[Signup to be a Sub!] LLAMA 2.0 - Shared Edition: Round 1 Pairings

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For the set of rules and stuff check: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...rnament-llama-shared-edition-signups.3629577/

How will this work? Simple: the battlers were divided in groups of 3, solely with RNG. The three players will face each other on a small round robin. From every group 1 battler will advance and 2 will stay.

Also, the two players who played the best will advance, to a total of 8 players. The decision will be made by either me or emma (whoever isn't an interested party, aka, already passed or already left the tourney). If both are interested parties, then I will go bug tourn com I guess.

The Groups are as follows:

Group 1
VirajVora ZhengTann
PTPlatinum
Toon

Group 2
JJayyFeather
S0L1D G0LD
Granny Pie

Group 3
smashlloyd20
Dogfish44
acidphoenix

Group 4
YellowAdminSilver
P2X7
Earth Traveler

Group 5
Elevator Music

Frosty
Birkal

Group 6
Complications
Maxim
nightblitz42

This round robin will happen over two rounds. 2 matches now, 1 match next round. The almighty RNG chose the following matchups:

Group 1
Toon
vs VirajVora ZhengTann
Ref: Frosty

Toon vs PTPlatinum

Group 2
Granny Pie vs JJayyFeather

Granny Pie vs S0L1D G0LD

Group 3
smashlloyd20 vs Dogfish44
Ref: Elevator Music

smashlloyd20 vs acidphoenix
Ref: Elevator Music

Group 4
Earth Traveler vs YellowAdminSilver
Ref: Toon

Earth Traveler vs P2X7
Ref: Toon

P2X7 vs YellowAdminSilver

Group 5
Frosty vs Birkal
Ref: TMan87

Frosty vs Elevator Music
Ref: JJayyFeather

Group 6
nightblitz42[/USER
] vs Complications

nightblitz42 vs Maxim

(no I won't ref them all...just a placeholder for now).

Rules for the battles are:

Bring 5, Pick 3 Singles. You PM 5 pokemons to the ref, but the battle will be 3vs3 singles. You will choose your mons as the battle develop. Your legendary must be on the team you sent, even though it won't necessarily be sent out in the battle. The other members of the team can be borrowed from any player (respecting the banlist), as per rules.
ASB Arena
Strict 3-day Disqualification.
You will get a single warning per round. After that, you go over DQ and you're done. Referees please tag the combatants when you have finished your reffing. Players, if you know you're going to be away you better post a Leave of Absence BEFORE you leave, or give a very good reason in case of an emergency.
Strict 4-day Disqualification for Refs. Same rules as above (one warning and then BAM). Also, you can be sure as hell that I will jump in to subref anyone if necessary.
Hard Limits: Counting from the posting of the match, after 30 days DQ will be reduced by one day and after 60 days by 2 days.
3 Substitutions.
Turn Order: Coin Flip
2 Recovery/5 Chills per pokemon
All Abilities
All Items - You don't need to own them. They just can't be banned.
Switch=OK
Mega Clause: 1
Z-Move: 1

Arceus
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Dialga
Diancite
Dawn Wings
Dusk Mane
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Prison Bottle
Kyogre
Dark Stone
Light Stone
Lunala
Soul Dew
Lugia
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Solgaleo
Ultranecronium Z
Victini
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom
Zygarde

LOA Rules:
1)
If your LoA makes you unable to post we will wait up to 4 days. The longer the wait the smaller my patience if you keep pulling that card, so I reserve the right of rescinding it. LoAs without a defined ETA will be read as 3 days. that is per instance. You can't pull it in a row without first dealing with your current orders.
2) If your LoA is of the "will be busier" type, you will get +24h extension until it is over. Maximum time for its duration is 15 days (so during those 15 days you get 24h extra time on your posts). The longer the wait the smaller my patience if you keep pulling that card, so I reserve the right of rescinding it. You can't pull it in a row without first dealing with your current orders.
3) If you have good reasons and your match is well advanced, those rules might be excepted. But don't count on it.
4) If 60 days pass, LoAs will be disregarded entirely. Don't get there.

Special DQ rules for rounds 1 and 2:
1)
DQ = replaced by a substitute on an entirely new match. This happens only if the DQ happens in the first 30 days.
2) If one of the players of the group get DQ'd without a sub, the other two members of the group will fight each other a second time. That is so they have more time to showcase their abilities. Except if the DQ happens after 30 days (aka the respective battle advanced enough to be good as a reference)
3) Once DQ on one match, the player is out of the tournament alltogether. Because of that, I reserve the right to rescind a DQ if said player has another ongoing match in which he isn't johning. If the DQ on a single match passes though, it affects the entire tournament. This is so we don't end up with people not being able to showcase themselves properly for that 2 extra slots.
4) The DQ will be extended by 1 day (2 if both situations below occur at the same time) for phase 1 if:
a) the player in question is doing two battles on the same round.
b) we don't have any substitute left (substitutes will be kept up to date on the legendaries thread)

If you want to become a substitute, shoot me a PM

You all have 4 days to send your teams to the refs. Refs post the matches only when I say "post", regardless if the teams were actually sent beforehand. This is so everybody build their teams without privileged information regardless the opponents

Last edited:

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Birkal still needs to send me his team

e: Now I'm all good

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
We have no sub as of now. So for group 5 the match will be solely Frosty vs Elevator Music

If we have subs on round 2, we resume sub vs frosty and sub vs elevator music. If not, both will face each other on a second time

fun.

Also, due to us having no subs, DQ is hereby extended by 1 from this point forward, until someone PMs me stating they want to sub (hint hint nudge nudge)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^ Holy Floatzels. Okay so this means if we tie (win 1 lose 1), the guy who played better gets the first ticket to R2, and then the other guy has to compete performance to nab the 2nd ticket I guess.

Frosty

=_=
Pokemon used on R1:

Gardevoir: 7
- dogfish44: 1
- JJayyFeather: 3
- Birkal: 1
- Frosty: 2
Deoxys: 3
- Frosty: 2
- Jjayy: 1
Kecleon: 3
- Birkal: 3
Aurumoth: 2
- Birkal: 2
Pangoro: 2
- JJayyFeather: 2
Zoroark: 2
- VirajVora: 2
Colossoil: 2
- JJayy: 2
Greninja: 2
- acidphoenix: 1
- Frosty: 1
Gengar: 1
Porygon-Z: 1
Mollux: 1
Alakazam: 1
Electivire: 1
Tomohawk: 1
Thundurus: 1
Volkraken: 1
- Toon: 1
Steelix: 1
Clawitzer: 1
Dusclops: 1
- Epicdrill: 1
Metagross: 1
- tavok: 1
Dusknoir: 1
- Frosty: 1
Aggron: 1
Lucario: 1
Regice: 1
- Elevator Music: 1
Cloyster: 1
- Flamestar: 1
Sableye: 1
- zarator: 1
Vikavolt: 1
- PTPlatinum: 1
Kitsunoh: 1
-JJayy: 1
Pyroak: 1

Gardevoir, Deoxys, Kecleon, Zoroark, Colossoil, Aurumoth, Pangoro, Greninja banned for the remainder of the tourney.

Players get 2CC per usage of their mons. You can do your own calcs and claim when you feel like it.

R2 coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)