SHARPEDO HO Peak 21st

Introduction :sharpedo:
Just gonna get this out of the way I love sharpedo been a favourite mon of mine for a crazy amount of time. I have been on a crusade trying to find the worst sharpedo set for a while as many who frequent ou room may know. So when I for some reason decided to make a Charizard ho team sharpedo made its way onto it and thus the birth of my best team yet. This team has been a long time in the making with some massive changes that led it from struggling with 1400 to reliable in 1800 and even reaching 1900

Proof of peak

Trust me bro,
But fr trying to get this to work crashed the site several times each attempt and one attempt I lost half the rmt idk how just isn't working.

The team

:mew: :sharpedo: :garchomp: :moltres galar: :blaziken: :kartana:

:mew:
When making a ho the first thing that goes there is ofc the lead whether it be screens or hazards and for this team it was hazards. Mew is often the choice for this roll with access to great moves for hazard stack thanks to it's massive movepool.

Item: Colbur berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Moves: Stealth rock
Spikes
Taunt
Thunder wave

This is a classic lead set for mew with colbur berry combined with twave to punish dark types trying to attack this set as well as kartana as well as other annoying threats like pult. Thunder wave also has usage for torn as it cripples it and means the taunt is faster so its no longer able to defog on mew and occasionally hax an extra layer. The hazards are used to force massive chip on the targets whenever they switch in especially grounded targets if spikes layers are up this is super important in almost every matchup for this team and often becomes relied on

:sharpedo:
Onto the star of the show Sharpedo the underrated threat that continually does work in every single game its in despite zero defensive profile.

Item: Life orb
Ability: Speed boost
EVs: 252 Spatk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Nature: Modest
Moves: Hydro pump
Dark pulse
Protect
Destiny bond

Sharpedo is a great mon at many stages in the game whether it be cleaning late game or chipping key targets endgame for it's teammates or itself. It can do this with its great stab combo; a threatening high power hydro pump or a dark pulse with a scary flinch chance. It's ability combined with protect mean its incredibly hard to revenge and often means the counterplay relies on it defensively over offensively. This makes its mu vs offence and hyper offence incredibly valuable. A question posed a lot is why special this is simply the list of answers drops and often special walls are fearful of sharpedo by its higher physical attack and access to super effective moves versus these special walls. It can also lead to a potential catching of physdef walls like buzzwole hydros base power helps to compensate for it's lower special attack as well. The highlight of this set however is destiny bond in testing I realised it only needed stabs really this left me with a spare slot and I was drawn to destiny bond. This can remove very important targets for the team that are needed gone most notably fini which the point of this team was to overwhelm. It also hit urshifu, clefable, rotom wash, volcanion, which were all problematic even band rillaboom if you manage to read its that set immediately as well as multiple others that can come up on occasion.

:garchomp:
Garchomp is a mainstay of my ho and teams outside it a great mon adding super important roles any ho needs

Item: Roseli berry
Ability: Rough skin
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Spdef, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Swords dance
Earthquake
Fire fang
Scale shot

Garchomp is a valuable ho mon adding an important electric immunity and useful fire resist and tanking ability able to setup on heatran effectively. It employed a fairly standard set able to boost past a lot of the metagame through speed in scale shot or power in swords dance given sufficient turns with its high bulk enabling this possibility. Few options to switch in on this move combo and those that do switch in chipping for teammates is big. Roseli is the item used most in testing but leftovers should also work. Roseli is there to help with fini and lele which are very annoying for this team with scarf lele beating most of the team living sharpedo hits with no real moonblast switchins. And fini being the mon to overwhelm here with not many options to attack it for strong damage. Not to ignore the ability to setup decently on clefable in a pinch

:moltres galar:
Just like garchomp moltres-galar appears in many ho's of mine I still consider this mon underrated and should be used more

Item: Weakness policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 68 HP, 252 Spatk, 188 Speed
Nature: Modest
Moves: Nasty plot
Agility
Fiery wrath
Hurricane

Moltres g was added initially for its ghost resistance, grass resistance and ground immunity which are very useful for hyper offence. Its not just its defensively valuable its offenses are amazing too and can quickly spiral out of control. It benefits greatly from the sharpedo partner specifically and together overwhelm fini well and makes up for sharpedo's frailty as a dark type with great spdef. It also employs this spdef to setup and do incredible damage to teams. The EVs are run with the most bulk while keeping spatk and outspeeding scarf kartana at +2. Weakness policy helps with this potential to spiral out of control and win games early bypassing many of the more common answers such as clef after a wp boost

:kartana:
Kartana was added to make up for problems with certain mons that were very annoying to handle

Item: Choice scarf
Ability: Beast boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Leaf blade
Knock off
Sacred sword
Smart strike

Kartana was added after many tests of this slot with requirements of revenging problematic scarfers that were hard to setup on, killing fini, preventing opposing threatening sweepers from winning and being useful endgame as a cleaner. Added bonus of an improved rain matchup and killing clefable and revenging lele. Here smart strike was valued over aerial ace for its ability to kill lele clef and stop torn from defogging easily as well as the fact buzzwole is fairly easy to overwhelm here or potentially baited by the shark. It has potential to sweep endgame and threatens out a large amount of the offensive metagame and a lot of the defensive metagame too

:Blaziken:
Blaziken was a great suggestion that seemed to benefit big from the teammates

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Speed boost
EVs: 72HP, 252 Atk, 184 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Swords dance
Close combat
Flare blitz
Protect
Blaziken was the last addition from a suggestion from vertex and as mentioned seemed to fit perfectly. It benefits from the teammates massively whether it be the death of bulky waters through destiny bond sharpedo or lando through garchomp or help for the garchomp to win instead by chipping lando for it. As is known blaziken has big 4mss this set suggested I feel is the best. Swords dance is needed to get past certain walls and given a setup opportunity can win with minimal support; the stabs are almost always necessary and protect as the last choice allows to get past speed control and find more setup opportunities. The spread is from xray with speed sufficient for scarf lele at +2 and scarf urshifu where other scarfers outspeed assuming adamant either way with remaining into bulk.
How to use

With this team mew is generally the lead of choice with the exception of a suspected beat up weavile or a suspected specs blacephalon or finally an sd garchomp leading a blaziken, moltres galar or moltres galar respectively this can also include a taunt torn faced in previous matchups. Just getting up hazards is the plan with rocks and spikes up using twave if a torn, kart or weavile come in it can often be useful to preserve the mew to get hazards up against a better matchup for it.

Hazards is the most important thing to this team and playing around to preserve them or exploit defog turns is pivotal. This can involve doubles to sharpedo on the defoggers to force big chip so they are punished for their defog opportunities killing the defogger with a preserved mew is the ideal scenario. Hazards are important in several matchups too and the speed boosters benefit particularly ofc everything there does too

Think what mon destiny bond is better to remove before just clicking it and always make sure to choose the right turn to use it so if they don't attack the surprise is revealed. It can often be the play to save the sharpedo too as it can be great endgame as well as early game so don't just use destiny bond whenever they send a water in think of the potential sharpedo can have.

Against stall getting up lots of layers is key as well as preventing defog this usually involves preserving mew ensuring they attempt to defog on the sharpedo which is usually the choice that hits the defogger hardest and doubling to mew to get hazards back. Sharpedo and mew are the most important tool in these mus to making the endgame possible for teammates.

Rain is a commonly asked about matchup and just like lots of others it similarly is hazard dependant keeping hazards is essential, also weirdly blaziken is quite important if setting up at the right timing going hard on ferro as the opportunity it can often kill the pelipper which makes rain turns gone and then stalled out or damage the zapdos to where kart threatens massively; sharpedo is ofc important as it stalls rain turns and does heavy damage to the majority of the team, try to force a trade with molt g and preserve something to eat cc endgame usually chomp.

The endgame is very important and having a plan for it is important generally blaziken is opted for with exceptions of a particularly good sharpedo matchup and in a seemingly bad matchup garchomp is opted for its ability to win randomly.

Big Threats

:Clefable: Unaware clefable is a menace as its partners generally mean the hazards are gone pretty quickly and it then demolishes most of the team. This can be bypassed with careful hazard stack or a dbond/ hydro on the switch from sharpedo getting it into range of attacks.

:Toxapex: Toxapex if hazards arent up it can be very annoying to deal with as the damage on it can be small and can beat the team endgame when they trade for hazards becoming incredibly hard to kill so preserving chomp is very important and often becomes the wincon and often mew to reset hazards on occasion

:Lele: Scarf lele in particular is problematic as without hazards it lives hits from most of the team and stops setup on speed boosters with its speed. Roseli chomp and scary doubles with scarf kart into punishing the switch in through doubles is big and sometimes a dbond from sharpedo is the play. I find as you play more with the team it got a lot easier to handle however

:Garchomp: Garchomp is a massive threat incredibly hard to revenge outside of double protect speed boost given free setup vs mew leads and kart cannot kill it from high health even with a defence drop a good strategy is to lead with moltres galar as most other things die to it or are easy setup a well played chomp is probably the worst thing for this team.
Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1618099250 the whole team puts in the hours
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1619140519-l55g99t6782d8z0wichjt3gi0j4djojpw skilled play can overcome anything (so sorry for this terrible game)*
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1619142293-oicdyeuc8fhjqkgegmp5ky5sr8n4o0cpw blaziken carrying vs sun*
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1619166199 catching the physical walls with the sharpedo
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1619180491 unfortunate blaziken game with a clutch sharpedo dbond
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1618763176 dbond sharpedo saving the unaware clef mu
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1618727113 sharpedo saves the endgame
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1618096867 forgot to use roseli so the double protect sharpedo saved the day
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1622736865 blaziken paving the way for scarf kart win
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1622734012 dbond sharpedo killing the one stop

Pokepastes
In the shark tank (pokepast.es) Most recent edition
Untitled 452 (pokepast.es) Blastoise version better lele mu but overall worse imo

Outro :sharpedo:

Tldr destiny bond sharpedo is the best sharpedo set; spikes stack is crazy and sharpedo is the best speed booster fight me. Thanks to vertex for the blaziken suggestion it just fit so amazingly and appreciating the destiny bond also managing to persuade me to drop blastoise rip stoise. Thanks to libra/libaa for helping since almost the start with some banger ideas and being a fellow cool team user :hatterene:.Thanks to pinkacross for the inspiration with their crazy good rmt's as I'm sure a lot of you noticed the inspiration and being cool about it. And thanks to innovamania, yeshahR, IExistYouDont ,zozb, o7 CloudyEJ and sww-suwa as well as plenty of others in ou room for trying the team out also sorry for your points lol. :Sharpedo:

This RMT has changed my perspective on Pokémon, the Universe, and the greater things in life. It has shown me that the little moments have a huge impact on the way I am shaped, and I am proud that one of those moments was my encounter with this RMT page. An absolute work of art.

Looks super cool! Nice to hear it has worked well for you, Sharpedo seems like a really cool mon to be building with. However, would it be possible to run Balloon on Blaziken over Leftovers? I feel like being able to get in the face of stuff like Heatran, Garchomp, Landorus or even a well chipped Ice Punch Dnite is invaluable for this team because it can't immediately overwhelm those mons, and I think it complements the team better than Leftovers does.

Looks super cool! Nice to hear it has worked well for you, Sharpedo seems like a really cool mon to be building with. However, would it be possible to run Balloon on Blaziken over Leftovers? I feel like being able to get in the face of stuff like Heatran, Garchomp, Landorus or even a well chipped Ice Punch Dnite is invaluable for this team because it can't immediately overwhelm those mons, and I think it complements the team better than Leftovers does.
Yes definitely I'd say that's one of the changes that works well tho I'm still biased towards lefties personally

What specifically does Leftovers do for it?
Nothing specific just general longevity plus with protect it can often stack up most notable example is assuming terrain is up as first to come to mind tho plus I generally find myself less in situations where I plan to setup on the ground anyway tho ofc it would be useful

Nothing specific just general longevity plus with protect it can often stack up most notable example is assuming terrain is up as first to come to mind tho plus I generally find myself less in situations where I plan to setup on the ground anyway tho ofc it would be useful
I might try it with loon then, see how it goes. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)