Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
The first shiny I ever encountered was in Leaf Green. I had heard of shinies but I had never seen one. One day I was in the battle tower and one of the AI sent out a shiny Espeon. I couldn't believe an AI had a shiny, and I was furious that I couldn't catch it.

Years later I catch a shiny graveler in diamond who has probably been deleted.

The third shiny I ever enountered was in platinum. You remember those sections in platinum where you have a partner following you around a forest or cave or whatever? Remember how you'd always have to fight two wild Pokemon instead of one? Remember how you couldn't catch a Pokemon in those battles unless you beat one first? Yea, so I'm in Iron Island with Riley when a Graveler and a shiny fuckin Steelix appear. Riley decides to be a friend and attack the Steelix. He knocks it into the red, then kills the next turn. Later when I part ways with him tells me he really enjoyed traveling with me and that he thinks I'm great. Fuck you Riley.

I've been trying to get a shiny Protean Froakie for a while now. None yet, but I have three shiny Torrent Froakie...the most recent one even has perfect HP/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe. I'll keep going, but here's hoping for a hidden ability version of the Ability Capsule. I keep the female Protean Froakies, and I have probably over 100 of those for some perspective of how many eggs I hatched.

My luck has been much better with my other Masuda breeds. HP/Def/SpA/SpD Quiet Honedge, HP/Def/SpD Adamant Beldum on the second shiny, and HP/Atk/SpA/SpD/Spe Modest Charmander. Non-perfects weren't too bad either. Note that none of them really care what their ability is. I also got an accident Sand Veil Gible while preparing parents for a Rough Skin Gible breed, but shiny Chomp sux, IVs weren't too great, and it had no egg moves, so I gave it away.

Wild encounters include Makuhita, Basculin, Geodude, Rhyhorn, Gulpin, and a Seviper in a Zangoose horde. I got all but the Geodude and the Seviper :[ rip in peace
Use the Destiny Knot on Froakie. Also RIP means "rest in peace", so " RIP in peace" makes no sense.

The first shiny I ever encountered was in Leaf Green. I had heard of shinies but I had never seen one. One day I was in the battle tower and one of the AI sent out a shiny Espeon. I couldn't believe an AI had a shiny, and I was furious that I couldn't catch it.

Years later I catch a shiny graveler in diamond who has probably been deleted.

The third shiny I ever enountered was in platinum. You remember those sections in platinum where you have a partner following you around a forest or cave or whatever? Remember how you'd always have to fight two wild Pokemon instead of one? Remember how you couldn't catch a Pokemon in those battles unless you beat one first? Yea, so I'm in Iron Island with Riley when a Graveler and a shiny fuckin Steelix appear. Riley decides to be a friend and attack the Steelix. He knocks it into the red, then kills the next turn. Later when I part ways with him tells me he really enjoyed traveling with me and that he thinks I'm great. Fuck you Riley.
This is why you knock your partner out first. I once found a shiny Dustox on Pearl on Eterna Forest and slaughtered Chansey before it did anything to my precious Dokuga.

My first ever shiny was a Machoke. Which I ran away from...I had the volume down and didn't see the sparkle animation. I just assumed it was a glitch of some sort since the other Machokes I encountered had red markings. This was also before encountering the Red Gyarados. A couple of years later I got my hands on a Crystal version. I caught a shiny Rattata on my way to Azalea town.

I was extremely unlucky when 3rd gen came around. Total shiny drought. It wasn't until I recently picked up my FireRed again that I caught a shiny Geodude. It'll forever be a Graveler though.

I caught a shiny Staravia in my Diamond right before going to bed. Stupid bird wouldn't allow itself to be caught. Needless to say I had trouble going to bed after catching it. It wasn't until HeartGold that I sort of began to breed competitively. I hatched a shiny drifloon, smeargle, and Skorupi(accidentally released).

While EV training a pokemon in my White Version, I ran into a shiny Solosis. It was quiet nature with 31 ivs in hp. It had Overcoat though. I'm extremely grateful for ability capsules haha.

Gen 6 has been extremely kind to everyone. Not even thirty minutes into the game and I'm staring at a shiny Pansage. There are more. Way more. Although I have 999:59 hours, I have yet to encounter a shiny pokemon in the friend safari.

Speaking of shinies, I got as lucky as a person can get today.

Now I never really pay attention when I ev grind, I watch TV to keep sane. Today I was so hooked on Game of Thrones that I didn't hear that little sparkle noise. So, my lv 89 Weepinbell decided to use Razor Leaf on the shiny Murkrow.

The attack kills ALL the birds except the shiny one. When I looked on my DS, I freaked out to see a pink birdy all alone.

Need to say I began chucking Heal Balls asap. :)

I found a shiny Sunkern (lol) and a shiny Swirlix in the friend safari today. I wasn't even paying attention when I saw the Sunkern and the shiny model looks almost the same besides a tiny hue difference, lucky I noticed.

My first shiny was a poochena I found on my Ruby version as a kid. I ran up to my friend crying because my game has broke and the pokemon was a different color. He told me to turn off my game, so I did. I regret that moment every day. Haha nah but I wish I had known what a shiny was so I could've had one.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard and experienced that both are true
Destiny Knot is the standard item for IVs in breeding besides maybe the power items. You and everyone else has "experienced" that. Destiny Knot does not elevate the chance for a shiny egg.

My first shiny was in Pokemon Silver outside of Mt. Silver, a silver Rapidash. I've bred and caught a ton of shinies using RNG abuse in gens III-V. The only shiny I've encountered pre-XY and not with RNG abuse was a Koffing in the Safari Zone in SS. It fled before I could catch it. I think I've encountered about 10 shinies in XY including Friend Safari (which is something like 1:512 if I'm not mistaken), one from breeding, and two from hordes.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
My friend once asked me to get Regice for him on his Emerald cartridge.
I asked him if I could have a shiny I might have found on the off-chance (I asked this before finding one). And lo and behold, I found a shiny Tentacool. He eventually traded to me for a Pokemon with Pokerus.

I've had fairly good luck with shinies actually. My first one was a Kakuna in SoulSilver, which I accidentally killed. I accidentally got a shiny Misdreavus when I was breeding in SS as well (Competitively viable too). Later on, in Black, I got a few: Patrat, Stunfisk, Venipede, and Swadloon. In a random FireRed file I started out of sheer boredom, the first Pokemon I found in Viridian Forest was a shiny Caterpie. I've gotten a couple in Y by breeding (Two Aron and a Torchic)...but of course I can never find any when I'm actually trying to breed for shinies. I've also gotten a few in Hordes: Hoppip, Scraggy, Cubchoo, and Exeggcute. Now that I think about it, I've gotten most of them when I'm EV training. Of course, I got a few in Black through RNG as well, though I wouldn't consider them actual shiny experiences. Oh, and the obligatory shiny giveaways and in-game events (Red Gyarados, Dratini Egg, etc). I'm hoping I'll get even more in Y once I get the Shiny Stone.

Destiny Knot is the standard item for IVs in breeding besides maybe the power items. You and everyone else has "experienced" that. Destiny Knot does not elevate the chance for a shiny egg.
I never said anything about shiny rate. I said that Destiny Knot helps pass down the ability of the mother to the child. For example, if you breed a Technician female Scizor with a Ditto and give the DK to Scizor, the eggs have a (much) higher chance of having Technician as their ability instead of Swarm. Same with HA's.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As I posted above, personal experience
Oh yeah? Interestingly enough, it is my "personal experience" that destiny knot does not have an increased probability to pass down abilities. I have hatched over 1200 eggs and there does not seem to be any correlation between the two. If you are willing to conduct research with 200,000 eggs like the Shiny Charm + Masuda Method project and can come up with a solid answer, by all means go ahead.

Oh yeah? Interestingly enough, it is my "personal experience" that destiny knot does not have an increased probability to pass down abilities. I have hatched over 1200 eggs and there does not seem to be any correlation between the two. If you are willing to conduct research with 200,000 eggs like the Shiny Charm + Masuda Method project and can come up with a solid answer, by all means go ahead.
I'm sort of doing that, actually. I'm hatching a whole box of shiny, female, caught in Love Ball Chikoritas with HA. And that will probably take some time.

For the first time in 14 years and 6 generations of Pokemon gaming, I encountered my first Shiny pokemon ever in a horde battle. It was a Seviper. I think it was symbolic. (snakes have shiny scales or something)

No chaining or Masuda or any of them fancy methods you whipper-snappers use these days, mind you.

To my horror, I was unsure of how targetting worked in Horde battles. I eliminated the middle and rightmost Zangoose/Sevipers. Then, with sweat beading on my forehead, stylus trembling in my hand, the camera panning from my oblivious Azumarill to the cold, shit-eating grins on the Sevipers' faces, I took the Dive (Waterfall).

I chose correctly, and slew the inferior Seviper with the force of twelve thousand rapids. I captured the surviving, rarer beast with a single Luxury Ball.

I named him Bedazzled. Love live the King of Vipers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)