Showdown, Bring back the 2D sprites...

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the sprites look tiny. Id rather have them too big than too small. But hey, Im gonna adjust to anything, just throwing that out there.

I wonder how Nintendo/GameFreak feel to see their model animations ripped from a generation of games where they invested such effort in this graphical overhaul even to the exclusion of other stuff. Little did they know that their effort was all for the beautification of pokemonshowdown.com. Battle simulators have always been passively tolerated, but never has a sim baited the C&D as hard as Showdown is now, and all this is completely superfluous to fostering a vibrant competitive metagame. I would have hoped that some people here at Smogon more influential than myself would weigh in with these concerns. This purely cosmetic issue could easily prove to be the undoing of the site and the whole community with it.

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, you sure seem to be very aware of what Nintendo thinks of Showdown. Since you're apparentally in such close cahoots with them, can you ask them their opinion on the Endless Battle Clause? I just want to know if they're going to get rid of Leppa Berry for Gen VII. I hope that isn't a sore subject of any kind though, I sure wouldn't want to provoke you into spewing any more nonsense.

Wow, you sure seem to be very aware of what Nintendo thinks of Showdown. Since you're apparentally in such close cahoots with them, can you ask them their opinion on the Endless Battle Clause? I just want to know if they're going to get rid of Leppa Berry for Gen VII. I hope that isn't a sore subject of any kind though, I sure wouldn't want to provoke you into spewing any more nonsense.
Could you please use the reply function? I'm uncertain who you're directing this message to.

Such mordacious sarcasm directed at the non-existent part of my post where I intimated that I knew Nintendo / GF's mind — I can only whimper off with the slight consolation that my untenable support of the aquatic ape theory escaped this incisive witticism.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Battle simulators have always been passively tolerated, but never has a sim baited the C&D as hard as Showdown is now
as well as many parts of the rest of your post seem to imply you have at least a basic understanding of the closed-door discussions between the people who make decisions at Game Freak

A 2D button is in the works, so people need to calm down. If it's honestly becoming 'unbearable', just disable animations for now.

A 2D button is in the works, so people need to calm down. If it's honestly becoming 'unbearable', just disable animations for now.
That would just make the game more unbearable. It's just not pokemon w/o the attack animations as a transition between turns. 2D were fine as they were and the 3D are coated in graphic bugs and size issues. If it's not broken, don't "fix it" half assedly and break it.

That would just make the game more unbearable. It's just not pokemon w/o the attack animations as a transition between turns. 2D were fine as they were and the 3D are coated in graphic bugs and size issues. If it's not broken, don't "fix it" half assedly and break it.
I think when 2D was implemented there were just as many issues that needed to be fixed. 3D has just been implemented, give them a break.

Hello,
I am looking for the pokemon xy 3d sprites including the shiny BACK sprites.
Where I can find them?

Thanks in advance ^^

It's a real complaint. It's not just a misplaced admin abuse or what someone thinks is hacking, it's about a change to the system that's not 100% fixed yet. Trou du Cull is for major failures or threads that get out of hand to the point theyre funny.

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
It's a real complaint. It's not just a misplaced admin abuse or what someone thinks is hacking, it's about a change to the system that's not 100% fixed yet. Trou du Cull is for major failures or threads that get out of hand to the point theyre funny.
Have you seen the "RMT", if you can even CALL it that, thread by a guy called Fant0m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)