Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

LITTLE -really- update :

Number of egg hatched : 88 200
Number of Shiny : 173
Shiny Rate : 509,8265896

If any help is need for the doc, i'm here too !

I would be more than happy to help ^__^ I will be showing what I get by the hundreds

I am going for a shiny charmander in the first batch (Or until I get one)

I am going to give the data of my shiny charmander. I do have the charm and I am playing in Oras hope I help :)

Last edited:
I've hatched 3 Shinies in my life, a 5iv Brave Honedge, a 5iv Modest Mareep, and a 5iv Sassy Zorua. Honedge I hatched about 400 eggs if I had to guess, Mareep was about the same, and Zorua was in about 30. (Unfortunately, I was trying to breed for the right nature at the time, so that's why my Zorua is sassy, as opposed to timid ;-;)

These were all hatched in my copy of Y version, with the shiny charm equipped.

I cannot pledge any eggs for research at the moment, but I will be able to do so very soon. PS, leanhtuan105 would you be willing to trade for one of those Treekos??

I've hatched 3 Shinies in my life, a 5iv Brave Honedge, a 5iv Modest Mareep, and a 5iv Sassy Zorua. Honedge I hatched about 400 eggs if I had to guess, Mareep was about the same, and Zorua was in about 30. (Unfortunately, I was trying to breed for the right nature at the time, so that's why my Zorua is sassy, as opposed to timid ;-;)

These were all hatched in my copy of Y version, with the shiny charm equipped.

I cannot pledge any eggs for research at the moment, but I will be able to do so very soon. PS, leanhtuan105 would you be willing to trade for one of those Treekos??
I only have one shiny Treeko and i have shiny Honeedge, Mareep already, so sorry no

leanhtuan105

Gotcha. Sorry my mistake, lol. Hey, are all of those pokes battle ready (6 IV's, good natures egg moves etc...)? If so, I must commend you on your devotion.

If you ever want to trade, let me know. I have been meaning to breed a Shiny adamant Charmander w/dragon dance, if you have one, I have other Shinies that I have not yet mentioned that you might be interested in.

BTW, if this is totally the wrong page to be offering trades, I am very sorry. I literally just made my account here.

leanhtuan105

Gotcha. Sorry my mistake, lol. Hey, are all of those pokes battle ready (6 IV's, good natures egg moves etc...)? If so, I must commend you on your devotion.

If you ever want to trade, let me know. I have been meaning to breed a Shiny adamant Charmander w/dragon dance, if you have one, I have other Shinies that I have not yet mentioned that you might be interested in.

BTW, if this is totally the wrong page to be offering trades, I am very sorry. I literally just made my account here.
All of them are 5iv with my choice of nature (some are 6iv too). And sorry i don't really interested in trading. I have a lot of shiny pokemon now (161 not count their evolutions - that near half of the pokedex) and i like to used my own pokemon in battle so i take my time to bred them.
About the Charmander i have some reject one (low iv) if you like. If the pokemon in my list have a number next to them meaning i have to bred another because lack iv or wrong ability

Last edited:
I am going to pledge 500 eggs to the cause of this research. I do NOT have a Shiny charm. (Have a long road trip ahead of me, perfect opportunity lol!)

A Longtime Update
Egg hatch: 86725 eggs
Shiny hatched: 163
Personal ratio: ~1/532
Lasted member: A flawless 31/31/31/x/31/31 female ponyta for nearly 700 eggs

Back with a good update, I think.

Number of eggs : 104 400
Number of Shiny : 211
Shiny Rate : 1/494,79

fail, this is from more than one month ago, here's now :

Number of eggs : 123 300
Number of Shiny : 245
Shiny Rate : 1/503,26

Last edited:
So I just started on my AS version after I got the SC and since then I have gotten 2/230 shiny eggs so feel free to put that on the sheet as a separate game

Longtime reader, first time posting!

I finally got a shiny charm, and I'll be Matsuda Methoding in batches of 50 til i reach 500 eggs. Already have a headstart, will update when complete

Batch 1 (1-50): no shiny
Batch 2 (51-100): no shiny
Bath 3 (101-150): no shiny
Batch 4 (151-200): TWO SHINY FROAKIE (both torrent sigh lol)
Batch 5 (201-250): no shiny

Batch 6 (251-300): no shiny
Batch 7 (301-350): no shiny
Batch 8 (351-400): no shiny

Batch 9 (401-450): SHINY DRILBUR
Batch 10 (451-500): no shiny

Final results: 3/500

Last edited:
The Pokedex in ORAS only counted up to 999. I think that's the reason he say he only know he hatched 1000 eggs and stop counting
Yep. I quit counting after that point and then started up a tally after a while. I have currently counted a total of 1300 eggs (actual total is probably somewhere around 1400) and still no shiny using both MM and Shiny Charm.

Last edited:
Longtime reader, first time posting!

I finally got a shiny charm, and I'll be Matsuda Methoding in batches of 50 til i reach 500 eggs. Already have a headstart, will update when complete

Batch 1 (1-50): no shiny
Batch 2 (51-100): no shiny
Bath 3 (101-150): no shiny
Batch 4 (151-200): TWO SHINY FROAKIE (both torrent sigh lol)
Batch 5 (201-250): no shiny
Too bad. I was like that when i first start shiny breeding - aiming for Froakie too. Try to get the female as the parents - it should increase the chance to get HA.
Yep. I quit counting after that point and then started up a tally after a while. I have currently counted a total of 1300 eggs (actual total is probably somewhere around 1400) and still no shiny using both MM and Shiny Charm.
You quite unlucky bro. Don't lose hope yet. It may pop out the next egg you hatch. But shiny Oshawott may be a bit hard to recognize. The only different is its slightly pink nose

You quite unlucky bro. Don't lose hope yet. It may pop out the next egg you hatch. But shiny Oshawott may be a bit hard to recognize. The only different is its slightly pink nose
Yeah, I have been paying careful attention when they hatch, checking their stats for the red star, and checking my pokedex to see if I have encountered a shiny. I am wanting a shiny Dewott. I am currently at 1500 eggs counted and still not a single shiny.
Assuming a shiny rate of 1/512 for Masuda Method + Shiny Charm, the odds of encountering a shiny in that 1500 was 94.67%. Or, a 5.33% chance of not encountering a single shiny. Seems that the odds are not on my side right now.

Update: 1800 eggs, no shiny

Last edited:
After roughly 1900 eggs (I lost count around 1800), I have finally acquired a shiny Oshawott!
It was my second time acquiring a shiny via the Masuda Method. The first time was a shiny Snorunt that was completely by accident when trying to finish the Pokedex. This was a long wait, but totally worth it.

After roughly 1900 eggs (I lost count around 1800), I have finally acquired a shiny Oshawott!
It was my second time acquiring a shiny via the Masuda Method. The first time was a shiny Snorunt that was completely by accident when trying to finish the Pokedex. This was a long wait, but totally worth it.
Congratulations. Yes, using shiny you bred on yourself is really special.

I've recently started breeding again. I'd like to report 960 Ralts hatched, with no shiny as of yet.

For clarification's sake, the Masuda Method only works with pokémon originating in games from different regions, not games from the same region played in different languages, correct?

never done shiny hatching before but i figured i'll give it a try. going for Cubone since it's one of my faves but i'm not going to use it or anything competitively so i don't have to be too bothered by the little details.

i will set a goal for 300 to start. i honestly might get discouraged if it goes too long without one and stop lol.

also what is the consensus about the day care people? that they really have no clue how reproduction works after all these eggs seemingly appear out of nowhere or that they're just feigning ignorance to avoid that awkward conversation with your presumably underage avatar?

Hi everyone!!
New to this forum and i would like to contribute also.
Till now with Oval Charm & Shiny Charm.

Froakie
900 Eggs No Shiny Yet (will try later).

Feebas
1 Try: 300 Eggs no shiny
2 Try: 300 Eggs 1 shiny

Fennekin
1 Try: 300 Eggs 1 shiny
Honedge
1 Try: 300 Eggs 1 shiny
2 Try: 150 Eggs 1 shiny

Curently breeding Sneasel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)