Shuckle [QC 0/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Gravity doesn't, nor has ever, have much of a standing in the meta, but occasionally I have seen some mumblings about people having moderate success with stuff like Gravity Landorus, who uses it to sling perfect accuracy QuakeEdges around. You might see where I'm going with this; since Gravity grounds EVERYTHING, Sticky Web suddenly loses its biggest drawback in being unable to affect the fast Flying types and Levitaters such as Thundurus, Talonflame (both still have priority TWave and Flying, of course), Lati@s, and Gengar, as well as *I think* Balloon users too. Now even those usually exempt from Sticky Web's nasty -1 Spe are brought to a relative crawl.

Anyways, while the move Gravity is ultra niche, it might deserve some kind of mention in the Partners section for abusing Sticky Web. Might be kinda cool to make up a gimmick team revolving around the two to slow down the meta and let slower mons with monstrous offensive presence but lackluster speed really shine in such a fast paced world. In my perfect little world where such a gimmick can be pulled off effectively, maybe even Metagross would be viable!

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I realize Gravity doesn't, nor has ever, have much of a standing in the meta, but occasionally I have seen some mumblings about people having moderate success with stuff like Gravity Landorus, who uses it to sling perfect accuracy QuakeEdges around. You might see where I'm going with this; since Gravity grounds EVERYTHING, Sticky Web suddenly loses its biggest drawback in being unable to affect the fast Flying types and Levitaters such as Thundurus, Talonflame (both still have priority TWave and Flying, of course), Lati@s, and Gengar, as well as *I think* Balloon users too. Now even those usually exempt from Sticky Web's nasty -1 Spe are brought to a relative crawl.

Anyways, while the move Gravity is ultra niche, it might deserve some kind of mention in the Partners section for abusing Sticky Web. Might be kinda cool to make up a gimmick team revolving around the two to slow down the meta and let slower mons with monstrous offensive presence but lackluster speed really shine in such a fast paced world. In my perfect little world where such a gimmick can be pulled off effectively, maybe even Metagross would be viable!
That's a little too gimmicky. I don't see how that would have much of niche.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure where to start.

• Checks & Counters lists Taunt as top bill when the only actual set has Mental Herb as an unslashed option.
  • You go out of your way to mention that Trick is bad because of your low speed, and not, you know... because it locks you into what is likely a useless support move after the first usage.
  • You mention Encore only for "phazing and preventing setup" instead of the obvious "encore trapping is total horseshit and nothing can really 2hko Shuckle"
  • The word "Crawdaunt" appears in your analysis.
  • Despite your claims, "Knock" is not a great utility move. It's not even a move. Knock Off, on the other hand, is actually pretty cool.
  • Seriously, you actually advocated the usage of Crawdaunt in OU.
  • You actually used the term "walls Shuckle" unironically, and specifically called out Steel-types? I'm pretty sure Sharpedo walls it, uninvested. There's also no reason to mention Steel specifically, as the main set doesn't use Toxic.
  • Your counters are all about beating Shuckle specifically, when Shuckle itself is the least threatening thing about Shuckle. "Counters" to Shuckle should be able to negate its ability to do things that help its team, and none of your mentions (other than MAYBE bisharp? but whatever, thats a flaw of sticky web teams that have to be considered anyway regardless of who sets down the web) actually do that.
Given these points, and the valid concerns raised by Quality Control members, this analysis is being reassigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)