ORAS UU Shedinja Stall (Peaked #1, 1669)

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone,

This is Meowiekins, back to share with you one of my favorite teams that I’ve built so far in generation 6. Also, I’m proud to say that this is the first team that I’ve ever peaked #1 with! ^_^
meowiekins peak.JPG

Anyways, before we get into the team I would like to thank Eaglehawk, for helping me to build the team; Bob the Bro, for being a loser and exploring the team idea a bit more; and to all my other frens in the UU room on PS! who helped along the way.

Alright now that the shoutouts are out of the way I’d like to talk a little bit about where the idea for this team came from. To do this I’m going to tell a little story. Once upon a time, there was a little Meowiekins. This little Meowiekins was afraid of the big, bad ORAS metagame. No matter what he did the ORAS metagame blocked him at every turn. He tried abusing the new megas to no avail. He used the powerful wallbreaker, Staraptor, but was also faced with defeat. Finally, he tried an evil contraption using Klefki. This team worked okay but when the new threats were gone, Meowie had nothing left to play with! He grew frustrated trying to make new teams and couldn’t seem to do it. So instead of looking forwards to new ideas, he looked backwards to rediscover old ones. When he saw his old trusty Shedinja team that he made so long ago, a tear came to his eye in fond remembrance. He dusted off that old team and took it for a spin, only to find that it still worked in some capacity. This inspired him to make a new team around Shedinja, a better team.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

The Based Lord himself. As I said in the strange intro to this team, I was building around Shedinja again. Shedinja is a really cool pokemon in the metagame that hard counters a lot of gigantic threats such as Lopunny-Mega, Suicune, and Zygarde. I noticed that all three of these Pokémon are problems to stall and a lightbulb clicked in my head. Shedinja could be used to consolidate all of the slots needed to check these Pokémon on stall. From there I decided to play stall.

From my previous experience with Shedinja I learned a few things. The primary being that the most common switch in to Shedinja is Crobat. Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl are destroyed by Mega Aggron while he provides a great backbone, Stealth Rock, and phazing for the team. A logical choice.

After these two were established I realized I needed hazard removal for my good friend Shedinja over there. My previous escapades showed that Tentacruel was a spectacular fit in this position.

3 Pokémon deep in a stall team and I still didn’t have Wish support! Well, early on Florges certainly did that. It provided a solid Cleric where Aggron, Tentacruel, and Florges could wall significant portions of the tier.

Shedinja teams often require more than one form of hazard removal and Crobat was the next logical choice for me. It didn’t end up staying too long as I was far too weak to Swampert but I don’t think it was my worst choice.

The big boy. I noticed a severe weakness to things such as Rotom-H and Chandelure and while I’m still weak to the second one if it’s CM, Snorlax seemed a nice fit here.

As I said earlier, Crobat wasn’t working out so I threw on a Xatu instead. This helped with my Swampert weakness tremendously while also providing Magic Bounce support which kept hazards off the field entirely.

Mega Gallade and Banded Krookodile took me for a loop too many times. Aromatisse over Florges served as a solid replacement to alleviate my pain and help me out there.

Now to the movesets!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Shedinja is the star of the show and often a major contributor in my wins. The set is moderately standard aside from the Will-O-Wisp. The primary use for the move is to catch Pokémon like Crobat or Jirachi switching in. The extra residual damage from the burn really helps to eliminate them as a threat. Swords Dance is the crux of the set and allows for some awesome mind games to take place. For example, if the first time Shedinja comes in it hits a Krookodile on the switch with X-Scissor then you can Swords Dance to kill it with Shadow Sneak even if it doesn’t want to switch in. The real beauty of Shedinja is that it forces a ton of switches and walls countless threats in the metagame. The primary ones that come to mind are Substitute Bulk Up Gallade, Zygarde, Suicune, Curselax, CM Cresselia, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Mega Lopunny, Kingdra, some Mega Beedrill, Celebi, etc. The list is enormous. Oftentimes, the opponent will only have 1 or 2 things that can really deal with Shedinja and once those are eliminated and hazards are removed the game is over.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mega Aggron was the second player I added to this team. It serves as the team’s primary answer to Crobat, Mega Aerodactyl, Fletchinder, Jirachi, and a host of other threats. In general, it is just a ridiculously bulky Pokémon that lives pretty much any one hit and retaliates back with big damage. I run specially defensive EVs to ensure that I don’t get destroyed by weak special hits. It also allows me to set up Stealth Rock in Suicune’s face seeing as I have a designated counter that destroys it every time. Initially, I had Toxic over Earthquake but I found not being able to hit other Steel-types like Empoleon was far too frustrating. I miss Toxic at times but think the switch was a good one on the whole.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

The first part of my hazard control core has arrived. Defensive Tentacruel is a great Pokémon in the meta right now. It serves as a decent answer to Fire-spam from the likes of Darmanitan and can function as a backup check to Lucario in a pinch. In addition, Toxic Spikes are ridiculously good in this metagame, particularly on a stall team such as this one. Gaining passive damage on stuff like Krookodile and Swampert is invaluable due to the magnitude of threat they can provide to my team. Acid Spray is here to help beat Toxic Florges if Aggron is incapacitated in some way. It also serves as a backup check to some random things should Shedinja be removed. Rapid Spin obviously clears the way for Shedinja to come in on if hazards are up.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Aromatisse took Florges’ spot and I haven’t looked back since. Aromatisse’s added physical bulk goes a really long way in UU. Its added bulk lets it check Zygarde, Gallade, Lopunny, Mega Aerodactyl, Crobat, Infernape, etc. In general, I feel like Aromatisse is better suited to the tier, especially at the current moment. Aromatisse still serves as a great Hydreigon switch-in, provided you don’t get smacked by Life Orb Flash Cannon. Aromatisse also suffers versus things like Raikou and Mega Ampharos. Despite this, Aroma still provides much needed recovery to the team and can heal Snorlax’s sleep if I really need it awake.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Night Shade
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Roost

This is the second portion of my hazard control core. This part serves as my hazard prevention Pokémon. It doesn’t see too much action but finds good switch-ins versus Swampert and Forretress especially. Rocky Helmet in combination with Aromatisse lets me take down Mega Gallade even if hazards have already come up. Rocky Helmet has many random uses that I end up finding as oftentimes an extra 16% damage can be invaluable to make something die to hazards on the switch in. Giga Drain helps me against Swampert and Krookodile if I’m feeling adventurous. Toxic can nab things like Rotom-Heat who can be problematic for the team. Roost is a pretty obvious move here as it allows Xatu to come in multiple times on Swampert.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Rest

Okay, I started using Snorlax knowing full well that it would probably be very lackluster at the moment do to all the different Fighting-types running around. However, I’ve been extremely pleasantly surprised. Snorlax sets up on tons of things in the metagame such as Roserade, Forretress, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Rotom-Heat, Pidgeot, etc. Basically any Special attacker gets walled and set up on by this glorious beast. In addition, the Fighting-types who give Snorlax so much trouble absolutely DESPISE coming in on a Body Slam so if you predict correctly then you don’t have to worry about their Mienshao any longer. Snorlax is a reliable win condition almost every match that succeeds even when you expect it to fail, I highly recommend it.

So there you have it. The first team to ever take me to the top. It's been a fun ride and the team is a lot of fun to use just be warned, a slight misstep can result in you getting the game flipped on your head! Again I'd like to thank all my uu frens for being awesome and shiz ^_^

DMT (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Night Shade
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Roost

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Rest

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
THREAT LIST
*the threat level is basically the amount of importance I allot that threat in the team preview phase. I don't really need to be afraid of something like Suicune when I see it in team preview and as such it has a low rating. Common Jirachi sets do not threaten this team very much and thus garner a low rating. This does not mean that Jirachi will not destroy me or that Suicune will not pull through if something crazy should happen in the match. This is merely initial reactions and the level of threat I associate with particular Pokémon at the start of a match.

Threats are listed according to their position in the UU Viability Ranking Thread at the time of making this post.

- A combination of Shedinja, Snorlax, and Aromatisse is usually able to handle this guy depending on his moveset. If he predicts a switch into Shedinja and punishes with Shadow Ball I can be in trouble. Non Focus Blast variants are a complete non-issue.
Threat Level:
5/10
- Aromatisse does an okay job of handling it 1v1 but ultimately loses if it has to switch in on anything other than Close Combat. Sub Bulk Up variants are completely walled by Aroma and Shedinja. If I chunk this with Aromatisse then Shedinja can revenge although potentially at the cost of its Focus Sash.
Threat Level:
8/10
-
Walled by Shedinja completely barring the rare Toxic (curse you Volbeatdown). Aromatisse beats it 1v1 sometimes although I need to be more aware of what Aroma Veil actually does >.<
Threat Level:
5/10
- Mega Aggron is my first switch. Sub CM gets destroyed by Shedinja whereas Scarf Variants get handled by Aggron. A predicted U-Turn can net me a free Will-O-Wisp with Shedinja as it switches out. I have to watch out for Trick or else I can be in trouble. Burning this makes it much easier to handle.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Shedinja destroys every Suicune ever made. Curselax has a chance to beat it 1 on 1. Acid Spray Tentacruel also limits it. Emergency Roar can be used if it gets greedy.
Threat Level:
3/10
- Shedinja walls pretty much every Zygarde out there. Aromatisse walls the rest of them. Tentacruel can live an unboosted Earthquake to Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock for Shedinja. Toxic Spikes also severely limit Sub Coil Zygarde's staying power.
Threat Level:
5/10

- Mega Aggron beats it a few times. Aromatisse handles all but Hone Claws, Roost. Tenta can live an Earthquake and really hurt it with Scald. Shedinja's Focus Sash can be used to burn it in a pinch. Watch out for Pursuit on this guy though. He can really mess up the team's flow if Shedinja's sash gets popped too early, forcing you to play more aggressively where you can be punished.
Threat Level:
5/10
- Aromatisse handles most variants of Hydreigon. Curselax can handle the rest fairly well. Shedinja's Focus Sash can be used to kill it so long as you don't get flinched.
Threat Level:
6/10
- Aromatisse deals with almost every Mienshao in existence. Predicted U-Turns on Choiced Mienshao lead to free turns with Shedinja. Watch out for Knock Off. Mega Aggron can bulk a HJK no problem. After a few curses Snorlax doesn't care what Mienshao is going to do. Tenta also handles it.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Xatu is my only real answer to Roar Pert. Toxic Pert is much easier to handle because then CurseLax destroys it. If Pert burns Xatu on the switch be very careful as you are liable to get really annoyed when Shedinja gets Roared in on hazards and just dies.
Threat Level:
7/10

- Aromatisse and Aggron both stop this cold. Tenta can handle it in a pinch. Shedinja can also burn its Sash to kill it.

Threat Level: 3/10
- This thing is actually quite annoying. Curselax gets phazed out, Shedinja gets phazed or toxic'd, and Tentacruel gets EQ'd. Burning with Shedinja is a possibility. Generally speaking, just wear it down and try to prevent it from getting wishes.

Threat Level: 7/10
- Less threatening version of Mega Zam.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Lead with Aggron. He lays down Stealth Rocks that you can spin away most times. Meanwhile, you kill it and potentially lay down your own rocks. Don't switch Xatu in to block rocks. It's really not worth it.

Threat Level: 4/10
- Mega Aggron beats every Beedrill. Shedinja beats Beedrill without Knock Off. I generally go to Shedinja first and then to Aggron to Scout if it has Knock off or Drill Run. He's highly unlikely to Drill Run a Shedinja so Aggron is safe to come in and get its Mega Evo off.
Threat Level:
4/10
- If it has Aura Sphere this basically 6-0's me.
Threat Level: 9/10

- Shedinja or Xatu are my go-to switches versus Celebi. Curselax can also set up on it. Nasty Plot sets are Walled by Shedinja but I have to watch out for NastyPass. SD Pass gets roared out by Mega Aggron.
Threat Level:
4/10
- I scout what set it is. If it is a support set then I kinda seethe silently because the better set is Sub CM. Curselax beats support Cresselia (it may beat Sub CM idk, never tried). Shedinja walls Sub CM Cress.
Threat Level:
4/10
- The reason I have Mega Aggron is specifically to switch into this. Aromatisse can also check it and pass a wish freely thanks to Aroma Veil granting Taunt immunity. Tentacruel can "check" it I suppose but it really shouldn't have to.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Secret Counterteam is Life Orb Machamp. Pls don't bring it versus me ^_^ But really, Machamp is a real threat if I don't predict around it properly. Toxic Spikes and Rocky Helmet can help me to wear it down but I still have to be very cautious if I really can't lose Shedinja's Focus Sash.

Threat Level: 8/10
- Walled by Shedinja, set up on by Curselax, but still a threat. Mainly because it pressure my hazard removal core very well. Don't try to bounce back rocks, it's not worth it most times.
Threat Level:
6/10
- Snorlax "walls" it so long as no Special Defense drops. Mega Aggron can bulk an Earth Power with my spread and do big damage back. Shedinja walls some variants just make sure to scout before you switch it in.
Threat Level:
6/10
- This thing is pretty annoying actually. It's one of the bulky waters who can actually threaten Shedinja, depending on its set. In addition, it lays hazards which are annoying (granted TSpikes aren't that annoying to this team). Set up bait for Curselax.
Threat Level:
5/10
- Set up bait for Curselax and Shedinja if it doesn't have Roar or Toxic. Can be an annoying defensive Pokémon that stops Tentacruel in its tracks.
Threat Level:
4/10

- Sub CM Chandelure literally destroys my life. Specs/Scarf can be handled by a combo of Shedinja's Shadow Sneak, Snorlax, Mega Aggron to block Trick, and Tentacruel.
Threat Level: 10/10

- AV Donphan kind of wrecks me sort of. Aromatisse doesn't particularly like taking Earthquakes, especially if hazards are on the field. Lax can handle it easy if it has a boost. Shedinja can hopefully burn it on the switch in.

Threat Level: 6/10

- This is by far the most ANNOYING thing for the team. It just seems like I can never kill it. Burning it with Scald/Will-O-Wisp is pretty much my only answer unless I catch it on the switch with an Earthquake from Aggron.
Threat Level:
7/10
- Snorlax and Tentacruel can handle it in tandem. Choiced variants can grant Shedinja free set up opportunities. If its poisoned then Aromatisse can kind of handle it/stall it out.
Threat Level:
6/10
- I honestly prefer Defog variants of Flygon as I can just Toxic it with Xatu. It's not too hard for me to lay down hazards a second time so Defog doesn't affect me as badly as a Toxic'd Gligar does to the opponent. Xatu walls this thing to eternity. Shedinja and Snorlax also both set up on it.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Mix Ape can be a pain to deal with, particularly when I'm not expecting it. Aromatisse is generally a good answer, as is Tentacruel. Xatu can bulk a Flare Blitz and cause it to take ridiculous amounts of recoil with Flare Blitz in tandem with Rocky Helmet.
Threat Level:
8/10
- Banded Krookodile is another one of the things that absolutely goes in versus my team. A well played Krookodile can dismantle me completely and is one of the reasons that I absolutely need Aromatisse over Florges. I have to play very well around Krookodile if I want to win. Again, Choice-locked Pokémon afford free set up opportunities for Shedinja. Click X-Scissor often when facing Krookodile. Catching it on the switch with an X-Scissor is invaluable.
Threat Level:
8/10
- Most Lucario are walled by Shedinja. Those that aren't can be dealt with by a combo of Tentacruel and Aromatisse.
Threat Level:
5/10
- Walled by either Shedinja or CurseLax, depending on its coverage option. Either Pokémon can set up on it. Still a large threat if either of those cannot switch in safely.
Threat Level:
7/10
- Snorlax can handle Mega Pidgeot nicely. However, confusion hax from Hurricane can really prove problematic. Mega Aggron also serves as a nice stop if it comes down to it.

Threat Level:
6/10

- Shedinja blocks Volt Switch, although be careful of non-choiced variants surprising you and breaking your sash. I like to go to Shedinja once and then immediately switch to Snorlax in case they are Assault Vest or something.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Snorlax beats it but you have to be wary of it setting up hazards. Shedinja beats non Hidden Power Fire variants. Not worth it to bounce back hazards most times. Tentacruel can spin away its hazards fairly freely but you have to be careful that you don't get put to sleep.

Threat Level: 5/10

- As far as I know, Shedinja walls this Pokémon regardless of the set it is running. If it happens to be running HP Fire then it is likely that Snorlax can handle it. If it is running Rock Slide then Mega Aggron can handle it.

- Shedinja beats every Starmie in existence. Be wary of Trick Scarf.
Threat Level:
3/10
- Aromatisse, Shedinja, and Xatu all do okay versus this guy. Watch out for Stealth Rock or Surprise Ice Punch. Toxic Spikes make it much easier to handle. RestTalk variants are dismantled by Shedinja.

- DON'T USE WILL-O-WISP IF THIS IS IN THE GAME. Aside from that, Shedinja more or less beats it. Aromatisse walls it, Tentacruel can lay hazards in its face, and CurseLax can set up on it.

Threat Level:
4/10
- Mega Aggron, Shedinja, and Tenta all beat most sets.
Threat Level:
3/10

- Not being able to block Volt Switch with Shedinja is quite annoying. Snorlax can handle it to a degree but gets worn down easily.

Threat Level:
7/10

- Offensive Arcanine kind of destroys me for the same reasons Infernape does. Fire/Fighting/Electric coverage provides a real problem for me. Defensive Arcanine doesn't go down easily either, making this a tough Pokémon for the team to handle.

- Another wall for Curselax and Shedinja to set up on. TSpikes go up for free and can Rapid Spin freely against it.

- Same as Aromatisse except I have to be more alert for potential Toxic use.

Threat Level:
3/10
- Walled by Shedinja most often. Swords Dance sets can somewhat be handled by Tentacruel and Mega Aggron can eat an unboosted Close Combat.

Threat Level:
4/10
- Trapping Tentacruel could be an issue as I would have to play very foolishly with Xatu to ensure Shedinja doesnt just die. All it can trap is Tentacruel though, so it's not the biggest issue.

Threat Level:
4/10
- Handled by Mega Aggron and Tentacruel. However, those two certainly can get worn down late in the match making Fletch a potent threat late in the game.

- SD Hax 6-0's me. Don't tell anyone.

Threat Level: 10/10

- Sand is supremely annoying as it really limits my checks to things like Zygarde, Rachi, Suicune, etc. Xatu can handle it 1 on 1 but with teammates in the mix it can be difficult.
Threat Level: 9/10

- Toxic Florges seems to be very common so I tend to throw Snorlax or Tentacruel at this guy before attempting to use Shedinja. Aroma can use this to pass a wish if necessary.

- Snorlax or Shedinja can usually capitalize on this guys presence. Tentacruel certainly can.

- Walled by Shedinja or Snorlax depending on sets. Aromatisse also does a good job at beating non-specs variants.

- If it has Psyshock and Focus Blast, Shedinja beats it. If it has Psyshock and Shadow Ball, Curselax beats it. If it's offensive Trick Room then I have a bit of trouble but can usually find some way to wear it down.

- Walled by Lax/Aggron. Watch out for Trick and Will-O-Wisp if you try to use Shedinja versus it.
Threat Level:
4/10
- Same as above only Aggron is not a good answer. Tentacruel can come in on overheat and then tank Volt Switch no problem. Again, watch out for Trick.

- Mega Aggron and Aromatisse do a great job of handling this. Shedinja can burn its Focus Sash to guarantee a KO if needed.

- If its Banded or Assault Vest then Mega Aggron walls it completely. Toxic Spikes are nice to wear it down more quickly. Shedinja walls Curselax no problem.

- Snorlax is a good answer. Mega Aggron can handle Life Orb, as can Tentacruel. Shedinja can capitalize on Choice Specs Yanmega locked into Bug Buzz.

- Haven't faced one but I imagine that Mega Aggron would be able to handle it with no problems.

- Set up bait for CurseLax. Free Toxic Spikes for Tentacruel. Free wish for Aromatisse.
- They may as well be handing you a CurseLax sweep.

- Xatu walls this to hell and back. Just Toxic and watch it squirm. Watch out for Spiky Shield/Rocky Helmet with Shedinja!

- Banded Darmanitan can ruin me. If its scarf then I can easily just use Tentacruel and Snorlax to handle it. Banded sort of forces me to sack Xatu for some nice recoil damage. Getting hazards up versus this guy is very important.

- Mega Aggron and Tentacruel both stop it in its tracks. If those two get weakened it can be a pain though.

- Shedinja is a catch all answer to pretty much every Dragalge set there is. Mega Aggron can handle most variants as well. Snorlax can set up on -2 Dragalge very easily.

- Xatu walls it, free Curses for Snorlax. Burning it with Shedinja is helpful. Watch out for Rocky Helmet.

- This does nothing versus me. Icy Wind doesn't do enough damage to force me out of Xatu and I can remove Spikes later if they go up anyways.

- Mega Aggron eats it for breakfast. Aromatisse can also handle it. Forcing suicide recoil isn't too hard with a Rocky Helmet user. Shedinja losing its Focus Sash can be worth it if it's getting out of control.

- This is one of those things that is supremely annoying for me. Toxic'ing it is of the highest priority. Aromatisse "walls" it but they both just sit there glaring menacingly at each other.

- Aromatisse, Mega Aggron, and Snorlax all handle it fairly well.

- Shedinja, Mega Aggron, and Snorlax all can check this guy. Watch out for Trick and Nasty Plot!

- Burn or Toxic this if you can. It's annoying but not much else.

- Offensive Rhyperior definitely has the potential to power through my team.
Aromatisse can't handle it, Mega Aggron has difficulty, and Tentacruel also struggles. Shedinja gets OHKO'd by Rock Blast. Be wary of this guy and maybe try to catch him with a surprise Giga Drain from Xatu.

- Less threatening version of Mega Sharpedo.

- This does nothing.

- Handled by Mega Aggron or Snorlax depending on the set. This guy can definitely be a problem however.

- Xatu blocks Stealth Rock. Snorlax sets up on it. Tenta lays a TSpike in its face.

- Mega Aggron handles every Diancie in the tier. Snorlax also handles it, as does Tentacruel.

- Mega Aggron

- Mega Aggron takes little from Drill Run. If it's banded then Shedinja is afforded free turns by most of its moves.

- This does nothing versus me. Sticky Web is irrelevant and both Snorlax and Shedinja set up in its face.

- There is not a Kingdra alive who can beat Shedinja.

- Mega Aggron doesn't fear getting trapped by it as even if it Magnet Rises you can just Roar it out. Snorlax walls it, as does Shedinja barring Hidden Power Fire.

- Snorlax or Mega Aggron can usually handle her although I feel like if played well it could be a problem.

- Sets up on CurseLax, kills Shedinja. Loses to Mega Aggron.

- Free curses.

- This does nothing to me.

- AV is set up on by CurseLax. CM is destroyed by Shedinja.

- Probably destroys my whole team now that I look at it.

- Mega Aggron says hi.

- ^

- ^ Shedinja can also play the I will Will-O-Wisp you then set up in your face while you slowly die trying to Sucker Punch me game.

- Tenta walls it more or less. Aromatisse also serves as a hard stop to it. Aggron can likely bulk a +2 CC.

Last edited:
Why run toxic if you already have toxic spikes up? I know about levitating mons but it kinda seems redundant to me. Maybe try giving Thunder Wave a spin.

(This is for Xatu)

YABO

King Turt
Why run toxic if you already have toxic spikes up? I know about levitating mons but it kinda seems redundant to me. Maybe try giving Thunder Wave a spin
Toxic Spikes can't always go up and being able to status something like Rotom-Heat can be invaluable over the course of a match. Also, if TSpikes get absorbed frequently by something like Nidoqueen, landing Toxic's on stuff like Celebi and Chesnaught helps to force them out.

Hey Meowiekins, I fought this team like...yesterday, and it seemed pretty damn good, which is nice considering all the other garb aids sacks trying to follow the Shedinja trend (which I don't really understand but hey it worked for you). There's not really a lot I can say, but me and dod'll break this up and tell you what should probably be fixed.

This is pretty obvious, but your Snorlax set can't do shit against Ghost-types, and is set up bait for stuff like Sub Calm Mind Chandelure. To fix this, I would replace Sleep Talk with Earthquake, as it lets you have an option to hit Chandelure (who is like the only common Ghost-type at the moment), as well as letting you smack Steel-types for super effective damage, which is pretty important as it lets you wear down M-Agg if they try to phaze you, ad also hits shit like Lucario. I also think that you should probably change your spread to 252 HP / 196 Def / 60+ SpD, as the original spread you're using was for Victini, who isn't in the tier anymore obv. This spread lets you handle stuff like Darmanitan much easier though, and also gives you a bit more physical bulk which is usually needed in some cases before you boost.

Hope I helped! dod's rate should be below this s00n

Yo what's up dude, really cool team and congrats with your success on it. Since you clearly know what you're doing I'll just point the main issue I have with this team, otherwise it's really solid and well-built, and if played right can easily win games.

The biggest problem I see is that while Shedinja is under a LOT of pressure to take on things that normally give stall the hardest time (ex. Zygarde, Suicune, Gallade), the hazard control simply isn't enough imo. While Xatu can block rocks from certain things like Swampert and Forry, other common Stealth Rockers like Mega Aerodactyl, Nidoqueen and Mega Aggron kind of have an easy time setting up rocks. The last two Pokemon in particular are also good at applying pressure (or just outright killing) your other form of hazard control,which is Tentacruel. If rocks do get on your side of the field, then you're not in a very good situation because Tentacruel can't always find too much time to spin, especially because it's under a lot of pressure to handle Fire spam (it's your only Infernape switchin and will get whittled af). And if they have a spinblocker there's not much you can even do there. So yeah, I think Xatu's ability to keep rocks off the field is too matchup reliant, and having Tentacruel Rapid Spin as your only way to get them off the field is not very reliable.

So what I think you should do is swap out Xatu for a reliable Defogger, such as Crobat, Gligar, or even Togetic. All three of these are very good against Fighting spam as well, which is one of your reasons for using Xatu. All three of these also have reliable recovery, unlike Tentacruel, so they can come in again and again to clear hazards. This is just a suggestion of course so if you feel that your current situation is fine then you probably know better than me, but I'm just thinking back to our match where I didn't really have too much trouble getting up SR.

Other than that I can see that Snorlax is all you have for a bunch of special attackers like Chandelure (also it can't even touch Chandelure so if it tricks you or can set up then you're fucked), Mega Ampharos (if Focus Blast this 6-0s you) and Mega Blastoise. I can't really think of any way to fix this though without changing a bunch of other shit on your team.

Yeah that's all I've got, congrats again on peaking #1 with this team and good luck using it in the future :].

Edit: lemme help you out with that threatlist real quick, I see Infernape, Chandelure, Mega Ampharos, Mega Blastoise a little bit, Haxorus, Life Orb Hydreigon, Krookodile (or any Pursuit trapper), Mega Gallade a little bit, literally any team with a Ghost type.

Hi dod, I've been playing Sheddy stall a bit recently as well, and surprisingly pursuit trappers aren't that big of a problem at all. The most common pursuit trappers are krook and honchkrow, it's quite easy to predict when they're coming in and just switch out sheddy as they're bringing it in. Otherwise you can x-scissor on the switch in and 2hko both of them, but that means losing sash.

hey meowie good team!
great job! you seem to know your own teams flaws and weaknesses and acknowledging them is a really important team building tool!
nothing you havn't covered already... effectively deals with and counters most of the ladder's shenanigans!
I do have to say though...
how you deal with duggy?

10/10
#lmoa

I'm assuming Xatu is Impish and 31 Atk IV on accident? If you're going to run Giga Drain on him, you probably shouldn't cut into his already meager special attack stat. And obviously, the 0 IV attack is just for the off-chance you run into a Foul Play. With 0- IV and 248/252+ physical defense, STAB Foul Play only has a .2% chance to 3HKO. Its not going to come up very often, I'd imagine, but there's no reason not to, right? Its not like you're using U-Turn.

YABO

King Turt
I have fought a similar version of this team. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-198884425 (you have no answer for Poygon 2
if it comes in on Shedninja) , I think Light Screen or Reflect would be Great on Zatu. Also, wouldn't it be better to run Confuse Ray on Shedninja?
Don't get why this invites a CurseLax Sweep? most rus Clear Smog.
That's not really a similar team at all bar the fact that it has a Shedinja but I digress. In my experience Clear Smog is actually quite uncommon but even if they do carry it it's likely that Snorlax could sit there and PP Stall with Rest having 3x its normal PP so long as I don't click Sleep Talk. Theres also the chance that Snorlax Paralyzes for a turn or two where it'll just die to repeated Body Slams. Reflect or Light Screen are sub par options do to the defensive nature of the team. I wouldn't accomplish anything with half damage for a few turns considering I have answers to most threats in the tier regardless. In regards to Porygon 2, I can easily roar it out, toxic it, set up toxic spikes, or PP Stall it with any member of my team. Its also highly uncommon to see trace so its mostly irrelevant anyways.

The common move-set for Amoongus is:
-Giga Drain
-Clear Smog
-Spore
-Hidden Power [Fire]
IDK about P2 but I run: Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Toxic / Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)