ORAS OU Sharpedo is what we needo

Hello I'm dr.flygon today im gonna be building around mega sharpedo, one of the most underrated but viable megas.
Enjoy :]

pedo we nedo (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Mega Sharpedo is a very underrated pokemon, it can work really good as a cleaner since a lot of teams aren't prepared for it in the current OU meta, it also has a powerful 140 attack with the ability strong jaw wich boosts the power of moves like crunch and ice fang etc.
Crunch is sharpedo's main move wich has a powerful 180 power after STAB and strong jaw, hydro pump can hit the special side, even though we're not running max investment it can still do damage, ice fang can hit important grass types like amoonguss and tangrowth and OHKO lando without having to worry about hitting hydro pump.

Blue cucumber~ (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Next, i added latios it is a great keldeo check and can easily OHKO it with psyshock making it easier for sharpedo to clean, it has recover to heal the damage it takes from keldeo and other pokemon it can switch into it is also a great defogger reducing the damage its other teammates take from hazards.

hp ice (Infernape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 124 SpD / 48 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Low Kick
Originally i was gonna put keldeo over infernape but after testing i realized that im weak to grass types, infernape is quite an underrated pokemon it's a great utility mon that can weaken a lot of stuff wirh willowisp like lando and rotom. It does a great job checking weavile and bisharp.

fat (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a really great utility mon, it can switch into latis, defensive ground types starmie and much more. Running spikes is highly recommended if running stealth rock on infernape, it makes KOs much more easier for sharpedo and has great synergy with it's other teammates (sharpedo, infernape and ferrothorn completing a fire water grass core.) It also checks fairies wich annoy sharpedo and latios

Man of the house (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 def / 244 Spe / 8 spd / 8 spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Landorus is a great defensive pokemon wich csn switch into a lot of physical attacks thanks to intimidate, ice is it's biggest weaknesses that's why i gave it a yache berry in order to deal with mega lopunny and mega manectric much better. Knock off is to get rid of any shed shells especially on skarmory and ferrothorn. It also helps weaken a lot of other pokemon like rotom wash and opposing landorus.

Not duggy (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
Magnezone really helps sharpedo by trapping ferrothorn and skarmory. It also gets a lot of momentum for the team through volt switch. It completes the VolTurn core between itself and landorus and it outzpeeds some threats like keldeo and other water types.

Special Thanks:
delibird=santa for providing me with the gifs
Big Dnite for helping with the descriptions

Last edited:
Awesome team and an even more awesome looking thread! I recommend you add a threatlist for the team based on your own experiences. I presonally see Mega Lopunny being a huge threat to the team, since the team doesn't really have a good switch-in. I suppose a way of dealing with it would be burning it with Nape, but that's not particularly reliable. I suppose switching to Physically Defensive Landorus-T could work, yet it would cost you a lot of speed for the team.

Awesome team and an even more awesome looking thread! I recommend you add a threatlist for the team based on your own experiences. I presonally see Mega Lopunny being a huge threat to the team, since the team doesn't really have a good switch-in. I suppose a way of dealing with it would be burning it with Nape, but that's not particularly reliable. I suppose switching to Physically Defensive Landorus-T could work, yet it would cost you a lot of speed for the team.
If he did this I would recommend changing magnezone to scarf to provide some speed control .As if it isnt scarf zone keldeo plus T-tar is instant 6-0 although this is true for a lot of teams .Also I would recommend making ape Rocky helmet personally it hate rocky helmet but it just suits Ape so well also you can run 29hp Ivs on latios to make the most out of LO but that just a niche thing nothing to worrie about.

Mega Lopunny is indeed a big threat to this team as well as some other pokemon I'll make sure to add a threat list as soon as possible also defensive lando sounds like a good way to deal with some of these threats :]

If he did this I would recommend changing magnezone to scarf to provide some speed control .As if it isnt scarf zone keldeo plus T-tar is instant 6-0 although this is true for a lot of teams .Also I would recommend making ape Rocky helmet personally it hate rocky helmet but it just suits Ape so well also you can run 29hp Ivs on latios to make the most out of LO but that just a niche thing nothing to worrie about.
Another great suggestion, scarf mag looks fitting for this team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)