SM PU Shittonic - The story of a shiinotic who couldn't lose (Won 2 off.roomtours/peaked2 ladder w/ 2loss)

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
SHITTONIC
(thanks fellow Shuckly Dooth for this name)

Yo wassup guys :)

To begin with:
My name is Ktut and I joined the PU community a few weeks ago. I'm a big fan of RMTs, I think I started playing pokemon competitively thanks to that kind of posts, so I use to make RMTs from time to time in order to showcase my favourite teams, usually built around "unmons", but working surpisingly well. It's definitely enjoyable for many people to look at the team outside of a pokepaste, and with descriptions for each pokemon.

The reason I'm making this post is mainly to gather all the proofs of shiinotic being a viable pokemon in PU, and to explain how it works. Despite being decent, it still has many drawbacks and its niche isn't that wide so I think it's important to explain how it fits in the team. Also, Palossand might leave PU because of NU usage so might not be able to use it anymore. Overall it's extremely funny to use and consistent so I'm glad to share it here.

Enjoy !

Proof of Peak/ Tour wins

Shiinotic in PU

Let's talk a bit about shiinotic here, so I won't have to do it later.

I love shiinotic and to be honest, I thought it was a solid pick when I started PU. Oddly, I couldn't see it in the Viablity Rankings. And how surprisingly, I found myself sacking the Shi without clicking one move. So I thought: it must be bad. And it definitely is bad. But not E-rank bad: I truly think it is C-rank or D-rank bad. Let's see why:

1) Shiinotic has a unique typing providing resists rare in PU.
Shiinotic provides a water resist+fighting resist in a tier where fightings are seen in almost every team and where water resists are scarce, really scarce. Most offenses and bulky offense have no water resist, which can be an issue when facing the rising behemoth, Kingler. Swanna takes about 70% upon switching in on liquidation, while ferroseed is a safe 2hko for kingler thanks to superpower. Poliwrath rain/kabutops can virtually sweep many teams without even boosting because waterfall finds no resists in the opposing team, as long as there isnt gastrodon. For an OU player like me, seeing a team without 2 water resists is hard to accept, so teams with 0 are almost a blasphemy. But i've been getting used to what I call "the purple grey" tier, and realised that shiinotic's niche laid in that very name: shi is a resist compressor.

2) Shiinotic counters many toptiers
As an extension of 1, I will here explain what shiinotic beats in practice. On the one hand, Watertypes like poliwrath and kingler are 100% dealth by shi, while kabutops is manageable without a SD boost. Lanturn without icebeam is tanked without problem too. On the other hand, Fighting types like primeape and hitmonchan can be checked if you don't switch into gunkshot or icepunch. But what's noticeable is the complete inability of gurdurr to get rid of shiinotic. Only spiritomb with psychic safely beats gurdurr: indeed, mesprit is trapped without problem while clefairy is eviolite reliant. Lastly, shiinotic always wins vs spiritomb, even the CM set.
I will be honest with you: there arent other toptiers shiinotic actually beats. But it does beat those ones, and this is enough to justify its niche. Because it alleviates the pressure on teams weak to kingler, gurdurr, crotomb and rain. But that's not all.

3) Shiinotic is an anti-anti-metagame (also known as anti-ladder (xd))
If you are using some kind of balance, which features some offensive pressure but not enough, you might have big issues vs rain teams or Trick room teams, that are very solid in this tier. Being unable to pressure them quickly means you will get swept in spite of your efforts. However, shiinotic is able to spore a pokemon turn1, which means one trick room setter/rain is out of the game. Then, they will be unable to bring their breaker, due to a leech seed spam from shiinotic+stength sap lowering their attack and healing 100% of your health most of the time. And the icing on the cake, it is slow, which led me to create -speed 0 IVs speed shi in order to safely handle trickroom: it underspeeds all of them, and therefore strength saps them before they attack under trick room.

All in all, shiinotic does a humble job and sometimes won't be the star of the team, but will always beat what you want him to beat, allowing its partners to always be succesful. As you will see, shiinotic proved to be too much for some teams, which got completely crippled by it and unable to get their momentum back.

TeamBuilding Process
+

Shiinotic beats crotomb, the ultimate typenull counter; gurdurr; absorbs knock off. Kingler is literally owned. Null deals with mortar, pyroar, aurorus and absorbs statuses. That's how the core of a very slow team was born.

+
+

Shii isnt a reliable fighting counter: it only is a gurdurr counter. So palossand was my next choice, because it synergizes very well with Null, sets rocks up, beats hitmonchan and primape, and prevents archeops/aggron from destroying the shinull core.

+
+
+

At this point it have no choice but to spoil (sorry :/) shii's moveset. I wanted to take advantage of type nulls abilty to beat gastrodon this way: shiinotic doesnt need to use giga drain anymore (which means it lose to gastrodon! via toxic), so I could slap leech seed. This is very important, because leech see shiinotic is way more dangerous than the almost useless gigadrain. But the core was ferrofood, ie food for ferroseed. And a team made of ferrofood is a bad team. As i argued in the PU-room chat: ferroseed is a leech seed sweeper. Whatever you think of that statement, probopass was necessary here, and that's all. Probopass provided an eelektross switchin, beats weezing easily and provides good bulk to tank bravebirds from random toucannons (lol). Seriously, it handles mesprit specs and is a cool uturn absorber. It might look odd on paper but it synergizes very well in practice. Anyway, if you don't use it here ferrofrog sweeps the team :/

+
+
+
+

So: weak to tspikes/weak to clefable/weak to oricorio sensu. Skuntank joined. Spdef (yes spdef and thats no random garb set) also helps checking mortar and stuff like exeguttor alola, but the main reason is to better check calmMind oricorio after it wastes its Z on probopass. My team being slow af and sometimes passive, I think its a viable argument.

+
+
+
+
+

The goat. Really. MCBFGA. (Make Choice Band Floatzel Great Again). I'm new to PU so my sets and ideas are often criticized, but I don't think they are so bad. I find Z-fight floatzel funny but not very useful, I prefer using it as a revengekiller/cleaner. And without band, it lacks a lot of power and thus doesn't take advantage of its speed tier: 115 BS. I can't remember exactly how it ended up in the team, but It was some kind of reminiscence of older PU battles with MCBFGA mixed with the infamous OU Weavile stall that led me to choose the rarely seen floatzel. And you know what? It did his job 1 million times better than I expected: it benefits tremendously from the removal of ferroseed, and revengekills absolutely everything, ranging from oricorios, zangoose, kangashkhan, aggron, pyroar, magmortar, aurorus and so on. It's also the late game cleaner: the team suddenly becomes solid because the sacks dont remain useless: as long as the team weakens the opponent, floatzel is certain to sweep before my balance (semistall?) is overwhelmed.

The team is ready!

Now that you have carefully read these lines, and understood why we need to suspect shiinotic how the team works, I will detail the sets below without too much description, because it would be sad that you dear reader don't enjoy this moment because a silly Ktut thought shiinotic deserved an encyclopedia.

The Team
(lol sorry for the pictures had to choose between the microscopic ones and the cinema-screen versions)

S H I I NO G O D (Shiinotic) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Strength Sap

- Spore
- Leech Seed

- Moonblast

Moveset

Shiinotic is used as a physical wall able to tank gurdurr and kingler mainly, while absorbing uturns and crippling with effect spore (pls stop saying "haxx" shiinotic is just too good thats all). The main reason to use it is to have the one-in-a-lifetime experience of reading in the chat: "(Sleep clause activated)" after u get hit by a physical move. Ah no, so shiinotic absorbs knock off because palossand and Null don't like it at all, moonblast deals with gurdurr and is a spammable stab coming off a 90 spatk stat. Lastly leech seed is a nightmare and forces many switches. Paired with strength sap (you recover as many HP points as your opponent attack stat), shiinotic is extremy hard to kill once it's on the field, and has a pretty good staying power thanks to strength sap which you just need to click on your opponent switch.
Z fairy because it's the knock off switchin and to heavily damage threatening sweepers.
0 Ivs speed -Nature because you want to destroy Trick room teams.

Synergy

Shii+Null+Palossand work very well and handle most of the metagame on their own. Shii also allows palossand to run leftovers and not switch into gurdurr.

Shii's bulk
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kingler Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 108-127 (33.3 - 39.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
192+ Atk Gurdurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 46-54 (14.1 - 16.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 156-184 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kabutops Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic: 126-148 (38.8 - 45.6%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shiinotic in Rain: 262-309 (80.8 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Lanturn Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shiinotic: 152-180 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Eelektross Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shiinotic: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Mesprit Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shiinotic: 102-120 (31.4 - 37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ludicolo: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moonblast
4 SpA Shiinotic Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 218-258 (58.2 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Shiinotic Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Spiritomb: 176-210 (58 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Shiinotic Moonblast vs. +1 248 HP / 8 SpD Spiritomb: 116-140 (38.2 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Twinkle Tackle
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Exeggutor-Alola: 434-512 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 208 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Hitmonchan: 216-254 (73.7 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Skuntank: 258-304 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ludicolo: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mesprit: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 44.9% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Shiinotic Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kabutops: 231-273 (88.5 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Type 0 in chat (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic

- Return

Moveset

Standard Null, Toxic Variant which is better because how unlikely it is to sweep with SD. Toxic puts more pressure on the opposing team and allows you to better stall them out with Shii and Palossand. Handles what it handles, ie special attackers and stuff like skuntank/miltank.

Synergy

It is the status absorber of the team, while the knock absorber is shii. It is the special wall, shii+palo complete the core very well. Null is the main source of chip damage along with shii in order to get the legendary MCBFGA sweep.

Post-Scriptum

Don't forget to type 0 in chat.

Paul O'sand (Palossand) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball

- Earth Power

Moveset

Standard, leftovers were chosen in order to put more offensive pressure and not shore up nonstop, also helps beating weezing easily without losing hp on the burn. Its staying power is significantly enhanced this way.

Synergy

Deals with hitmonchan safely (until they freeze you but then just insult them and pray for the rare 1 turn freeze), which is very useful, I mean necessary in a team featuring typenull and shiinotic, unable to tank two icepunches after rocks.

S (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

- Defog

Moveset

So here's my variant that I think is cool here because of how destructive can oricorio-sensu be vs the team. It tanks the +1 hurricane (Z fly +1 too but it's a roll) and crunches back so oricorio isnt able to sub on typenull anymore. Poison jab because clefable is a pain for the team, defog is mandatory in order to remove the spikes from ferroseed/crustle and stealth rock vs slower teams so you can pivot shii/floatzel more easily and last much more time on the field.
16 atk evs so oricorio can't make subs anymore.

Synergy

Skuntank is skuntank, it has an acceptable staying power, absorbs the Tspikes for shii, palo and typenull. It prevents Specs mesprit from hurting the team and also BOOMs vs zangoose/ursaring so floatzel can RK them.

Skuntank's bulk
252 SpA Oricorio-Sensu Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 144-171 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 SpA Oricorio-Sensu Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 216-255 (52.6 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 SpA Oricorio-Sensu Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 361-426 (88 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 SpA Oricorio-Sensu Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 361-426 (88 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 169-201 (41.2 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 220-261 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Crunch

16 Atk Skuntank Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Oricorio-Sensu: 222-264 (76.2 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (no more subs)

Max (Probopass) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Pain Split
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Taunt

Moveset

Pain split is to have more staying power and safely handle eelektross, the last 3 moves are pretty standard, with taunt helping deal with stuff like CalmMind clefairy and defensive mons/calmmind oricorio. Shuca because it allows you to trap aggron in case palo is weakened, also helps getting one powerful flash cannon vs kangaskhan and many other pokemons using earthquake as coverage or even stab.

Synergy

Probopass is extremely useful in the team in order to complete the Trio of ShiNullPalo: it removes ferroseed which completely destroys them + skuntank. So Probo was my go-to. Its bulk also helps switchin on eelktross which Null doesn't want to switchinto because of knock off and shiinotic doesn't want to take the flamethrower. So Probo is an utility glue, able to pivot on eel for the whole game thx to painsplit. It also so beats weezing easily, which is scary when you run slow pokemons liek shii and null. It helps skunk vs mesprit too.

Probobulk
252+ SpA Eelektross Volt Switch vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Probopass: 76-91 (25 - 29.9%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Oricorio-Sensu Revelation Dance vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Probopass: 127-151 (41.7 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Flash cannon
252+ SpA Probopass Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 135-159 (40.4 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Probopass Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Oricorio-Sensu: 133-157 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Probopass Flash Cannon vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Oricorio-Sensu: 90-106 (30.9 - 36.4%) -- 59.5% chance to 3HKO

Enrique Iglesias (Floatzel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

- Aqua Jet

Moveset

MCBFGA. The revengekiller. Pretty self explanatory, I calced how much damage did lowkick to many threats and it happened to be less useful, because most of the time it was 80 BP (Brickbreak is 75), but had lower power versus zangoose (60 BP) and lanturn (40 BP) notably. Since I wanted a fighting move but also something able to damage lanturn, brick break was the choice. This is very important because lanturn is EXTREMELY annoying/dangerous for the team, so getting rid of it is crucial. It voltswitches vs null/shiinotic which have no leftovers (shii can be icebeamed too) which means that null is going down extremely fast when stealth rock is up. Aqua Jet for scarfers/kangaskhan suckerpunch/zangosse QA.
Swift swim can be used if Rain teams are too dangerous, but waterveil is cool vs random scarfswanna scalds, weezing and sableye.

Synergy

It revenge kills and cleans and is probably one of the most valuable members of the team. It gets kill after kill and is extremely hard to stop because most teams have no water resist. Paired with probopass, ferroseed becomes a meaningless issue, and lanturn has to switch into a banded attack which means it is worn down quite fast. Try MCBFGA out, it really is worth it.

MCBFGA

Liquidation

252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Weezing: 123-145 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 213-252 (61.9 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 470-554 (121.4 - 143.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mesprit: 171-202 (56.8 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 219-258 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Skuntank: 249-294 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Spiritomb: 168-198 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kabutops in Rain: 259-306 (99.2 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Brick Break

252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lanturn: 164-193 (41.9 - 49.3%) -- 83.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Miltank: 204-240 (51.9 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 266-314 (82.8 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zangoose: 316-374 (110.1 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togedemaru: 306-360 (112.9 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan: 254-300 (72.3 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kabutops: 204-240 (78.1 - 91.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

AquaJet

252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zangoose: 127-151 (44.2 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan: 102-121 (29 - 34.4%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Ice Punch

252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Oricorio-Sensu: 282-334 (96.9 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Lurantis: 232-274 (67.4 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ludicolo: 141-167 (46.8 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Woah! Here comes the end of the RMT! But before I leave, lemme give you an importable and show some replays:)

Ladder
(sorry if you are in a replay and didn't want me to show it, it helps me a lot defending shiinotic's case!)(sorry if I've been rude with anybody or sarcastic laddering is extremely exhausting close to the top )

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729131890 : vs magmortar+kingler+hitmonchan AND ANOTHER SHIINOTIC :3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729128206 : versus Trickroom, Shii completely shuts it down
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729141661 : versus some stall with ferroseed and weezing
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729396703 : vs the team that won one game vs mine (sawsbuck topthreat)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729403172 : lanturn zangoose.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729407895 : sorry bud :/ Effect spore stops pawniard (lol)

Official roomtours

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729065005 : oppo can't break my cores
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729069185 : close battle, shii renders gurdurr and spiritomb useless. Zangoose again.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729075895 : vs Kay's normal spam. Hopefully MCBFGA can revenge kill them.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-729373130 : Darkinium's zangoose+lanturn

Post-Scriptum

Couldn't get one fucking replay vs a rain team. I usually face one every two games on ladder but for some reason I couldn't see one, maybe the aura of shiinotic was too strong. I will add a replay the day someone accepts to chall me with a rain team ._.
Edit: got one!! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-730081664
I assume swift swim float would be better, so I changed the ability. Sableye is quite rare, and often comes with pyukumuku so eh.

Lanturn : can switch on many things and proceed to voltturn forcing shii/null to take damage on rocks+attack. Healbell also cures sleep/toxic so very annoying, the bulky version with lefties also tanks float pretty easily

Zangoose: one kill each time it comes. Very annoying, i often have to use aftermath to put it low .

Magmortar/pyroar: specs and taunt are extremely dangerous for typenull so get rocks up asap and use floatzel to RK. Play agressively.

Kangaskhan: PUP version or even silkscarf can overwhelm palossand

Spikes offense: if i can't defog, floatzel and null are on a timer so better play agressively

Rain: not a big threat now that float is swiftswim

Kingler : becareful with it, shiinotic must always strength sap and stay healthy. Effect spore quickly activates vs it so it's ok.

Hitmonchan: no freeze please. Never, never let palossand get toxiced by a regirock or anything coz you will instantly lose to a wellplayed chan

S H I I NO G O D (Shiinotic) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Strength Sap
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast

Type 0 in chat (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic
- Return

Paul O'sand (Palossand) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

S (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Defog

Max (Probopass) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Pain Split
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Enrique Iglesias (Floatzel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Aqua Jet

Shoutouts

The PU room, which is so welcoming! Thank you guys and girls, for getting me started in this wonderful tier. Big thanks to :
Urusius
ShuckleDeath
Darkinium
Jmash324
GenZeon
allstarapology
TJ
Sir Kay
Taskr
Dibs The Dreamer
zoowi
Chrisloud1
UberSkitty
Aaronboyer
GeneralAnnoyance
And all the other staff and PUroomers I can't remember the name of all the people who helped me learn this tier. Hope you liked the Shiinotic team:)

And special thanks to yandaud, best supporter and fren ever !!!

If ever palossand remains PU and magmortar leaves next tier shift, I'll make sure to keep using le Shii because it deserves it! Looking forward getting it ranked in the viability rankings too:)

Cya!

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aight look I appreciate the attempt at Shiinotic and it is definitely one of the most usable unranked mons out there because it is pretty unique, but this team really suffers from some major flaws. I agree with the bit about good Spikes teams being a pain, but my larger concern here is that a well played Magmortar should just annihilate this setup. Running Shiinotic really ought to mandate that you have a real fire resist, but instead its a couple of random SpDef mons with Fighting weaknesses and Floatzel. SD Alolaslash also just runs through this team because the Ice resists are Probo and Null which just doesn't work. Most Darks are also a real pain, Shiinotic is supposed to handle them but Normalium Rat / offensive Skunk / Absol depending on its coverage move can just become awfully annoying. Then there's just the general threat of "teams that know how to wallbreak" because frankly there's just so little offensive pressure being put out here, something like Stoutland isn't necessarily a killer on its own but placed next to other strong breakers like Aggron or Oricorio-Sensu, you can kind of see where issues would start to emerge. The lack of priority doesn't help that either. And it's hard to know what to do about any of these because the structure is focused around Shiinotic, a mon which does take on Kingler for the team but honestly does very little else and forces you to account for so many weaknesses.

One major thing that would help with this would be fitting Pursuit onto Floatzel to at least handle Magmortar after the fact with the strong chip + rocks damage, and honestly Brick Break just kinda blows despite hitting Lanturn so I don't see why not- plus that'd free a Sucker slot on Skuntank, which is critical for Oricorio-Sensu here. The other larger change that I think is needed here is dropping Palossand, as it just overlaps with Shiinotic a bit much. Gurdurr gives the team a much needed wincon, takes on Alolaslash and offensive normals, acts as a secondary Dark check, is still a good Aggron check, and gives a third layer of priority for when something breaks through. This would require you to slap rocks on Probopass instead, but I feel like dropping HP Fire is a necessary evil. Taunt will still beat Ferroseed if you're healthy enough to live 8 Gyro Balls so that's something. The big downside to Gurdurr is that Archeops already hurts this team a ton, but you've still got the surprise Shuca Probo, Floatzel can pursuit it into defeatist, and at least Gurdurr can kinda 1v1 it if healthy? Like the team has issues and I think accepting a worse bird matchup is fine as Gurdurr handles a lot of issues overall. Like I'd like to make larger changes, but you clearly enjoy this team a lot and changing the structure too radically doesn't seem like what you had in mind. Hope this works out for you, and at the very least this team will become way, way better when Magmortar is banned so that's something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)