Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Not all of these were my opponents (some I just watched), but:

The foe's Empoleon used Hydro Cannon!
The Water Gem strengthened Hydro Cannon's power!
Scizor lost 65.6% of its health!

~~

Gengar used Giga Impact!
It's not very effective... The foe's Forretress lost 6.5% of its health!

~~

Keldeo-Resolute used Bounce!
The foe's domer lost 12.0% of its health!
Keldeo-Resolute is hurt by the foe's domer's Rough Skin!
Keldeo-Resolute is hurt by the foe's domer's Rocky Helmet!

Keldeo-Resolute used Focus Blast!
The foe's domer avoided the attack!

Keldeo-Resolute used Close Combat!
The foe's domer lost 25.4% of its health!
Keldeo-Resolute is hurt by the foe's domer's Rough Skin!
Keldeo-Resolute is hurt by the foe's domer's Rocky Helmet!
Keldeo-Resolute's Defense fell!
Keldeo-Resolute's Special Defense fell!

~~

The Keldeo was on the same team as a bunch of other things with horrible sets. Best part of watching that match though was his opponent's reaction: im so glad i took the time to see how bad that team is instead of just 6-0ing

What was Domer lol? A Garchomp?

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I just saw this match on the OU ladder. I feel this is the utmost definition of "silly": http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-55299313
(Someone who used a Slowbro set of Block/Recycle/Slack Off/Heal Pulse with a Leppa berry (PP restoring berry), trapping a Ferrothorn with Gyro/Seeds/SR/Spikes... basically the match then ends after 300+ turns after the opponent lost due to lack of activity, the dude with the Slowbro set if he wanted to can make the match last forever.)

I feel like that was just too extreme, it stopped being competitive match and started become a match where "who ever can last the longest win". I know this isn't the topic to post this stuff but can't Smogon just ban Heal Pulse? It has no competitive value and can help prevent stuff like this.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just saw this match on the OU ladder. I feel this is the utmost definition of "silly": http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-55299313
(Someone who used a Slowbro set of Block/Recycle/Slack Off/Heal Pulse with a Leppa berry (PP restoring berry), trapping a Ferrothorn with Gyro/Seeds/SR/Spikes... basically the match then ends after 300+ turns after the opponent lost due to lack of activity, the dude with the Slowbro set if he wanted to can make the match last forever.)

I feel like that was just too extreme, it stopped being competitive match and started become a match where "who ever can last the longest win". I know this isn't the topic to post this stuff but can't Smogon just ban Heal Pulse? It has no competitive value and can help prevent stuff like this.
People got really pissed about extreme stalling like this in BH a while back.

Nothing was actually done about it because in the end nobody really gives a shit.

I have witnessed the power of the greatest Pokémon ever to grace this earth.

The almighty Sunny Day / Rain Dance / Hail / Sandstorm Suicune.
I actually remember a guy who ran that set and it actually won him the battle. Not saying it's viable, but I have seen it before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)