Other Metagames Showout ~ A Mega Heracross Mono Fighting [Peaked 1658 #10]

Hey everyone, it's Gentleman Tech here with another Monotype RMT, and here i'll be showcasing and explaining the team that got me up to 1658 (Platinum) for the CCFt5 core challenge (Mega Heracross + Hawlucha). At first, I struggled to use it, as it was the first fighting team that I had ever made and used, however, as time went on and I learned how to make plays and edited my sets (with a little help from my friends :]), this team actually performed spectacularly well on the ladder when I did play aggressively with it, especially against several teams I would've thought that fighting auto lost to (you can check some of these matches out below in the replays). Because of this, I thought that it is a perfect oppurtunity for me to make an RMT, as I rather enjoy doing so, and I really hope that this team helps people out there who like the non-generic niche of Mega Heracross teams! Anyway, on to the team...

PS: Gonna tag scpinion here :]

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

First up is the real MVP of the team, and the first of the duo that was the CCFt5 core; Mega Heracross. After playing around with a few different sets, I decided that Mega Heracross would be the Bulky Wallbreaker of my team, and as such, decided to use my current EV spread, as speed seemed to do nothing for me, despite what many other users suggested, and the max HP really helped out alot more than I thought it would during some close matches. I chose the guts ability over moxie, as alot of the time my mega hera has to switch out after it does it's job, and therefore thought that guts would be more useful, as it can take any will-o's the rest of the team really don't appreciate. The combination of close combat, pin missile, rock blast, and bullet seen ensures the destruction of pretty much any pokemon, aside from the rare aegislash/doublade that you'll find on bulky steel/ghosts team, and honestly not many things can actually live a pin missile from this thing unless they resist it, not to mention that this deal's with water teams extremely well, and the annoyance that is slowbro and bulky sap sipper azumarill.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 304-359 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 400-480 (101.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Azumarill: 180-215 (44.5 - 53.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Second is Breloom, my sash spore mon, ground/rock/water demolisher, and general hard hitter of the team. I decided to make this the more generic set of breloom, holding a focus sash so that it can live any non-multiple hit move, and then almost guarantee a big hit or a spore on something, which really helps out with the team. I decided to make it adamant nature'd, as this allowed me to OHKO alot of mons that I couldn't before at +2, such as hoopa-u (which is a massive threat to my team), and the max speed nature never really came in handy when I chose to try it out. I gave it swords dance over rock tomb, because as I said before, +2 allows me to ohko several mons, and rock tomb never seemed to give me as much as an advantage as swords dance did, and alot of the time, the extra chip damage from a +2 boosted mach punch on skarmory switching in allowed me to deal with skarmory alot easier than otherwise.
+2 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 325-384 (107.9 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 318-378 (99.6 - 118.4%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Third is Terrakion, my OP scarf mon, Fire Destroyer, and my only one of my only hopes against flying and fairy teams. Again, I decided to use the more generic terrakion set, being the scarfed hard hitter that this set allows it to be, and OHKO'ing or 2HKO'ing many threats that my team faces, as well as being a nice flying neutral mon that allows it to take at least 1 flying type move, that as you can most likely see, my team really does not appreciate at all. I gave it stone edge over rock slide, as stone edge allows me to OHKO many threats that I otherwise do not OHKO with rock slide, and aside from the -10% accuracy, is just the better move in general for a Non VGC Terrakion set. I also gave it earthquake and iron head, as earthquake allows me to hit steel mons on the switch predicting the stone edge, such as klefki, and also the notorious doublade/aegislash that my team really really hates, and doesn't handle extremely well, and the iron head helps against fairy teams, giving me the win many a time over fairy teams, coming in as a very clutch and nice move to have on terrakion.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Fourth is my Keldeo-Resolute, my extremely hard hitter, steel destroyer, and only special attacker of the team (RIP my idea of a balanced team). Keldeo is also my switch in on alot of fire type moves, that 1/2 of my team is weak against, and it's surprisingly bulky-ish stats allow it to live quite alot of hits, without any major investment. I decided to use the choice specs set, as my keldeo really does not appreciate any residual life orb damage, the sub calm mind set really just did not do what I needed keldeo to do for me on this team, and when testing out scarf I found that I lacked the power that I really loved having with the monster set that is specs keldeo. I gave it both hydro pump and scald STAB, as scald helps me out against physical mons coming in, as the chance of getting burned also scares alot of them from switching straight in, plus the extra accuracy was nice, and hydro pump allows me to OHKO or 2HKO nearly every mon that does not resist it, doing monstrous damage. Secret sword is STAB, helps against special walls switching in (such as chansey and hoopa-u), and is a nice move to have when facing steel teams which my team finds hard to handle at times. Icy Wind is for dragons in general, and the speed drops have also come in handy a few times, such as against lati@s trying to switch in.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 32 Def / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Fifth is my Cobalion, which is my amazingly fast, bulky, and versatile lead, and also the only fairy/psychic resist on my team. My friend voidchrono passed me the EV spread for this cobalion, and the 12 atk allows me to hit fairies harder, the 32 def helps me live alot of hits, and even more psyshocks, and the speed allows me to outspeed creepchomps (max speed+ garchomps) and then proceed to taunt and/or stealth rock up on them. My friend Choco also passed me the moveset for this cobalion, as stealth rocks is really nice against flying teams and is my only form of hazards on the team, coupling up with taunt, allowing me to stop any slower mon trying to go for defog. Iron head allows me to, well, hit fairies pretty hard, and coupled up with t-wave, gets me that nice para-flinch strat going, while also allowing me to cripple any switch ins to cobalion, especially being useful against potential sweepers, such as scarf togekiss (again, the usefulness of iron head is shown, as it allows me to actually do some massive damage to the mon after they are paralyzed, should I wish to stay in).

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

The sixth and last member of my team, and the other addition to the duo that is the CCFt5 core, is hawlucha, which is one of the best threats out there to any bug monotype team there is. I decide to use the sitrus berry substitute set over the power herb sky attack set, as it helps against many mons switching out, and once behind a sub, can allow me to get off a pretty much free swords dance, which many a times helps me sweep teams with no problem, as well as being able to sub on predictions, such as against an aegislash that is about to use King's Shield. The EV spread on hawlucha allows me to use my sitrus berry after only 2 substitutes instead of 3, allowing me to have an extra 25% health after the sitrus berry is eaten, and this again couples with swords dance that lets me get the boost that I sometimes need to OHKO particular mons. High Jump Kick and acrobatics is just general stab, and I decided to use high jump kick over drain punch, as aside from the extra accuracy and healing potential that drain punch gave me, the extra raw power of high jump kick ended up being alot more useful when tested in comparison to drain punch.

Mixed/Special Scarfed Hoopa-U really destroys this team, as I can't reliably switch in cobalion, being my only psy resist, as it gets 3HKO'd (possibly 2HKO'd if specially invested), and unless you can get hawlucha's unburden going before this thing comes in again, it's almost impossible to deal with. If you see this on a balanced psychic team, just click the X button.

Aegislash and it's pre evo of Doublade really wall my team, my only reliable way to kill it being keldeo, and alot of the time I can't hard switch keldeo in, as I don't want it getting severely damaged. Whenever this switches in, just try and get some chip damage on it, so it's easier to deal with late game. If you see a sub SD set on aegislash, then yeah I don't see any reliable counters on this team either, like I said it's extremely annoying to deal with, but it can be dealt with if you make appropriate plays

Scarfed sets of Victini, which are the most common sets, really tear apart this team, as Zen Headbutt does a great deal of damage to everything on my team, and it's signature move of V-Create also does severe damage to everything, even including against my Keldeo and Terrakion, which are the only fire resists on the team. This thing can also sweep late game with Zen Headbutt if you let your mons get too damaged, so you have to play around Victini really well, if ever you see one.

Yeah, Togekiss. This thing really cripples and destroys my team with its combination of t-wave and air slash, or it's amazing chance to just flinch everything if it's the less common scarfed set. Your main chance to weaken this thing is to get rocks up whenever you can, and yes this is alot easier than you think, even if the opponent has a mega diancie, as only true men make that double, as it gets OHKO'd by iron head, and stealth rocks allows it to be dealt with by terrakion and/or cobalion alot easier.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 32 Def / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

My dear friend Choco, for recommending me cobalion and it's moveset.
My friend voidchrono, for passing me cobalion's current EV spread.
Stunfisk The Great and scpinion, for the core challenges.
Ticken, who's rating encouraged me to ladder higher.
Virizion, for being the only member of the sword quadruplet that is pretty much useless for fighting.

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Nice to see this, reminds me of me doing my fighting CC xD. Great team btw I would only suggest nape> cobalion but that's your decision tbh. Nice peak, and grats on winning the CC.

He didn't win yet dusk raimon, not until 11:59 pm est tomorrow night. Anyways, great job kiddo! If you want a recommendation from me, you could try out Tailwind on Hawlucha (one of the original intents as to why we chose that mon as Mega Hera's partner). I'm also curious why Cobalion's evs are all over the place, if you can explain that that would be helpful. Otherwise, grats on the peak, and GL to you on the last day! :) (If you'd like, I can add your team to team showcase)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)