BB is enough even against steel and rock types. Tera flying both makes BB hit harder and lets Corvi survive fire attacks and become resistant to figthing.

It is not a GOOD team, but I'm fairly happy when I play it. Have fun and do not expect to become n°1 on the ladder with it (but do expect to cackle when you will have a +6 speed something).
If someone wants to try to make a serious team with either Steam Engine or Trace, please do not hold back. I know I'm not really able to.

Last edited:
W bans, the stamina teams were getting out of hand, same for magearna, who could just abuse stamina and spam calm mind, making it an unstoppable force, now i feel like we are gonna a lot more room for making more creative builds.Can't say i really had that many problems with the other things that were restricted/banned, but the changes are still welcomed :quagchamppogsire:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
We are waiting on someone so part of the slate will have to wait until later, for now:
Stamina, Gale Wings and Magic Bounce are restricted, and on top of that, Magearna and Kingambit banned!

KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlaf
StaminaRestrictRestrictRestrict
Gale WingsRestrictRestrictRestrict
Magic BounceRestrictRestrictRestrict
KingambitBanBanBan
MagearnaBanBanBan

:mudsdale:
Stamina allowed semi stall teams to punish cheap damage too easily, forcing the opponent to be extremely careful when using any offensive move that doesn't guarantee a KO. While also allowing numerous CM users to quickly gain physical bulk and become much harder to take down.

:talonflame:
Gale Wings was enabling cheap strategies like Air Slash spam and dangerous kind of HO that invalidated other forms of HO (that didn't carry Psychic Surge) by spamming high power moves like Brave Bird, Hurricane and other Flying-Type moves.

:espeon:
Magic Bounce while most of it uses on Stall teams can be found in Aroma Veil, it was having a very centralizing impact in the tier by offering too much utility in a single slot while also invalidating plenty of strategies.

:Magearna:
Because of its natural bulk and typing, Magearna was among the best options as a wincon on teams that stacked defensive abilities to enable a set-up sweeper.

:Kingambit:
It was another option for the previously mentioned archetype, but Kingambit was found on all kind of teams thanks to having both great stats and a powerful signature ability.

Expect more news during the weekend.
Now we have the rest of the slate as promised:
KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlafClefable
Psychic SurgeRestrictDon't RestrictRestrictDon't Restrict
Ice ScalesDon't RestrictRestrictRestrictDon't Restrict
ClefableBanBanAbstainDon't Ban
ScizorBanBanDon't BanDon't Ban
GreninjaBanBanBanBan

Clefable and Greninja are banned from Shared Power!
:clefable:
Thanks to Unaware it had become a quite effective wincon when paired with defensive abilities, with plenty of opportunities to set up with Cosmic Power and/or Calm Mind, and as it ignores opposite stats boosts it had a big advantage against similar strategies.

:Greninja:
Thanks to Water Shuriken, Greninja was a very difficult opponent to offensive teams without Psychic Surge or nicher stuff like Fake Out, as it could get some high damage between Skill Links, Technician, Drizzle and other abilities while boosting both offensive stats and speed if it manages to KO anything making it impossible to revenge kill.

These would be the last changes of the month, so, see ya

Kris yo

hi ive played over 100 games of shared power and managed to get top 10. very fun tier and fairly well balanced so good job council!
1700432794875.png

thought i'd share my 2 successful teams:
:zamazenta-crowned: :annihilape: :ursaluna-bloodmoon: :frosmoth: :decidueye: :ogerpon-wellspring:
https://pokepast.es/7fecd48212b7d93f
first 3 slots are wincons, frosmoth makes u not lose to special offense & webs, decidueye makes u not lose to fluffy & can kinda wallbreak vs balance/stall/setup spam & wellspring is usually a lead that can get a spike to break HO sashes and also makes u not lose to rain. idk how to tag but shoutout to InkyDarkBird whose post im quoting below, bc i shamelessly stole your idea and modified it to fit my playstyle and work with annihilape too
Zamazenta-C is one of the few Pokemon that is not relatively affected by the new changes besides with Unaware. Paired with Long Reach and a few offensive and defensive abilities (Water Absorb for anti-priority), I have been able to sweep teams using it. STAB Behemoth Bash eliminates any fairy hoping to counter it, and Ghost loses to Scrappy or Mind's Eye.
:kyogre: :toxicroak: :manaphy: :espathra: :frosmoth: :zamazenta-crowned:
https://pokepast.es/42f7c29cf0df4a30
toxicroak espathra and frosmoth are basically just for their abilities - 1/8th end of turn recovery & jet immunity, stat boost copying, and perma lightscreen respectively. kyogre sets rain and is a wincon with CM (tera electric to resist opposing electric mons like leki as well as bravebird spam), manaphy turns rest into a 100% heal in rain & is another wincon (tera fairy blocks dtail), zama is a weird last slot that buffs overall defense and greatly benefits from the 100% recovery and also makes u not lose to most physical offense including the really annoying maus teams. this one is less tested so i think it still needs work but its like good enough for mid ladder

tiering feedback:
really enjoying the tier rn and i agree with the recent changes, but theres a few things i think the council could maybe look into/discuss
:arceus-psychic: (Psychic)- stored power sets are very restrictive and unfun. mbounce restriction has nerfed it recently though so ig we'll see if it's more manageable now.
:manaphy:/:kyogre: - hydration rains like my 2nd team are also very restrictive and i think most viable bulky offensive teams are basically forced to run a water immunity even with gren banned.
:chi-yu::spectrier: frosmoth and or blissey are forced on many teams to handle special offense and i think these are probably the main culprits? probably not banworthy yet.
:zamazenta-crowned: this guy is so underrated. he might seem more broken if more people use him.
:jirachi: serene grace isnt broken but its really annoying and id prefer it gone.
:dondozo: only fought it a couple times but with natural cure, ice scales, unaware and rest, this guy does the same thing the recently banned clef does, but maybe better

Now we have the rest of the slate as promised:
KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlafClefable
Psychic SurgeRestrictDon't RestrictRestrictDon't Restrict
Ice ScalesDon't RestrictRestrictRestrictDon't Restrict
ClefableBanBanAbstainDon't Ban
ScizorBanBanDon't BanDon't Ban
GreninjaBanBanBanBan

Clefable and Greninja are banned from Shared Power!
:clefable:
Thanks to Unaware it had become a quite effective wincon when paired with defensive abilities, with plenty of opportunities to set up with Cosmic Power and/or Calm Mind, and as it ignores opposite stats boosts it had a big advantage against similar strategies.

:Greninja:
Thanks to Water Shuriken, Greninja was a very difficult opponent to offensive teams without Psychic Surge or nicher stuff like Fake Out, as it could get some high damage between Skill Links, Technician, Drizzle and other abilities while boosting both offensive stats and speed if it manages to KO anything making it impossible to revenge kill.

These would be the last changes of the month, so, see ya

Kris yo
SMH why are you letting one of the suspected mons vote on their own ban! Of course their gonna vote in favor of keeping themselves in /s.

Solid bans IMO, though I really wish Ice Scales was restricted but whatever.

Also, was Scizor also banned? The main post says it's banned but the voting slate says it's not banned.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
SMH why are you letting one of the suspected mons vote on their own ban! Of course their gonna vote in favor of keeping themselves in /s.

Solid bans IMO, though I really wish Ice Scales was restricted but whatever.

Also, was Scizor also banned? The main post says it's banned but the voting slate says it's not banned.
Is not banned, thats just copy pasting too much stuff.

https://pokepast.es/69aae32058bc4e56

Funny bug man HO, aims to use Steely Spirit, Adapta, Moxie and Technician Bullet Punch Scizor to sweep teams. Perrserker equipped with rocks to break sashes, I gave it enough speed to outspeed all crawdaunt and gave the rest of its stats in attack + some bulk. Flash Fire and Levitate are there to avoid webs and give Scizor an immunity instead of a quad weakness to Fire.

Punching Glove Tech to bypass fluffy funffy and Moxie to muscle through bulkier teams. Unaware and priority teams give this team trouble, though stall shouldn't be that bad of a matchup now that magearna fungearna is banned.

Try it before Scizor gets banned, because funny bug man should be getting the hammer imo.

Dondozo is very annoying to face. While it does get walled by Ghost + Water Absorb, a simple move change, such as using Crunch, could easily skyrocket its power. Ice Scales prevents special attackers from attacking it heavily, the Ruin abilities buff up Dondozo's defense even further, and Aroma Veil can prevent Encore and Taunt.

Tera Dragon is also really annoying to face, as the only moderately used Dragon-type is Dragapult, the only relevant offensive Fairy-type is Iron Valiant, and the only Ice-types used are Calyrex-Ice, which loses to nearly every relevant offensive threat in the meta, and Iron Bundle. Iron Bundle and Iron Valiant also force you to run a Quark Drive team in order to have proper synergy and get the most potential.

Nobody uses Haxorus. Roaring Moon is banned for Protosynthesis. Baxcalibur's ability is too niche.

Meanwhile, Tera Dragon resists Drizzle teams, Grassy Surge teams, setup teams, Galvanize teams, and Drought teams.

The only reason I have been able to beat Dondozo in the most recent slate is because of Okidogi (replacement for Kingambit) having Toxic and Decidueye with Water Absorb.

A few better plays from my opponents and I would have lost.

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Okay, I'm submitting this hard-stall team to become a sample one, I've managed to peak ladder with it.

1700607788752.png

Hyper Offense is all over the place with teams just often stacking offensive ability multipliers (say, Adaptability + Tough Claws + Hustle + No Guard) without thinking it much, mainly limiting themselves to one offensive spectrum (like, a team of only physical attackers), or not all abilities benefitting every single member of the team (except for some restricted abilities, naturally).

In more detail, this team does the typical stall stuff, walling as much as possible and slowly wearing down the opponent until they perish.

:Chansey: with Ice Scales walls nearly any special attacker in the tier, and there's not many sweepers that can fit both setup and recovery, so setup mons that could eventually break past the blob just die before they get the chance, with Shadow Ball ensuring it's not dead weight against stuff like Spectrier and Tera Ghost mons, bonus points on Pressure meaning that Focus Blast is easy to PP stall by its teammates or sometimes even itself.

:Corviknight: provides good support by removing hazards and a solid typing of its own, with U-Turn easing momentum especially early-game to keep activating the abilities of its team.

:Dondozo: with the abilities of the rest of its team becomes quite ridiculous, taking even super effective physical hits comfortably and being a wincon in itself thanks to Curse.

:Houndstone: mainly provides Fluffy to the team, but Poltergeist can hit rather decently at times against weakened opponents, especially given it ignores opposing Fluffy as it's non-contact, and Trick is useful at times to shut down a dangerous setup sweeper.

:Wo-Chien: further enhances the physical bulk of its team, granting in total a x2.5 multiplier of physical bulk alongside Fluffy, it can even live random U-Turns.

:Frosmoth: frankly would be a dead team slot if it wasn't for Ice Scales, it's usually the safest thing to sack in a match-up, but can sometimes kill weakened opponents or even more rarely setup with QD and end the game.

In general this team can struggle against the following:

- :Arboliva:Harvest teams: Harvest teams can legitimately PP stall you forever unless you manage to setup :Dondozo: so it can sweep by just OHKOing before Stuff Cheeks triggers, Knock Off from :Wo-Chien: is also an effective countermeasure as then the whole gimmick gets shut down, but teams of this sort lately run Sticky Hold to invalidate that.

- :Pincurchin:Electric Surge teams: Those sorts of teams are frankly underrated, but regardless they can also easily threaten this team, :Iron Valiant: breaks wide open the defensive cores of the team, and :Dondozo: can't even use Rest out of the terrain that's extremely easy to constantly keep on by just switching.

- :Decidueye:Long Reach teams: Long Reach renders Fluffy irrelevant, and so it renders stuff literally twice as hard to wall, :Protective Pads: also deserves a mention, but it's more niche and typically found in :Urshifu:, which can be checked by :Dondozo: if kept healthy.

- :Chansey:Other stalls: Do I have to explain? Good luck on the PP war and predicting when to cripple something's PP with :Houndstone:'s Trick.

Some tips:

- If :Chi-Yu: is on the other team, don't bring in :Houndstone: unless you really have to, the fish can legitimately overwhelm even the pink blob with its Fire moves, every other Fire-type in the meta is physical, and so doesn't make a difference as the defensive multiplier of Fluffy and its Fire weakness just cancel each other out.

- If you want to backfire physical setup mons with :Wo-Chien:, make sure to scout beforehand if it's safe for it to do so, plenty of mons run U-Turn, and some stuff can surprise you with Speed EVs, most notably :Scizor:, :Wo-Chien: is a really solid check to :Basculegion:, and Protect is a good option not only to PP stall and raise passive recovery, it can also be used to scout stuff from choice-locked opponents, with Final Gambit being a notable one.

- Make sure to lead your most important defensive ability first, often the opponent will try to overwhelm you ASAP for the sake of having a wincon, often you can afford to lead with either Fluffy or Ice Scales then switch into Corviknight to remove the incoming hazards, remember that Defog has practically more PP than a single hazard move out of Pressure.

- As a stall team, if you feel like PP stalling, try to preserve the items of your mons as much as you can and try to switch over using a move when possible, Leftovers can provide a surprising amount of longevity long term.

- Natural Cure shuts down gimmicky teams reliant on Toxic Chain + Corrosion, so don't be shy to make :Chansey: come into the early-game to preserve the health of the team.

- Be careful around opponents that can Trick a choice item, :Houndstone: is the most common, as said before, :Frosmoth: is an easy sacking option, in fact a Scarf'd :Frosmoth: can be a threat late-game by KOing weakened foes that'd otherwise KO back by being faster.

Overall, this is a quite solid team, you can swap Pressure on :Corviknight: to Unnerve instead to flip the match-up against Harvest teams, but there's some opportunity cost beyond that.

Last edited:
hey this may be a stupid question, but what is the waterpon tera ability interaction? does it act as a seventh ability, retaining water absorb and giving the new ability to the team pool?

hey this may be a stupid question, but what is the waterpon tera ability interaction? does it act as a seventh ability, retaining water absorb and giving the new ability to the team pool?
:ogerpon-wellspring: Waterpon cannot Terastallize in Shared Power due to Terastal Clause, so it will only share Water Absorb with the team.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I got this interaction wrong. Embody Aspect (Wellspring) does not work on forms other than Oger-Wellspring-Tera, so it shares but does nothing for the team. Ogerpon loses Water Absorb in standard play when it uses Tera, and based on experience in Gen 7 Randbats Mayhem where Mega Evolutions exist, in-battle forms with different abilities lose their original ability and share the new one with the team. Therefore, Ogerpon (and its team) will lose Water Absorb and the teammates gain nothing in return.

TLDR Don't tera Ogerpon-Wellspring in Shared Power.

Last edited:
I've been playing for a bit now and here are some thoughts:

- The meta seems somewhat varied and you get a few variations of teams.
- Physical HO is very potent and everywhere.
- Priority seems to be a real full-proof strat as there are very few ways of stopping it unless you have faster priority or use Indeedee (which can still be countered with any other terrain).
- I feel bad for Sp. Attackers because Physical is SO much better with the stacking of abilities, but I'd love to try out more of this.
- Stall / bulky teams seem quite good, but they have to be meticulously made and can result in some really boring battles.
- Inevitably, the same excellent-ability-mons keep popping up in most battles, makes for a kinda stale meta imo.

All in all, I understand why there are so many bans and restrictions for so many abilities, but it's limiting the meta a little. Do I think these bans and restrictions should be re-evaluated? No, cause I get why they were done in the first place. But once you play the meta for a bit, for me, it gets a little boring as the same kinda mons keep popping up. Even OU is more versatile atm. Besides this, it can be fun on the lower ladder to try out some ideas and I love the concept of the meta!

Thank you for listening to my thoughts!

:)

Its me, no. 15
3f78cbc8c17b6008c8c227a13db823c8.png

https://pokepast.es/485e913e91cf7903

I've been cooking people with this team, and I don't really want to give out my secret sauce but I'm relying on :frosmoth: and :houndstone: so this isn't super original.

Basically we pull up with the Fire, Ground, and Water immunities then we get to abuse steel types. :houndstone: makes money with Trick, sometimes destiny bond, and body press is neat for those common lycanroc leads. Those things are EVERYWHERE!!!!!

:heatran: is too cracked with iron defense and the fluffy boost. Body Press is unhinged in this meta with Ice Scales being legal. Special attackers went extinct.

:frosmoth: literally just there to cause some problems then die. set up a reflect or light screen, then dip. Quiver Dance is scuffed cause tera blast ground doesnt mean anything in this meta and everyone got their own Frosmoth.

In case they didn't forsake special attackers, I got a tera dark Amnesia :Clodsire: to stop those Stored Power goofs.

And speaking of Stored Power goofs I have a :klefki: since :magearna: is banned. It basically does the same exact thing but also has iron defense instead of Imprison.

:Rotom-Heat: is a nice levitate user and I got tired of getting cooked by :scizor:.

Issues with this team:
- We're slow. Like, really slow. Substitute is really annoying. Taunt kind of shuts down the team but it depends on how set up we are.
- Long Reach: We can usually handle it with iron defense but if they have something cracked like a crit team we might be in danger.

A few teams i would like to share with everyone

- Eternatus "balance": https://pokepast.es/84aabec2b78a2aa3 (got top 1)
- Eternatus quark drive: https://pokepast.es/4b987fb16ce38113 (got top 1)
- Dialga rain: https://pokepast.es/2fbd18c5e354027c (got top 1)
- Sash spam + calyrex: https://pokepast.es/cca27256c2466b56 (got top 1, but before the most recent changes)
- Immunities groudon + tspikes + urshifu: https://pokepast.es/53701e79bbcf06f7 (got top 1, but before the most recent changes)
- Body press spam: https://pokepast.es/aaed98a58a1bb6e9

Won't be sharing physical offense since it's extremely abundant and special offense is rather lackluster right now.

My toughts on the changes: Finally shared power is not a homogenous mess. There are many viable playstyles (stall, skill link, special, physical, no contact physical, immunities, flying spam, serene grace, guts, pixilate, balance, quark drive, rain) and no pokemon is extremely centralizing (altough i think some should be taken a look).

I don't have the time to write a detailed analysis on the metagame or some specific pokemon, but here are some stuff i would like to point out:

Underrated pokemon
1) Eternatus -> It's broken. It has speed, pressure (underrated ability), bulk (especially with immunties + fluffyscales) and power, even without boosting abilities or any special investment at all

2) Calyrex -> Same as eternatus. Shoutout to a guy named "Schizofmeta". He was the first one i saw abusing skill link + calyrex. It's monstrous.

3) Groundon -> Yeah, boosting chi-yu sucks, but groundon is just like the pokemon above.

4) Palafin -> Not broken like the others, but it is super annoying to deal with without psychic terrain or water absorb.

Overpowered abilities/pokemon

Quark drive - Pinchurchin is not bad and speed boosting without drawbacks is unfair).
Anger shell - Not fun playing against sash spam and this.
Weak Armor - I wouldn't say it's broken, since it is hard countered by slower playstyles, but i'm yet to see someone abuse this properly
Zamazenta (both forms, but especially crowned) - It has roar/rest/agility to either counter stall or destroy offense. In conjunction with other abilities, it is super difficult to deal with. Even "resists"/counters barely do anything back to it.

It’s funny how little is done to address Stall in the meta when abilities are already so massively skewed towards defense, and the offensive abilities that are problematic are instabanned.

Your condition free strongest offensive multipliers are like 1.3x at best and you have 2x Def multipliers running around unrestricted and somehow it’s fine. On average you need to stack two offensive multipliers to offset one, in a game where you only get six abilities.

None of the infinite berry cycling techs are restricted, Pressure is completely unrestricted and on a ton of Ubers mons. All your stall-breaking tools in normal metas don’t work as you have PP less infinite healing, and the only way to save yourself from PP stall is gone now because Leppa is degenerate but most stall games going to 0PP is fine.

You need to go all in on one specific offensive theme to just match the defensive levels in the tier, and yet the defensive engine gets going with like three, and has an extra three to build a secondary engine or patch the remaining type / cheese weaknesses.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
It’s funny how little is done to address Stall in the meta when abilities are already so massively skewed towards defense, and the offensive abilities that are problematic are instabanned.

Your condition free strongest offensive multipliers are like 1.3x at best and you have 2x Def multipliers running around unrestricted and somehow it’s fine. On average you need to stack two offensive multipliers to offset one, in a game where you only get six abilities.

None of the infinite berry cycling techs are restricted, Pressure is completely unrestricted and on a ton of Ubers mons. All your stall-breaking tools in normal metas don’t work as you have PP less infinite healing, and the only way to save yourself from PP stall is gone now because Leppa is degenerate but most stall games going to 0PP is fine.

You need to go all in on one specific offensive theme to just match the defensive levels in the tier, and yet the defensive engine gets going with like three, and has an extra three to build a secondary engine or patch the remaining type / cheese weaknesses.
There is no pro stall conspiracy if that's what you are implying, just this month Multiscale and Stamina were restricted, in the past we have restricted abilities like PSalt that were used exclusively by stall, and you must remember that while you need two offensive multipliers to offset one defensive multiplier, there aren't many legal defensive multipliers, in the physical side only Fluffy and Tablets of Ruin are viable options for stall, Fluffy doesn't even work on a lot of stuff and Tablets is around a 1.33x multiplies, so there is little that can be done to stop physical attackers that use non-contact moves like Calyrex-Ice, Maushold, anything with punching moves thanks to punching gloves, and you can run Decidueye to let anything ignore Fluffy. Dauntless Shield exists but is not much of an option to stall as is for balance, as stall needs to outlast the opponent and DShield only works once for each mon.

In the special side is more complicated because of Ice Scales, but even then specially oriented teams have been able to overwhelm stall thanks to all their abilities being legal on top of absurd breakers (there is barely any banned, outside the most crazy stuff in history like Flutter Mane, Miraidon and Calyrex-Shadow). With good positioning and the right move sets this kind of teams can sweep stall, just find a good chance to click NP in the right mon, and remember that Taunt is your friend.

You must also realize that offense only has all this options and more being legal because we also got some degree of defensive counterplay to it (and that defensive counterplay isn't enough to just win the game on the stop against a well-structured team), if we were to restrict Ice Scales then a lot of stuff would need to be banned, and that's something we are asking on the current survey, as we respect and listen to the opinions of the community like yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)