Shell Smash in the World Of Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Intro:

• What has Shell Smash brought to the metagames.
  • How has this move benefited certain Pokemon.
  • What are the pro's and cons of using this move.
Shell Smash is a set up move that boosts both Attack and Special Attack, and Speed sharply, while lowering Defense and Special Defense by one stage. In conjugation with the item White Herb, a Pokemon can shrug off the defense loss, and continue a sweep, or give way to a Baton Pass.

Tools of the Trade:

• Items
  • Focus Sash - For early game sweepers.
  • White Herb - For sweepers that want to maintain their bulk, or for baton passers.

Standard Metagame:

Sweep:

• Cloyster
  • Omastar
  • Barabacle
  • Carracosta
  • Gorrebyss/Huntail
  • Crustle

Baton Pass:

• Huntail/Gorebyss
  • Smeargle

Little Cup:

• Dwebble
  • Tirtouga
  • Berry Juice with Sturdy

Other Niches:

• Contrary Shuckle Shell Smash (for defense boost)

Failed Attempts:

• Magcargo
  • Torkoal

Please Alert Me If I Need More Info on here! Thanks!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Apart from Shuckle Smash, this is actually a solid skeleton. However, many of the examples are taken from several different tiers, and I'm hesitant if you'd be able to pull those off as I'm still uncertain how involved you are competitively. Will you have a co-writer this time as well, or are you planning to do it all by yourself?

Regime

is an Artist Alumnus
Bummer , I'm pretty understanding with each tier, and I've used all of these Shell Smashers each once before. Most of their set tactic is the same, then their niches take in, such as Cloyster's Skill Link. I will be planning to do this by myself for the most part, however, if any free authors that are active in a tier would like to contribute, I will most likely be fine with that! The reason I did multiple tiers is because there aren't that many Pokemon with Shell Smash to begin with, and then diversity lacks, so I thought this would be the way to go.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Agous, ya, I definitely like the article idea. I'd like to wait, however, until you finish up your other article. :) I want to see what you're capable of first before you go onto the next one. Well, not only that, but experience implementing GP checks so you learn how to word/spell certain things before doing this one. Would that be okay or are you like in a rush to do this one?

Regime

is an Artist Alumnus
Flora oh no rush haha!

Just tell me when. Yeah I should be moving onto GP stage soon, so I would think I should get a feel of that first!

Thanks

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, Agous, that was entirely our fault. I was really expecting someone to GP your article earlier as it's actually rather simple, but they only came so late. :( I try to only GP at a last minute notice (I like to ensure the other contributors can get the brownie points and credit before I do).

Sooo, yeah, I'm going to approve this. Try to beef up your comments a bit throughout the article, especially the introduction, okay? I'll keep a tab on it and ask questions/requests that may give more content, if it looks kinda shallow.

Regime

is an Artist Alumnus
Of course! Thank you very much; sorry I was in Virginia Beach for a Chorus Competition at the time of my GPing, so I couldn't get it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)