Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Ok, I just finished the spreadsheet based off of the last data set that Thirdbird provided. So, check it out and update your egg counts! I already did mine :D

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldGlGLWRDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE#gid=0

So yeah, now that it's easy to update our counts, I'm probably going to be hatching somewhere near 2k eggs, hopefully. I'm getting kind of addicted to this, especially after I got a shiny riolu after the 16th egg after I put the parents in the daycare...

Last edited:
Ok, I just finished the spreadsheet based off of the last data set that Thirdbird provided. So, check it out and update your egg counts! I already did mine :D

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldGlGLWRDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE#gid=0

The total is at line 61.

So yeah, now that it's easy to update our counts, I'm probably going to be hatching somewhere near 2k eggs, hopefully. I'm getting kind of addicted to this, especially after I got a shiny riolu after the 16th egg after I put the parents in the daycare...
how do i edit the spreadsheet?? it won't let me

Just noticed that, as of now, the results suggest that the shiny charm does help (about 1/440 now vs. about 1/682 that no shiny charm has). The results should be resonably secure with the large number of eggs, but not definite (yet). I wish I could help.

Came in to update my findings. Hatching Arons take a while if you don't have max recharge rate on your O-Powers. There were no shinies from eggs 301-400. I wondertraded the offspring and got a Shuppet reject with egg moves, so I'm going to change it from Arons to Shuppets that from now on (Looking for dat shiny Mega Banette).

I think there may be a higher chance to hatch a shiny if the Pokemon has a ball that matches its shiny. I hatched 800 eggs using Masuda with no luck. After that I switched to Maractus in Nest Ball, at egg 830 I got a shiny one. I then switched to Lopunny in a Love Ball, at 870 I got a shiny. IMMEDIATELY after, at egg 871, I got a shiny Dunsparce in a Heal Ball. I really think this is programmed in guys. 2 shinies in a fucking row.

Question for all the posters who have the Shiny Charm, do you have to OWN all the pokemon to get it? or just have seen them all?

I got my shiny charm on the 31st, so I would love to contribute to the research. I'm going to take on smaller targets, so I can freely switch if I get the shiny. I plan on using this one post for all my research, and I'll link to this when I update my progress.
((Note: My French pokemon originated on my Y game, that was set for Brazil(for scatterbug, it's back to USA now). I want to put that silly rumor to rest that MM isn't strictly by language, because it is.))

First Project: Shiny Buneary
Parent 1: [Eng] Buneary ♀ // HABDS // Klutz, Jolly. Holding Everstone.
Parent 2: [French] Smeargle ♂ //HABDS // Holding Destiny Knot.

Batch 01: 60 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.
Batch 02: 30 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.
Batch 03: 30 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.
Batch 04: 30 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.
Batch 05: 30 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.
Batch 06: 30 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.
Batch 07: 30 eggs hatched; 0 shiny

Switched parents, still used a foreign parent from my French game x English pokemon.
Batch 08: 90 eggs hatched; 0 shiny

Total: 330 eggs hatched; 0 shiny.

Last edited:
Came in to update my findings. Hatching Arons take a while if you don't have max recharge rate on your O-Powers. There were no shinies from eggs 301-400. I wondertraded the offspring and got a Shuppet reject with egg moves, so I'm going to change it from Arons to Shuppets that from now on (Looking for dat shiny Mega Banette).
I am trying to hatch Arons as well. I caught a shiny shuppet in the safari haha. Mega Banette is awesome.

I have the shiny charm and am still going through the first 100 Aron eggs.

Okay my second batch turned no shiny pokemon. that is 101 - 200. To be clear i do possess a shiny charm. i stated this in my first post but will make it clear in this and future posts. i'm using a japanese torchic with my iv breed leftove female. i will switch to eevees after i get my torchic and probably something else after that assuming all goes well and they don't take over 1000 eggs like my litwick didbefore i got the charm. sorry for not capitalizing i my posts, i am doing this all on a tablet as i am not allowed to use a computer.

Updated my post on page 2. Hatched a Shiny Toxic Spikes Koffing on egg #1094. Continuing with Koffing, as the defense IV was rather disappointing.

Edit: Got another Shiny Koffing at #1161, this time it was 31 / 24 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 31. Only loses 1 SpA point at Lv 50, so I'm pretty happy to leave it there with Koffing :) I'll breed the rest of the batch using Koffing then I'll swap to Lileep I think. Again; updated my post on page 2 with current results.

Last edited:
I just thought of something... We should contact the guy with the automatic egg hatcher/shiny finder, and get him to hatch like 10k eggs lol Only if he has the shiny charm, of course.

Hey guys, i just signed up to take part in this thread. Got the Shiny Charm and started with the MM. Go for 600 eggs and i've hatched 250 eggs so far with a shiny froakie on egg #226. I'll keep doing and update this post with my results.

Progress: 250/600 - 1 shiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)