Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, help me do the math with paraflinching hax:
Air Slash/Iron Head have a 60% chance of flinching under Serene grace, that means 2/5 chances of move if my guy is not paralyzed.
Implying it is paralyzed, it can move 1/4 of the time, so by the laws of probability as they're independent events (both probs are multiplied) if a Jirachi Iron Heads a paralyzed Pokémon (obviously the paralyzed one moves after), there is only 1/10 (10%) chance the opposing guy will pull its move? :v

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Feel like I'm doing this every single time .-. Need to pick one among the following pokemon to breed next (all male and can do 5IV or HP Fire/Ice/Grass spreads on each of them).

Timid HA Abra @ Lux Ball
Modest HA Solosis @ Nest Ball
Modest/Calm/Timid Larvesta @ Premier Ball
Timid HA Froakie @ Dive Ball - (T-Spikes)
Modest HA Bulbasaur @ Nest Ball - (Giga Drain/Leaf Storm)

Feel like I'm doing this every single time .-. Need to pick one among the following pokemon to breed next (all male and can do 5IV or HP Fire/Ice/Grass spreads on each of them).

Timid HA Abra @ Lux Ball
Modest HA Solosis @ Nest Ball
Modest/Calm/Timid Larvesta @ Premier Ball
Timid HA Froakie @ Dive Ball - (T-Spikes)
Modest HA Bulbasaur @ Nest Ball - (Giga Drain/Leaf Storm)
I can help with the larvesta but is in dusk ball, are you really that picky?

Hey guys, help me do the math with paraflinching hax:
Air Slash/Iron Head have a 60% chance of flinching under Serene grace, that means 2/5 chances of move if my guy is not paralyzed.
Implying it is paralyzed, it can move 1/4 of the time, so by the laws of probability as they're independent events (both probs are multiplied) if a Jirachi Iron Heads a paralyzed Pokémon (obviously the paralyzed one moves after), there is only 1/10 (10%) chance the opposing guy will pull its move? :v
Err... Paralysis STOPS the pokemon from moving 1/4 of the time. So you're assuming that 75% of the time, the pokemon will move 40% of the time. The rest of the time it won't move at all. 3moves/4attempts x 4moves/10attempts = 12 moves per 40 attempts = 3moves/10attempts. So they get to do shit 30% of the time. That being said, we all know the percentages gamefreak gives us are bullshit, since focus miss and stone miss do not hit anything close to 70 or 80 percent accuracy. My Kyogre's sheer cold hit more pokes in emerald than bloody stone edge. So take the math for what you will.

Err... Paralysis STOPS the pokemon from moving 1/4 of the time. So you're assuming that 75% of the time, the pokemon will move 40% of the time. The rest of the time it won't move at all. 3moves/4attempts x 4moves/10attempts = 12 moves per 40 attempts = 3moves/10attempts. So they get to do shit 30% of the time. That being said, we all know the percentages gamefreak gives us are bullshit, since focus miss and stone miss do not hit anything close to 70 or 80 percent accuracy. My Kyogre's sheer cold hit more pokes in emerald than bloody stone edge. So take the math for what you will.
thx

i looked up how to get groudon, and i need the red orb, and it's been ages lol ;~;
i have no idea, but i can work on it maybe i think? (i know i haven't caught it yet lol)!
You get it in soul silver, after defeating red.. From mr pokemon. =P Then it's at the Cliff edge Gate at Cinawood.. ^^ Maybe you're far from beating the game?

anyone know where the smogon Shiny Value database spreadsheet is at? im cleaning my game and i have a box with unhatched eggs that i saved their SV's in a word doc.

Well, if it only wasn't updated, possibly you could've looked still through it .. Which you can't :P
Reddit is the best place to find SVs though, you're correct.
Woah! I never see you on anymore XD. Is it possible to breed me an hp grass cyndaquil for anything in my thread? Pm me :). I gtg but I will message you later!

Well, it looks like virtually no-one is online now but what the hell...

Time for another BriarRose STUPENDOUS, MARVELLOUS GIVEAWAY!

Fennekin (Modest/Magician) H/A

31/x/31/31/31/31 MALE

Egg moves:

-Hypnosis
-Magic Coat
-Wish
-Heat Wave

Lapras (Modest/Water Absorb)

31/x/31/31/31/31 MALE

Egg moves:

-Dragon Dance
-Whirlpool
-Freeze Dry

Drilbur (Adamant/Mold Breaker) H/A

31/x/31/31/31/31 MALE

Egg moves:

-Rapid Spin

RULES:

-1 per person
-PM me to collect

-Collection at 9 PM GMT today

IF YOU CAN'T BE ONLINE AT THIS TIME DO NOT ASK FOR A POKEMON

(I'm fed up with people expecting me to hold on to their pokemon for days on end)

On trade threads, do people prefer, static or moving sprites?
I can't decide wheatear I'd rather have static sprites with the base 'mon and its evolutions or just one moving one (ie. it's base or final evolved form).

What do you guys like?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
On trade threads, do people prefer, static or moving sprites?
I can't decide wheatear I'd rather have static sprites with the base 'mon and its evolutions or just one moving one (ie. it's base or final evolved form).

What do you guys like?
I prefer moving, and only what's actually being traded... I know what each Pokémon evolves into, so unless someone's offering both lv. 1 UT, and an EV trained, fully evolved version too I prefer just to see what's being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)