Silly Things You've Seen In Other Metagames

Foul Play Electrode? I play randbats often enough to know that's par for the course, but the idea of randbats (vis-a-vis Challenge Cup) is that the items and movesets are somewhat viable. Who uses Foul Play Electrode?

Also, >implying owls are birds. Gotta get that joke out of the way.

Anyway, here's another one.
  • (L) Keen Eye Sableye, getting paralyzed by a Giratina-O before it could Will-O-Wisp. It went mega turn 3 after getting Dracoed, only to die to an EQ.
  • (R) Mixed Giratina-Origin with Thunder Wave, Earthquake, and Draco Meteor. Not bad moves by themselves, but in this specific case...no.
  • (R) Genesect using Techno Blast without a Drive, and on Aegislash. The turn before it used Iron Head. Blaze Kick exists, and is not a bad option (what with Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress absorbing a U-Turn quite well).
  • (L) Sash Serperior, which misses a Leaf Storm. It does take down a rampaging Mega Ray, but it's the last mon up and at 1%, so it's not doing much of anything.
And another.
  • (R) Rhydon (please have Eviolite). Coming in against a Ludicolo. With a Quick Claw, which let it jump Blaziken and EQ it (presumably Blaze was going to do the same to it). Also had SubPunch.
  • (R) Non-Skill Link Cloyster with Spike Cannon. Against Ludicolo, which can (and eventually does) Giga Drain it to death.
  • (L) The pineapple was SubSeed/Rain Dance/Giga Drain, with Rain Dish. You're setting up rain but no Water STAB? You already have Giga Drain and Rain Dish healing, why do you need Leech Seed?
  • (L) Double Leech Miss. 1% chance of that happening.
  • (L) Today on Odd Options That Just Happen to Work: Non-mega Metagross that could care less about Intimidate (thankfully) and packs Thunder Punch. Bye, Gyarados.
  • (L) Gyarados with Thunder Wave. That's new. Also had Return. Uggh.
  • (L) Shedinja with Aerial Ace and Toxic, along with zero hazard removal support. People, if you're gonna use Sheddy, make sure it can get in. That's pretty basic stuff right there.
  • (L) Houndoom coming in on Rhydon, especially after it's shown its Quick Claw, which got Focus Punched for its efforts. (Sunny Day or not, you need two turns for that Solar Beam, although Dark Pulse might have gotten it.)
  • (R) Milotic not counting Rest turns and using Sleep Talk on the turn it woke up. ST also called Surf both times against Gyarados, which is horrible luck indeed.

Thunder Wave +Sweet Kiss +Attract uncompetitive, ban please.

Seriously, though, you can't top that. Especially since it worked. (What randomized gender?)

Okay. I have to try to top that. I just have to. To change things up from my usual AG fare, here's a 1v1 replay. The left side has a Magikarp (that's not funny). The game is Dragonite versus Sceptile, but Sceptile doesn't mega and uses Giga Drain. Because it's not like you get Dragon Pulse or anything.

Back in AG:
  • (R) Delcatty with Charge Beam and Mud Bomb, both of which it used on Forretress. Forre got rocks and one layer of Spikes up, as well as a ToxMiss. *sad trombone*
  • Double miss on turn 7, with Umbreon deftly avoiding a Charge Beam only to whiff its own Toxic. And then it ToxMisses again next turn. Keep in mind, Delcatty does not have an evasion boost.
  • (L) Umbreon with Curse and Sucker Punch, which gets Delcatty at last.
  • (L) Turn 15: Umbreon's third ToxMiss of the match. We are zero-for-four in landing Toxics this match. And Toxic is a 90% move!
  • (L) Attempting to status Delcatty at all, frankly, since R at least had the presence of mind to use Wonder Skin (thanks to Olaph Olaffsson for pointing that out).
  • (L) On 16, Umbreon finally lands a Toxic and then Suckers Ninetales to grab its second kill of the match. My boy putting in work here!
  • (R) Also Ninetales with Flamethrower. Forget not affording to miss; you can't afford to leave something alive.
  • (R) Togekiss with Ancient Power. A base-120 should not be mono-attacking, at least not to me, but it has better things to run for coverage (Fire Blast, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam...).
  • (R) Cute Charm Sylveon with Draining Kiss and Double Team. Face, meet palm.

Last edited:
Mass dump of replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-236075865
the fine replay above features iron head+plus eruption pdon and a rather hard fought battle ironically enough, considering some of the guys sets were... Questionable at best.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-235500167
New alt, same team. Featuring no aqua jet azumarill, setting up when ditto is there, iron defense Ferro, and me playing badly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-235503050
Outrage zard X, non mega lucario, and xern seems to have forgotten its power herb.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-235721310
Mono ditto

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-235724996
WHY DO PEOPLE SET UP ON TEAMS THAT PACK DITTO?!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-236075865
Left:
Shefinja, using phantom force AFTER getting a choice scarf.
Trick jirachi with lefties.
Random forfeit

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-236077973
Dragon PULSE aggron
Pikachu at all
Foddering the entire team before the mewtwo with hurricane was sent in to kill mega luke. Oh, and horn leech xerneas.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-236081046
Holy crap this one's a doozy. Practically worth it's own post.
Left:
Not too much wrong here outside of this being Ag and his team choices. Other than having 2 potential megas with their stones. And energy ball gengar failing to KO that duskinoir when mega-ing would have.
Right:Hoo boy. This one had to be seen to be believed.
5 pinkmons and 1 ..... Blue?
I believe "hail" is the weather you were looking for walrein.
Delibird with defog removing webs. It also packed quick attack and ice beam. It actually killed something(the smeargle) too. And using thief, while holding a sash
Duskinoir, with the obligatory dark pulse. It gets shadow punch which is still stronger than that. It also became the LUCKIEST duskinoir ever with the reveal of the quick claw...getting priority destiny bond.
Thief quagsire.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-236085967

This one's hilarious because not only is it a twitch plays Pokemon team, but is one of the worst ever attempts at making one I've ever seen.
Lemme put it this way:
Gyro ball Lord Helix. And that's just some of it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-236334053
Mono shuckle vs competetive-ish Gen 6 ash team. Ash team wins

Turn 16, though. That was ridiculous.

Anyway, here's another one.
  • (R) Reuniclus with Signal Beam. Psychic/Bug is actually slightly better than its normal Psychic/Ghost coverage, although the fact that it was also a Trick Room setter suggests no third attack. Shame about that 75 BP, though.
  • (R) Victini with U-Turn and Brick Break, the latter of which actually came in handy, since the left side had a Meowstic to set screens.
  • (R) Offensive Gliscor with Swords Dance, Earthquake, Protect, and Ice Fang, which gets a freeze on Accelgor and proceeds to clean house, mainly because...
  • (L) Accelgor stays in and lets Gliscor get to +6.
  • (L) Pinsir using CC (18%) after previously doing 28% with Bullet Seed.
And another. This looks like a good one.
  • (L) Fire mono, although a username including Greninja hardly suggests that.
  • (R) On the other side, five Fires and a Tyranitar. T-tar and Zard-Y make a pretty sweet core from what I've heard, but see below for why that's not the case here.
  • (R) When you see Giga Impact, you know it's gonna be good. Today it's Mega Houndoom packing the move--and mixed, with Fire Blast.
  • (L) Torkoal trying to stack rocks twice. Also, Torkoal as a rocks lead with Toxic is unusual. It then used Rapid Spin with no hazards on its side.
  • (R) Primal Groudon with Hidden Power Water. Which of course it used under Desolate Land multiple times. Also had Eruption and Overheat.
  • (L) Delphox with Low Kick, as well as using Dazzling Gleam on Groudon. Look, Fire/Psychic/Fairy is only resisted by three things (one of them Delphox itself, interestingly). But you might want to remember the Psychic part, especially when you have STAB on it.
  • Dueling non-mega Charizards. See the next two bullets. (Presumably Camerupt and Houndoom being the two megas, respectively.)
  • (L) This one has Fly and Crunch. It also wins, and sets Sunny Day manually on a pretty neat prediction. Tyranitar comes in, gets its sand...immediately taken away. But Zard then succumbs to Solar Power damage.
  • (R) This one has a SE HP (probably Water) and Dragon Claw.
  • (R) Heatran with Fire Fang. Really?
  • (R) Tyranitar using Avalanche on Heatran. Quad resist, people. Also had Fire Punch, which it used, again, on Heatran.
  • (L) Dragon Pulse isn't exactly common on Heatran, either. Gotta get dem Dragons? It also had Earthquake, Dark Pulse, and Eruption.
  • (R) This Heatran using Toxic twice on the other Heatran and slowly letting itself get Dark Pulsed to death.

Remember when I said I wasn't going to post ITT anymore? No? Good, because I didn't.

Anyway...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-237595501
Magikarp team. Only with Splash. Free ladder points for the other guy. Who had Giga Drain+Ingrain+ Rest Ferrothorn
I would like to mention I have seen ingrain Giga drain Ferrothorn beat crocune 1v1 with leech seed because it had big root. Critical hit on the Suicune at 37 percent, it was a regular OU tour, they were the last two Pokemon in the fight. The Suicune user was a driver, or voiced or something in OU. Ferrothorn is silly with this set

The items though.
Binding Band Celebi, Aguav Berry Mew, Abomasite Gengar

Anyway, today we have:
  • (L) Gliscor with...U-Turn? (The opposing Ditto used it first.) Okay.
  • (L) Weakness Policy Tyranitar, which only got one kill before dying to a Drain Punch. Watch those quad-weaknesses now. (Which makes me wonder: how the heck do people make it work on Dragonite, Rhyperior, and Golem?)
  • (R) Braviary with Rock Slide. Mon not bad, move not bad, mon plus move a little unusual. Also had Sky Attack, but at least a Power Herb too.
  • (L) Breloom with Seed Bomb and no Toxic Orb (for Poison Heal). Um...you're not Effect Spore by chance, are you?
  • (R) Ditto using Knock off on a clearly Mega Gallade, only doing 32% when a resisted Drain Punch the next turn did 30%.
  • (R) Mienshao with Acrobatics while holding an item...a Red Card. (Also had Drain Punch, but not calling that because recovery.)
And for our second match, this shortie:
  • (L) Thundurus with Flash Cannon. Hitting what, now?
  • (R) Typhlosion with Flame Charge. It's a special attacker, for chrissakes.
  • (L) Switching Primal Groudon in on Typhlosion. Um, it's neutral to Fire and Typh gets the boost too. Oh, and not using a Ground move.
  • (L) Non. Primal. Kyogre. Physical. With Iron Head. (And Thunder Wave.)
That was short, so number three:
  • (L) Skuntank with Shadow Claw. Everyone together now, one, two, three: DARK! IS! NOT! GHOST! Oh, and it also had Crunch.
  • (R) Another non-primal Kyogre, with Water Spout. People! Origin Pulse exists! Use it!
  • (L) Forfeit after five turns, because apparently Kyogre was going to sweep (quoth the right). Although when your side includes Rhyperior and Garchomp and you have rocks and two layers of Spikes on your side with no hazard removal, I'd say the odds are a little long too. (And even if the whale went down, there's still EKiller, Mega Ray, Darkrai, and Skymin to deal with.)

(L) Weakness Policy Tyranitar, which only got one kill before dying to a Drain Punch. Watch those quad-weaknesses now. (Which makes me wonder: how the heck do people make it work on Dragonite, Rhyperior, and Golem?)
I would say, Multiscale, Solid Rock, and Sturdy, respectively.
(L) Breloom with Seed Bomb and no Toxic Orb (for Poison Heal). Um...you're not Effect Spore by chance, are you?
Might have been Technician, but Bullet Seed is better for that.

I would say, Multiscale, Solid Rock, and Sturdy, respectively.
Ah, yes, abilities that can help those particular Pokemon survive a 4x (or 6x with STAB) effective hit. Tyranitar doesn't happen to possess any of those, so it's pretty stupid. And like Assault Vests, Weakness Policies seem to crop up everywhere without rhyme or reason.

Might have been Technician, but Bullet Seed is better for that.
Except when Bullet Seed hits twice. Still, that's the best you can hope for, I think.

Here's a doubles match that goes on for 108 turns between my Verlis Shuckle and Skill Swap Blissey.

And here's two random BH battles and a 1v1 I watched.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-235743695
  • (R) Non-Simple Klefki trying to Baton Pass. Tries to spore a poisoned Deo-D
  • (L) No attack Haze Deo-D. Heart Swap exists.
  • (R) Klefki tricks Leftovers to the Toxic Heal Deo-D. Guess how that goes.
  • (L) Tries to set up multiple Stealth Rocks
  • (R) Venomoth. Simple Geomancy Venomoth, but Venomoth all the same.
  • (R) Forfeits after its boosts are Hazed.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-235745991
  • (R) Is left from last battle
  • (L) Speed Boost Palkia. You do you, pal.
  • (R) No Guard mixed MMX
  • (L) M-Beedrill uses Poison Jab on an apparently-Ground type P-Don
  • (R) Protean BD P-Don? I guess that's okay, but it can use way better sets.
  • (L) Delta Steam Pidgeot-M. Good ability. Terrible mon.
  • (L) Has absolutely no priority and gets swept by P-Don.
  • (L) However, Regigigas takes a two-hit Water Shuriken to pop P-Don with...Dizzy Punch.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-235747914
  • (L) Only has Heracross
  • (L) Mega Hera, but doesn't mega turn 1 and gets a 2-hit Rock Blast
  • (R) Uses SD twice and Bullet Punch when it 2HKOs at +2, risking the loss
  • (L) Would have won if he had used Rock Blast again instead of EQ (Why?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)