Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

This whole thing is still active? I think I will help!
I'm using batches of 150.

Batch 1 - 1 shiny (150 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 2 - 1 shiny (300 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 3 - no shiny (450 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 4 - 1 shiny (600 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 5 - no shiny (750 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 6 - no shiny (900 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 7 - no shiny (1050 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 8 - 2 shinies (1200 eggs hatched so far)
Total - 1200 eggs hatched - 5 shinies

Last edited:

It's best to create a new post everytime I hatch new eggs? Or I have to update this post?
Both. Edit this 1 and make a new one so I know you updated. Or you can just make a new 1 with your totals on it.

Example: updated
total eggs: xxx
Total shiny: x

So do you guys want me to roll the spreadsheet back to March 6th? (Before the troll came back...)

I'm asking first because I'm not sure if anyone made any legitimate edits after he wrecked the sheet.

It's best to create a new post everytime I hatch new eggs? Or I have to update this post?
I would just update your post when you need to, and make a new post with the results/making mention that you updated your post. Ideally, you would report to the spreadsheet, which at the moment needs fixing, but I'm waiting on input from the rest of our participants before I fix it. The link is:

-Link Removed-

For when it gets fixed...

EDIT: Ohh I just noticed they set up a new one. Thank god lol

EDIT 2: Wow, that thing is really out of date. Is this a new one, set apart from our other findings? If so, I have a saved version of our old one handy if it needs to be added on to the new one.

And please don't forget my egg count, it's 3151 eggs with 7 shinies.

Last edited:
So do you guys want me to roll the spreadsheet back to March 6th? (Before the troll came back...)

I'm asking first because I'm not sure if anyone made any legitimate edits after he wrecked the sheet.

I would just update your post when you need to, and make a new post with the results/making mention that you updated your post. Ideally, you would report to the spreadsheet, which at the moment needs fixing, but I'm waiting on input from the rest of our participants before I fix it. The link is:

-Link Removed-

For when it gets fixed...

EDIT: Ohh I just noticed they set up a new one. Thank god lol

EDIT 2: Wow, that thing is really out of date. Is this a new one, set apart from our other findings? If so, I have a saved version of our old one handy if it needs to be added on to the new one.

And please don't forget my egg count, it's 3151 eggs with 7 shinies.
I have copied the fomulas off the old 1 to a new one that is locked to just me. You can view it though. I didnt add all the names because I wasnt sure who was still paticipating so ive been adding as some rejoin and have added many new members. And I will add your totals to the knew 1 :) the link for it is in my signature. If you cant see the signature then let me know ill post it again :)

Gosh, I personally am a bit upset. Hatching my third shiny gligar because I can't seem to get any with the Hidden Ability. Anyone know if there's any way to increase the chances of having a Hidden Ability?

I'm at 2250 with 3 shinies.

Gosh, I personally am a bit upset. Hatching my third shiny gligar because I can't seem to get any with the Hidden Ability. Anyone know if there's any way to increase the chances of having a Hidden Ability?

I'm at 2250 with 3 shinies.
hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Abilities

one of the parents has to have the HA to be able to pass it down to the offspring. You can't just hatch an egg that will randomly have the HA :(

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Abilities

one of the parents has to have the HA to be able to pass it down to the offspring. You can't just hatch an egg that will randomly have the HA :(
Fortunately, I am using a mother who has the hidden ability. Apparently the chances of the Hidden Ability being passed is 40% if a parent is ditto (according to the link you gave me). So if I change the father to a non-ditto it should go up to 80%.

Thanks a lot for the info! =D

Last edited:

Batch 2 - 1 shiny (300 eggs hatched so far)

Updated post #1311
Hatched batch 2(plus 150 eggs)

I'm up to 2250 hatched and 1 shiny now. I'm starting to think wild thoughts now since its been 2000 eggs since the last shiny.... curse the ability capsule for not working on hidden abilities!

I hatched some eggs for this thread a little while back but I'm hatching some tyrunts now and figured I'd contribute to the data. Anyways, I'm gonna pledge 200 in two 100 batches.
Update* : 200 eggs hatched, 0 shinies I'm gonna keep hatching in batches of 100 till I get a batch with a shiny.
Update #2: 300 eggs hatched, still no shiny

Last edited:
Ok, I've past the 2000 eggs. At 2000 I've hatched 8 shinies (and 2070 was a shiny, but that doesn't count, neither do the 2 wild shiny's I've found while training my perfect shiny drought vulpix within 10 minutes after the vulpix hatched)

So updated:
eggs hatched: 2000
Shiny's: 8

Its been cool participating in this. Just completed my pledge goal bringing my grand shiny total to 4

Midnyte, could you update the spreadsheet with my results:

Batch #1 (1-100) Shinies:1(froakie)
Batch #2 (101-200) Shinies: 1 (Honedge)
Batch #3 (201-300) Shinies: 0
Batch #4 (301-400) Shinies: 0
Batch #5 (401-500) Shinies: 0
Batch #6 (501-600) Shinies: 0
Batch #7 (601-700) Shinies: 1 (Honedge)
Batch #8 (701-800) Shinies: 0
Batch #9 (801-900) Shinies: 0
Batch #10 (901-1000) Shinies: 1 (froakie)

Edit: I pray for your sanity MagusDiablo. I would have checked in at a mental asylum if I was in your position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)