Showdown Art Room Contest: Ability Shift

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
I would just like to add, as a Moderator of the Art Room, please try to keep your post count in this thread lower; ideally 1, for YOUR actual art post. If you like an art piece, then hit the "Like" button. But just having one line of "Omfg this is hilarious" is not a post. If you feel it is necessary to post a comment, then get a paragraph of constructive help. This probably seems like a lot, but it's supposed to deter you away, so, have fun! Good Luck to all who have and will enter!

P.S. You can just VM/PM an artist if you just want to casually talk to them.

PM SolarisFox or Agous on Smogon for more info!

Last edited:
So I saw the contest, looked at the options, and decided I had to do this.

Huge power combee.

"What does the pokedex say about it's power level?"

"It's huge! It's over 300!"

As long as "power level" means "attack stat" and said combee has near-perfect attack IVs and EVs.

Attachments

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus

Hai hai peeps <3 it's my first ever entry to an art contest but I made a flowergift vulpix <3
(Sorry about the bad quality pic ;-;)
I'm not sure if anyone can't see this image, but I am currently unable to? Have you made sure its uploaded to an image host such as Imgur, then you have used the URL from that image? If you need help PM me on Smogon or PS!, thanks!

EDIT: Thanks so much!

Last edited:
This is a submission by the user EV Sceptile who was having having difficulties uploading a their submission. They drew a Mega Launcher Minun which isn't a valid entry because Minus becomes Mold Breaker, not Mega Launcher, but I still thought it was worth sharing and will also take this opportunity to remind people who wish to draw in the contest to double check that they shifted the ability in the right direction before posting. Thank you.

[/IMG] Hey guys! I've decided that I should add my own drawing to the contest. This drawing is a drawing of Deoxys with Protean.
[/IMG]
Deoxys is using energy ball, and charging up Solarbeam, while his body is turning into one of a grass type, his feet becoming roots, vines all over his body, and also his core has a grass symbol on it. I chose Deoxys because he's an alien, and thus I'd imagine him changing types with his alien-like body. Thanks for viewing my entry!

EDIT: Actually, when you view it, it isn't upside down. Ah well XD
NOTE: I'm adding some color if that's alright with you guys (the judges). Sorry if I didn't do it in the first place, my coloring materials weren't here, still being brought to me :]
I have the colored version now :3

Attachments

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Well, I can't art...
Let's have some written work! It's my first time, and I hope people like it!
Walking into a dark room. What's that sound?
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
With each noise comes a burst of light. Curious, you head closer.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
Tiny lightning bolts crackle. You can make out its form.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
It's...a shield! The lightning bursts off of it.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
Approaching closer, you can see that it isn't quite solid.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
Your hand starts to pass through it, but a shock drives you back.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
It rocks back and forth and side to side, seemingly struggling, but with what?
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
Walking to its back, you can see the problem...a sword!
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
The shield wants to free its sword, but the lightning stops it.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
The electricity can't flow, and the sword is stuck in place.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
A smaller sword floats up to it, and gets a jolt of electricity for its trouble.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
It floats away much slower, sometimes stopping erratically.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
Sensing that there is nothing you can do, you walk away sadly,
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt
Hoping that as April ends, so will this curse.
Blrrt~Zrrt~Blrrt

I made a thing! It was pretty tough to pick a Pokemon/ability combo to depict (all I'll probably end up doing one or two more) but once I saw this one I knew it was too hilarious not to do. I think it's pretty self explanatory.

It's a Big Pecks Marowak!

Last edited:
Second entry! Banette with insomnia. Banette clearly lacking sleep in bed :v
Banette's natural ability is Insomnia, so I'm guessing you just got confused looking at the list by abilities. Regardless since the ability isn't legal in Ability Shift this entry will not be scored (though feel free to keep it in the thread). Not to worry though, because personally I feel your first entry would have scored higher anyways. c:

Either way, thank you for sharing your wonderful pieces with us.

Made a new art because I feel like I disappointed some fans of my old style

I decided to draw an abomasnow with speed boost. As you can see I emulated the art style of an anonymous artist who released a famous drawing to high acclaim and became an internet sensation overnight. I hope you can appreciate the effort that I put into this splendorous piece of art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)