Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
Hey Flareon - Do not despair. I have been shiny hunting for a Reshiram for what felt was an eternity (about 4-5days of intermittent to near constant soft resetting)... at about 2 resets per minute, this tends to drag on even with the shiny charm catch rate!

Today, all of a sudden (I had honestly lost all hope, but still stubbornly persisted), BAM - Shiny yellow rings.

The nature is horrid (Jolly) - but otherwise, it is one adorable shiny pokemon, and my official first SR shiny legend!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Just caught a Shiny Landorus in OR today when I was busy reading some reddit thread. I only noticed it when I looked at the screen and its coloring was different. I've never fought a non-RNGed/Gyarados shiny while noticing its sparkling animation in the wild :/

So happy they removed the shiny lock though =]

Adamant
28/13/13/31/31/31

Ah well at least the sync worked.

Didn't count "resets" (you can run away from landorus, land, and soar to face it again), but I'd say ~50.

Only time I have seen shiny pokemon was in generation 2. I found a shiny Bellsprout and I ran away from it. I have played pokemon for 14 years and I get only 1 shiny? Life isn't fair.

Well if you don't count Red Gyarados and the "new" shiny Beldum

Hey Flareon - Do not despair. I have been shiny hunting for a Reshiram for what felt was an eternity (about 4-5days of intermittent to near constant soft resetting)... at about 2 resets per minute, this tends to drag on even with the shiny charm catch rate!

Today, all of a sudden (I had honestly lost all hope, but still stubbornly persisted), BAM - Shiny yellow rings.

The nature is horrid (Jolly) - but otherwise, it is one adorable shiny pokemon, and my official first SR shiny legend!
Congratulations on the Reshiram! That's a really pretty one

I'm currently at 2726 Resets, still no shiny. I'm kind of at this point where I feel like I'm too deep in now to just give up. Also I can't stand to use a non-shiny Kyurem, so I guess I've got to go through this, haha

Shiny latios after about 700 resets on AS. First ever legendary shiny and a great shiny at that! Timid but garbage IVS so I'll have to hunt for a trustworthy powersave user to 'correct' the bad ones (speed is 2 lol).

Shortly after I got AS, I encountered a shiny zigzagoon around Mr. Briney's tiny cottage. You can only imagine my reaction as I really discovered the amazing potential behind DexNav and catching shinies. ^__^

The Scientist

Heheh, not a Silph worker...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Question for those who have accidentally fainted or run from a shiny on XY/ORAS. Does the shiny dex entry still show up after the battle? In other words, can you view the shiny form in your Pokedex even without having captured it?

Thanks!

Question for those who have accidentally fainted or run from a shiny on XY/ORAS. Does the shiny dex entry still show up after the battle? In other words, can you view the shiny form in your Pokedex even without having captured it?

Thanks!
Just checked for an Excadrill I accidentally fainted in the Friend Safari and I can see its shiny form in my Pokedex.

Bar some shinies I randomly got from the GTS in B/W (a Blissey and a Scolipede), and red Gyarados, the only ones I've ever gotten were a Zigzagoon in the original R/S and a Bibarel in Platinum. I think they were even within 12 hours of each other, actually.

I found a wild Shiny only three times. One was in LeafGreen, right after I deleted and restarted my game for the 331st time because I didn't like my name or I chose the wrong starter or something. It was a golden Rattata which my friend wanted to send over to his Platinum version to evolve it and let me use it on Battle Revolution. I had deleted and restarted my game two more times before he could do that, though.

My second one was on Y, I was looking for Stunky on the route next to Reflection Cave or whatever it's called (I don't like breeding unless I want a specific egg move) and there it was, the one on the far right of a horde. I caught it, only to realize it was Modest. I still saved it in my special box, and then forgot it was there when I moved most of my pokemon to Pokebank, as the little icon was the same as the normal Stunky next to it. I had moved the wrong one.

Finally, this only happened about a month ago, was a lovely green Grimer I found in Castelia Sewers on White 2. I'd been doing a mono poison run of that game, and it had better natures and IVs than the other Grimer I caught, so it was incredibly useful. I never evolved it, I just gave it an Eviolite, which worked surprisingly well. I still have it in my Y version.

(Not related, but before LeafGreen's Rattata incident I had already legitimately contracted Pokerus more times than I had ever found a shiny. Weird.)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Shiny swablu on egg 133! Got a mega altaria leading my team now. 20/31/31/xx/31/31 jolly.
When I was breeding a 6IV Swablu (I chose 6 IV because if -SpA was bad it would be easier to breed for one with the right nature) I had a feeling that I'd get a shiny before a 6IV one. Long story short, I was right. I was going for Bulky DD, but the IVs were 31/2 or 3/31/xx/31/31. I envy you.

Something more recent (AKA just happened) I was trying to find a secret base in Route 126 and had no idea how to get to it so I was wandering around underwater. I'm very easily distracted by the dexnav, so I was also running into everything that appeared and one of the things was a beautiful Relicanth the color of tropical oceans. When it used dive I switched to my Sweet Scent/Cut user, Gloom, and used Poison Powder. After a few failed Dive Balls its health dropped below half and I was wondering what it's catch rate was. 25! And I poisoned it! Oh crap... Another Dive Ball failed and it had only a fourth of its HP left. If the next one failed I would use the Master Ball I was reserving for Deoxys. I'd rather use the Master Ball then faint a Shiny so I was ready to throw the Master Ball. Turns out I caught it with that last Dive Ball. The funny thing is I caught it while trying to get the Shiny Charm.

When I was breeding a 6IV Swablu (I chose 6 IV because if -SpA was bad it would be easier to breed for one with the right nature) I had a feeling that I'd get a shiny before a 6IV one. Long story short, I was right. I was going for Bulky DD, but the IVs were 31/2 or 3/31/xx/31/31. I envy you.

Something more recent (AKA just happened) I was trying to find a secret base in Route 126 and had no idea how to get to it so I was wandering around underwater. I'm very easily distracted by the dexnav, so I was also running into everything that appeared and one of the things was a beautiful Relicanth the color of tropical oceans. When it used dive I switched to my Sweet Scent/Cut user, Gloom, and used Poison Powder. After a few failed Dive Balls its health dropped below half and I was wondering what it's catch rate was. 25! And I poisoned it! Oh crap... Another Dive Ball failed and it had only a fourth of its HP left. If the next one failed I would use the Master Ball I was reserving for Deoxys. I'd rather use the Master Ball then faint a Shiny so I was ready to throw the Master Ball. Turns out I caught it with that last Dive Ball. The funny thing is I caught it while trying to get the Shiny Charm.
I'm sorry to hear about that. If it's any consolation my masuda before that was 1600+ for swirlix and its attack IV was 9. The shiny Latios I SRed for also had 2 speed and 5 spdef. :( pretty trophies at least.

If you start to struggle with completing the dex let me know, I've got 11 and a half boxes of mons that I traded/caught towards the dex and I'd be happy to do trade backs with you.

Edit: mobile predictive fail.

Last edited:
I was so fucking mad.
I was in the some cave In pokemon Y right,
so then I encountered a shiny Graveler so I almost one hitted It, luckily It had sturdy.
Guess what.. It used Self Destruct, from now on Graveler Is my least favorite pokemon,
let all of the Gravelers die In a fire.

My most recent shiny Pokémon experience took place in my Alpha Sapphire. I was looking for a Pokémon that learned Soak at the lowest level possible (wanted to breed a Soak Chinchou for gimmicky reasons). In Serebii, I found out that if I caught an Alomomola, it would learn Soak at level 33. So I set off for route 126, and in the second DexNav encounter, I noticed the Alomomola had green eyelids. For half a second, I wondered whether Game Freak had changed the sprite, and then the sparkles came and I almost fainted in shock. Caught it in a Heal Ball for aesthetics and checked its IVs / Nature. The IVs were awful, but the nature was Impish.

So, that's how I got my first ORAS shiny. Now it's sitting at my PC box as a reminder of how shinies always come when you least expect them.

My very first shiny was in pokemon sapphire, it was a green wingull. but of course I didn't catch it being the ignorant kid I was, want to know why I didn't catch it? because it was a FEMALE wingull -.- yeah, I know but at the time I only used and caught male pokemon. anyways, flash forward 9 years or so. again another shiny when I replay sapphire I find a shiny clamperl and catch it while diving. then in pokemon X I start massuda methoding a chespin after learning about it from a friend and on my 3rd egg I get it and you can imagine me freaking out about it. Now currently in ORAS i was using a 6iv german ditto to breed for my bold porygon and I accidently get a shiny porygon. 4 Shinys "Legit" from me with my OT. I have other shinies given to me, but the best shinies are the ones you obtain yourself even though some may not have any competitive value :D anyways thanks for reading this far.

A horror story: after my shiny Reshiram hunt succeeded I decided to hunt for Southern Island Latias - spent some 6h on it, and got to a point where I was semi-automatically pushing the buttons, without sound; Well, I got too eager, and realized (as I pressed on select+L+R) that there was a shine of beautiful yellow... It has been three days since, and nothing. Even with 1/1300's rate the soft-resetting for a legendary is such a major chore. But, I have to have the Latias in question now :-)

EDIT that: Finally caught one! not even 3h after I posted this! I am just going to call you all my good luck charms!! Thanks y'all!

Last edited:
I was so fucking mad.
I was in the some cave In pokemon Y right,
so then I encountered a shiny Graveler so I almost one hitted It, luckily It had sturdy.
Guess what.. It used Self Destruct, from now on Graveler Is my least favorite pokemon,
let all of the Gravelers die In a fire.
Oh yeah, I also went on my Soul Silver, and guess what I found.. I guess I encountered a shiny drowzee somewhere, If you can use Pokebank for Soul Silver, I puting him In my trade thread, unless he has bad IV'S :(

No shiny azelf at 1063 and counting, my soul is starting to hurt. I fully intend on resetting over a shiny if it isn't perfect speed too, after my latios heartbreak.

Also CTNC apologies re not getting back to you re the dex. I'm barely home to wifi atm due to some unexpected irl issues but I will check your lust soon as I can.

No shiny azelf at 1063 and counting, my soul is starting to hurt. I fully intend on resetting over a shiny if it isn't perfect speed too, after my latios heartbreak.

Also CTNC apologies re not getting back to you re the dex. I'm barely home to wifi atm due to some unexpected irl issues but I will check your lust soon as I can.
You dont get shiny legandarys only after 1063, my shiny Raikou took over 27000 sr's.

I just need to tell somebody that I just bred my very first shiny in my Alpha Sapphire! It's a shiny Eevee and even though its IVs are breaking my heart right now (Bold with 31/31/31/14/31/31), it's still a beautiful shiny Eevee. I think this may be the third or fourth shiny Eevee I've ever bred, and only one of those were on purpose.

I just need to tell somebody that I just bred my very first shiny in my Alpha Sapphire! It's a shiny Eevee and even though its IVs are breaking my heart right now (Bold with 31/31/31/14/31/31), it's still a beautiful shiny Eevee. I think this may be the third or fourth shiny Eevee I've ever bred, and only one of those were on purpose.
That would make a fantastic umbreon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)