Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Would anyone happen to have a Kalos Bred Non-US cartridge 6IV Mineral Group Pokemon? I'm in serious need of one and can't seem to find one to begin my MM + Shiny Charm hunt -_-

I can help out someone in need of a US 6IV Dragonite, 6IV Mudkip, 6IV Chimchar, 6IV Rotom and some 5IV stuff

If you are interested in trying to breed a shiny poliwag, I have a 5IV (-atk) female hidden ability poliwag from japan that I don't need. I already bred my own flawless one from it. The only problem is that it is a mild nature, which might not be the ideal nature.
That would actually be SUPER helpful!

This whole thing is still active? I think I will help!
I'm using batches of 150.

Batch 1 - 1 shiny (150 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 2 - 1 shiny (300 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 3 - no shiny (450 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 4 - 1 shiny (600 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 5 - no shiny (750 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 6 - no shiny (900 eggs hatched so far)
Total - 900 eggs hatched - 3 shinies
Update, hatched batch 6.

Quick question, can you guys see the shiny sprites in my signature? Not to sound pompous but in 57 pages no one has commented asking me how to do it so I'm not sure that y'all can see them.

Quick question, can you guys see the shiny sprites in my signature? Not to sound pompous but in 57 pages no one has commented asking me how to do it so I'm not sure that y'all can see them.
I saw it, and I even thought about asking you where did you find it, and if there are gen 6 sprites like that too. But I'm locked inside of the game =/

But, if you wanna help me, I'll be glad <3

1200 eggs so far, still 2 shiny. About to hatch 150 more.

*UPDATE* Reached 1350 eggs, finally got that shiny Drillbur :)

Total eggs: 1350
Total shiny: 3

Last edited:
I saw it, and I even thought about asking you where did you find it, and if there are gen 6 sprites like that too. But I'm locked inside of the game =/

But, if you wanna help me, I'll be glad <3
So just to clarify, you can see them bouncing around all shiny like in my sig?

Here's a little how-to:
1) go to http://sprites.pokecheck.org
2) drag the sprite you want onto your desktop
3) upload the .gif from your desktop into the .img uploading site of your choice (i use tinypic)
4) copy the entire "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it into your sig
5) ???
6) Proft.

unfortunately they only have gen 1-5, a little Googling though and i'm sure you can find gen 6 sprites

@laturner92 - Sorry about that, quoted you earlier by accident.

I've recently (on and off in the course of a week) hatched around 1.3k bunnelby eggs until I finally got a shiny one. Unfortunately, it had Pickup instead of Huge power, so I'm trying again.

I'll be hatching by the batches and editing this post accordingly.

Hello everybody, I just signed up, and I'd like to help with the research, I have the Shiny Charm and 6 IV JAP Ditto.
I'll do batches of 50 Eggs until I get I shiny; that means that if I get a Shiny at 204, I'm still going until I reach 250 (Batches of 50).
I'm starting off with these 5 Mons.

1. First batch: ENG Gastly + JAP Ditto (Total: 150 Eggs; 1 Shiny.)
- Hatched a Timid
Shiny Gastly (31/x/31/31/30/31) at Egg #142, my first flawless shiny :D.
2. Second batch: ENG Froakie + JAP Ditto (Total: 450 Eggs; 0 Shinys)
- I'm tired of this crappy Froakies, I',m giving up on this one, and moving on to the third batch.
3. Third batch:
ENG Fletchling + JAP Ditto (Total 200 Eggs; 0 Shinys)
4. Fourth batch: ENG Amaura + JAP Ditto.
5. Fifth batch: ENG Ralts + JAP Ditto.

Total Eggs: 800.
Shinys: 1.
Updated post #1230
I was just wondering, am I doing something wrong??? I'm using a 6 IV JAP Shiny Ditto with Japanese name, not from Kalos, could that affect my results in any way???

@JavierP - I don't think there's a difference in the international pokemon as long as it's international. Mine was a 5-iv Japanese Bunnelby paired with a 5-iv Bunnelby, and I still got 1.3k eggs before hatching a shiny.

Just keep trying!

Hello everybody, I just signed up, and I'd like to help with the research, I have the Shiny Charm and 6 IV JAP Ditto.
I'll do batches of 50 Eggs until I get I shiny; that means that if I get a Shiny at 204, I'm still going until I reach 250 (Batches of 50).
I'm starting off with these 5 Mons.

1. First batch: ENG Gastly + JAP Ditto (Total: 150 Eggs; 1 Shiny.)
- Hatched a Timid
Shiny Gastly (31/x/31/31/30/31) at Egg #142, my first flawless shiny :D.
2. Second batch: ENG Froakie + JAP Ditto (Total: 450 Eggs; 0 Shinys)
- I'm tired of this crappy Froakies, I',m giving up on this one, and moving on to the third batch.
3. Third batch:
ENG Fletchling + JAP Ditto (Total 300 Eggs; 1 Shinys)
- Hatched an Adamant Gale Wings Shiny Fletchling (31/31/10/31/31/31) at Egg#887, good enough for me :D.

4. Fourth batch: ENG Amaura + JAP Ditto.
5. Fifth batch: ENG Ralts + JAP Ditto.

Total Eggs: 900.
Shiny Count: 2.

Updated post #1230, finally got my shiny Gale Wings Fletchling :D

Total Eggs: 900.
Shiny Count: 2.

@JavierP - I don't think there's a difference in the international pokemon as long as it's international. Mine was a 5-iv Japanese Bunnelby paired with a 5-iv Bunnelby, and I still got 1.3k eggs before hatching a shiny.

Just keep trying!
Thanks for your cheers Geni, I finally got that shiny Fletchling I was dying for :3.

I am so envious of all you guys who have multiple shinies and less than 1000 eggs hatched. I'm somewhere around 1500 and I only have one.
(don't report those numbers, Midnyte)

anyone with a 6iv non-english ditto want to help get a shiny shieldon? In my last medusa breeds i have always gotton my shiny pokemon within the 300-450 egg range. it's been well over 1200 and still nothing... i really want a shiny shieldon and i have a parent for anyone who can help me. I can clone pokemon using my roomates 3DS so you'll also be able to keep the shiny yourself. anyone interested?

I've been breeding swirlix and have unfortunately lost count again. :(

Is anybody using a 6 IV Shiny JAP Ditto getting good results??? Cause mine sucks by now xD.
I'm using a shiny six IV japanese ditto, and have gotten four shinies in about seven hundred eggs. I wasn't keeping track very well the entire time, but that is about how many I've hatched.

That would actually be SUPER helpful!
Is it okay to exchange friend codes here? I'm still new to this website and don't really know what the rules are.

Last edited:
I put about 4 hours in yesterday and this morning (I have two and a half boxes full of Frisk Pumpkaboos but I threw away pretty much all the Pickups. If we agree on the 80/20 ratio for getting the female's ability, that would mean I bred about 100) and finally got my Shiny Pumpkaboo. I have both Shiny Charm and was using the Masuda method. Trying to go for a trick room setter and ended up with one with max Attack and Defense, and min Speed (with a Brave nature). Unfortunately had pickup as its ability, but Frisk is only a wee bit more useful...(mostly to determine the Megas in my opinion)

Of course, that's my only shiny that I ever hatched, but I also believe it was the first hatching session I did after getting the Shiny Charm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)