SS OU Shedinja Into HO Team

I had this idea after a particularly successful game of randoms. I'd gotten Shedinja with the shown moveset, and Coalossal with Spikes and Rocks. The two made a good combo, and inspired this team. It was only after I'd made the team that I realized it didn't contain a single OU Pokemon. Despite that, it works pretty well.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
The star of the team! Shedinja's job is to force switches, working in tandem with Coalossal's hazards to quickly rack up chip damage on the enemy team. Will-O-Wisp is used when you're not sure what to switch into, as unless your opponent has Flash Fire, there's basically no down-side to using it. Its 3 other moves are just the standard STABs, with shadow sneak for revenge killing.

Coalossal @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
Sets hazards. Very important. Air Balloon allows it to win against Excadrill, and Explosion is used when you think you're about to die. Also quite important, Coalossal can tank just about any hit that Shedinja fears, and have enough health to get up a hazard, or even threaten a K.O. against almost anything that isn't a ghost.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
Tbh this is the most boring part of the team. I needed a spinner, and Hitmontop just seemed right. Intimidate is super useful to have especially paired with Rotom and Coalossal, and I wanted fighting coverage, so I went with it.

Rotom-Mow @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
Yes, you're seeing this right. AV Rotom. Why? Because I need this Rotom to single-handedly check rain. Combined with Hitmontop's Intimidate, it's bulky enough to do that. Combining with an untouched Coalossal also allows me to ignore spikes, and keep pivoting between the two. 10/10 pivot.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
Gosh, I sure have racked up a lot of hazard damage. Be a shame if I just sent out Haxorus and started OHKOing everything. DDance is used in case the enemy has Dragapult or a suspected scarfer. Outrage is a fairly obvious raw power STAB, although with a Dance you can probably sub in Dragon Claw to avoid being locked in. Poison Jab covers Hatterene and other fairies, and Earthquake covers Toxapex and overall just fills out your coverage nicely.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind
For use if your opponent's team is more physically bulky than specially. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are great STABS, and after 2 Calm Minds, Shadow Ball threatens out Toxapex. Energy Ball is great coverage to have, allowing you to beat any bulky water types.

Cool idea. I've personally been looking into working alot of immunities into my teams to have alot of free switch-ins. Right now Chandelure doesn't make much sense. No need to have 2 pokémon that cover Shedinja's fire weakness. I'd consider Steam Engine on Coalossal. The rock-fire typing already has double resistances against fire and the speed boost is insane. Coalossal resists most of Shedinja's weaknesses but I'd advice trying to build more towards standard threats. Expert Belt Dragapult is one of the most played mons in OU and this team seems to struggle against it.

Cool idea. I've personally been looking into working alot of immunities into my teams to have alot of free switch-ins. Right now Chandelure doesn't make much sense. No need to have 2 pokémon that cover Shedinja's fire weakness. I'd consider Steam Engine on Coalossal. The rock-fire typing already has double resistances against fire and the speed boost is insane. Coalossal resists most of Shedinja's weaknesses but I'd advice trying to build more towards standard threats. Expert Belt Dragapult is one of the most played mons in OU and this team seems to struggle against it.
I agree with you on switching flash fire for steam engine. I feel like that would be much more useful. Maybe swords dance on Shedinja, because it is not that strong, right? I think hitmontops sucker punch could be a decent answer to dragapult, unless it is sub.

Yo! Cool team idea. I like Shedninja/Ninjask a lot in general. I think you should consider having double hazard removal since you have the ghost bug wonder. Why not swap spikes for rapid spin onto Colossal as well? Its probably more important for you to be getting rid of hazards than setting them up with Shedninja. If you want to keep both maybe put rocks on the excadrill and keep spikes on colossal? Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)